ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Pants 09-03-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 7875831)
Are they using the same engine AGAIN on MW3?

MW3 is MW2 with new maps, new perks and some new guns.

crispystl 09-03-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7876383)

Yeah see **** that shit. I am done with that game.

Kyle DeLexus 09-03-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7876087)
Just buy BF3 on PC.. well as long as you have a good computer..

I don't do PC gaming at all.

Kyle DeLexus 09-03-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7876383)

yep, the only reason I've even thought about getting it is because that's what my friends are likely to get, and playing with them makes it fun.

Kraus 09-03-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7875351)
Same kinda. I'm trying to decide between Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, or the new CoD. It's in that order right now.

Get all three ;)

I still love me some Call of Duty. I'll be playing all three, but hopefully I'll be done with Gears 3 before BF3 comes out.

drunkie 09-03-2011 05:08 PM

sadly this game will be tied to ea's origins. your forced to have there spyware running on your system to play. the game does look impressive just can't support ea's bs

Mr. Plow 09-04-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7876983)
yep, the only reason I've even thought about getting it is because that's what my friends are likely to get, and playing with them makes it fun.

My son preordered it, so I'll probably do the campaign & get the achievements. I don't see me playing much MP unless it's got split screen.

If it wasn't for my son buying it, I wouldn't of.

Setsuna 09-04-2011 06:13 PM

Why wouldn't they have split screen? Isn't Battlefield supposed to be like massive battlegrounds? Split screen would be essential I would assume. Unless they are saying the experience won't be fully experienced if you don't have full screen.

Kyle DeLexus 09-04-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 7879103)
Why wouldn't they have split screen? Isn't Battlefield supposed to be like massive battlegrounds? Split screen would be essential I would assume. Unless they are saying the experience won't be fully experienced if you don't have full screen.

He was talking about CoD there.

Setsuna 09-05-2011 10:02 AM

@KD Thanks.

Black Ops had split screen. MW3 pretty much has to at this point.

Mr. Plow 09-05-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 7879964)
@KD Thanks.

Black Ops had split screen. MW3 pretty much has to at this point.

Didn't WaW have split screen & then MW2 not have it?

WhitiE 09-06-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7880598)
Didn't WaW have split screen & then MW2 not have it?

I'm confused by your posts. Your son pre ordered cod3?

Mr. Plow 09-06-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 7881838)
I'm confused by your posts. Your son pre ordered cod3?

I need to move them to the appropriate thread....

He preordered MW3. I preordered BF3.

Kraus 09-06-2011 02:09 PM

I'll see you on both!

WhitiE 09-06-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7881875)

Good thats what I was hoping for. I had my fingers crossed

Aspengc8 09-07-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7881875)

Did you preorder the downloadable version from origins? The beta drops next week and if you preordered from origins, your in.

Kraus 09-09-2011 10:04 AM

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u5eLbPQt_Pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

crispystl 09-09-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7889869)
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u5eLbPQt_Pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WOW

Kraus 09-13-2011 08:11 PM

So I haven't been able to connect to any EA servers on multiple games, and I'm not the only one:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x...px?PageIndex=1

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/455659.page

I might be playing MW3 instead if this shit keeps up. I had been able to play BFBC2 all the time until about 2 weeks ago.

Kraus 09-20-2011 08:36 AM

Beta Starts Sept. 29

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

WV 09-20-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7926755)

You can start the 27th if you get an invite....haven't checked on how to get one of those.

Kraus 09-20-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7926761)
You can start the 27th if you get an invite....haven't checked on how to get one of those.

I should be getting the early invite for having the Medal of Honor Limited Edition. I guess I'm not going hunting next week.

Mr. Plow 09-20-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7906914)
So I haven't been able to connect to any EA servers on multiple games, and I'm not the only one:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x...px?PageIndex=1

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/455659.page

I might be playing MW3 instead if this shit keeps up. I had been able to play BFBC2 all the time until about 2 weeks ago.

Have you had better luck? I haven't played games in like 2 weeks....starting to get the itch.

Kraus 09-20-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7926824)
Have you had better luck? I haven't played games in like 2 weeks....starting to get the itch.

No sir, still won't let me connect. Hopefully BF3 works though. If not I'm going to be playing MW3 this fall.

ChiefFripp 09-22-2011 09:07 AM

I've been playing Battlefield since the 1942 demo with Tobruk and Wake Island. Every PC game in the series has been something special. Even the largely overlooked"in-between" games like 'Vietnam', and 2142 have been amazing. I was hugely disappointed with the xbox games but Bad Company and BC2 were decent. Still, I will have to break the bank on a new PC for BF3(especially with Skyrim coming out as well), because The Battlefield franchise has always been best on PC.

