ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Charles and Houston (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301466)

Chiefnj2 08-12-2016 02:40 PM

Houston's acl injury was different than that of Charles, etc. Houston didn't tear his ACL.

Mr. Laz 08-12-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12364844)
Eh, it may not be his strength, but he was with the Jets for the "muddle huddle" and all of the other Rex Ryan chicanery... he has contingency plans in his playbook I'm sure

And he is going to have to bust them out, I fear

The problem is that i'm still not sure that Sutton isn't just 'copying' what Ryan did without really understanding it. Might be why he is so slow on adjustments etc, he has to research what Ryan did etc because he doesn't really "know" it.

All i know is that when something goes wrong Sutton doesn't really seem to know what to do. He has one game plan and that's it.

You ever see the movie The Waterboy?

A coach steals a playbook and suddenly starts winning. But then when Henry Winkler(plays coach) breaks out brand new plays the guy just doesn't know what to do because he is just follow a script created by another coach.

feels eerily like sutton ... hope i'm wrong

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2...ality=90&h=427

Red Dawg 08-12-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12364826)
Oh boy, Sutton will just as likely rush 4, drop everyone else into coverage and just cross his fingers.

This will probably be the plan.

DJ's left nut 08-12-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12364856)
Houston's acl injury was different than that of Charles, etc. Houston didn't tear his ACL.

No, but the essentially tore it when they replaced it.

The injury may have been different but the treatment was largely similar; they both had their knees reconstructed and at that point it's simply up to the vagaries of the human body.

There's no telling how Houston's knee will handle the ACL replacement vs. anyone else's.

Easy 6 08-12-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12364872)
The problem is that i'm still not sure that Sutton isn't just 'copying' what Ryan did without really understanding it. Might be why he is so slow on adjustments etc, he has to research what Ryan did etc because he doesn't really "know" it.

All i know is that when something goes wrong Sutton doesn't really seem to know what to do. He has one game plan and that's it.

You ever see the movie The Waterboy?

A coach steals a playbook and suddenly starts winning. But then when Henry Winkler(plays coach) breaks out brand new plays the guy just doesn't know what to do because he is just follow a script created by another coach.

feels eerily like sutton ... hope i'm wrong

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2...ality=90&h=427

LOL wasnt expecting a Waterboy reference, but I think you're onto something

I agree 100% that Sutton isnt nearly as creative as his mentor, he doesnt do halftime adjustments well at all, among other problems... but we should also remember that we won 6 straight without Houston

King_Chief_Fan 08-12-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 12364842)
guess i'm not seeing the huge drama here

they were extremely optimistic at first, and now that reality sets in that he's not super human 6 month recovery from ACL surgery, a typical 9 month time frame puts him around early november, or say 8-10 weeks missed into the season.

put him on PUP, get him healthy, lets go with the guys who won 11 straight w/out him and be ready for playoff push in December.

:clap: end of thread

BossChief 08-12-2016 03:19 PM

I still wonder if it's a nerve issue. When they say the ligament was unresponsive, that's what I thought from the beginning.

ToxSocks 08-12-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12364872)

Nah, i don't think so. I know what you mean though. But whenever this comes up i am reminded of a quote Sutton made his first year here. I don't remember it verbatim, but it was something to the tune of "rex taught me not to let the offense dictate what i do on defense". Nowhere close to word for word, but the meaning was basically the same.

I don't think he doesn't know what to do. I think is style his to force his gameplan to work.

TEX 08-12-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12364558)
Falls right in line with the tone of Dorseys comments on Houston

Yep. Best to move on now and plan on him not being here this season. If he does happen to make it back, then great. Its Dee Ford time now.

TEX 08-12-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 12364842)
guess i'm not seeing the huge drama here

they were extremely optimistic at first, and now that reality sets in that he's not super human 6 month recovery from ACL surgery, a typical 9 month time frame puts him around early november, or say 8-10 weeks missed into the season.

put him on PUP, get him healthy, lets go with the guys who won 11 straight w/out him and be ready for playoff push in December.

Exactly the case.

Mr. Laz 08-12-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12364935)
Nah, i don't think so. I know what you mean though. But whenever this comes up i am reminded of a quote Sutton made his first year here. I don't remember it verbatim, but it was something to the tune of "rex taught me not to let the offense dictate what i do on defense". Nowhere close to word for word, but the meaning was basically the same.

I don't think he doesn't know what to do. I think is style his to force his gameplan to work.

:hmmm:

Isn't the result the same?

huskerdooz 08-12-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12364856)

This ... if I recall they said his ACL was not functioning properly. I can't remember if they clarified what "not functioning properly" meant. i assume it could mean a number of things ... too loose, too tight, or even worse necrotic which would require a full replacement.

bricks 08-12-2016 04:05 PM

I'm hoping he is back by mid-season. That way he has enough playing time under his belt and will be in good rhythm and form come playoff time.

If that happens, it's a wet dream especially knowing that he will be less tired from not having to go through the wear and tear of a 16 game schedule.

What can I say bros?

Go Chiefs and Go Jays!!!

OctoberFart 08-12-2016 04:27 PM

Houston's knee sound like a good hamburger from the way your coach talks about him.

TEX 08-12-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OctoberFart (Post 12365011)
Houston's knee sound like a good hamburger from the way your coach talks about him.

Were u always a reerun or did that happen when you became a Raiders fan? :shrug: