ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Should I confront my fiance over text messages I found? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267988)

htismaqe 12-24-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9238723)
Depends on him. If his number one priority is his relationship to his spouse, the relationship to his family becomes subservient. That doesn't mean that relationship is devalued, it just means it is put into a new context. If his number one priority is still his birth family, that really isn't what marriage is supposed to be. A couple can work out differences of opinion on family in many cases.

For example, the husband would prefer to see his family at least once a month. The wife isn't wild about his family. Maybe they settle on six times a year. Maybe the husband occasionally visits his family without his wife. The time that the couple spends with her family would also factor into the compromise. Mature people that respect the desires, needs and boundaries of the other can work thinks out if their expectations aren't completely at odds (eg. he wants to spend every weekend with his family and she never wants to see them again).

Note the conditional I put in my statement - "if she dislikes his family THAT much".

You're talking about compromising to iron out MINOR differences. I'm not.

jspchief 12-24-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9238693)
I'll repeat my statement again....do you really think the sister will keep it to herself? All it will take is something small and it will come out....

Why? Have you never had a person in your life that you could tell something to in confidence?

I feel sorry for the people that live these lives. It must be sad having every relationship be a ticking timebomb.

Dallas Chief 12-24-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9238625)
Trust ... to a certain extent, it's gone.

He broke trust by reading the text message
She broke trust by talking shit about his family with someone beside him

Seems like a fine line to me, especially if she wasn't talking shit, but there was some truth to it. She was apparently talking to her family, not just some random friend which from my experience women tend to be close to their moms and sisters.

The bigger problem for me is him snooping and reading her messages without her knowing. I mean who is the bigger sneaky bitch here? No offense Jim Jones...

Mr. Plow 12-24-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9238557)
If my wife went though my text messages, she won't learn anything that I haven't already told her. She knows exactly how I feel about her family because I don't lie about it. The only time I tell her she can't go through my e-mails is when I've ordered a gift for her and want it to be a surprise. Marriage should be a partnership between two people who trust each other, not some endless sneaking cold war. My first marriage was like that. Not this one.

Bingo. I have nothing to hide and neither does my wife. If she wants to read my msgs, all she has to do is ask. The same goes for me. And she has. And she will again. And not a single **** will be given about me handing over my phone to her.

burt 12-24-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9238738)
Why? Have you never had a person in your life that you could tell something to in confidence?

I feel sorry for the people that live these lives. It must be sad having every relationship be a ticking timebomb.

Yeah....I had certain folks that I texted, venting about my wife, but....oh shit...nevermind, I am going through a divorce!

cdcox 12-24-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238734)
Note the conditional I put in my statement - "if she dislikes his family THAT much".

You're talking about compromising to iron out MINOR differences. I'm not.

Well, not liking the cooking and finding the conversation boring rank as minor differences in my book. She already seems to be aboard the compromise bus since she plans to go for his sake and is trying to be a good trooper about it (by not bitching about minor issues) so he can enjoy the time with his family.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9238746)
Well, not liking the cooking and finding the conversation boring rank as minor differences in my book. She already seems to be aboard the compromise bus since she plans to go for his sake and is trying to be a good trooper about it (by not bitching about minor issues) so he can enjoy the time with his family.

She said considerably more than just that but of course we are hearing all of this 2nd hand.

jd1020 12-24-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238753)
She said considerably more than just that but of course we are hearing all of this 2nd hand.

So you read the text messages?

Dallas Chief 12-24-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Yep. This. We are hearing the sneaky snoopy bitch version. I hope he knows that is how this is coming across.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238755)
So you read the text messages?

Yeah, that what I meant by "we are hearing all of this 2nd hand".

Are you 14?

jd1020 12-24-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238762)
Yeah, that what I meant by "we are hearing all of this 2nd hand".

Are you 14?

You seemed pretty confident when you said "She said considerably more than that" so I just figured you read them. My bad.

cdcox 12-24-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

2nd hand and one sided, so yeah we don't really know.

Probably they should both communicate more honestly, but then they wouldn't be having this problem.

