ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

bevischief 02-27-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9444981)
Like many of you I think we are over paying for his services, and I hate giving up our 2nd round pick. It would be a bit better if we were swapping 2nd round picks, but we are still going to miss out on some great talent. The strength of this draft was its depth, no we will miss out on all of that. Fu@k

This.

L.A. Chieffan 02-27-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9445000)
I'm anxious to hear about his contract -- he only had one year remaining with SF...

They got their man. They should extend him as soon as possible to show they have full faith in him.

slimdagreat 02-27-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9445009)
ROFL

I can't wait until draft day when every team in the league knows they've painted themselves in a corner.

They're stuck with the #1 pick, nobody wants it.

They just need to get Joeckel a contract now and cement themselves as idiots.

Luckily there's a rookie wage scale now so no more $80mil guaranteed 1st picks

KCDC 02-27-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9444527)
Strike one against Andy Reid and John Dorsey.

My thoughts exactly

What have we Chiefs fans done to be punished so badly? No team is as pathetic as the Raiders, but we are racing to catch up.

Another dark day for the franchise.

slimdagreat 02-27-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9445026)
They got their man. They should extend him as soon as possible to show they have full faith in him.

I'm willing to bet he gets a similar deal to what Cassel initially got.

FringeNC 02-27-2013 11:44 AM

When the Chiefs traded for Matt Cassel, I deferred to Pioli's supposed insider knowledge of how good Cassel was, but argued that he was betting his tenure as GM on the deal. Alex Smith is more a known commodity than Matt Cassel, and he's simply not that good. Unless Reid is really the QB guru he thinks he is, these guys went all in on a losing hand, just like Pioli.

Frosty 02-27-2013 11:45 AM

Remember when we all laughed at the Raiders for what they gave up for Palmer? :facepalm:

saphojunkie 02-27-2013 11:45 AM

New banner:

WRONG ****ING SMITH.

And then the plane can crop dust human shit on arrowhead, since that's what they do to us.

Mr. Laz 02-27-2013 11:45 AM

Alex Smith's contract

2012: $5 million base salary (fully guaranteed); $3 million roster bonus; $1.25 million in likely-to-be-earned incentives; $1.75 million in unlikely incentives.

2013: $7.5 million base salary ($1 million guaranteed); $1 million roster bonus; $1.25 million in likely-to-be-earned incentives; $1.75 million in unlikely incentives.

2014: $7.5 million base salary; $1.25 million in likely-to-be-earned incentives; $1.75 million in unlikely incentives.

What it means: Smith was guaranteed $9 million upon signing ($10.5 million with injury guarantees), but this could well be a deal that runs a year and is worth only that much. The 2013 roster bonus is due in March, and if Smith is on the roster on April 1 of next year, his $7.5 million base salary will be guaranteed. If they cut him before the roster bonus comes due, they only owe him the $1 million guarantee. So, at least from a practical standpoint, the Niners will have to make a decision next March if Smith will be the starter for 2013.

Ultra Peanut 02-27-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9444965)
I'm dead inside

http://i.imgur.com/suFvzHS.gif

HolyHat 02-27-2013 11:45 AM

Fuel the ****ing plane, get the funds together for the banners.

stonedstooge 02-27-2013 11:45 AM

So we give up two 2nd's for a guy that would have been cut by the 49er's?

L.A. Chieffan 02-27-2013 11:45 AM

You guys should be happy this means no more Cassel. Hes officially gone!

This is what you wanted, no?

Frazod 02-27-2013 11:46 AM

Well, shit. :sulk:

Chris Meck 02-27-2013 11:46 AM

Well, this is a bummer.

For the record, I don't think Smith = Cassel, but I also don't think he's good enough to win you a super bowl.

I think his ceiling is a Trent Green type.

Only way this trade works for me is if we somehow get....oh, Barkley or someone to groom behind him.

Maybe somebody will want to move up for Geno?

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2013 11:46 AM

It isnt official yet. We still have 2 weeks to ****ing kill these fools.

Megbert 02-27-2013 11:46 AM

I'm punching the next baby I see.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-27-2013 11:47 AM

Donald Stephenson ‏@Don59Wayne

I believe we have to best QB that was out there!! #ChiefsNation

leothedog69 02-27-2013 11:47 AM

To all you Chief fans...Listen Up.
You just got a very good QB. No Joke.
Alex Smith took my Niners to 1 muffed punt away from last year's Super Bowl.
He was on his way to taking them there again when he got hurt and Kaep came in and, well, you all know the story.

Alex Smith can play the game. His problem before Harbaugh came on board was he didn't have the supporting cast around him, coaching was terrible, and the offensive corrdinators were coming through revolving doors. Once he grasped Harbuagh's system, he really began to shine.

