ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Your preference for the first rounder, given this hypothetical. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290556)

Saccopoo 02-11-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshirt32 (Post 11322961)
Would be nice to get a late second rd pick, by trading down this year. Teams went after WR last year so you would think some of the WRs projected high will fall and be available in the second and 3rd rds this year.

I would drop a few spots and select AJ Cann if possible getting an extra 3rd rounder, select a WR in the second rd, select ILB/DB/QB or OL again in the 3d round.

If La'el Collins is still on the board when the Chiefs pick, it's a ****ing steal for this team - a team which has massive question marks at four positions on the offensive line. No ****ing brainer as far as I'm concerned as Collins would upgrade any of the four immediately. This team has to protect Smith and Charles and they better get at least two new significant upgrades to the offensive line in this draft. Collins would be a giant leap towards that goal.

Dante84 02-12-2015 08:03 AM

Gordon is the next JC, as far as I'm concerned. He's that good, and if he's the only "Elite" player, in a position that drops off significantly, I'm comfortable with him.

I'd say it's a flip between him and White for that pick.

Bowser 02-12-2015 10:01 AM

This kid can flat out fly...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LpNVPq2XUKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 02-12-2015 10:07 AM

White looks decidedly quicker than DGB, but what freakish athlete he is...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vE1g75CEzYE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC 02-12-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11323160)
If La'el Collins is still on the board when the Chiefs pick, it's a ****ing steal for this team - a team which has massive question marks at four positions on the offensive line. No ****ing brainer as far as I'm concerned as Collins would upgrade any of the four immediately. This team has to protect Smith and Charles and they better get at least two new significant upgrades to the offensive line in this draft. Collins would be a giant leap towards that goal.

I'm starting to think he's not big or strong enough for Andy's system. He's 308 lbs.

I like Donovan Smith and Rob Havenstein way more as OT's in our offense.

CleveSteve 02-12-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11323580)
I'm starting to think he's not big or strong enough for Andy's system. He's 308 lbs.

I like Donovan Smith and Rob Havenstein way more as OT's in our offense.

Have you watched Collins? He is strong enough.

Meatloaf 02-12-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11323066)
Yeah, setting a school record for TD passes in a game in the SEC and catching 12 scores as a true sophomore old just screams "meh" college production.

Ok, maybe a bit better than "meh", but still, 4 TDs against KY isn't like playing against Alabama. 883 yards is ok, but certainly not awesome.

BUT, it's got to be clear that the guy isn't a TEAM player. Heck, the TEAM didn't even want him despite his stats. Then he goes to Oklahoma under the pretense of wanting to be a part of that program......not. He was there simply to eat up a year so that he could go pro. Me, me, me........the guy screams of being a prima donna.

Nope, I'll pass on DGB.

ptlyon 02-12-2015 05:14 PM

Just any LT will do

redshirt32 02-14-2015 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11323160)

Why is it that NE can draft in the lower part of each round and continue to produce each year.

For what ever reason the Chiefs have not drafted well enough the last 40 plus years to get close to a championship. Nor have they been lucky enough or smart enough to land the QB that will take them to the promise land.

With this draft it will be a make or brake for the current Admin IMO, time for them to think out of the box at draft time, it is thier 3rd draft they need to get it right this year or follow the same path as the last 40 plus years.

Hoover 02-14-2015 07:20 AM

If White and Collins are both there I'll be thrilled with either.

While I really want to draft a WR in the first round, I think what the team really needs is a solid Oline, which is why I would probably take Collins.

chiefscafan 02-14-2015 09:37 AM

With this scenario too many good people available. I probably trade down and pick up a second rounder. Then I take a flier on DGB or Jalen Strong WR ASU. That kid can play and will be a better Pro.

OldSchool 02-16-2015 08:05 PM

DGB is what Funchess would be if he didn't play like a complete pussy.

O.city 02-16-2015 09:10 PM

I think Collins would be my choice there.

Collins and a second round wr or max Williams magically falling is better than Kevin white and whatever guard they'd look a t in the 2nd

chiefscafan 02-17-2015 09:53 AM

Most draft philosophy is if there is more than five guys you want from a list you should trade down. I would look for a team desperate enough to trade a first and second. That way you end up with late first and 2 second rounders. However DGB intrigues me.

According to mike mayock of nfl network he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing (running routes). But he's a game changer.

CleveSteve 02-17-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 11331309)
Most draft philosophy is if there is more than five guys you want from a list you should trade down. I would look for a team desperate enough to trade a first and second. That way you end up with late first and 2 second rounders. However DGB intrigues me.

According to mike mayock of nfl network he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing (running routes). But he's a game changer.

You could probably swap with Carolina in that scenario... Collins being the last legit LT on the board.