ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fugg off Kris Wilson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88697)

yoswif 04-30-2004 06:20 AM

Last night, the NFL channel was showing a Larry Fitzgerald highlight. On the play, Wilson lined up at tight end on the same side. Wilson got off the line so quick and blew past the linebackers so fast, he drew triple coverage and Fitzgerald beat single coverage for a nice 20 yard gain.

If Wilson was 30 lbs lighter, he would have been considered just as good a receiving prospect as Clayton or Woods, imo.

htismaqe 04-30-2004 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
Wilson is a pick that has alot of value for a very small % of the league's teams. For this reason alone, he could not be valued as high as Gosselin lists him at. Almost noone is able to input an Hback into their scheme. Because we have Tony Gonzales, the threat is there in the two tight end set for a run or pass because of Gonzales ability to block for the run. Other teams who have a top receiving TE do not have the blocking ability to bluff the run play. They cannot input a FB into the passing game except as a screen pass because they would be too dependent upon them for protection. Name a half a dozen teams that could input Wilson into their system. Only by that mark could he be considered that high a pick. He would fail as the prototypical TE in the other systems because of his size and lack of blocking ability. He is only a high pick to the Chiefs, and the Chiefs upped the ante against themselves.

Lack of blocking ability? Walt Harris talks about the kid like he's the 2nd-coming.

Many, many teams use H-backs. The Minnesota Vikings had Wilson rated as a possible 2nd-rounder on their board according to Paul Allen (their Bob Gretz).

Pitt Gorilla 08-13-2004 10:08 PM

Bump.

Sure-Oz 08-13-2004 10:14 PM

He had a good night tonight, except the 2 drops, just another solid weapon for this O.

KcMizzou 08-13-2004 10:15 PM

ROFLROFLROFL great bump.

teedubya 08-13-2004 11:50 PM

classic bump, I give thee rep. I was so very angry at that pick initially... Obviously I am excited to see him succeeding a bit. With Marty getting the Kicker we coveted, I was upset... heh. anyways...

Kylo Ren 11-02-2004 11:21 AM

Just thought I'd help out Ali Chi3fs.

Mr. Laz 11-02-2004 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
I like this, lets hate the player for the because of the FO screwing up.

exactly...

it's not Kris wilson OR Larry Johnson's fault that we have put them into a tough position.

i imagine they are both solid players

our FO just sucks... focus thy attention where it's deserved

htismaqe 11-02-2004 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus
exactly...

it's not Kris wilson OR Larry Johnson's fault that we have put them into a tough position.

i imagine they are both solid players

our FO just sucks... focus thy attention where it's deserved

:clap:

ROYC75 11-02-2004 12:45 PM

Yep, what a quick response on Wilson, he looked good in PS, sad he is injured.

But honestly, Green has a hard time spreading the rock around now, really how is it that Wilson will help this offense as a TE, slot or FB.

I love offense, but I'm a big defensive homer and believes we have enough tools on offense as it is.

teedubya 11-02-2004 01:20 PM

yeah, this thread was day off or day after draft... Id like to see what he can do now...although Id be happier with Nate Kaeding on our team... Tines blows thoroughly.

Bowser 11-02-2004 01:36 PM

ROFL @ Ali! So angry!!

Hopefully, we'll soon be able to see if this signing was good, or another Peterson turd. I thought I heard on the radio that Kris could be ready in three weeks.........

KC Jones 11-07-2006 09:48 PM

Welll... maybe the guy is turning into a decent addition after all.

:D

Ebolapox 11-07-2006 09:53 PM

good ole' hindsight

Stinger 11-07-2006 09:54 PM

Damnit Carl !!!!!! :cuss:

:D