ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark is on 610 right now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268760)

Mr. Kotter 01-11-2013 02:05 PM

Walter Football's Most recent write-up of Smith:

1/12/13: Smith started out 2012 on fire. He was a dominant force before getting shut down against Texas Tech and Kansas State. Smith played better in November even though West Virginia was in a losing streak.

Smith has completed 71 percent of his passes this season for 4,205 yards, 42 touchdowns and six interceptions. He had one of the most prolific games in college football history by completing 45-of-51 for 656 yards, eight touchdowns and zero interceptions against Baylor.

The senior signal-caller has an excellent skill set. He is showing his intelligence and field vision by working through his progressions and looking off safeties. Smith has some natural accuracy with good arm strength to make all the throws. He can fire some fastballs into tight windows with phenomenal ball placement to hit receivers in stride.

Smith's plus mobility allows him to pick up first downs with his feet and bail out his offensive line. He needs to work on sustaining drives as he struggled when Texas Tech and Kansas State took away the deep part of the field. Smith will need to improve his footwork for the NFL. He needs to become more uniform with good feet to get in rhythm.

Molitoth 01-11-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 9306079)
I quoted it because it was striking...and apparently only one misguided critics crappy opinion, I guess.

Yeah, I wasn't coming down on you for that... I know you were just quoting someone else there.

Regardless, I don't know what games that guy was watching. You can see beautiful deep chocolate balls in almost every Geno game this season.
And you won't see many inaccurate incompletions, considering his completion % is so high.

HolyHat 01-11-2013 02:05 PM

If USC had Geno Smith....HOLY SHIT BATMAN

Mr. Kotter 01-11-2013 02:05 PM

Barkley:

1/12/13: Barkley had a rough senior season that has caused his stock to decline. He never had an elite physical skill set, but the decision-making problems are the most worrisome. In Barkley's defense, his offensive line was horrible. He was under heat all season as USC really missed Matt Kalil.

Barkley completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,273 yards, 36 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in 2012. The senior didn't play well against Stanford or Washington, and was just average against California. He had underwhelming games versus UCLA and Arizona, too. Barkley injured his shoulder against the Bruins and was unable to play against Notre Dame or Georgia Tech.

8/16/12: Barkley proved himself to be a safe prospect during the 2011 season. He laid claim to the Trojans' starting quarterback position as a freshman and completed 59.9 percent of his passes for 2,735 yards and 15 touchdowns, but also threw 14 interceptions. In 12 games in 2010, the 6-foot-2, 220 pounder improved his production by completing 62.6 percent of his passes for 2,791 yards with 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

Barkley had many prolific passing games as a junior in 2011, including throwing for six touchdown passes against UCLA and Colorado. He also led USC to a signature road win over Oregon. Barkley completed 69 percent of his passes for 3,528 yards with 39 touchdowns and only seven interceptions.

The senior's improved decision making is exactly the kind of progress NFL scouts will be pleased to see, plus he comes from a pro-style offense and has good intangibles. Barkley has mastered the West Coast offense and is well-prepared for the NFL.

jd1020 01-11-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9306092)
If USC had Geno Smith....HOLY SHIT BATMAN

"No to USC QBs. They are all garbage."

Mr. Kotter 01-11-2013 02:06 PM

They haven't updated Wilson's yet:

8/16/12: Wilson completed 63 percent of his passes in 2011 for 3,638 yards with 24 touchdowns and six interceptions. The 6-foot-3, 220-pounder has good field vision, a strong arm and accuracy. He played better as the year progressed.

Wilson has the look of an NFL quarterback. He stands tall in the pocket and reads defenses well. The decision making the junior displayed last season was very impressive.

Wilson has a strong arm and is an accurate passer. He demonstrated the ability to push the ball outside the numbers in 2011, moving the ball down the field with precision passes. Wilson also has nice mobility to buy time or pick up yards on the ground. With his size, arm and intellect, he will most likely be viewed as a possible safe pick to scouts.