Ceej 12-24-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9238744)
Bingo. I have nothing to hide and neither does my wife. If she wants to read my msgs, all she has to do is ask. The same goes for me. And she has. And she will again. And not a single **** will be given about me handing over my phone to her.

Who is that window licker in your avatar?

Rain Man 12-24-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9238557)
If my wife went though my text messages, she won't learn anything that I haven't already told her. She knows exactly how I feel about her family because I don't lie about it. The only time I tell her she can't go through my e-mails is when I've ordered a gift for her and want it to be a surprise. Marriage should be a partnership between two people who trust each other, not some endless sneaking cold war. My first marriage was like that. Not this one.

Yeah, this is a good answer.

In58men 12-24-2012 12:52 PM

My finance can go through my phone and emails it doesn't bother me at all. I can also do the same. Not a big deal really.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9238771)
2nd hand and one sided, so yeah we don't really know.

Probably they should both communicate more honestly, but then they wouldn't be having this problem.

Very true.

jd1020 12-24-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9238783)
My finance can go through my phone and emails it doesn't bother me at all. I can also do the same. Not a big deal really.

Big difference between what you just described and snooping.

Mr. Plow 12-24-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9238779)
Who is that window licker in your avatar?

Not sure. Just a google image result for Al Borland.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238767)
You seemed pretty confident when you said "She said considerably more than that" so I just figured you read them. My bad.

No problem.

It's the inherent issue with discussing these types of topics on a message board. We are getting ONE persons 2nd hand account of the actual story.

Calcountry 12-24-2012 12:57 PM

I didn't read the whole thread, but please, make sure you hit that shit one more time before you leave her for good.

Ceej 12-24-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9238790)
Not sure. Just a google image result for Al Borland.

Dude wears the shit out of some flannel.

What a stud.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9238738)

Yeah....that's my wife. That's why my marriage has lasted 28 years.

And you don't seriously think the sister will keep all of this quiet do you? Seriously?

jd1020 12-24-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238791)
No problem.

It's the inherent issue with discussing these types of topics on a message board. We are getting ONE persons 2nd hand account of the actual story.

Even this one sided story isn't that lopsided.

The quotes we have are a non-issue.

The whole snooping on your fiance, however...

OP clearly doesn't need to be in a relationship.

Sure-Oz 12-24-2012 12:58 PM

**** her then dump the bitch. fake whore..

jk that wasnt nice.

Confront her...thats pretty much BS what she is sayin

Mr. Plow 12-24-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9238794)
Dude wears the shit out of some flannel.

What a stud.

Meh. He really needs to mix in a flannel shirt.

jspchief 12-24-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9238796)
Yeah....that's my wife. That's why my marriage has lasted 28 years.

And you don't seriously think the sister will keep all of this quiet do you? Seriously?

I don't know the sister. You seem to be suggesting its a sure thing, so I assume you do know her.

Ceej 12-24-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9238802)
Meh. He really needs to mix in a flannel shirt.

Or some antlers.

Mr. Plow 12-24-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9238807)
Or some antlers.

Antlers would go well with that outfit.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238798)
Even this one sided story isn't that lopsided.

The quotes we have are a non-issue.

The whole snooping on your fiance, however...

OP clearly doesn't need to be in a relationship.

Yeah, they are an issue. Successful marriages have a few basic building blocks, some of which are missing in the OP.

Ceej 12-24-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9238808)
Antlers would go well with that outfit.

As long as he was bald.

And old.

I agree.

jd1020 12-24-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238809)
Yeah, they are an issue. Successful marriages have a few basic building blocks, some of which are missing in the OP.

I guess I just don't see how someone putting a front on to be polite to your family even though they aren't thrilled with being there is an issue.

Bowser 12-24-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9238058)
Huh? You don't make nice with people you don't like because it's easier or as a favour to someone else?

It all comes down to trust. If he swallows this, it's just going to grow like a cancer inside of him, until he just blows one day on her, and this and all the other things he's been holding in rushes out. Even in the OP, he claims the things she was saying were "vicious" from his point of view, so it's best to hash this out, imo, before it spirals out of control, provided he wants to really save this relationship.

