ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How does the NFL handle situations like Berrys? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288684)

loochy 11-25-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11144725)
**** the cap room

pay that man his ****ing money

like he was saying

berry will get his pay - i have absolutely NO doubt about this

they will work some sort of deal that gets him off of their salary cap though

maybe cut, rehire as a "special advisor" or something, then pay him....can they do that?

Chief Roundup 11-25-2014 02:58 PM

I don't see how this could end in a settlement from the Chiefs. This is a non-football illness. It is not an injury.

Chief Roundup 11-25-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 11144751)
like he was saying

berry will get his pay - i have absolutely NO doubt about this

they will work some sort of deal that gets him off of their salary cap though

maybe cut, rehire as a "special advisor" or something, then pay him....can they do that?

The league would not allow that. It would be seen as trying to circumvent the salary cap.

Chief Roundup 11-25-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11144714)
if that means he doesn't get paid and the Chiefs don't do the right thing and pay him that money

they are a bunch of shit ****s who can die in a ****ing fire and I'll have ZERO ****ing respect for the franchise

that said, they'll pay him; it would be a PR nightmare if they didn't

Are you meaning pay him the rest of this year? I could see them doing that. But I don't see them paying him next year.

MTG#10 11-25-2014 03:06 PM

I hope Berry gets paid his entire contract, but is there anyway we get out of his salary hitting our cap?

EDIT: NM, I see that's already been covered.

DaneMcCloud 11-25-2014 03:13 PM

If the Chiefs decided not to pay Berry the remainder of his salary, that money could be used to rollover to 2015, giving them more than $10 million in additional cap space.

That said, I cannot see the Chiefs making that decision.

J Diddy 11-25-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11144714)
if that means he doesn't get paid and the Chiefs don't do the right thing and pay him that money

they are a bunch of shit ****s who can die in a ****ing fire and I'll have ZERO ****ing respect for the franchise

that said, they'll pay him; it would be a PR nightmare if they didn't

All emotion aside, if you get Lymphoma, do you expect your employer to continue paying you when you're not working?

Truth of the matter is that he probably has some disability insurance or something along those lines that will pick up where his salary leaves off.

Hootie 11-25-2014 03:37 PM

I don't care what it takes he should get every cent he was due for the rest of the season.

If that means we can't take advantage of the loophole that allows us for more salary cap next year then so be it.

chiefzilla1501 11-25-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11144938)
I don't care what it takes he should get every cent he was due for the rest of the season.

If that means we can't take advantage of the loophole that allows us for more salary cap next year then so be it.

I would be shocked if the Chiefs did that. And I don't think they even could do that.

Next season is a different story.

BossChief 11-25-2014 03:47 PM

Why should they have to pay him for 2015?

MTG#10 11-25-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11144950)
Why should they have to pay him for 2015?

They shouldn't but he should most definitely get the rest of his money for this season.

Mr. Laz 11-25-2014 05:37 PM

Fully vested players are guaranteed their entire year's contract if they are on the roster at the 1st game of the season. To be full vested you have to be in the year for 4 seasons. Eric Berry is in his 5th season.

I don't know if non-football illness allows them to deduct anything or not, but i don't think so.