ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is there really a top 10 QB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295626)

Otter 10-25-2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11836641)
Wasn't our last 1st round QB drafted out of Penn St?

:D

It will finally come full circle and break the curse!!! Be prepared to sacrifice a chicken draft day.

jkw87 10-25-2015 09:15 PM

We have to take a quarterback eventually, though. This game we've played for almost thirty years isn't working. when we continue to draft quarterbacks that fall to the bottom of the draft or trade for some other teams trash and never see results well just see the same results we have. This shit isn't working and never will

jonzie04 10-25-2015 09:21 PM

This QB class stacks up pretty well with the 2014 class that now has 3 guys who look like future franchise QBs.

Goff, Lynch, Cook, Wentz, Hogan, and Boykin all stack up pretty well with Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr, Garrapolo, and Manziel.

oaklandhater 10-25-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11836665)
This QB class stacks up pretty well with the 2014 class that now has 3 guys who look like future franchise QBs.

Goff, Lynch, Cook, Wentz, Hogan, and Boykin all stack up pretty well with Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr, Garrapolo, and Manziel.

When its all said and done 2014 wont look that much worst then 2012

Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin III
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Brock Osweiler
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Lindley
B.J. Coleman
Chandler Harnish

that was suppose to be the next Great QB class so many bust on that list.

Chiefs4TheWin 10-25-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 11836636)
I'm all Christian Hackenberg if he's available. The kid is going to need at least a year on the bench to learn the system and adjust to the pros but he has every intangible you could imagine; height, muscle, rocket arm, poise. It doesn't hurt that I'm also a huge Penn State fan so I might be biased but I'm going to have a 2nd favorite team right away if the Chiefs don't draft him.

We aren't watching the same games :).

RealSNR 10-25-2015 09:44 PM

You're just not going to find a great QB handed to you on a silver platter ever. Unless you're the mother****ing Colts, that is.

Since we're not, we're going to have to take chances on Roethlisbergers, Flaccos, Tannehills, and everything in between.

People are scared of that because what if bust. **** them.

It's that simple.

oaklandhater 10-25-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11836719)
You're just not going to find a great QB handed to you on a silver platter ever. Unless you're the mother****ing Colts, that is.

Since we're not, we're going to have to take chances on Roethlisbergers, Flaccos, Tannehills, and everything in between.

People are scared of that because what if bust. **** them.

It's that simple.

The colts might have ruined Luck he has not been the same this year

Eleazar 10-25-2015 09:47 PM

The thread title says "Top 10", and the poll says "Low first".

Fail

Otter 10-25-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin (Post 11836678)
We aren't watching the same games :).

Yeah, he hasn't been that great since losing Bill O'Brien and he's a pro style QB that had to convert to a spread with bad OL and WR support. Totally admit I'm a homer and it would just be really cool to have a QB from from favorite college team drafted by favorite NFL team but I also think he has all the tools both mentally and physically and given time will be a Big Ben type QB.</br></br>But again, homer and all. I can dream! :D

Chiefs4TheWin 10-25-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11836726)
The thread title says "Top 10", and the poll says "Low first".

Fail

So the top 1/3 of the draft class is not a low first?

Chiefs4TheWin 10-25-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 11836723)
The colts might have ruined Luck he has not been the same this year

I think it's more along the lines that everyone has a gimmick these days. Then they get figured out. Not sure there are pure passers anymore.

Only "gimmick" that is really successful is Roethlisberger. "defeating sacks" is an excellent gimmick.

Baby Lee 10-25-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin (Post 11836791)
I think it's more along the lines that everyone has a gimmick these days. Then they get figured out. Not sure there are pure passers anymore.

Only "gimmick" that is really successful is Roethlisberger. "defeating sacks" is an excellent gimmick.

Cam has a pretty good gig. He's what I envision with[ed] a non-broken [can he ever be fixed] Alex and a competent team around him.

ClevelandBronco 10-25-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11836536)
There's never a QB out there good enough for this ****ing fan base.

This class could be nothing but Andrew Lucks and half the fans would snub their noses up at the whole thing.

At this point, I'm not even sure that Andrew Luck is an Andrew Luck.

Saccopoo 10-25-2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 11836728)
Yeah, he hasn't been that great since losing Bill O'Brien and he's a pro style QB that had to convert to a spread with bad OL and WR support. Totally admit I'm a homer and it would just be really cool to have a QB from from favorite college team drafted by favorite NFL team but I also think he has all the tools both mentally and physically and given time will be a Big Ben type QB.</br></br>But again, homer and all. I can dream! :D

Hackenberg has a lot of tools.

When I've seen him on the field, he has shown a lot of poise and he really stood in against a hard Buckeye defense that absolutely pounded him.

He's been in the wrong system and getting the shit kicked out of him, but he's still gaming.

If you can get that freshman guy back, which is a possibility if he comes out this year, and let him sit and learn the position again you might really have something with him.

He doesn't strike me as a flake or a flash in the pan (which his freshman year might suggest). Just a dude in a really bad situation that's trying to tough it out the best he can.

Baby Lee 10-25-2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 11836800)
At this point, I'm not even sure that Andrew Luck is an Andrew Luck.

Irsay is already chewing out his GM.

Perhaps we'll soon see which approach is better.