ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Check your Ticketmaster Account (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300449)

eDave 06-21-2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 12284290)
So are none of the eligible events in KC?

There are pages and pages of shows that don't appear to be in any order. Now mine says:

"At present we’re experiencing overwhelming load to our systems.

Please sign up to receive periodic notifications by email. Thanks for your patience, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible."

Strongside 06-21-2016 10:01 AM

I can't see anything under my account, and I've ordered tons of shit through TM in that time span.

???

DRU 06-21-2016 10:27 AM

The event list actually doesn't look bad, but there's a lot of interesting verbiage surrounding all of the terms.

I can't get to it now because the system is "overwhelmed" but when I was looking at my codes earlier there was a message about how they expect a large number of people to redeem these codes and there are only so many to give out so they will go fast.

Then, when you look at the FAQ about the terms for using these codes, this bullet point stands out:

- Tickets may be claimed on a first come, first served basis. Once the “free tickets” made available for a specific event have been claimed, you will not be able to use your Ticket Codes to acquire tickets for that event.

So it sounds like they really aren't giving any more away than they always do. For all events there is a said number of "free tickets" they give away to various companies, organizations, etc. It sounds like they're simply making those available to the people in this settlement via codes, but once they're gone, they're gone.

About 3 am I was able to browse the events and actually try to buy tickets and redeem codes. I tried about 5 of them and none of them worked.

Seems like they're handing out codes but aren't necessarily guaranteeing you'll ever be able to redeem it.

Also, it will be interesting to see if schools, grocery stores, non-profits, radio stations, etc. start to get screwed on tickets for a while because of this.

Mama Hip Rockets 06-21-2016 11:19 AM

Is this the entire list of eligible shows? They are just scattered throughout a few cities in America and it's just a handful of bands?

Red Beans 06-21-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 12284582)
Is this the entire list of eligible shows? They are just scattered throughout a few cities in America and it's just a handful of bands?

The vouchers don't expire until 2020, so my hope is we'll be seeing a lot more...

mikeyis4dcats. 06-21-2016 12:16 PM

ha, so the idea is to reduce redemption rates by making it hard to find something to attend.

OnTheWarpath15 06-21-2016 12:32 PM

13 free vouchers and 13 discount codes.

But when I go to use the voucher code, the "apply" button is dead and won't let me click it.

eDave 06-21-2016 12:48 PM

I think we are watching a botched roll out. Ideally the concerts should reference your account location and show those shows in your area.

Then a complete list by area code.

mikeyis4dcats. 06-21-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12284665)
I think we are watching a botched roll out. Ideally the concerts should reference your account location and show those shows in your area.

Then a complete list by area code.

i think it's intentional.

eDave 06-21-2016 01:30 PM

Show list is back up for me. Listed in order of gig date through September. Looks like I lost 3 vouchers from last time I was able to load it. My shows are:

- G-Eazy & Logic: The Endless Summer Tour
- Brantley Gilbert: Take It Outside Tour 2016
- Def Leppard
- Black Sabbath
- Darius Rucker
- Rascal Flats
- Rob Zombie and Korn
- Weezer and Panic At The Disco
- Slipnot
- MERRY JANE Presents Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa: The High Road Tour
- Heart with Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and Cheap Trick
- Prophets of Rage - Make America Rage Again Tour
- Counting Crows & Rob Thomas
- Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Blink 182
- Mumford & Sons

All at the same arena. I'll take advantage of some of them.

It looks like everyone is getting the same thing basically if that tour is coming through your city. Touring artists under contract with Live Nation and in Live Nation venues. In AZ, it is a large outdoor venue.

It's also worth noting up to two discount codes of $2.25 each, can be used per transaction.

KCUnited 06-21-2016 01:42 PM

Maybe Black Sabbath...maybe. Maybe Prophets of Rage for the lulz.

Lzen 06-21-2016 02:30 PM

No shows in KC area on the list. Hopefully, they're getting this figured out and we will see some in the next day or two.

BigRedChief 06-22-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 12284779)
No shows in KC area on the list. Hopefully, they're getting this figured out and we will see some in the next day or two.

Worthless vouchers. They don't work for any shows in my area. And every touring band stops in my area.

Lzen 06-23-2016 08:48 AM

Now they say the first round of available shows for vouchers is now closed. Look for more in the future. What a bunch of BS.

Dartgod 06-23-2016 08:55 AM

I'd rather they would have sent me a check for $20 and be done with it. That's the only way I would have realized any value from this.