ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Looking for homeschool info (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311472)

DaneMcCloud 11-12-2017 09:16 PM

Home schooling in 2017 is for weirdos

DaneMcCloud 11-12-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13212759)
It seems sad to think of all the interaction home schooled kids miss out on. I get that parents try to manufacture that interaction for their home schooled kids but it seems like it's not the same in the large majority of the cases.

This

Good grief, socializing is as important as the actual education

Chief Roundup 11-12-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13213730)
Home schooling in 2017 is for weirdos

I guess that is why it is growing faster than ever. It would have nothing to do with our failing education system.

DaneMcCloud 11-12-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13213739)
I guess that is why it is growing faster than ever. It would have nothing to do with our failing education system.

The education system isn’t failing. That’s ****ing bullshit.

If you have time to home school, good for you.

The rest of us are making money.

This isn’t the 1800’s

EWOK 11-12-2017 09:37 PM

While there is always exceptions to the rule but studies have shown most home schooled students are at least 2 grade levels ahead of their public schooled peers. Many home school children have more of a social life then public school students because their school day is shorter.
Living in Arizona our public schools rank at the bottom so anybody with a heartbeat can do a better job of teaching and with parents that are investing into their children who better to educate them.

Chief Roundup 11-12-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13213756)
The education system isn’t failing. That’s ****ing bullshit.

If you have time to home school, good for you.

The rest of us are making money.

This isn’t the 1800’s

How many kids do you have in public schools?
Have you even looked at any of the reasons that there is between 2.1 million to 4 million, depending on which site numbers you believe, home school students in the US?
Did you know that since 2002 the numbers of home schooled students have increased between 7 to 15% each year? But yeah the system isn't failing, people are just doing this for some stupid uneducated reason.

You go ahead and make money more important then the education of children if that is what makes you feel good. For most people money is very tertiary in the realm of importance.
I am fortunate enough to have the ability to provide a better education for my child than what most public schools can, along with removing a lot of the negativity that comes with those settings.
It would be nice if going to school was only about educating students and preparing them for the rest of their lives like it should be about.

DaneMcCloud 11-12-2017 09:55 PM

My kids are in charter schools and will be in magnet or private schools in middle and high.

My oldest tested off the charts her first year.

If you don’t trust you private schools, move or go private.

KCUnited 11-13-2017 06:25 AM

We just have our little ones listen to Joe Rogan's podcast and call it a day.