Wilson played a little bit in 2010 as a backup to Ryan Mallett. Wilson completed 34-of-51 passes for 453 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions.

The 2012 season figures to be a challenging year for Wilson even though he received good preparation for the pro game from Bobby Petrino. Petrino has been fired and the Arkansas program is in turmoil. To make things harder, Wilson lost a bunch of good receivers.

Easy 6 01-11-2013 02:07 PM

LMAO at this thread.

The Reid honeymoon is OVER bitches!

Now lets get back to telling each other just how ****ing STUPID we are.

MIAdragon 01-11-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 9305992)
I've talked with some SC fans who would strongly disagree... :shrug:

Of course they don't, they can will him to greatness all they want, but at the end of the day he is what he is, a Mark Cassel clone.

Mr. Kotter 01-11-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9306090)
Yeah, I wasn't coming down on you for that... I know you were just quoting someone else there.

Regardless, I don't know what games that guy was watching. You can see beautiful deep chocolate balls in almost every Geno game this season.
And you won't see many inaccurate incompletions, considering his completion % is so high.

Walter references it a bit here:

Smith's plus mobility allows him to pick up first downs with his feet and bail out his offensive line. He needs to work on sustaining drives as he struggled when Texas Tech and Kansas State took away the deep part of the field. Smith will need to improve his footwork for the NFL. He needs to become more uniform with good feet to get in rhythm.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Molitoth 01-11-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

He needs to work on sustaining drives as he struggled when Texas Tech and Kansas State took away the deep part of the field.
While I agree with this assessment, you have to take into consideration that Geno was playing from behind a LOT of time due to the terrible defense. He relied on the deep ball to get his team back into games quickly. TTech and Kstate game planned against this and that is why they got stomped.

Also, with Charles in the backfield and a good Chiefs running game, defenses are going to have to prepare for the run. Either Smith is going to eat up a defense with the deep pass, or Charles is in the run game. There will be no more stacking of the box.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9305823)
To me with Andy Reid right now, I think Barkley is going to be the target.

I wouldn't love it, but with Reid as the coach, Barkley would work.

I've said for awhile that Barkley's going to be a solid QB in this league but he will absolutely have to go to a WCO. Well Reid's his guy then.

On the other hand, Reid has generally favored a more aggressive WCO; it uses the hitches, outs, etc... to utilize all 4 intermediate zones, but he also likes to push the ball upfield to keep defenders honest.

To my eyes, he's the most aggressive of the WCO practitioners. Can Barkley really thrive if Reid is trying to push the ball downfield? Oh, and can we really use 1.1 on a guy who's shoulder may/may not be sound?

Barkley is a sensible option, but certainly not my favorite.

ptlyon 01-11-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9306097)
LMAO at this thread.

Back to old times! Just like Mcdonalds!

HolyHat 01-11-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9306090)

If you dont enjoy beautiful deep chocolate balls, you're a bad american.

Baby Lee 01-11-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9305911)
I don't know why either party would want to. I just don't think Cassel is as gone as I thought he was before Reid was hired. His responses on that call indicated to me that he thinks the coaching was the problem moreso than the QBs themselves.

Bottom line, if Cassel stays I won't be shocked.

Show him the footage of upright doinks from a 20 yard Hail Mary, fleaflickers that wander right back up the center's butt, throwing directly into the oncoming pass rusher's shins, and ask him who exactly coached that.

ChiefsCountry 01-11-2013 02:20 PM

Yeah USC is so ****ing talented they can plug anybody in and still kick ass:
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=323660059
14/37
107 yards
1 TD
3 INT

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=323290030
14/28
186 yards
1 TD
2 INT

USC went from scoring 39.7 to 10 a game without Barkley.
Passing yards went from 327.3 per game to 146.5.

But its all about the WRs that USC has. Any QB can step in and be a superstar.

ILChief 01-11-2013 02:23 PM

IF we are determined to trade down I would trade down very far. Five or six would be the farthest

HolyHat 01-11-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9306143)
14/37
107 yards
1 TD
3 INT

14/28
186 yards
1 TD
2 INT

Sure, Barkley has had 4 years. The kid that stepped in for him had 4 minutes.

