ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Keto recipe depository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293918)

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-27-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12152102)
Farmer if you get through the first week to two weeks the spooky side effects go away. Don't fret too much if you plateau a bit from time to time with regards to weight loss. I was pleased with the amount of weight loss in a relatively short amount of time and the renewed energy I felt.

Will probably start another round of the diet after being off for about 6 months....

Yeah, well, is your toenails turning yellow and cracking normal side affects ?

shitgoose 03-27-2016 03:18 PM

Been doing Keto for about 2 1/2 years now. Went from 230-160 and mostly just do "lazy" keto now where I don't track anything or fret over the caloric deficits. I have about 10-12 go to keto friendly meals that I eat regularly. No beer, no pop, no artificial sweetners. Meat, green veggies, and dairy. Keep almonds and pork rinds at work for snacks. Oh and bourbon.

My advice for those interested would be this...don't make a goal to lose XX pounds in a certain period of time. Research and understand the diet and how it works. Rid your house of carbs and junk food. Shop the perimeter of your grocery store. Plan meals in advance and make time to cook. Live your life and let the scale catch up.

And most importantly drink water and stay hydrated. I cannot stress this enough.

It's my lifestyle now. I'm at my best while in ketosis. Have converted many family members, friends, and coworkers. They've all had lots of concerns up front and once they tried it they were hooked. It works if you're committed.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-27-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 12152177)
Been doing Keto for about 2 1/2 years now. Went from 230-160 and mostly just do "lazy" keto now where I don't track anything or fret over the caloric deficits. I have about 10-12 go to keto friendly meals that I eat regularly. No beer, no pop, no artificial sweetners. Meat, green veggies, and dairy. Keep almonds and pork rinds at work for snacks. Oh and bourbon.

My advice for those interested would be this...don't make a goal to lose XX pounds in a certain period of time. Research and understand the diet and how it works. Rid your house of carbs and junk food. Shop the perimeter of your grocery store. Plan meals in advance and make time to cook. Live your life and let the scale catch up.

And most importantly drink water and stay hydrated. I cannot stress this enough.

It's my lifestyle now. I'm at my best while in ketosis. Have converted many family members, friends, and coworkers. They've all had lots of concerns up front and once they tried it they were hooked. It works if you're committed.

Have you had any labs done ? If so, what did it do to your cholesterol. My cholesterol has ALWAYS run 280 but my good cholesterol has always been high too so I haven't worried.

eDave 03-27-2016 03:30 PM

I eat less. In fact, I eat one meal a day.

MTG#10 03-27-2016 03:31 PM

I feel sorry for your heart. Your blood is probably the consistency of gravy.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-27-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12152190)

I'm taking an 81 mg Bayer in the morning and again before bed so :harumph:

eDave 03-27-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12152197)
I'm taking an 81 mg Bayer in the morning and again before bed so :harumph:

And a glass of red wine I hope.

58-4ever 03-27-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12152187)
I eat less. In fact, I eat one meal a day.

What time? What do you usually have?

Fat Elvis 03-27-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12152152)
One thing I've noticed since cutting out carbs is the hunger cravings have gone away almost completely. Plus no beer which, I've been a heavy beer consumer for 20+ years.

For breakfast I;ve been filling a skillet up with raw spinach and it cooks down to about 1/2 cup then tossing in 3 eggs and topping with a little mozzarella cheese and 5 cherry tomatoes diced. Cherry tomatoes are 1 carb each. I about a 1/2 inch slice of REAL butter in the pan before hand.

I can't stress this enough.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-27-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12152200)
And a glass of red wine I hope.

Trying to take an alcohol break. I think wine has carbs anyway and 20 carbs is the limit. I'd rather get that from food.

shitgoose 03-27-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12152185)
Have you had any labs done ? If so, what did it do to your cholesterol. My cholesterol has ALWAYS run 280 but my good cholesterol has always been high too so I haven't worried.

Several times. When I first started my total was in the 220's. I'm under 200 now. My doctor is fully on board with the ketogenic diet. He didn't know much about it other than its use to treat epilepsy but he definitely knows more now and is encouraged by my results.

shitgoose 03-27-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12152190)

Statements like this are complete bullshit. Eating high fat low carb isn't bad for your heart.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-27-2016 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 12152303)
Several times. When I first started my total was in the 220's. I'm under 200 now. My doctor is fully on board with the ketogenic diet. He didn't know much about it other than its use to treat epilepsy but he definitely knows more now and is encouraged by my results.

Excellent ! That makes me feel better.

MTG#10 03-27-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 12152305)
Statements like this are complete bullshit. Eating high fat low carb isn't bad for your heart.

Keto diet is very high in cholesterol

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-27-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12152346)
Keto diet is very high in cholesterol

Then explain why peoples cholesterol levels actually decrease on the diet. I've read this on many sites.