ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

vailpass 09-26-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020964)
Question: when she has to jam the catheter in a male does she feel empathy or joy?...

LMAO not her role...

Pablo 09-26-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10020871)

If you don't have that, what's this forum? What the **** is it? What does this forum look like in the Utopian CP Society mind of "just enjoy the ride" fan? I'll tell you what it looks like:

"3-0! WOOOO!"

"JAMAAL CHARLES! WOOO!"

"JUSTIN HOUSTON! WOOO!"

"I HATE DENVER! WOOO!"

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.

BOOOO RAIDERS

BOOOO CHARGERS

GO! FIGHT! WIN!

vailpass 09-26-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10020967)
Damn, I was getting ready to install the stripper pole and everything.

Uh no, it's not like that LMAO

Rausch 09-26-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10020969)
What do you have against him?

His immaturity and inability to take his own future/career seriously.

I guess it'd be one of those "you can smell your own" moments...

Imon Yourside 09-26-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020979)
His immaturity and inability to take his own future/career seriously.

I guess it'd be one of those "you can smell your own" moments...

I think Reid will help him tremendously in that area, but I'll reserve judgement until a later date. :D

keg in kc 09-26-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020970)
It's also the people who dislike Clay.

They argue the poster, instead of the post, say something stupid - and then others get involved.

Before you know it, it's a free for all and the Clay bashers have turned the argument into something completely different.

TBH, it gets a bit irritating to get lumped in with him in the middle of a serious discussion.

Rausch 09-26-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10020974)
LMAO not her role...

Deflection = dark future for you bro.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__9UFe0zlhT...hasing+Amy.png

Mr. Plow 09-26-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10020978)
Uh no, it's not like that LMAO

It's more of a "Hey ladies, have a few shots of Jager. What?!? I have no idea where that pole came from."

duncan_idaho 09-26-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10020938)
I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to understand. Be excited for 3-0, I am. But be realistic that the offense (as a whole) is horrible and needs a lot of work.

My thoughts, exactly.

mike_b_284 09-26-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10020902)
I don't like this subject much.

Game situation dictates playcalling quite a bit. You don't just go out and take shots to score points just to say you scored points on a drive if you've already got the lead.

The Berry pick 6 in Philly put the Chiefs up 10 points. Obviously youre not going to have super aggressive playcalls offensively with that. Why would you force the ball down field, maybe make a mistake, when you already have a 2 score advantage?

Keep in mind that this is the worst team in the league from last year, and we're running a brand new offense. Generally, this is a recipe for horrible starts, but thanks to the defense, and thanks in huge part to our quarterback not giving the football up, we're 3-0.

In the Cowboys game, and the Eagles game, when the chips were down and the offense had to stay on the football field, they did. Alex drove the team right down the field an answered the Cowboys with a TD to Bowe in the second half. Then another big drive for the FG to put us up scores.

That drive in the 4th quarter against the Eagles from the 5 yard line? Nails. That was a clock destroying, point scoring drive.

Offense isn't just about points. Its about killing the clock and keeping the other team incabable of putting up points of their own because their offense is riding the pine.

The O is good enough to be 3-0. They haven't peaked, and they will get better as the season goes on. That O-line certainly cant get much worse.

How did you do it? You made valid points, illustrated them with specific examples, didn't call anyone a stupid bitch, or tell them to shoot themselves in the face.

vailpass 09-26-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020985)
Deflection = dark future for you bro.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__9UFe0zlhT...hasing+Amy.png

:) sorry, I've already said too much

Rausch 09-26-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10020982)
I think Reid will help him tremendously in that area, but I'll reserve judgement until a later date. :D

Always smart to defer to the expert...

vailpass 09-26-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10020986)
It's more of a "Hey ladies, have a few shots of Jager. What?!? I have no idea where that pole came from."

Kind of along the lines of the "just whip it out" strategy.
Could work.

keg in kc 09-26-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020941)
I expected this in YEAR ONE.

I don't expect this year's team to be the norm.

And I think we'll upgrade the "QB surroundings" until we draft a QB (which I fully expect to happen.)

I don't expect it to be a QB this draft (2014) either...

I don't think we'll see it before 2016 or 2017. Even without an extension, they're fully invested in Alex Smith.

I also think they'll give Tyler Bray plenty of time, based on what I heard from camp.