Bewbies 01-11-2013 02:27 PM

The two biggest differences between Barkley and Cassel is that Barkley was at least good enough to play QB in college.

Also, Fat Scott will never be writing Barkley a $63,000,000 check.

ChiefsCountry 01-11-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9306154)
Sure, Barkley has had 4 years. The kid that stepped in for him had 4 minutes.

But your dumbass said anybody can step in and be a stud at USC. Apparently that isn't the case ****head.

ct 01-11-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306109)
I wouldn't love it, but with Reid as the coach, Barkley would work.

I've said for awhile that Barkley's going to be a solid QB in this league but he will absolutely have to go to a WCO. Well Reid's his guy then.

On the other hand, Reid has generally favored a more aggressive WCO; it uses the hitches, outs, etc... to utilize all 4 intermediate zones, but he also likes to push the ball upfield to keep defenders honest.

To my eyes, he's the most aggressive of the WCO practitioners. Can Barkley really thrive if Reid is trying to push the ball downfield? Oh, and can we really use 1.1 on a guy who's shoulder may/may not be sound?

Barkley is a sensible option, but certainly not my favorite.

I think you're on top of it. He runs a WCO based system, but most definitely wants to stretch the defense often. I don't see Barkley as a fit at all personally. But what do I know right? I'd still take Geno #1.

HolyHat 01-11-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9306170)
But your dumbass said anybody can step in and be a stud at USC. Apparently that isn't the case ****head.

Real Mature. You can keep using google for you Barkley stats and what not while the rest of us have an adult conversation. You take things so personal. Relax. In case you forgot we are on the same team here. But whatever makes you feel better about pissing on your balls

ChiefsCountry 01-11-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9306183)
Real Mature. You can keep using google for you Barkley stats and what not while the rest of us have an adult conversation. You take things so personal. Relax. In case you forgot we are on the same team here. But whatever makes you feel better about pissing on your balls

Bitter. You are an idiot. Don't say stupid shit and when its backed up by facts cry like a little girl.

HolyHat 01-11-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9306236)
Bitter. You are an idiot. Don't say stupid shit and when its backed up by facts cry like a little girl.

Who's the one crying? And what facts did you present?

Are you somehow related to Barkley?

Bewbies 01-11-2013 02:55 PM

Would you bitches **** and get it over with?

ChiefsCountry 01-11-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9306087)
You can plug in just about any QB with some sort of skill at USC. Thats what i'm saying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9306243)
Who's the one crying? And what facts did you present?

Are you somehow related to Barkley?

This douche.

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9306087)
You can plug in just about any QB with some sort of skill at USC. Thats what i'm saying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9306143)
14/37
107 yards
1 TD
3 INT

14/28
186 yards
1 TD
2 INT

O.city 01-11-2013 02:59 PM

Barkley doesnt' have a cannon but he's PLENTY good enough to be successful if in the right system.

Which is pretty much the same with any QB in the league. There are 1 or 2 guys at QB int he NFL right now who would fit in any scheme. For the most part, you have to match the QB up with the right system.

Ace Gunner 01-11-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9306097)
LMAO at this thread.

ROFL rep

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9306257)
Barkley doesnt' have a cannon but he's PLENTY good enough to be successful if in the right system.

Which is pretty much the same with any QB in the league. There are 1 or 2 guys at QB int he NFL right now who would fit in any scheme. For the most part, you have to match the QB up with the right system.

But is that system Andy Reids? And if so, what is it that Barkley has that someone a round later wouldn't? Is he just another Dalton?

I think it's fair to ask if it makes sense to use a pick that high on someone that's only going to succeed because the system is so QB friendly.

O.city 01-11-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306270)
But is that system Andy Reids? And if so, what is it that Barkley has that someone a round later wouldn't? Is he just another Dalton?

I think it's fair to ask if it makes sense to use a pick that high on someone that's only going to succeed because the system is so QB friendly.

I wasn't saying specifically here, just a generality statement.