As far as the COD vs. BF hype; I've given the COD series chances time and time again , even before Infinity Ward split off to create COD back in the ' Medal of Honor ' days. The MOH, COd and MW games just can't give me the same scope and satisfaction that the BF series has provided me ever since the BF42 demo.

Shag 09-22-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 7932265)
I've been playing Battlefield since the 1942 demo with Tobruk and Wake Island. Every PC game in the series has been something special. Even the largely overlooked"in-between" games like 'Vietnam', and 2142 have been amazing. I was hugely disappointed with the xbox games but Bad Company and BC2 were decent. Still, I will have to break the bank on a new PC for BF3(especially with Skyrim coming out as well), because The Battlefield franchise has always been best on PC.

As far as the COD vs. BF hype; I've given the COD series chances time and time again , even before Infinity Ward split off to create COD back in the ' Medal of Honor ' days. The MOH, COd and MW games just can't give me the same scope and satisfaction that the BF series has provided me ever since the BF42 demo.

I hear you. I played the shit out of the '42 demo (and the full game), and that game is still one of my all-time favorites - possibly #1. BF2 was fantastic, as well. Vietnam didn't do much for me, and 2142 never had any interest for me.

I'm pumped for BF3. I'll probably end up buying it on both PC and 360, which kind of sucks, but oh well...

I love the Modern Warfare games, but they don't compare to '42 and BF2, IMHO. The Treyarch COD games were terrible.

Pants 09-22-2011 10:01 AM

BF2142 has been the best BF so far, IMO. The depth of gameplay in the modes they had was immense.

Bane 09-22-2011 10:05 AM

CAN'T WAIT!

Otter 09-22-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 7932265)
Still, I will have to break the bank on a new PC for BF3(especially with Skyrim coming out as well), because The Battlefield franchise has always been best on PC.

The specs really aren't that bad. You easily build a PC more than capable of handling the game for about $1k. That's not bad at all for gamer PC.

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Dual Core
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 256 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 10
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quadcore Processor
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 512 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 11
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Aspengc8 09-27-2011 06:29 AM

Beta is out if you ordered off origins, I just got me email. There's also new Nvidia drivers out for BF3.. http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ta-driver.html

Bambi 09-27-2011 09:27 AM

Watch this in 1080 on a large imac monitor...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/coOHjF4_apI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kraus 09-27-2011 10:40 AM

I got my beta code, downloading it now.

Munson 09-27-2011 11:11 AM

I got the beta code because I bought Medal of Honor(which sucked). I can't wait to play it.

Pants 09-27-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7947000)
I got my beta code, downloading it now.

I won't be able to play tonight, but I'll be on tomorrow thanks to your code. :thumb:

Kraus 09-27-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7947074)
I won't be able to play tonight, but I'll be on tomorrow thanks to your code. :thumb:

I've got to work tonight, I'm off the next two days though.

So far I haven't been terribly impressed by what I've played. This game seems to take the BFBC2 "clunkyness" to another level. Not sure I like that. There is only one map in the beta, and it is infantry only. Still trying to get used to everything.

Bambi 09-27-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7947217)

So far I haven't been terribly impressed by what I've played. This game seems to take the BFBC2 "clunkyness" to another level. Not sure I like that. There is only one map in the beta, and it is infantry only. Still trying to get used to everything.

Is this on XBox??

How do i get it?

Pants 09-27-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7947217)

Damn. That is disappointing to say the least.

Kraus 09-27-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7947673)
Is this on XBox??

How do i get it?

It will turn into an open beta in a couple days. Thursday or Friday I believe. If you had the limited edition of Medal of Honor you should have an email with the code.

WV 09-27-2011 05:08 PM

I'll download it as soon I can tomorrow or tonight if I can.

Bambi 09-27-2011 08:03 PM

Anyone down for this?

http://virgingaming.com/tournaments/worldwide-conquest/

Munson 09-28-2011 09:41 AM

Well, I got my ass handed to me by all the campers, but still had fun playing it. It was a little buggy, but that's to be expected from a beta version.

loochy 09-28-2011 09:42 AM

Dang it...I preordered the disc version from newegg, so I can't get the beta code. :(

Kraus 09-28-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7949379)
Dang it...I preordered the disc version from newegg, so I can't get the beta code. :(

It turns into an open beta in a couple of days, you'll be fine.

loochy 09-28-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7949384)

:thumb:

WV 09-28-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7949384)

Sometime tomorrow.