Mr. Plow 09-26-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10020993)
Kind of along the lines of the "just whip it out" strategy.
Could work.

LMAO

gosampel 09-26-2013 09:34 AM

If the D score a few points. Then Off doesn't have to work as hard. but I haven't not seeing this dink and dunk thing yet

Mr. Plow 09-26-2013 09:35 AM

If you guys could shut the **** up about football, we are trying to have a conversation about bisexual women in here.

siberian khatru 09-26-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10020987)
My thoughts, exactly.

+1 (or would that be +2?)

vailpass 09-26-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10020998)
If you guys could shut the **** up about football, we are trying to have a conversation about bisexual women in here.

:)

Imon Yourside 09-26-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020990)
Always smart to defer to the expert...

Beats the hell out of Tyler Palko as a developmental QB.

mike_b_284 09-26-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10020998)

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10020560)
Anyone who has watched the games should know that the Chiefs are lucky to be 3-0.

Pure ****ing bullshit.

Teams make their own "luck".

It doesn't just happen to them.

Rausch 09-26-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10020989)
:) sorry, I've already said too much

It's cool.

I'm a white guy that attended an HBC.

For 10 years (**** you GWB for ending my free ride.)

Studying Literature and Poetry (mostly 19th century European, which I was not fond of *but the Irish - as they always do - find a way to make it a ride.*)

Sadly, I isn't a prof.

I did spend a metric-phuq-ton of time with white gay men, black "down low" men, and mostly women (WINNING!)

So I'm pretty ok with my gay. I'm not so much up with the bi thing.

Not really for or against just ignorant of the whole deal...

duncan_idaho 09-26-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10020994)
I don't think we'll see it before 2016 or 2017. Even without an extension, they're fully invested in Alex Smith.

I also think they'll give Tyler Bray plenty of time, based on what I heard from camp.

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.c...6/sadpanda.png

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020572)
The only problem I see with the running game is we don't use it enough.

Two good reasons to run more:

A) We have a ****ing fantastic HB.

B) Smith is an excellent play action passer. He's good selling the fake and he's not afraid to attempt deep passes on first down (out of play action.)

Goddammit, people: The interior of the offensive line is complete and utter ASS. How many play have been run to the right, where Eric Fisher is getting his ass handed to him?

Until this offensive line plays better as a unit, the offense as a whole is going to struggle.

Do any of you guys even watch the games?

vailpass 09-26-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021008)
It's cool.

I'm a white guy that attended an HBC.

For 10 years (**** you GWB for ending my free ride.)

Studying Literature and Poetry (mostly 19th century European, which I was not fond of *but the Irish - as they always do - find a way to make it a ride.*)

Sadly, I isn't a prof.

I did spend a metric-phuq-ton of time with white gay men, black "down low" men, and mostly women (WINNING!)

So I'm pretty ok with my gay. I'm not so much up with the bi thing.

Not really for or against just ignorant of the whole deal...

Cool. My under grad was a double major in English/Psych. Be who you gotta beLMAO

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020583)
Completely disagree. After we go 10-7 and get face raped in our 1st playoff game we need to trade up and get a solid 3-technique to replace Tyson Jackson (who we'll cut to sign a new FB and TE in free agency...)

Yeah, better to go 2-14 again

ViperVisor 09-26-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020911)
Chicago.

San Diego.

Philly.

All teams with new offensive philosophies, coaches and majority of new OLmen.

Also, all teams scoring 26+ PPG.

No excuses.

No excuses? You mean please no facts and reason?

Chicago
3 D/ST TDs
Grabbed 11 TO

You know the thing that has been mentioned 100 times how it is carrying half the load for the KC offense.

OL is also protecting much better than last year.

San Diego scored 350 points last year.

Their #1 guy Antonio Gates is not hobbled.

OL is also protecting much better than last year.

Philly

They are playing wide-open. They got the physical specimens. McCoy, Jackson, and Vick.
It comes down to how consistent Vick is gonna play and how consent will his health be.

KC
You guys scored 211 points last year.

There is upside to what's been shown this year for sure.
Guys need to play better and getting a TE on the field that isn't bottom of the depth chart will help.

warrior 09-26-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021017)
Goddammit, people: The interior of the offensive line is complete and utter ASS. How many play have been run to the right, where Eric Fisher is getting his ass handed to him?

Until this offensive line plays better as a unit, the offense as a whole is going to struggle.

