ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A few things to clear up. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291606)

Hammock Parties 03-29-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11409581)
Vanilla offense.

Just testing the waters.

Seeing who can play.

It takes at least 4 seasons for an offense/regime to hit stride.

It sucks that we had so many picks in a weak draft/every other team jumped our board.

Fisher is still developing.

Maclin and Smith have NEVER played together, they need to develop chemistry.

Trivers 03-29-2015 04:23 PM

You two should get a room. :)

I've been disappointed too many times; but yet hope springs eternal.

We won't know till September.

Otter 03-29-2015 04:28 PM

Heh, occasionally I catch my wife watching soap operas and I see myself watching football and taking it seriously. I'll care when the Chiefs are in post-season contention.

Mr. Laz 03-29-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 11409290)
We've shown we can beat some of the top teams in the league. This team is still one of the youngest in the league. Yeah we have a chickenshit QB but we have to deal with it. If we add another guy opposite Maclin in the draft and Allen or Stephenson step up at RT, our line should be good enough to get by.

Our defense balled out last season for losing DJ, and Devito. We had no namers at ILB and corner and still had a top 10 D. Obviously another ILB and safety in the first 4 rounds would be great.

Bottom line is, with our coaching staff, if Dorsey is able to hit on this draft..as in at least 3-4 guys who are either starting or rotating at key positions there's no reason why we don't make a run this year unless we get the injury bug.

people keep acting like being a young team is some badge of honor

It can just as easily mean that you don't pay to keep your players around long enough to get older and/or you fail drafting really good players so you have to keep trying over and over again.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11409586)
Maclin and Smith have NEVER played together, they need to develop chemistry.

:clap:

Oh you KNOW that one's coming.

milkman 03-29-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11409610)

It can just as easily mean that you don't pay to keep your players around long enough to get older and/or you fail drafting really good players so you have to keep trying over and over again.

Or it could mean that the last 2 regimes failed miserably with the talent they drafted, and those pieces don't fit with this regime.

Jim Lahey 03-29-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11409610)

Yeah because we've refused to pay so many players over the years. GTFO with that bullshit.

We've had a young team for years but not a young team with this much overall talent. Our window for making a deep playoff run is opening this season whether you want to accept that fact or not.