Aspengc8 09-28-2011 11:46 AM

For those of you who were playing on the Caspian Border servers, they changed the password. :(

It was "sexyelevator", might still work I didnt get to check them all.

I can't fly a chopper if my life depended on it...

Setsuna 09-28-2011 03:14 PM

Will there ever be a shooter w/o campers? People need to be automatically killed off for being in one spot for 2 minutes, moving or not.

Kraus 09-28-2011 08:50 PM

Just got done destroying some people with my cousin. I went 40-25 (Ace Pin baby!) and armed over half of the MCOMS. My cousin got the rest while I covered him.

This is starting to grow on me a bit. I think I was just upset about the mandatory ass kicking you receive when you start any Battlefield game. The one where you start off with no perks, no sights, nothing... Prepared to have your ass handed to you right off the bat. Once you play for awhile, it'll even itself out.

A few notes:

- The Tactical flashlight is a pain in the ass. Blinds whoever you shine it at, friendlies included. Learn to shoot at the light because it'll white out your entire screen.
- You earn sights for a gun by using that specific gun - not the class it is tied to.
- If you're used to BFBC2, this will throw you. The medic is now the ammo supply guy and the assault guy now has a defib and health.
- The sniper spawns with a radio unit a.k.a. "The Mobile Spawn Point," place it on the field, and you and your squad can choose to spawn there until the enemy destroys it. Stays in place even after you die. This has been a huge help in rush. On offense, I'll sneak behind the enemy lines, get close to an MCOM station, lay the radio and have a ton of reinforcements nearby. On defense I'll lay it close to the offense's spawn, then spawn in with a shotty. Knife kills and buckshot to the back are my main weapons.
- It still appears you can only get 4-people in a lobby before a game. :(
- I ran into a DICE quality representative today asking about glitches and if we've encountered any and just how our play experience was going. I talked to him for about 5 minutes. Nice to see they are working with the community.
- You can go prone again! Nothing like belly-crawling up to an enemy position and then popping up right in their face and blasting them.
- Off the bat, I've really taking a liking to the semi-auto sniper. I attached an ACOG to it and use it as a battle rifle. Knocks guys down in 1 or 2 shots most of the time.
- Knife kills take awhile. A whole animation plays out now of you jamming your knife in their neck.

QuikSsurfer 09-28-2011 09:17 PM

I want to play this.
The knife animations took a while in BFBC2 also.

Kraus 09-28-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7951427)
I want to play this.
The knife animations took a while in BFBC2 also.

In this, you actually grab the guy, pull his head back and jam the knife in. Much longer than BFBC2 and you're vulnerable while you do it.

WV 09-28-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7951338)
Just got done destroying some people with my cousin. I went 40-25 (Ace Pin baby!) and armed over half of the MCOMS. My cousin got the rest while I covered him.

This is starting to grow on me a bit. I think I was just upset about the mandatory ass kicking you receive when you start any Battlefield game. The one where you start off with no perks, no sights, nothing... Prepared to have your ass handed to you right off the bat. Once you play for awhile, it'll even itself out.

A few notes:

- The Tactical flashlight is a pain in the ass. Blinds whoever you shine it at, friendlies included. Learn to shoot at the light because it'll white out your entire screen.
- You earn sights for a gun by using that specific gun - not the class it is tied to.
- If you're used to BFBC2, this will throw you. The medic is now the ammo supply guy and the assault guy now has a defib and health.
- The sniper spawns with a radio unit a.k.a. "The Mobile Spawn Point," place it on the field, and you and your squad can choose to spawn there until the enemy destroys it. Stays in place even after you die. This has been a huge help in rush. On offense, I'll sneak behind the enemy lines, get close to an MCOM station, lay the radio and have a ton of reinforcements nearby. On defense I'll lay it close to the offense's spawn, then spawn in with a shotty. Knife kills and buckshot to the back are my main weapons.
- It still appears you can only get 4-people in a lobby before a game. :(
- I ran into a DICE quality representative today asking about glitches and if we've encountered any and just how our play experience was going. I talked to him for about 5 minutes. Nice to see they are working with the community.
- You can go prone again! Nothing like belly-crawling up to an enemy position and then popping up right in their face and blasting them.
- Off the bat, I've really taking a liking to the semi-auto sniper. I attached an ACOG to it and use it as a battle rifle. Knocks guys down in 1 or 2 shots most of the time.
- Knife kills take awhile. A whole animation plays out now of you jamming your knife in their neck.