After all that is said, he needs to understand why it was he felt it necessary to sneak a peak at her texts. Did he have a legit reason to wonder about what she was saying, or is he taking out his bad past relationships on her?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9238501)
So much bad advice in this thread...

By all means, offer up some "good" advice. I'm sure Jim Jones would appreciate all input right now.

Mr. Plow 12-24-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9238811)
As long as he was bald.

And old.

I agree.

Antlers are for the young crowd.

BigMeatballDave 12-24-2012 01:05 PM

I'd confront her, but after the holidays.

No reason to ruin xmas.

If she gets pissed because you 'invaded her privacy', then you should break it off.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9238806)
I don't know the sister. You seem to be suggesting its a sure thing, so I assume you do know her.

Don't need to know the people.....human nature is inherently the same. All it takes it one incident, one argument and the sister takes sides, spills the beans. If you don't think that would happen then you are sadly mistaken.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238814)
I guess I just don't see how someone putting a front on to be polite to your family even though they aren't thrilled with being there is an issue.

Because it is duplicity......she can be honest with him and polite with the parents. That solves the trust issue and also could resolve any concerns about whether she is the right person to marry.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238814)

Because she's being fake.

If she doesn't like his family, and he can't reconcile that, they're going to have a continuous stream of disagreements that stem from it.

Like someone else mentioned, it's one thing for her to "gut it up" for Christmas. What happens when Grandma wants to keep the kids?

Again, if the way she feels about his family is agreeable to him, even partially, then they don't really have a problem. They compromise and move on.

But if that we're the case, we wouldn't be here. She would have told HIM instead of her sister and her feelings wouldn't have come as a total shock.

mcaj22 12-24-2012 01:13 PM

what if your fiance starts snooping through your computer and finds this thread through the browsing history?

would she be okay with this thread? lol same concept really

jd1020 12-24-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9238826)
Because it is duplicity......she can be honest with him and polite with the parents. That solves the trust issue and also could resolve any concerns about whether she is the right person to marry.

Nothing is going to solve this trust issue...

The OP admits to being "paranoid from past relationships" and "never seeing this side of her."

So he's really had no reason to snoop through her text messages and the only reason he did was because of someone he used to date that has no connection to this new girl what so ever.

Ya'll want to turn this into an issue on the girl because she doesn't like his mothers cooking but is still going to play nice and have Christmas with them, yet we wouldn't even know she didn't like his mothers cooking unless dipshit didn't snoop through her phone.

And there seems to be a popular belief that if he didn't snoop through her phone and find out these "horrible" truths that when they eventually came out it's going to be a trailer park brawl.

Setsuna 12-24-2012 01:19 PM

If I gave any advice, would anyone heed it?

jspchief 12-24-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9238822)
Don't need to know the people.....human nature is inherently the same. All it takes it one incident, one argument and the sister takes sides, spills the beans. If you don't think that would happen then you are sadly mistaken.

This is ridiculous. How do you even know this sister will ever speak to his family? And just because you've been surrounded by people that don't have the decency to know when to keep their mouth shut, that doesn't mean the entire world works that way.

I can assure you I could tell my sister something, or my wife could tell her sisters something, and it would be in complete confidence. Because they are polite people, not bickering children.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238835)

The OP admits to being "paranoid from past relationships" and "never seeing this side of her."

So he's really had no reason to snoop through her text messages and the only reason he did was because of someone he used to date that has no connection to this new girl what so ever.

Ya'll want to turn this into an issue on the girl because she doesn't like his mothers cooking but is still going to play nice and have Christmas with them, yet we wouldn't even know she didn't like his mothers cooking unless dipshit didn't snoop through her phone.

And you want to act like there is no duplicity on her part.....

Trust is a big issue here I don't disagree. But so is lying and acting like it's ok just because he shouldn't have caught her because he was snooping. She is damaging the relationship on a level just as serious.

I'll ask the same question that has been asked before....if she is lying to him about how she feels about his family, what else could she be lying to him about.

Imon Yourside 12-24-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9238848)
This is ridiculous. How do you even know this sister will ever speak to his family? And just because you've been surrounded by people that don't have the decency to know when to keep their mouth shut, that doesn't mean the entire world works that way.