Agreed

cosmo20002 09-26-2013 09:51 AM

Not reading through everything to see if this has been mentioned but this is stupid:

Quote:

The Chiefs are actually 12th in the league in PPG, at 23.7. But if you take away the 14 points the defense is directly responsible for, that number drops to 19 PPG, which would be tied for 23rd - with the Raiders. The Chiefs are relying on the defense to score points, which isn't good. Defensive scoring is random and shouldn't be part of the game plan. They didn't need Tamba Hali's pick-6 to beat the Jaguars, but they did need Eric Berry's against the Eagles.
I don't think you can just take away one team's defense points then re-insert them into the rankings while leaving in everyone else's defense points. How is that relevant?

Yeah the offense is weak, but I hate stupid stats like this.

Chris Meck 09-26-2013 09:51 AM

I don't know about many of you, but I fully expected the offense to struggle a bit early in the year. It's a young line, and a new, complex offensive system. I'm really only surprised that the defense has been so lights out that we're 3-0. This bodes well, as I think the second half of the season the offense should be better than the first half.

Remember year one of Vermeil/Saunders? TrINT? Anybody think that offense would go on to do what it did in the next few seasons?

I'm not worried.

Rausch 09-26-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

We are BETTER up the middle.

Albert is injured (again) but playing and Fish flat out sucks unless he can square up and just maul a guy. And yea, he can and has blown up defenders on running plays.

As far as the interior I completely disagree...

HemiEd 09-26-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10020731)
You don't get extra points winning pretty or get less points for winning ugly. At the end of the day a win is a win. In the 90s we used to dominate teams in the regular season only to lose in the playoffs. How we win in the regular season means little as long as we win. Once the playoffs start then anything can happen.

In the 90s, the Chiefs used to win games just like they are doing now. The D. They didn't have an offense that could score.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020619)
I can only assume you've never watched a AR coached team in Philly.

Top 10 offense in points scored in 8 of his last 11 seasons.

Top 8 in 4 of his last 5. Over 26 PPG.

AR teams are not "reserved". They score points - a lot of them.

So, you thought a team that was near dead last in nearly every offensive category was going to magically and immediately turn that around in one season with four new offensive lineman, two broken tight ends off the street, no true slot receiver and limited camp time together due to the new CBA?

Seriously?

Ace Gunner 09-26-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

at some point you need to come to terms with the fact most of the "QB sucks" crowd here doesn't have any clue what role the OL plays in any offense -- not even the 2003 Chiefs offense that they watched maul teams for years.

Trint Green, Eddie K, Preist -- that is their knowledge of "offense".

Imon Yourside 09-26-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021044)
So, you thought a team that was near dead last in nearly every offensive category was going to magically and immediately turn that around in one season with four new offensive lineman, two broken tight ends off the street, no true slot receiver and limited camp time together due to the new CBA?

Seriously?

Everybody else is doing it....why can't we?!?!?!?!. :)

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021039)
We are BETTER up the middle.

Albert is injured (again) but playing and Fish flat out sucks unless he can square up and just maul a guy. And yea, he can and has blown up defenders on running plays.

As far as the interior I completely disagree...

Allen sucks, Hudson has struggled, as has Asamoah.

They are in no way, shape or form "better".

Rausch 09-26-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10021036)
I don't think you can just take away one team's defense points then re-insert them into the rankings while leaving in everyone else's defense points. How is that relevant?

It's not, but that'd take a lot of effort...

keg in kc 09-26-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021044)

Seriously?

It seems to me his comment was more about the team philosophy and how people are for whatever reason attributing the offensive struggles to successfully executing a conservative scheme rather than failing to execute an aggressive one.

The reasons for that failure of execution would then fall into the items you listed.

duncan_idaho 09-26-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10021036)
Not reading through everything to see if this has been mentioned but this is stupid:

Yeah the offense is weak, but I hate stupid stats like this.

Chiefs offense would be tied for 19th in the league in PPG if you took away all defensive scores.

keg in kc 09-26-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 10021038)
I don't know about many of you, but I fully expected the offense to struggle a bit early in the year. It's a young line, and a new, complex offensive system. I'm really only surprised that the defense has been so lights out that we're 3-0. This bodes well, as I think the second half of the season the offense should be better than the first half.

Remember year one of Vermeil/Saunders? TrINT? Anybody think that offense would go on to do what it did in the next few seasons?

