ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286763)

Hammock Parties 09-21-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 10937961)
Beat the patriots, and I'll start watching with both eyes open again

If we beat the Patriots it's because the Patriots suck.

I refuse to believe this team can compete with good teams until there's nowhere left for me to run.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-21-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10938029)
If we beat the Patriots it's because the Patriots suck.

I refuse to believe this team can compete with good teams until there's nowhere left for me to run.

I agree with your first sentence. Until this team finishes the job versus just getting to the goal line against an elite team, it's all just fools gold.

Hootie 09-21-2014 10:42 PM

I don't disagree, I don't think we're a good team by any means...I'm just saying, if we get back to 2-2, I'll watch with some sort of emotion...so far this year, I haven't cared one bit. Totally meh.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-21-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 10938089)
I don't disagree, I don't think we're a good team by any means...I'm just saying, if we get back to 2-2, I'll watch with some sort of emotion...so far this year, I haven't cared one bit. Totally meh.

Hey, I'm just glad to know that we're not the ****ing scrubs I thought we were after the opener. We all wanted to suck for Luck because we had no hope. I'm not even ready to go back in those waters.

Hootie 09-21-2014 10:55 PM

It's sad. I have very little emotional investment in this team. Hopefully that'll change but I don't think I'll buy back in until next year.

Hammock Parties 09-21-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10938123)
Hey, I'm just glad to know that we're not the ****ing scrubs I thought we were after the opener. We all wanted to suck for Luck because we had no hope. I'm not even ready to go back in those waters.

I'm not so sure. We were this close to giving the game back to a very bad Miami team. The third quarter was a ****ing disaster.

The line is still bad, Alex is still not throwing the ball down the field, and Miami had stretches on offense where we looked like the 32 Defense had returned.

If we get blasted by New England I'm pretty sure we're still looking at a top 7 pick.

GoShox 09-21-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10938138)
I'm not so sure. We were this close to giving the game back to a very bad Miami team. The third quarter was a ****ing disaster.

This is very true, but we didn't give it away, unlike a Patriots team that got outscored 23-0 in the 2nd half against Miami.

These next few weeks will be very telling for the Chiefs.

Why Not? 09-21-2014 11:08 PM

Great read, as always.

There is no such thing as "running up" the score of a pro game.

When Alabama plays Milledgville A&T, then fine, you shut it down for the 4th quarter. But for pro athletes! **** 'em. Get a stop if you don't like

smith11 09-21-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10938138)

The line is still bad, Alex is still not throwing the ball down the field, and Miami had stretches on offense where we looked like the 32 Defense had returned.

If we get blasted by New England I'm pretty sure we're still looking at a top 7 pick.

the line is still bad. Alex is not throwing the ball downfield

Hmmmm--maybe there is a connection between those 2 points---they said early in the broadcast Chiefs led league in qb pressures thru 1st 2 games...chiefs won game with decision to switch to quicker released pass plays, smith hit 19-25 with at least 3 drops (davis, kelce abd bowe--how does bowe drop a slant pass on 3rd down? looked like he had his hands such that he was trying to backhand the ball)...chiefs for 2nd week in a rown were over 50% on 3rd down

smith11 09-21-2014 11:23 PM

those who proclaimed ford a bust after only 2 games==ready to reconsider?

smith11 09-21-2014 11:24 PM

santos kickoffs are as bad as his field goal tries==chiefs need to look at the McManus kid when croncos cut him to bring back their veteran kicjer

smith11 09-21-2014 11:26 PM

alex smith used to be really good connecting with vernon davis on a seam route in san francisco--im thinking we may see him hit some of those seem routes to kelce soon

WhiteWhale 09-21-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10938123)

Honestly I'm surprised anyone thought KC was that bad after the opener.

The game was clearly a case of Andy Reid just having his head shoved entirely up his own ass all week. One of the worst game-plans I've ever seen in all my years as a football fan.

YOu have an OL that run blocks MUCh better then pass protects. YOu have a QB who thrives almost exclusively when he's not asked to do too much. You have no WR's worthy of mention. You have a deep and varied backfield of running backs at your disposal...and we throw/run at a 50/10 ratio. KC should have handled the titans.

KC could do pretty well with the style they played today, but Andy will NEVER stick with it. Next week he'll probably be back to calling 50 pass plays.

Ming the Merciless 09-21-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 10938131)
It's sad. I have very little emotional investment in this team. Hopefully that'll change but I don't think I'll buy back in until next year.

I kind of go there in my head too

but I'm just gonna enjoy this for what it is...( an average non playoff season)

They aint saying it but we ARE very early in the rebuild still, boys.

They were just being tight lipped and hoping to sell some seats (I cannot blame them).

I haven't given up hope on this plan....if anything I think I am starting to see it unfold a little. Little by little.....

OldSchool 09-21-2014 11:40 PM

My take away was that last week's effort and performance wasn't fool's gold and week 1 was truly just a case of the coaching staff shitting itself. I'll feel even better if we can beat the Pats on Monday Night.