I can assure you I could tell my sister something, or my wife could tell her sisters something, and it would be in complete confidence. Because they are polite people, not bickering children.

Congrats you are the exception, not the rule. I don't know anyone, other than our family that doesn't squabble/hate the in laws. It's totally classless and sophomoric to me and shouldn't happen unless given a real reason to dislike them.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9238848)

Go ahead and live in your Pollyanna world....if that works for you I am happy for you.

jd1020 12-24-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9238851)
I'll ask the same question that has been asked before....if she is lying to him about how she feels about his family, what else could she be lying to him about.

Don't know... ask the OP, he's read her private text messages. What else has she "lied" about?

htismaqe 12-24-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238835)

And there seems to be a popular belief that if he didn't snoop through her phone and find out these "horrible" truths that when they eventually came out it's going to be a trailer park brawl.

Just to be clear, I absolutely 100% agree with the 1st 3 paragraphs.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I am blaming HER when obviously HE has unresolved trust issues unrelated to her.

It's just the nature of the situation - for whatever reason she felt the need to tell the sister instead of the OP, which is indicative of a larger, underlying problem.

Buehler445 12-24-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9238830)
what if your fiance starts snooping through your computer and finds this thread through the browsing history?

would she be okay with this thread? lol same concept really

I was going to say this.

Here you sit. Venting your frustrations to a bunch of dumbasses ( we're chiefs fans after all. Except setsuna, he's just a dumbass.). Try to gain some perspective. If its just venting, you're doing the same thing. If she hates them, you probably have some work to do.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238858)
Don't know... ask the OP, he's read her private text messages. What else has she "lied" about?

See...that's the question he has to ask himself. Liars don't lie just once....

Rain Man 12-24-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9238836)
If I gave any advice, would anyone heed it?

Do you have any good stock tips?

Imon Yourside 12-24-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9238865)
Do you have any good stock tips?

I do, Chicken stock mixes pretty well with most dishes for these days.

jd1020 12-24-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9238864)
See...that's the question he has to ask himself. Liars don't lie just once....

Should probably ask the girlfriend if she knows the OP invades her privacy as well.

jspchief 12-24-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9238856)
Go ahead and live in your Pollyanna world....if that works for you I am happy for you.

Is that supposed to be a burn? That our families have manners?

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238870)
Should probably ask the girlfriend if she knows the OP invades her privacy as well.

And I wouldn't disagree with the fact he was snooping caused this...to some extent he is responsible for his own issues.

But...what happened to her being honest with him all along.

jd1020 12-24-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9238876)
And I wouldn't disagree with the fact he was snooping caused this...to some extent he is responsible for his own issues.

But...what happened to her being honest with him all along.

So you think the OP is being honest with her?

The OP is the issue. Sorry.

His girlfriend has manners and is polite to his family. She's going to spend Christmas with them. Yet this dude invades her privacy because he's too broken from shit thats happened in the past. This girl needs to run...

Valiant 12-24-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9237898)
You seem blindsided by this, so she's obviously very good at putting up a false front. Which means she's a skilled liar. If she's lying about this, what else is she lying about?

One word of advice, though. Confront her AFTER Christmas. Don't **** up the holiday for your family. Take the high road for another couple of days.

This..

Wait til it is done..

Then apologize that you read the texts.. But you feel ashamed that she could not be honest with you..

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9238871)
Is that supposed to be a burn? That our families have manners?

Nope...unless you wanted it to be.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238877)
So you think the OP is being honest with her?

The OP is the issue. Sorry.

No he isn't....

But he isn't the only issue.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Since you edited yours I'll edit mine too.....

I think they both need to run......he has trust issues and she can't be honest with him. That's not manners that is duplicity and you can't shade it any other way.

jd1020 12-24-2012 01:43 PM

You keep using this word duplicity...

She isn't set to marry the in-laws...

BigMeatballDave 12-24-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9237884)
However, it's certainly easier to address them with a fiance who'll just go away than a wife who'll go away with half your shit.