Yes, actually. They absolutely blew up in the 3rd game of the 2001 season (IIRC...), on the road against the redskins.

Hopefully something similar happens with this offense...

And I do agree with you on expecting them to struggle (although not quite to the degree that they have). And I do expect them to improve at some point. But at this point, however, we can really only discuss what's happened on the field so far. Anything else is conjecture.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10021067)
Yes, actually. They absolutely blew up in the 3rd game of the 2001 season (IIRC...), on the road against the redskins.

And I do agree with you on expecting them to struggle (although not quite to the degree that they have). And I do expect them to improve at some point. But at this point, however, we can really only discuss what's happened on the field so far. Anything else is conjecture.

That was because Saunders finally figured out that Holmes more than a third down back.

Marcellus 09-26-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10021067)

You know what happened to cause that? They gave Priest the ball regularly and stopped using him as a 3rd down back.

We need to run JC more.

Titty Meat 09-26-2013 10:03 AM

This is brand new information

keg in kc 09-26-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021072)
That was because Saunders finally figure out that Holmes more than a third down back.

Yep.

Also became pretty obvious later on that the in-season acquisition of Eddie Kennison was going to be great. That team did have perhaps the worst starting set of WRs I think I've ever seen through 10 or 12 weeks.

Ace Gunner 09-26-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020633)
Chicago has an entirely new OL. Only the center remains from last year's squad.

3/5 of the Chargers' line is new. Hardwick and Clary are the holdovers.

But our excuse is that we need time to "gel".

let's get down to the details of your post -- you are claiming Chi has 4 starting OL that never played on the team previous to this year?

And SD has 3 new players that were not SD players the previous season?

True or false?

siberian khatru 09-26-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10021077)
Yep.

Also became pretty obvious later on that the in-season acquisition of Eddie Kennison was going to be great. That team did have perhaps the worst starting set of WRs I think I've ever seen through 10 or 12 weeks.

I remember as soon as Kennison showed up it was like a light switch being flipped on.

Discuss Thrower 09-26-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10021019)
Cool. My under grad was a double major in English/Psych. Be who you gotta beLMAO

Good to know people can actually find success with that degree. Fairly certain I'm going to have to apply to be a fry cook aomewhere becaus it's impossible to find an entry level career job.

****ing wonderful economy.

Marcellus 09-26-2013 10:05 AM

Is someone claiming our OL isn't struggling? Really?

vailpass 09-26-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10021081)
Good to know people can actually find success with that degree. Fairly certain I'm going to have to apply to be a fry cook aomewhere becaus it's impossible to find an entry level career job.

****ing wonderful economy.

I went to grad school after. And I'll admit I had a head start.
Pursue what you love, you'll never work a day in your life...

Rausch 09-26-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021050)
Allen sucks, Hudson has struggled, as has Asamoah.

They are in no way, shape or form "better".

Allen does suck. I guess if I have to find a compliment he has made a play or 2 in the running game. Hudson has done his part in pass protection but gets little or no push in the running game. Big John is ****ing beastly when it comes to being squared up vs the defender in the running game. I'm not saying he's perfect but I'd argue he's BY FAR the best run blocker on this line.

RealSNR 09-26-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10021079)
I remember as soon as Kennison showed up it was like a light switch being flipped on.

It was even sweeter that he pissed off the Donks so royally before coming here.

I don't think there's been a player like him to switch sides since then who generated so much hate and animosity from his old team. In the Chiefs/Broncos rivalry, that is.

Rausch 09-26-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10021085)

I have yet to make money off impregnating strangers and consuming large amounts of cheap domestic beer...

saphojunkie 09-26-2013 10:10 AM

I don't understand...

When we traded two second round picks for Alex Smith, and all of us complained... what did you think we were complaining about?

When Kyle Orton took over for this team and we saw what even a mildly competent quarterback looked like, what do you think we were saying about the rest of the talent on this team?

Alex Smith is not a game winner. We all know this. We knew this back in March.

The Chiefs are absolutely a playoff caliber team, because they have enough pieces on both sides of the ball.

I, for one, am capable of compartmentalizing my dissatisfaction with our quarterback situation and my relief and joy of having a QB who is capable enough to not lose us games and, if not lead, then shepherd us to victory.

Quarterback remains the single most important position in all of team sports. I am adamant that whoever plays that position needs to be one of your absolute best players.

