ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sooooooo what was the point behind the London 'home' game again? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292119)

mikeyis4dcats. 04-25-2015 12:21 PM

If only there was some sort of European football league....

The Franchise 04-25-2015 12:23 PM

Give a 3rd team to Texas. San Antonio could handle one.

The Franchise 04-25-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 11458899)

I really wish they'd bring that back. Give one team to each NFL team and let it be like the minors are for baseball. More jobs for college players who just need time and more training.

Chiefshrink 04-25-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11458797)
There is no point, its an attempted money grab that wont pan out like they hope it will... football was, and will remain, about as popular over there as soccer is here.

They're not going to make football some juggernaut over there no matter how hard they wish it to be so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 11458899)

Which should be hint that it ain't going to work but like I said there must be some angle of financial gain from continuing to do this because owners don't like losing $$.

Chief Roundup 04-25-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11458668)
what does a London game and a superbowl in KC have to do with each other again?

Playing an overseas game is one of the requirements of a team that hosts a SB.

Easy 6 04-25-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11458886)
So are you gonna tell him orrrrrrrrr

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11458890)
I like the guy and I don't want to make him feel dumb. Maybe he just woke from a 20 year nap?

Ok spill it, what am I missing... does Charlotte no longer have their NBA team?

If so, I haven't watched an entire NBA game since Jordan left the Wizards, so I could easily be waaay behind the times... but the point was to think of a city big enough to support an NFL team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11458902)
Give a 3rd team to Texas. San Antonio could handle one.

This is what I was getting at, but I intentionally left SA out since Texas already has two teams.

Rams Fan 04-25-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11458921)
Ok spill it, what am I missing... does Charlotte no longer have their NBA team?

If so, I haven't watched an entire NBA game since Jordan left the Wizards, so I could easily be waaay behind the times... but the point was to think of a city big enough to support an NFL team.

This is what I was getting at, but I intentionally left SA out since Texas already has two teams.

The Carolina Panthers play their home games in Charlotte, NC.

Easy 6 04-25-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 11458923)
The Carolina Panthers play their home games in Charlotte, NC.

ROFL just goes to show how much attention I pay to the Panthers.

But yeah, I think everyone knows the point I was trying to make by now.

Chief Roundup 04-25-2015 12:43 PM

Hunt is merely checking off the boxes that he can in order to try and get a SB in KC. He is going to get it down to where the only thing left is the rolling roof. At that point he will get a guarantee within so many years to host a SB. He will use this to leverage the local government to get the rolling roof.

But according to Goodell KC doesn't have enough quality hotels either. Not sure how that would be handled.

underEJ 04-25-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11458673)
Did the Chiefs reduce the price of season tickets by one game?

Yes. They did.

Bowser 04-25-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 11458935)
Yes. They did.

Depending on where you sit? The people in the lower bowl are paying more this season, iirc.

GloucesterChief 04-25-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11458847)
I don't think football will ever be a juggernaut over there, but they can still make money. Same way hockey is huge in Canada, but they still have teams in Nashville, San Jose, etc. Even being the 4th or 5th popular sport in London would get them a lot of exposure.

It has worked and not worked. San Jose is a good market for the NHL because they are the only professional team in San Jose.

San Jose, Nashville, and Tampa Bay have worked. Phoenix, Carolina, and Miami haven't worked and those teams need to move probably.

Luckily there are plenty of places without an NBA team and/or would be hockey friendly like KC, Seattle, Quebec City and Milwaukee.

-King- 04-25-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11458716)
Hell in that Deadspin article it claims that this game is going to cost the Chiefs money. If playing games over there is a losing proposition now, how is actually having a team over there going to change that? I don't see the TV networks over there paying the kind of money that the American ones do. Where the hell is all this money they think they're going to make going to come from?

You're thinking short term. Getting a team in London and getting a good football base there is worth billions in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-25-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11459011)
You're thinking short term. Getting a team in London and getting a good football base there is worth billions in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NRTymVjdLNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RustShack 04-25-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 11458932)
Hunt is merely checking off the boxes that he can in order to try and get a SB in KC. He is going to get it down to where the only thing left is the rolling roof. At that point he will get a guarantee within so many years to host a SB. He will use this to leverage the local government to get the rolling roof.

But according to Goodell KC doesn't have enough quality hotels either. Not sure how that would be handled.

Weren't we promised like last years super bowl already? The only condition was we had to build the roof?