He can throw the ball with accuracy, he can be mobile (Not like Kaep though), and he won't hurt you with mistakes. *He threw 5 interceptions all last year.*
When he lost his job this year, he has the NFL's highest completion percentage and a 104 QB rating.
He's also a major Class Act. Just look at how he handled his demotion.

I have one question...How strong is your Offensive Line? If they can give him time in the pocket and open holes for your running game, your QB position will be taken care of for a number of years to come.

I'll leave it at this: Give him a chance. Don't judge him now. Judge him after 4 or 5 games. I think you will like what you see. I really do.

Good Luck to you all and Alex in KC.

Kiimo 02-27-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9445069)
Donald Stephenson ‏@Don59Wayne

I believe we have to best QB that was out there!! #ChiefsNation

**** you, Donald Stephenson. You should be Russell Wilson.

KevB 02-27-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9445047)
Fuel the ****ing plane, get the funds together for the banners.

It's pointless. We're locked in for at least three years (and probably more) of this same shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-27-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9445014)
well, if you will pardon me, im going outside now to remove the KC plate from my car. Ive had enough.
Posted via Mobile Device

aaaaand...done.
Posted via Mobile Device

GoChargers 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9445019)
great idea, except I can't see anybody trading up for Joeckel

The Chargers and Eagles probably would, considering how desperate both teams are for O-line help.

saphojunkie 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9445056)
Well, this is a bummer.

For the record, I don't think Smith = Cassel, but I also don't think he's good enough to win you a super bowl.

Only way this trade works for me is if we somehow get....oh, Barkley or someone to groom behind him.

WE GAVE UP THE 2ND ROUND PICK WHERE WE WOULD GET THAT QB.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

mnchiefsguy 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

The 49ers must be ****ing trading masters. No one else wanted Smith, and somehow they got not 1, but 2 ****ing high draft picks for him. Complete and utter bullshit.

dirk digler 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

WTF? I just can't believe this.

KevB 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZORChiefFan (Post 9445063)
I'm punching the next baby I see.

Don't forget to kick the puppy licking it's face

ratchet 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

I think we're trading down the first pick to get couple more high picks.

notorious 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

Wow. Just wow.

the Talking Can 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leothedog69 (Post 9445073)
He was on his way to taking them there again when he got hurt and Kaep came in and, well, you all know the story.

Alex Smith can play the game. His problem before Harbaugh came on board was he didn't have the supporting cast around him, coaching was terrible, and the offensive corrdinators were coming through revolving doors. Once he grasped Harbuagh's system, he really began to shine.

He can throw the ball with accuracy, he can be mobile (Not like Kaep though), and he won't hurt you with mistakes. *He threw 5 interceptions all last year.*
When he lost his job this year, he has the NFL's highest completion percentage and a 104 QB rating.

I have one question...How strong is your Offensive Line? If they can give him time in the pocket and open holes for your running game, your QB position will be taken care of for a number of years to come.

I'll leave it at this: Give him a chance. Don't judge him now. Judge him after 4 or 5 games. I think you will like what you see. I really do.

yeah, we should all get on our knees and thank jesus for getting your trash

hey everyone, another back up QB that a real team benched!!

yay!!!

why waste 30 years when we can waste 40???

die

RealSNR 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9444527)
Strike one against Andy Reid and John Dorsey.

We're not doing strikes with this kind of bullshit. Strike one would have been trading for Alex Smith at a reasonable price. They gave up the farm. The #34 overall in a draft year when that pick is INSANELY valuable.

If we're trying to find strike value, this is Strike 328. It's unforgivable.

B14ckmon 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

Chiefs fans on twitter seem to be largely positive about the move.

FringeNC 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

Evidently, Reid likes Alex Smith a lot more than Foles. Can't imagine the Eagles wouldn't have given us Foles for this package.

Dayze 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

can someone help me find that list of QBs he was benched in favor of?

philfree 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

Someone needs to send an e=mail, a letter or something that explains to the dumb asses why this is wrong. I didn't suffer through the last six seasons to end up with the 1st pick in the draft to trade for someone else shit QB. I deserve for this team to draft a muther ****ing 1st round franchise QB. Chiefs fans deserve to draft their own franchise QB. At least ****ing try. We've picked 5th, 3rd and 5th and now 1st in the last six years and we don't attempt to draft a franchise QB? Clark Hunt needs to quit hiring people an letting them make this decision. He needs to take control of his business and tell the guys he hires that we're drafting a QB in the 1st. The damn dumbass............................................................................................. .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ..............:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::c uss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::c

morphius 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

Well, we better be looking at WR's, not tackles, because with out some serious studs we are in trouble.

Kiimo 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

I am going to try and be as civil to you as possible because you're probably a nice person.