Alex Smith is not one of our eleven best players. But the other 21 guys are good enough to make up for it right now.

vailpass 09-26-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021093)
I have yet to make money off impregnating strangers and consuming large amounts of cheap domestic beer...

Keep at it, giving single mothers their start is a noble calling...:)

The Franchise 09-26-2013 10:11 AM

Allen shouldn't be starting. Schwartz should be at that LG spot. That should help the run game out enough to try and get it going early in the game.

Marcellus 09-26-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

If you could make $ off of that Florida, Kentucky, Oklahoma ,and Arkansas would be booming.

Mr. Plow 09-26-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Keep working at it man. You'll get there.

Mav 09-26-2013 10:12 AM

I don't think that anyone is saying that the offense isn't a concern, and shouldn't be improved. I think what most are saying is that its a work in progress, that has the luxury of having the time to grow because of the defense?

I don't recall personally anyone saying that the offense is perfect.

I can recall both Andy Reid and Alex Smith both saying in the post game interviews that there was still a lot to work on.

keg in kc 09-26-2013 10:15 AM

Regarding Charles, he's actually touched the ball (and scored) more times in 2013 than he had in 2012 through three games, although he has 22 fewer yards:

70 touches for 375 yards and 3 TD
64 touches for 397 yards and 1 TD

He accounts for, right now, 57.8% of the teams rushes, 22.9% of the team's targets on passing plays, 28.1% of the team's receptions and 37.5% of the team's total yardage.

All this without a breakout game like NO in week 3 last year.

I think they know where their bread is buttered.

Rausch 09-26-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10021095)
I don't understand...

When we traded two second round picks for Alex Smith, and all of us complained... what did you think we were complaining about?

When Kyle Orton took over for this team and we saw what even a mildly competent quarterback looked like, what do you think we were saying about the rest of the talent on this team?

Alex Smith is not a game winner. We all know this. We knew this back in March.

The Chiefs are absolutely a playoff caliber team, because they have enough pieces on both sides of the ball.

I, for one, am capable of compartmentalizing my dissatisfaction with our quarterback situation and my relief and joy of having a QB who is capable enough to not lose us games and, if not lead, then shepherd us to victory.

I think pretty much all of this I'm eye-to-eye with you on.

Quote:

Alex Smith is not one of our eleven best players.

Agreed.

Quote:

But the other 21 guys are good enough to make up for it right now.

If by "right now" you mean a rebuilding year after complete ineptitude then yes.

If by "right now" you think we can win a playoff game I completely disagree...

Discuss Thrower 09-26-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10021085)
I went to grad school after. And I'll admit I had a head start.

Yeah well I love playing golf and videogames.

That doesn't pay very well so I'm going to need a real job.

vailpass 09-26-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10021114)

Golf pays like a mofo, even if your just above average...hang in there, find your niche.

Rausch 09-26-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10021114)

How about making golf games suck less...

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021089)
Allen does suck. I guess if I have to find a compliment he has made a play or 2 in the running game. Hudson has done his part in pass protection but gets little or no push in the running game. Big John is ****ing beastly when it comes to being squared up vs the defender in the running game. I'm not saying he's perfect but I'd argue he's BY FAR the best run blocker on this line.

The bottom line is that Asamoah is not a complete lineman and at this point, four years in, it's unlikely that he ever reaches that goal.

The Franchise 09-26-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021125)
The bottom line is that Asamoah is not a complete lineman and at this point, four years in, it's unlikely that he ever reaches that goal.

Hopefully we found a gem in Kush.

saphojunkie 09-26-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021112)
If by "right now" you mean a rebuilding year after complete ineptitude then yes.

If by "right now" you think we can win a playoff game I completely disagree...

By "right now" I mean through the first three games. We'll see what happens down the road.

A Kendrick Lewis injury or facing a killer passing attack that forces us to score at will...

We haven't been tested the way we will be. But for right now, the plan is working.

Rausch 09-26-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10021131)

A Kendrick Lewis injury or facing a killer passing attack that forces us to score at will...

Oh, so............**** me. Lewis is now a valued part of this defense?

Nice.

Nice to have someone else aboard...

saphojunkie 09-26-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021136)

Nice.

