ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CBS sports round 2 mock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292253)

TribalElder 05-01-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 11471812)
maxx williams

Yes

Rausch 05-01-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11471935)
Smith attempts more deep passes than he gets credit for. He just isn't very accurate with it, and IMO, he overthrows it a lot.

You have to have a man open deep to throw it deep. We didn't have that a lot last year. On top of that you have to have the protection to wait for a guy to get open deep, which we also didn't have last year...

DJ's left nut 05-01-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11471990)
You have to have a man open deep to throw it deep. We didn't have that a lot last year. On top of that you have to have the protection to wait for a guy to get open deep, which we also didn't have last year...

Remember that time he waited for Wilson to get open, chucked it deep and then ruptured his spleen?

Yeah, deep balls weren't happening last season.

gonefishin53 05-01-2015 12:32 PM

Chris Conley fits the x WR in Reid's offense. No one will mistake him for a slot WR. Conley scores TDs; 20 TDs on 117 catches(1938 yds) in his career, 8 TDs on 36 catches (657 yds) as a senior. Big target with long arms (33 1/4") and large hands (9 7/8"). If he had played at a pass happy school like W. Virginia, he would have already been drafted. Maturity and character are as good as anyone in this draft. NFL.com comparison is Cody Latimer who went 2nd round pick 24 to Denver last year.

Sully 05-01-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 11472018)
Chris Conley fits the x WR in Reid's offense. No one will mistake him for a slot WR. Conley scores TDs; 20 TDs on 117 catches(1938 yds) in his career, 8 TDs on 36 catches (657 yds) as a senior. Big target with long arms (33 1/4") and large hands (9 7/8"). If he had played at a pass happy school like W. Virginia, he would have already been drafted. Maturity and character are as good as anyone in this draft. NFL.com comparison is Cody Latimer who went 2nd round pick 24 to Denver last year.

mmmmmhmmmmmm...

Make it hap'n, Cap'n.

saphojunkie 05-01-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11471879)
https://youtu.be/P4fbcN54bOQ

When I watch this video, here's what I'm seeing.

A guy with blazing speed, and great explosion.
A guy who uses his body well
- Look at how he walls off defenders on fades
- Look at how he rips past press cbs
A guy who (I know this sounds corny) friggin wants it. He doesn't go down easily, and I love that.

Thank you!! I've been trying to remember this guy. Fell in love with him watching the combine and couldn't remember who it was.

Love this WR and think he is a perfect compliment to our others.

ptlyon 05-01-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 11472022)
Thank you!! I've been trying to remember this guy. Fell in love with him watching the combine and couldn't remember who it was.

Love this WR and think he is a perfect compliment to our others.

You love long time...

The Franchise 05-01-2015 02:11 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My Second-Day Mock Draft projects the 2nd &amp; 3rd rounds of the NFL draft. Link here: <a href="http://t.co/kNN1wKXAzB">http://t.co/kNN1wKXAzB</a></p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/594231179018051585">May 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rotoworld's 2nd and 3rd round Mock Draft:

2nd - Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA
3rd - Tre McBride, WR, William and Mary
3rd - B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State

La'El Collins goes one pick after Finney to the Bengals. Give me Collins with our last 3rd round pick and Dorsey would get an A+ for the first two days of the draft.

KCrockaholic 05-01-2015 02:14 PM

Devin Smith, Sammie Coates, DGB, Jalen Strong. I want one. Big X is needed imo. I don't like a team with a bunch of guys all the same style, which is part of why I'm not entirely ok with taking Lockett in the 2nd. In the 3rd, sure.

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop (Post 11471786)
49. Kansas City Chiefs -- Donovan Smith, OL, Penn State: Whether it's at tackle or guard, Smith offers position versatility and a player with Pro Bowl talent if he's pushed and groomed.

LMAO

Which dumbass selected this guy for the Chiefs? Rob Rang? If so, he should be fired. He's a moron.

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11472245)
Devin Smith, Sammie Coates, DGB, Jalen Strong. I want one. Big X is needed imo. I don't like a team with a bunch of guys all the same style, which is part of why I'm not entirely ok with taking Lockett in the 2nd. In the 3rd, sure.

Coates is awful.

If Chiefs fans complained about Bowe, they'd hate Coates with a passion. Strong doesn't fit the offense, IMO.

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11472239)
Rotoworld's 2nd and 3rd round Mock Draft:

2nd - Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA
3rd - Tre McBride, WR, William and Mary
3rd - B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State

La'El Collins goes one pick after Finney to the Bengals. Give me Collins with our last 3rd round pick and Dorsey would get an A+ for the first two days of the draft.

I really like Kendricks and McBride but that's just too high for the Chiefs to draft a center this year when they could use that selection on more pressing needs.

I'm not sold on Collins but there will be someone available in that spot that will make an impact
<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

ToxSocks 05-01-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11472251)
Coates is awful.

If Chiefs fans complained about Bowe, they'd hate Coates with a passion. Strong doesn't fit the offense, IMO.

Not interested in Coates, not interested in Strong. Gimmie one of those other receivers though.

KCrockaholic 05-01-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11472251)
Coates is awful.

I'm not a Strong fan tbh...

But give Coates a chance. He's raw as can possibly be. But if he can learn the offense and learn how to run proper routes in this system he could be a stud. Physically, he's a beast.

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11472259)
I'm not a Strong fan tbh...

But give Coates a chance. He's raw as can possibly be. But if he can learn the offense and learn how to run proper routes in this system he could be a stud. Physically, he's a beast.

That's just too high for a development project that drops every other ball