This quarterback isn't good enough for you, why should he be good enough for us?

Why should we give TWO SECOND ROUND PICKS to your franchise when you just went to the Superbowl?

Please don't act like anything at all just happened here than your team ass raping ours in this horrific, deplorable trade. I'm sick of this BS.

Frosty 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

In the game he went 1 for 14 on 3rd down conversions...

No thanks to Elvis Bono.

notorious 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

Wake up from this nightmare, please wake up.

ThatRaceCardGuy 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

Im beyond pissed! WE GAVE UP TWO SECOND ROUND PICKS FOR ALEX ****ING SMITH!!! NO GENO NO FIRST ROUND QB. NOW WE'RE PROBALYING TRADING DOWN SPOTS FOR YET ANOTHER ****ING BUST DEFENSIVE TACKLE ...**** this ROTTEN franchise! **** this team! **** Reid! **** Dorsey! **** CLARK HUNT...**** THIS ENTIRE GOTDAMN CURSED 49ER QB RETREED LOVING FRANCHISE KNOWN AS THE QUEFS!!!! IM OUT IM DONE **** THEM!

Skyy God 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9445056)
Well, this is a bummer.

Only if they think they need to jump Jax.

saphojunkie 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9445087)
The Chargers and Eagles probably would, considering how desperate both teams are for O-line help.

Why the **** would anyone trade up for joeckel when they can sit tight and get Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson or just draft Warmack or Cooper and sign one of the free agent left tackles available this offseason.

There's a ****ing dearth at QB and a surplus at left tackle.

This franchise is cursed.

GoChargers 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Alex Smith ****ing sucks. Game manager in every sense of the word. Chiefs fans deserve better, in all honesty.

YayMike 02-27-2013 11:51 AM

This is a joke right? A 2nd +??????????

Wow.....i'm too numb to be pissed.

keg in kc 02-27-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9445108)
Well, we better be looking at WR's, not tackles, because with some serious studs we are in trouble.

Yeah, they need speed on the outside (and in the slot for that matter) in the worst way.

Unfortunately with no second, how in the world do they get it. Overdraft cordarrelle patterson?

htismaqe 02-27-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9445049)
You guys should be happy this means no more Cassel. Hes officially gone!

This is what you wanted, no?

**** you.

KevB 02-27-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 9445018)
How does everyone else feel? mad? i am honestly heartbroken. Its just sad.

pissed, heart-broken, dumbfounded, irate.....all of the above

mnchiefsguy 02-27-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9445101)

Someone please ban this ass and send him back to a Jags board.

Dayze 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

Cassel needs more snaps.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9445101)

The masses are blind sheep... and stupid.

B14ckmon 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9445130)
Someone please ban this ass and send him back to a Jags board.

Why? I am a fellow Twins and Celtics fan.

mr. tegu 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

The worst part about this is that it makes it that much more certain that we say goodbye to Albert and hello to Joekel.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratchet (Post 9445096)
I think we're trading down the first pick to get couple more high picks.

ROFL

Nobody wants that pick, especially not now.

Are you really that ****ing stupid?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

Benjamin Allbright‏@NFLDraftMonster

Got to give credit where due. No one officially put their name on the Smith to KC trade before @PFCentral

KevB 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9445118)
Why the **** would anyone trade up for joeckel when they can sit tight and get Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson or just draft Warmack or Cooper and sign one of the free agent left tackles available this offseason.

There's a ****ing dearth at QB and a surplus at left tackle.

This franchise is cursed.

Exactly. Chiefs will take Joke-al, Chargers will sign Albert and draft Warmack. Game over.

okcchief 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9445091)
The 49ers must be ****ing trading masters. No one else wanted Smith, and somehow they got not 1, but 2 ****ing high draft picks for him. Complete and utter bullshit.

My wife is a Niners fan, and since the Chiefs just got raped by them, and like to recycle their trash I'm thinking I might as well be one too. I wish I could quit this piece of shit team, but my stupid ass will calm down and I'll end up giving this a chance. I hate myself.

Frosty 02-27-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9445124)
Yeah, they need speed on the outside (and in the slot for that matter) in the worst way.

Unfortunately with no second, how in the world do they get it. Overdraft cordarrelle patterson?

We better hope to hell now that Chip Kelly falls in love with Geno and wants to trade up in front of Jax and Oakland.

YayMike 02-27-2013 11:53 AM

what team in their right mind would trade up with us at #1 knowing our hand is tipped, we won't take a QB, and that we are STUCK with the pick.

This shit doesn't make sense......

mnchiefsguy 02-27-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9445128)
pissed, heart-broken, dumbfounded, irate.....all of the above

Yep, I feel completely let down and hollow on the inside. If we had just given up a 5th round pick, I could justify it to myself and say "Let's see what happens"...but 2 2nd round picks...one of which is practically a first rounder...that makes this the worst trade since the Vikes traded the farm for Herschel Walker.

