ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Official 2015 STL Cardinals Thread II*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293412)

ChiefsCountry 07-15-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11601127)
Was it just south of the stadium? I think I went there back in '09.

Yes it just south of the stadium. I texted my friend she said its called Paddy O's.

Fairplay 07-15-2015 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11601160)
Strengths to weaknesses (in order)

1) Starting pitching
2) Defense
3) Tail end of the bullpen
4) Hitting for average
5) Taking walks
6) Hitting for power
7) Middle and long relief
8) Baserunning

Greatest positional needs?

1) 1B
2) Middle relief *2
3) LH bench bat
4) Backup infielder (oh wait, he's in Purgatory)

Thanks Hamas

Pasta Little Brioni 07-15-2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 11601150)
Can someone tell me what is the best strengths of the Cards team?

And then what is the teams greatest weakness?

I don't know much about the team this year.

Weakness: Relying on Black Frenchy as a middle order guy

Miles 07-16-2015 01:03 AM

I haven't heard anything on whether there might be an innings limit on Wacha and/or Martinez since early season before Wainwright went down. Is this still expected?

Swanman 07-16-2015 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 11601711)
I haven't heard anything on whether there might be an innings limit on Wacha and/or Martinez since early season before Wainwright went down. Is this still expected?

It damn well better be but with Window Licking reerun in the dugout, anything is possible. I know this is an impossibility, but it would be real nice for Garcia to somehow be healthy for a good stretch of the second half to eat up starter innings. It would also be a luxury if Marco Gonzales is able to contribute in the second half. In a pinch, Villenueva could be a spot starter as well, but that's assuming Capt Concussion discovers any bit of creativity.

BigRedChief 07-17-2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 11601711)

Listened to a discussion this afternoon on STL radio about this. Goold from the STL newspaper was on.

He said that what he has heard was that the Cardinals do not have a hard and fast number of innings that they will limit the innings of Wacha and Martinez. They have a guideline to only allow a pitcher to raise their innings total 20% per year. But its not a rule.

He thinks the Cardinals back up plan is that they are either going to shave off innings in starts. Even though their pitch count is low and they are doing well, pull them in the 5th or 6th inning to save those for the post season.

He thinks they are going to a modifies 6 man rotation in the 2nd half or at least part of the half. But, they will never admit it. Get Cooney/Lyons/Gonzalez or a possible starter acquired in a trade to take starts for Wacha in the 5 man rotation. Next time through they take Martinez's spot. Next week Wacha's, Next week Martinez etc.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-17-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11604137)
Listened to a discussion this afternoon on STL radio about this. Goold from the STL newspaper was on.

He said that what he has heard was that the Cardinals do not have a hard and fast number of innings that they will limit the innings of Wacha and Martinez. They have a guideline to only allow a pitcher to raise their innings total 20% per year. But its not a rule.

He thinks the Cardinals back up plan is that they are either going to shave off innings in starts. Even though their pitch count is low and they are doing well, pull them in the 5th or 6th inning to save those for the post season.

He thinks they are going to a modifies 6 man rotation in the 2nd half or at least part of the half. But, they will never admit it. Get Cooney/Lyons/Gonzalez or a possible starter acquired in a trade to take starts for Wacha in the 5 man rotation. Next time through they take Martinez's spot. Next week Wacha's, Next week Martinez etc.

That's exactly what I wanted them to do this season. It's a very sensible plan and it's a great way to keep them fresh while also maintaining their sharpness.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-17-2015 07:56 PM

Peralta goes deep and then worthless can't muster an extra few inches to get one out

bdj23 07-17-2015 09:04 PM

Here we ****ing go.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-17-2015 09:15 PM

What a ****ing debacle.

bdj23 07-17-2015 09:46 PM

Hell yeah! 12-2 in games when I am in the stands!

Don't worry, I'll be here all weekend.

BigRedChief 07-17-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 11604483)
Hell yeah! 12-2 in games when I am in the stands!

Don't worry, I'll be here all weekend.

The Mets on the road. No Degrom or Harvey. We should sweep.

Then tonight's 9th inning came around and everything that was bad in the 1st half, happened again. Not the best start to the 2nd half despite the win.

bdj23 07-18-2015 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11604492)
The Mets on the road. No Degrom or Harvey. We should sweep.

Then tonight's 9th inning came around and everything that was bad in the 1st half, happened again. Not the best start to the 2nd half despite the win.

We get fat **** bartolo colon tomorrow.

I'm pretty wasted. 13-2 coming up.

Pittsburgh also lost to the hapless Brewers

bdj23 07-18-2015 05:41 PM

Hey guys. We're playing baseball here?

Anyone?

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-18-2015 05:48 PM

They better watch out or they might get arrested for impersonating a real offense.