ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So, got my car window busted out last night... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293210)

stumppy 07-02-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11577868)
But oddly enough there's no shortage of manpower when it comes to writing speeding tickets and other minor traffic violations.

I know. Thats what pisses me off the most. They've also got plenty of manpower to send a few officers out to arrest you on a bench warrant if you don't show up for court on any of those tickets.

Rain Man 07-02-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 11577557)
I hate thieving scum shitbags. Sorry that happened to you.

I was about to say the exact same thing. People like this deserve to die in a ditch. In the rain.

I heard or read somewhere that property crimes aren't really investigated at all any more. Dunno if that's true or not, but it's kind of scary if so. Society is basically relying on the good will of its citizens, and not all of those citizens are good people.

ThaVirus 07-02-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11577891)
Too busy being heroes and putting their lives on the line for the good of their communities

FYP

Discuss Thrower 07-02-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11577909)
I was about to say the exact same thing. People like this deserve to die in a ditch. In the rain.

I heard or read somewhere that property crimes aren't really investigated at all any more. Dunno if that's true or not, but it's kind of scary if so. Society is basically relying on the good will of its citizens, and not all of those citizens are good people.

Going after drug offenses = big Federal grant payday and possible windfalls for departments under civil asset forfeiture.

Going after drunk drivers = big Federal grant paydays and revenue from drunk driving tickets.

Going after violent criminals = proves that the police are protecting the community and gets certain officers a bit of the limelight.

There's no incentive in tracking down a petty thief because it won't net departments money and won't net them any sort of positive press.

Munson 07-02-2015 11:58 AM

Sorry to hear about this. I ****ing hate thieving scumbag pieces of shit.

KCrockaholic 07-02-2015 11:59 AM

Sorry to hear, Luv. It's impossible to trust anybody outside of your close circle/family.

I had my sub-woofers stolen out of the back of my Jeep a few years ago. They came with the vehicle when I bought it, so I didn't lose much on them, but they were very expensive. I lived near JCCC at the time, so I'm sure it was college aged kids being assholes.

Similar story to yours... My dad had his vehicle/window broken into at Garden of the Gods in Colorado as he was going for a morning run.

BullJunkandIron 07-02-2015 12:09 PM

I want to torture the thieves. I had my tools stolen out of a storage unit next to the Ozark County, MO Sheriffs Department. Ran a ad in the newspaper with reward more than they could get for the tools. Never heard a peep. Had a motorcycle stolen in Ava, MO. Got my home stereo stolen out of my garage in Pittsburg, KS.

beach tribe 07-02-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo Skin (Post 11577957)
I want to torture the thieves. I had my tools stolen out of a storage unit next to the Ozark County, MO Sheriffs Department. Ran a ad in the newspaper with reward more than they could get for the tools. Never heard a peep. Had a motorcycle stolen in Ava, MO. Got my home stereo stolen out of my garage in Pittsburg, KS.

Stealing a man's tools, especially if he earns his living with them, should be punishable by death.

beach tribe 07-02-2015 01:16 PM

I have no problem with stealing from huge corporations, though.
It think it's awesome..

MahiMike 07-02-2015 01:23 PM

I would have driven my car to another location, placed the purse in the trunk then went back to the park.

I remember having these conversations w/my daughter when she started driving. Never put anything (change) in sight for these idiots to break in.

If they don't see you put the stuff in the trunk, they'll be less curious.

But you know all this stuff now...)

Kman34 07-02-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11577909)

Unless you get caught in the act or on camera and can be Identified.. You can get away with larceny..

Eleazar 07-02-2015 01:26 PM

i suppose you are pretty lucky if you live in a place where you are just now learning in 2015 not to leave valuables sitting out in your car

rockymtnchief 07-02-2015 02:02 PM

On the same subject, I've lived in small towns the last 12 years. Rarely, do your things get stolen. If they do, everyone knows who did it and you beat their ass in the bar.

I haven't had to beat anyone, but did threaten a guy until he went and got my buddys compound bow that he stole out of the back of his truck. I threatened to go MoHillbilly on his ass next time he stole something. He left town about a month later. Apparently, half the town was after him.

luv 07-02-2015 02:05 PM

Waiting in line at the DMV, I got a call from a detective. They caught the wife. The husband is still at large. They thought they had my purse, but it wasn't mine. It did have my license and a few other things in it. So, I just have to replace my new glasses and order some new bc pills.

Hootie 07-02-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 11578159)
Waiting in line at the DMV, I got a call from a detective. They caught the wife. The husband is still at large. They thought they had my purse, but it wasn't mine. It did have my license and a few other things in it. So, I just have to replace my new glasses and order some new bc pills.

I'm glad to see those thugs got caught ... sucks that you won't see a dime from those low lives for the damage they caused, though. They'll never be able to pay it in a million years.