Thanks! I checked again and it's not up to download yet....not sure what time it will be.

Quesadilla Joe 09-29-2011 12:02 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EaGaTFqULBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefFripp 09-29-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7952029)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EaGaTFqULBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All I heard was " I suck at this game so COD is better". Truth is, this guy sucks at COD by his own admission and he also sucks at BF3. Imagine this simpleton playing a BF3 game where squads are actually using tactics and vehicles, he'd be even more lost and eager to cling to the twitchfest that is COD.

I Guess the fanboy in me came out a little.

-King- 09-29-2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 7952041)
All I heard was " I suck at this game so COD is better". Truth is, this guy sucks at COD by his own admission and he also sucks at BF3. Imagine this simpleton playing a BF3 game where squads are actually using tactics and vehicles, he'd be even more lost and eager to cling to the twitchfest that is COD.

I Guess the fanboy in me came out a little.

Lol but what he was saying was backed up. He was getting killed by people camping in the bushes LMAO

-King- 09-29-2011 01:47 AM

http://s1.proxy03.twitpic.com/photos.../410163682.jpg

WhitiE 09-29-2011 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7952095)

Lol wtf?

Mr. Plow 09-29-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7952095)

:)

Kraus 09-29-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7952029)

That guy is such a ****ing idiot. Good players can be good at both games. Take Pants for example. The dumbass in the video just sucks outright.

ToxSocks 09-29-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7952090)
Lol but what he was saying was backed up. He was getting killed by people camping in the bushes LMAO

This.

I've never played a BF game, but that shit could get real old real quick, if that's how this game is played.

Mr. Plow 09-29-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7952090)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7952485)
This.

I've never played a BF game, but that shit could get real old real quick, if that's how this game is played.

There is no more camping in BF2 than there has been in any of the COD games.

Watch when the new MW3 comes out. The first week, everyone will be camping until they get the hang of the maps.

Mr. Plow 09-29-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7952462)
That guy is such a ****ing idiot. Good players can be good at both games. Take Pants for example. The dumbass in the video just sucks outright.

His first couple of video's were funny as shit - ever since then, he's just a being a bitch because that's what he is....a bitch.

loochy 09-29-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

This.

Well the game is supposed to be played as a team with squads.

If you get killed from the bushes, you should go ahead and spot the player on your radar and tell your squad leader. Then your teammates can throw some nades in the bush OR you can call in an airstrike or artillery to take care of that. Playing BF as a lone wolf does NOT work well.

QuikSsurfer 09-29-2011 10:21 AM

Has there been a MP shooter since Quake III that had the option to prevent campers? If you remained in the same spot for a few seconds - a countdown timer would pop up and you had a few seconds to move or be destroyed.

loochy 09-29-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7952510)
Has there been a MP shooter since Quake III that had the option to prevent campers? If you remained in the same spot for a few seconds - a countdown timer would pop up and you had a few seconds to move or be destroyed.

I remember some mods for CS 1.6 that had that. After 20 seconds or so you'd start getting slapped.

Mr. Plow 09-29-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7952509)
Well the game is supposed to be played as a team with squads.

If you get killed from the bushes, you should go ahead and spot the player on your radar and tell your squad leader. Then your teammates can throw some nades in the bush OR you can call in an airstrike or artillery to take care of that. Playing BF as a lone wolf does NOT work well.

I've enjoyed both series thus far.

If I want to play a game of lonewolfing it and trying to kill other people without really putting much thought into what I'm doing.....it's COD all the way.

If I want to play a game with a bit more strategy & teamwork, BF.

Kraus 09-29-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

This.

There are always campers... even in COD. Just learn to get around them and knife them. I do it in both games. It's pretty easy when they group up and all look one direction.

I had 3 knife kills when I got around a group of snipers. They didn't even realize I was picking them off one by one. I would have gotten 4 of them, but surprisingly one got up and moved to the objective. He took two-shots in the back.

Pants 09-29-2011 10:50 AM

As far as BF vs COD games go, they're both awesome in terms of overall fun. COD is excellent in terms of crazy shit talking in the lobbies, having a good laugh talking with random people on your team and the super crisp combat. BF3 is much more team oriented and is much more methodical. It just seems like it's designed for a more mature audience.