KevB 02-27-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9445138)
ROFL

Nobody wants that pick, especially not now.

Are you really that ****ing stupid?

Somebody would trade up for a 4th.....yippeeeee

Hoover 02-27-2013 11:53 AM

We traded a top 2nd round pick for a guy that has only had 3 games in his ENTIRE career where he has passed for more than 300 yard. He had on in 2012, one in 2010, and one in 2009. Two of them were in losses.

He is Matt Cassel

Dayze 02-27-2013 11:53 AM

typical Chiefs regarding shitty QBs. "We can fix them"

Ming the Merciless 02-27-2013 11:53 AM

I cannot believe we blew our ****ing load and traded a second round #1 pick....and another next year

We couldve gotten him for less

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

In58men 02-27-2013 11:54 AM

I'm done with the Chiefs.

This is too much

Rasputin 02-27-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootlegged (Post 9444650)
Good news. Geno would have been interesting, but AS is better than 1/2 the league.

Now get some CB/WR/DT(E)'s.

Neg rep **** you true asshole fan.

Dayze 02-27-2013 11:54 AM

Reid is going to get crucified if he even remotely resebles Cassel.

B14ckmon 02-27-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Branden Albert ‏@Balbert76

“@JSiedlak: @Balbert76 Better out your house on the market, Joekel is going to happen at #1” haha ok
Wow that JSiedlak is quite the asshole.

BTAU 02-27-2013 11:54 AM

Clayton says its this years 2nd and a conditional mid-round in 2014.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...-chiefs-source

The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft -- the second selection (No. 34 overall) in the round -- as well as another conditional mid-round pick in 2014 to acquire Smith from San Francisco, a league source told ESPN.

AndChiefs 02-27-2013 11:55 AM

I think I might be broken. I'm almost laughing at the in-credulousness of this.

RealSNR 02-27-2013 11:55 AM

Of course 49ers are going to be nice to us and say positive things about Alex Smith.

WE JUST PRACTICALLY GAVE THEM A ****ING DYNASTY.

In this draft, the #34 pick represents a franchise cornerstone-type guy. That's unusual to find that kind of value.

Give somebody $5000 on the street and see if they're nice to you.

That's what we just did.

HemiEd 02-27-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9444994)
I was all for acquiring QBs any way you can... this team has to fix the position. But that's way too much to give up if true. Now you can't even draft a QB in early round 2, an area where you can have success (Brees/Dalton/Kaepernick, etc.) If they'd traded a 4th for A. Smith and then drafted someone in round 2, I at least could've understood the logic, even if I didn't agree with it.

Instead they're going all in, sink or swim. Good luck. They better be right.
Posted via Mobile Device

Insanity= keep trying the same thing and hoping for different results= KCCHIEFS

KevB 02-27-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9445134)
The masses are blind sheep... and stupid.

Already dealt with this at work. It's mind-numbing, and I'm dumber for having discussed it with them. They're good with it, and now excited that we can go strengthen our offensive line with Joke-al.

As fun as the Peterson years were with the dominant running game, it's been a terrible influence on the sheep.

Dayze 02-27-2013 11:56 AM

we love us some Shitty 49er QBs.

ReynardMuldrake 02-27-2013 11:56 AM

Is there ANY chance we take a QB at #1 now?

B14ckmon 02-27-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9445171)
Of course 49ers are going to be nice to us and say positive things about Alex Smith.

WE JUST PRACTICALLY GAVE THEM A ****ING DYNASTY.

In this draft, the #34 pick represents a franchise cornerstone-type guy. That's unusual to find that kind of value.

Give somebody $5000 on the street and see if they're nice to you.

That's what we just did.

I'm going to bet 49ers plan on trading that pick and swapping their first to move up for someone.

Imon Yourside 02-27-2013 11:56 AM

If the trade can't take place until mid march we have the time to create a rift between KC and SF. Let's do it!

mr. tegu 02-27-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9445149)
We traded a top 2nd round pick for a guy that has only had 3 games in his ENTIRE career where he has passed for more than 300 yard. He had on in 2012, one in 2010, and one in 2009. Two of them were in losses.

He is Matt Cassel

Wow. Just wow. :cuss:

Jim Jones 02-27-2013 11:56 AM

Alex Smith ****ing sucks. There is no defense of this move. TWO SECOND ROUND PICKS?! **** me.

Direckshun 02-27-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9445149)

He is Matt Cassel

Mother of god.

Marco Polo 02-27-2013 11:57 AM

I think I'm done. Does that mean no more coming to CP? Possibly.