ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Justin Houston (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309907)

Rausch 09-08-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13068151)
Sutton had a serious problem with his teams adjusting in the 2nd half his first couple of years.

Personnel upgrades, system familiarity, and Sutton just getting better at his job explains the D's improvement.

Oh, and Kendrick Lewis being cut helped immediately.

Also being smart enough to move Parker to S instead of CB was perfect. His full potential came out at S...

Halfcan 09-08-2017 09:27 AM

Houston was amazing in run coverage- every time they ran to his side it was a loss. The guy is Back!!

fan4ever 09-08-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13067612)
IDK Berry was shutting out Gronk all game that's a big order.

He was also the one who stuffed that 4th and 1 the first time.

notorious 09-08-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13068154)
Also being smart enough to move Parker to S instead of CB was perfect. His full potential came out at S...

Yessir.

Rausch 09-08-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13068156)
Houston was amazing in run coverage- every time they ran to his side it was a loss. The guy is Back!!

Houston might be the BEST LB in the NFL.

He can cover, he can stuff the run, and he's a top 10 pass rusher.

He is the complete package...

pugsnotdrugs19 09-09-2017 12:02 AM

Underrated part of Houston's 4th down stop toward the end--Ramik Wilson blew up their fullback (Develin) to free others up. He was aggressive and took him out of the play, giving Gillislee no one to run behind.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-09-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13068200)

I've said for 3 years now that I would take him over Miller when both are healthy. I still feel that way.

He can do the same things that Miller did in the playoffs two years ago if he can just get there at 100%.

-King- 09-09-2017 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13070017)
Underrated part of Houston's 4th down stop toward the end--Ramik Wilson blew up their fullback (Develin) to free others up. He was aggressive and took him out of the play, giving Gillislee no one to run behind.

I saw that. Just shot the gap DJ style and ****ed up the whole play by taking out the FB. Great play..
Posted via Mobile Device

PAChiefsGuy 09-09-2017 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13068200)

I'll take Von Miller over him but other than Miller yeah J Houston no question. Dude is so strong it's unbelievable. You saw it on a couple plays last night.

He's special. Just hope he can stay healthy this year.

chiefzilla1501 09-09-2017 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13068151)
Sutton had a serious problem with his teams adjusting in the 2nd half his first couple of years.

Personnel upgrades, system familiarity, and Sutton just getting better at his job explains the D's improvement.

Oh, and Kendrick Lewis being cut helped immediately.

I disagree. Suttons second half defense has been mostly terrific. Yeah, he can't adjust when the personnel is just terrible. Like last year when we were on our third string
at lb and dL. But for several years running we've had a terrific second half defense. I think he struggles to hide downright terrible players like Dunta Robinson or Terrance Smith or Jamel Fleming. But if the roster is so bad that these guys get into the game, then that's not entirely his fault.

notorious 09-09-2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13070086)
I disagree. Suttons second half defense has been mostly terrific. Yeah, he can't adjust when the personnel is just terrible. Like last year when we were on our third string
at lb and dL. But for several years running we've had a terrific second half defense. I think he struggles to hide downright terrible players like Dunta Robinson or Terrance Smith or Jamel Fleming. But if the roster is so bad that these guys get into the game, then that's not entirely his fault.

You disagree but agree?

You basically repeated exactly what I said. :)

Buehler445 09-09-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13067474)
He started out slow, but made some HUGE plays down the stretch.

Give Sutton credit, whatever he was doing didn't work the 1st half, but he made an adjustment and the flood gates opened.

Honestly, I think when they made the switch it is because Smith got the lead.

Then they were comfortable taking chances in coverage. Smith won this game.

Rausch 09-09-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13070081)
I'll take Von Miller over him but other than Miller yeah J Houston no question. Dude is so strong it's unbelievable. You saw it on a couple plays last night.

He's special. Just hope he can stay healthy this year.

Miller is the best pass rusher in the game. He's solid vs. the run and has the speed to cover.

He's not solid at all 3. He can do them all. He's got freak ability - but he still hasn't reached his full potential yet.

That said, they are different players. Houston (when healthy) has the freak strength to maul Tackles. Tackles.

And he has the brains to lock on and push back to the QB until the perfect time to come off the block and make the sack. It's just instinct.

Miller, by far, has the best first two steps in the NFL. He's very much like DT off the snap. Again, I'd argue the no 1 pass rusher in the league.

Miller gets in your head because he can beat you whenever he wants.

Houston gets in your head because he can embarrass you in all ways at any time. You can get pushed on your ass or he can speed rush you. He can hold a block and lay up waiting to make the tackle. He sets T's up for failure.

Comparisons to historic players?

I'd say Miller reminds me of DT.

I'd say Houston reminds me of a faster Kevin Greene...

Buckweath 09-09-2017 09:29 AM

I really like Houston but I have always rated Miller more than Houston.

Shaid 09-09-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13070336)
Miller is the best pass rusher in the game. He's solid vs. the run and has the speed to cover.

He's not solid at all 3. He can do them all. He's got freak ability - but he still hasn't reached his full potential yet.

That said, they are different players. Houston (when healthy) has the freak strength to maul Tackles. Tackles.

And he has the brains to lock on and push back to the QB until the perfect time to come off the block and make the sack. It's just instinct.

Miller, by far, has the best first two steps in the NFL. He's very much like DT off the snap. Again, I'd argue the no 1 pass rusher in the league.

Miller gets in your head because he can beat you whenever he wants.

Houston gets in your head because he can embarrass you in all ways at any time. You can get pushed on your ass or he can speed rush you. He can hold a block and lay up waiting to make the tackle. He sets T's up for failure.

Comparisons to historic players?

I'd say Miller reminds me of DT.

I'd say Houston reminds me of a faster Kevin Greene...

Pretty accurate assessment.