ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Cash bar or foot the bill? Wedding poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293849)

O.city 08-10-2015 05:51 PM

I don't mind going cash bar if you're looking to save etc. But going black tie, 3 day event 5 course meal wedding then hitting a cash bar seems off

LoneWolf 08-10-2015 05:51 PM

At the very least, beer and wine should be free. If both sets of parents are Doctors, it's a strictly black tie affair, and you are making me pay for all of my drinks, why in the **** would I attend?

Let me guess, this is one of those dumb spoiled bitches who thinks her entire group of friends has to be in her wedding so she has like 8 bridesmaids. There will probably be a worthless chocolate fountain, extravagant center pieces on the tables, and a huge tiered wedding cake that cost a fortune. Let's keep Princess happy and **** over all of our friends to save a couple thousand dollars.

When my wife and I got married we had a huge wedding (over 700 people attended). We paid for all the drinks through the entire day, including the dance. If you invite people to share in your day, you don't make it a financial burden for them to attend.

Katipan 08-10-2015 05:54 PM

It's a burden on people to not drink alcohol for 4 hours?

The ****???

LoneWolf 08-10-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11651210)
So what does a couple do? Just make a mental note of couples or singles with children and just not invite them?

If you are OK with kids at the wedding, you address the invitation as Mr. and Mrs. So and So and Family. If you don't want children there, you address the invitation to Fred and Wilma.

Hootie 08-10-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11651247)

The ****???

No shit lmao

Discuss Thrower 08-10-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11651248)
If you don't want children there, you address the invitation to Fred and Wilma.

You really think Fred and Wilma aren't going to bring Pebbles anyway because:
a) they are idiots who can't take a hint or
b) believe the rules don't apply to them and their special princess?

LoneWolf 08-10-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11651247)

The ****???

Catholic weddings are rarely only four hours and he stated it was black tie. Most men don't own a tuxedo so they would have to rent one. And yes, weddings are on Saturday afternoons through the evening. Don't expect me to stand around for hours on my weekend talking you your dumbass family while drinking tea.

ChiefsCountry 08-10-2015 05:57 PM

Cash bar is a good way to have drinking at a reception if say if a family is religious and wouldn't pay for alcohol. The guests could still have it that way.

LoneWolf 08-10-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11651252)
You really think Fred and Wilma aren't going to bring Pebbles anyway because:
a) they are idiots who can't take a hint or
b) believe the rules don't apply to them and their special princess?

No, some people are just stupid and think they need to bring their kids everywhere, but you will eliminate quite a few by addressing the invitation appropriately.

Katipan 08-10-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11651254)
Catholic weddings are rarely only four hours and he stated it was black tie. Most men don't own a tuxedo so they would have to rent one. And yes, weddings are on Saturday afternoons through the evening. Don't expect me to stand around for hours on my weekend talking you your dumbass family while drinking tea.

Um I guess if you're the type that needs to drink during the ceremony, I'd probably lose your invitation anyways.

Hootie 08-10-2015 05:59 PM

Lonewolf talks about how successful he is but God forbid he has to pay for some drinks at a wedding! Oh no!

Katipan 08-10-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 11651258)
Cash bar is a good way to have drinking at a reception if say if a family is religious and wouldn't pay for alcohol. The guests could still have it that way.

No way, **** those married couples. They owe me for my time.

Discuss Thrower 08-10-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11651261)
but you will eliminate quite a few by addressing the invitation appropriately.

And here's the rub: you alienate the guests that abide by the rule unless you alienate the ones that didn't by having ushers or the hired staff at the ceremony venue turning away couples that brought their kids anyway.

Sorce 08-10-2015 06:01 PM

Last wedding I went to that had a cash bar I just took one of the many flasks I've gotten for being a groomsman.
ps don't buy your groomsmen flasks, everyone does that.

cosmo20002 08-10-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11651203)
Wedding etiquette dictates that your gift equals the cost of your overall presence.

That's ****ing stupid too.

What is wrong with all you entitled drunks?

Not sure where you're getting that, especially since a guest wouldn't know the cost of their presence.

If you're out of college, you don't host a party then expect people you invited to pay for refreshments.