I like Demps. I really do. But Kendrick is playing like he did pre-shoulder right now. I'm growing more and more certain that he and Berry were nowhere near 100% last year, even when neither was on the injury list.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10021129)
Hopefully we found a gem in Kush.

I've been saying for weeks (if you hadn't noticed) that my hope is that Kush is ready to take over the center spot in time for the Bye Week. Move Hudson to left and Schwartz to right.

One can dream...

keg in kc 09-26-2013 10:27 AM

I think Kush is a longer-term project.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10021147)
I like Demps. I really do. But Kendrick is playing like he did pre-shoulder right now. I'm growing more and more certain that he and Berry were nowhere near 100% last year, even when neither was on the injury list.

The problem with Lewis is that a hangnail will cause him to miss four weeks

Mav 09-26-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10021110)
Regarding Charles, he's actually touched the ball (and scored) more times in 2013 than he had in 2012 through three games, although he has 22 fewer yards:

70 touches for 375 yards and 3 TD
64 touches for 397 yards and 1 TD

He accounts for, right now, 57.8% of the teams rushes, 22.9% of the team's targets on passing plays, 28.1% of the team's receptions and 37.5% of the team's total yardage.

All this without a breakout game like NO in week 3 last year.

I think they know where their bread is buttered.

That is part of the problem that isn't discussed really at all.

There is absolutely no depth behind Charles. Well, hell, on offense there really isn't any depth anywhere.

I don't know and wont pretend to but every time Knile Davis touches the ball, I hold my breath that he doesn't fumble. And if Alex Smith isn't throwing to bowe or avery, or Charles. Who is he throwing to?

Hopefully certainly not McCluster.

Mav 09-26-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021136)

Nice.

I don't know much about lewis. I am trying to take a wait and see approach with all of the Chiefs players that I didn't know.

The only thing I have saw from Lewis, was just a god awful angle that allowed Mike Vick to rush for that really long gain.

Other than that, I really haven't noticed much of him. Maybe that's a good thing?

Although, Sean Smith, and Berry have flashed very well for the secondary.

Beef Supreme 09-26-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10021097)
Keep at it, giving single mothers their start is a noble calling...:)

Just ask any welfare leach with 10 kids from 6 different women.

GoChargers 09-26-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020883)
Was waiting patiently for this bullshit.

I love the attitude that because he's not turning the ball over, it's OK to not be able to score.

Geno Smith. 6 INT's.

YOU CAN'T WIN TURNING THE BALL OVER.

Drew Brees. 4 INT's.

Matt Schaub. 4 INT's.

Jay Cutler. Andy Dalton.

This is the most annoying argument from the Smiff slurpers. They don't understand that a few picks are an acceptable cost in exchange for the benefits of testing the other team's secondary, possibly drawing a couple of bullshit PI calls on the other team's defense, and putting lots of points on the board.

Rausch 09-26-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10021169)
Just ask any welfare leach with 10 kids from 6 different women.

Why is this in here?...

RealSNR 09-26-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021152)
I've been saying for weeks (if you hadn't noticed) that my hope is that Kush is ready to take over the center spot in time for the Bye Week. Move Hudson to left and Schwartz to right.

One can dream...

Did you see anything out of him in the preseason that has gone missed by most people?

The 2nd string offensive line was actually not all that bad when facing other backups. I didn't zero in on Kush too much because I was mostly watching the WRs.

keg in kc 09-26-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10021157)
That is part of the problem that isn't discussed really at all.

There is absolutely no depth behind Charles. Well, hell, on offense there really isn't any depth anywhere.

I don't know and wont pretend to but every time Knile Davis touches the ball, I hold my breath that he doesn't fumble. And if Alex Smith isn't throwing to bowe or avery, or Charles. Who is he throwing to?

Hopefully certainly not McCluster.

There's plenty of depth at RB. I would assume Cyrus Gray would take over should JC go down. There's also plenty of depth at other positions on offense, more than this team has had in years. As for receiver, Hemmingway could I think easily step in there.

The only problem spot right now is TE, and that's because they've lost the top three of them to injury since camp (if you include Moeaki).

Rausch 09-26-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10021172)
This is the most annoying argument from the Smiff slurpers. They don't understand that a few picks are an acceptable cost in exchange for the benefits of testing the other team's secondary, possibly drawing a couple of bullshit PI calls on the other team's defense, and putting lots of points on the board.

Smith will never, ever, be what he could be because he's playing QB like a beaten wife...