ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Contenders or pretenders? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310834)

Ming the Merciless 10-15-2017 05:46 PM

contenders to a degree but flawed, obviously

NJChiefsFan 10-15-2017 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13153664)
Apparently Comnely and Wilson are really important. We teally sucked wotthout them.

Robinson got open like four times. He can't throw it to himself. If you are coming away from this game down on Robinson you aren't watching. Needs to be better at run blocking.

George Liquor 10-15-2017 05:47 PM

Pretenders

oaklandhater 10-15-2017 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 13153553)
Lose 1 game, think that means your team is bad.

lol

it's how we lost the game even the announcers said it was exactly like our playoff lost last year.

Makes you worried there was no real growth with Smith from last year.

-King- 10-15-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13153432)
Soul of a semi-finalist.

Losing is in this franchise's DNA. I'll continue to root for them but the bottom line is that this team will never win a ****ing thing.

Pretenders is giving them too much credit. They're the bit players in someone else's story.

So what does that make the Steelers? Or the Patriots? Or the Texans? Are they pretenders also? They've lost more times than us and have embarrassing losses too, so then what?
Posted via Mobile Device

CupidStunt 10-15-2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

lol

There's a handful of us who would've/already have posted the same concerns before this game and result. I still think the Chiefs could beat just about any team in the NFL on a neutral field, but that's only because every team has fatal flaws this year.

Also, sometimes it's the way you lose. This game was really a disgusting beat-down that KC somehow, miraculously - just like the playoff game - had a chance to win. I wouldn't feel that bad at all if we lost 31-28, having Smiff march us up and down the field, giving us the confidence that he can move the ball as and when needed -- that means you're never out of the game. Instead we were just praying for mistakes, a big special teams play, maybe a Big Ben pick-6, some kind of miracle. That's the ugly formula KC has won with in the past. It's ****ing ugly and completely unsustainable.

It's funny because that game did nothing to change my mind that KC will go into Oakland and stop a mudhole in their ass. Because they're a fraud of a team. But what it did do is make me really question whether we'll even be able to muster 10 points against the Broncos the week after, because that defense is legit and our offense doesn't inspire confidence against a tough, PHYSICAL team. And being at home isn't even a ****ing good thing these days, I swear.

petegz28 10-15-2017 05:51 PM

so we aren't going 16-0? We played our shittiest game of the season and still had a chance at the end to win it with our #1, #2, and #3 WR's out for the last drive? Our best pass blocking RB was out for the last drive as well. This was truly a game of beating ourselves. Which is good because it's fixable.

Smith has been all ****ing world this season and had an off game. That happens to every QB, even the the "elite" QB's. No starting C, RG or LG. Our #2 and #3 WR's out for the game. No Berry. And it still took us shitting ourselves to lose.

Yeah, this ain't last year's team. Except for Sutton who continues to drop Houston into coverage well downfield when he should be rushing the passer.

petegz28 10-15-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13153687)
it's how we lost the game even the announcers said it was exactly like our playoff lost last year.

Makes you worried there was no real growth with Smith from last year.

As usual, you have one of the most idiotic posts of the day.

FlaChief58 10-15-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

lol

It's not the losing one game part as much as the consistently losing to a team that you'll likely see again in the playoffs

scho63 10-15-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13153432)
Soul of a semi-finalist.

Losing is in this franchise's DNA. I'll continue to root for them but the bottom line is that this team will never win a ****ing thing.

Pretenders is giving them too much credit. They're the bit players in someone else's story.

:(

Boy that sums up my feelings exactly after being a fan for going on 48 years. There is always that moment where it looks like we are going to get over the hump and then it disappears.

The play with Gaines and Sorenson blowing an INT to allow Brown to score the TD just is part of the tapestry of Chiefs near misses.

Hammock Parties 10-15-2017 05:54 PM

Defense isn't good enough.

Smith isn't good enough.

We'll fool the homers for a few more regular season wins and then get our comeuppance in the postseason like usual.

Tigers. Don't. Change. Their. Stripes.

petegz28 10-15-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 13153720)
It's not the losing one game part as much as the consistently losing to a team that you'll likely see again in the playoffs

Thanks for reminding me, a self-inflicted safety and a lucky ass catch for a TD to boot. Yeah, we suck.

petegz28 10-15-2017 05:57 PM

Took 6 games before Clay could gloat. Meanwhile Smith is still one of the best QB's in the league right now, has the best record and most likely has done it against the hardest SoS as well.

PunkinDrublic 10-15-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 13153705)
There's a handful of us who would've/already have posted the same concerns before this game and result. I still think the Chiefs could beat just about any team in the NFL on a neutral field, but that's only because every team has fatal flaws this year.

Also, sometimes it's the way you lose. This game was really a disgusting beat-down that KC somehow, miraculously - just like the playoff game - had a chance to win. I wouldn't feel that bad at all if we lost 31-28, having Smiff march us up and down the field, giving us the confidence that he can move the ball as and when needed -- that means you're never out of the game. Instead we were just praying for mistakes, a big special teams play, maybe a Big Ben pick-6, some kind of miracle. That's the ugly formula KC has won with in the past. It's ****ing ugly and completely unsustainable.

It's funny because that game did nothing to change my mind that KC will go into Oakland and stop a mudhole in their ass. Because they're a fraud of a team. But what it did do is make me really question whether we'll even be able to muster 10 points against the Broncos the week after, because that defense is legit and our offense doesn't inspire confidence against a tough, PHYSICAL team. And being at home isn't even a ****ing good thing these days, I swear.

Come on dude. Last year when we got blown out at Pittsburgh, THAT was a beat down. This was still a close physical game that the ball didn't bounce our way. That last TD throw was a bad throw that should've been picked off.

MahiMike 10-15-2017 05:57 PM

The good news is we probably won't have to worry about what to do with Alex if he wins the SB.