I will say, however, that COD could never provide me with the adrenaline rush moments that a game of Rush in BF constantly does. BF also provides you with pure hilarity when you just completely outsmart an enemy team with your squad by giving you almost infinite freedom on the way you approach an objective on any given (huge) map.

Both games have their frustrations with campers, BF also has the completely unbalanced helicopters piloted by skilled individuals but that's neither here nor there.

Personally, I'm choosing BF over COD this year, unless the beta manages to somehow disappoint me completely. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get on tonight. /sigh

Kraus 09-29-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7952567)
As far as BF vs COD games go, they're both awesome in terms of overall fun. COD is excellent in terms of crazy shit talking in the lobbies, having a good laugh talking with random people on your team and the super crisp combat. BF3 is much more team oriented and is much more methodical. It just seems like it's designed for a more mature audience.

I will say, however, that COD could never provide me with the adrenaline rush moments that a game of Rush in BF constantly does. BF also provides you with pure hilarity when you just completely outsmart an enemy team with your squad by giving you almost infinite freedom on the way you approach an objective on any given (huge) map.

Both games have their frustrations with campers, BF also has the completely unbalanced helicopters piloted by skilled individuals but that's neither here nor there.

Personally, I'm choosing BF over COD this year, unless the beta manages to somehow disappoint me completely. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get on tonight. /sigh

I'll still be playing the hell out of both.... If I'm not playing Batman, Skyrim, or any of the other single player games also coming out this fall.

Pants 09-29-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7952570)
I'll still be playing the hell out of both.... If I'm not playing Batman, Skyrim, or any of the other single player games also coming out this fall.

Yeah, I'm probably going to from BF3 straight to TOR.

MoreLemonPledge 09-29-2011 12:41 PM

Downloading it now. Pretty ****ing excited.

WV 09-29-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7952526)
There are always campers... even in COD. Just learn to get around them and knife them. I do it in both games. It's pretty easy when they group up and all look one direction.

I had 3 knife kills when I got around a group of snipers. They didn't even realize I was picking them off one by one. I would have gotten 4 of them, but surprisingly one got up and moved to the objective. He took two-shots in the back.

Takes some getting used to in my 45 minutes of play today....not totally different than BC2, but very good. There is already a gap in players though, there was a level 21 on the other team I was playing today. That guy must have played that level non stop!

-King- 09-29-2011 12:48 PM

This game is full of nothing but campers.

So when in rome....

I started out horrible. Went 3-14 my first game, but after I switched to the sniper rifle and adopted the camping technique, I never had a round with under 20 kills. There are virtually no gun on gun battles in this game at all.

WV 09-29-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7952738)

So when in rome....

I started out horrible. Went 3-14 my first game, but after I switched to the sniper rifle and adopted the camping technique, I never had a round with under 20 kills. There are virtually no gun on gun battles in this game at all.

It tough to do that in the subway though. But you are right camping is rampant and it stands to reason in a new game.

loochy 09-29-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7952738)

So when in rome....

Are there no tanks or vehicles? Usually those would deter campers in BF2

Bambi 09-29-2011 01:25 PM

Been watching some live feed play from a bunch of COD type players.

They liked some things, didn't like others.

It doesn't help that they release one map with no vehicles and it plays VERY COD-like... That isn't BF style so its an odd mix to start out with.

Probably gonna download it when I get home.

Will our ranks/weapons and stuff carry over to the real game on the 25th or will everything be reset? Anyone know?

Pants 09-29-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7952838)
Will our ranks/weapons and stuff carry over to the real game on the 25th or will everything be reset? Anyone know?

Everything will be reset.

-King- 09-29-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7952829)
It tough to do that in the subway though. But you are right camping is rampant and it stands to reason in a new game.

Yeah, the subway was the only tough place. But out in the park and out in the city, I was picking people off left and right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7952830)
Are there no tanks or vehicles? Usually those would deter campers in BF2

Not in the Xbox beta. I think the PC version has vehicles though.

dirk digler 09-29-2011 04:14 PM

That guy in the video was pretty funny but I am still excited to play this game. I have only really played BF2 and played it religiously and camping isn't to bad.

I know this would piss people off but maybe a good idea to level out the teams and stop camping would be to limit how many of each class could be played on each side.

WhitiE 09-29-2011 05:44 PM

When I try to play the beta it says unable to connect to EA servers. What's the deal?

WV 09-29-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 7953549)
When I try to play the beta it says unable to connect to EA servers. What's the deal?

There is supposedly something going on with the XBox version...they are supposedly working on it.