:LOL:

alpha_omega 12-24-2012 01:49 PM

This may have already been covered ( i haven't read the whole thing), but is Jim Jones paying her phone bill? If so, then he has the right to read the texts. If not...better be careful.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238885)

When you marry you get the whole family....

So you think she was being completely honest with him?

htismaqe 12-24-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238885)

If they have widely divergent opinions on his family, they're not compatible. Period.

BigMeatballDave 12-24-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 9238887)
This may have already been covered ( i haven't read the whole thing), but is Jim Jones paying her phone bill? If so, then he has the right to read the texts. If not...better be careful.

They are in a committed. Stuff like this is not off limits.

jd1020 12-24-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238893)
If they have widely divergent opinions on his family, they're not compatible. Period.

Are you saying that every married couple likes 100% of their in-laws?

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238893)

Not true.

threebag 12-24-2012 01:55 PM

**** this shit. The bitch sits around the ****ing house getting railed by anyone who knocks on the ****ing door. She is probably talking shit to her family about your family on her phone while Victor the neighbors lawn guy strokes her from behind. While everyone is saucing her dumplings during the day. You come home to a pile of ****ing laundry, Victors sandwich plate and her crusty tbacks. After you clean the joint up you have to get your own beer and eat a ****ing hungry man tv dinner. Before bed you flow chowder down the shower drain but tomorrow Big Nasty KCnut is blasting butter across her chin.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238896)
Are you saying that every married couple likes 100% of their in-laws?

If they have WIDELY divergent opinions on his family...

Please, I beg you, READ before you respond.

jd1020 12-24-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238901)
If they have WIDELY divergent opinions on his family...

Please, I beg you, READ before you respond.

Can't get much wider than like and dislike.

So answer the question...

Fat Elvis 12-24-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 9238887)

Only if she is like 13 years old....

threebag 12-24-2012 01:57 PM

Fake bitches are Real ****s.

jspchief 12-24-2012 01:58 PM

I think the thing being lost here is that in-law relationships vary widely.

Some people may find themselves spending many weekdays/weekends around their in-laws, while others may only interact with in-laws on a few occasions per year. That plays a big part in how bit of a deal it is that she doesn't like them. If she hates them, but only has to put on a friendly front 4 times per year, is it really going to impact the relationship?

Clearly everyone is adding their opinion based on personal experience, which may or may not mirror their situation.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9238897)
Not true.

I'd they have a large gap in their feelings one of them is going to have to give up more than what they are comfortable with. That leads to regret and resentment.

I'm not suggesting they have to be in lock-step. Everybody in a relationship has disagreements. But if their fundamental views of his family are that far off, a bit of compromise won't be enough.

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 02:00 PM

Most women hate their mother in laws well most guys love their moms.

Bump 12-24-2012 02:01 PM

I would confront her whether it's the right thing or not. In fact, I would break up with her for it. But that's just me.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238903)
Can't get much wider than like and dislike.

So answer the question...

Nothing in my post says ANYTHING about her liking 100% of his family. NOTHING.

I don't know what the **** your problem is today but apparently it's affecting your ability to read and comprehend.

Let me make this more simple.

If she likes his family 30% and he likes them 70%, they have a potentially fixable situation. If she likes his family 10% and he likes them 80, it's a lost cause.

jd1020 12-24-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238914)
Nothing in my post says ANYTHING about her liking 100% of his family. NOTHING.

I don't know what the **** your problem is today but apparently it's affecting your ability to read and comprehend.

Let me make this more simple.

If she likes his family 30% and he likes them 70%, they have a potentially fixable situation. If she likes his family 10% and he likes them 80, it's a lost cause.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238915)
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I don't ****ing care what you think.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9238907)
Some people may find themselves spending many weekdays/weekends around their in-laws, while others may only interact with in-laws on a few occasions per year. That plays a big part in how bit of a deal it is that she doesn't like them. If she hates them, but only has to put on a friendly front 4 times per year, is it really going to impact the relationship?

It will eventually affect the relationship, especially when it comes to kids.

jd1020 12-24-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9238917)
I don't ****ing care what you think.

Uh oh. We're incompatible.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9238921)
Uh oh. We're incompatible.

Sure looks like it.