I absolutely don't want another Dalton.

I think at this point, it'll be Wilson or Smith. Both have potential upside to be not just managers but legit QB's.

FringeNC 01-11-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

You could also make an argument that you could stick any QB in an Air Raid offense, and he's going to put up scary numbers:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...942/seth-doege

Very, very similar to Geno's numbers, and no Tayvon Austin.

Evaluating college QBs is tough. No one thinks Doege is a legit prospect, despite having nearly the same stats as Smith.

HolyHat 01-11-2013 03:11 PM

How someone could want Barkley over Geno or even Tyler Wilson blows my mind. Barkley will never be able to stay healthy for a full season in my opinion.

HolyHat 01-11-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9306284)
You could also make an argument that you could stick any QB in an Air Raid offense, and he's going to put up scary numbers:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...942/seth-doege

Very, very similar to Geno's numbers, and no Tayvon Austin.

Evaluating college QBs is tough. No one thinks Doege is a legit prospect, despite having nearly the same stats as Smith.

Ummmm....by very similiar you mean more than double the number of interceptions? Come on dude. JFC

petegz28 01-11-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9306290)
How someone could want Barkley over Geno or even Tyler Wilson blows my mind. Barkley will never be able to stay healthy for a full season in my opinion.

Personally I like Bray but I think he is one that has to ride the pine a year.

HolyHat 01-11-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9306317)
Personally I like Bray but I think he is one that has to ride the pine a year.

I like Bray as well

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9306328)
I like Bray as well

Do you like his douchey tattoo?

Hammock Parties 01-11-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9305823)
To me with Andy Reid right now, I think Barkley is going to be the target.

Why?

Barkley moves like he's wearing concrete shoes.

That doesn't fit Reid's QB profile.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9305892)
They'll take Geno. Reid's offense uses the deep ball a lot more than other WCO's, which makes Smith a tailor-made fit. If Jon Gruden were our coach I could see Barkley.

http://i.imgur.com/eIW8f.gif

crazycoffey 01-11-2013 03:32 PM

just want to point out the misleading thread title...

CoMoChief 01-11-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

ROFL

RockChalk 01-11-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9305411)
They may be already worked out and he just prefers not to be announced until the GB season is officially over out of respect for the team.

I know in regards to coaches, they cannot sign with another team until their season is over, playoffs included. The same rule may apply to FO employees as well.

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9306421)
I know in regards to coaches, they cannot sign with another team until their season is over, playoffs included. The same rule may apply to FO employees as well.

Jax hired Caldwell from Atlanta.

milkman 01-12-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9305888)
So because McNabb was chocolate and Geno is chocolate this has to be the pick?....

Want to know how I know that you know jack shit?

Rausch 01-12-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9307833)
Want to know how I know that you know jack shit?

I keep conversing with you after 10 years of disagreements?...

milkman 01-12-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9307840)
I keep conversing with you after 10 years of disagreements?...

And you're still a dumbshit.

Proof that you can't fix stupid.

Rausch 01-12-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9307844)
And you're still a dumbshit.

Proof that you can't fix stupid.

Provide a solid connection between Geno and McNabb...

Rasputin 01-12-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9307846)

How about what Geno would bring to the table for productivity in the passing game? Huh? The kid is damn good. It wouldn't take long for Geno to pick up in an Andy Reid offense. Also durability & escape ability to extend plays much like what McNabb could do.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 11:08 AM

Geno is more accurate

milkman 01-12-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

There are others that have already given you the similarities, other than skin color.

You just refuse to acknowledge them.

That being said, I compare Geno to Aaron Rodgers moreso than to McNabb, because of the accuracy.

I have said, for the dumbshits that must compare black to black, that Warren Moon is a better comparison.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 11:11 AM

I think the Rodgers comparison is pretty spot on. Too bad no QB is worthy of the pick though!!!!

FringeNC 01-12-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9306296)
Ummmm....by very similiar you mean more than double the number of interceptions? Come on dude. JFC

Yeah, whatever. Both interception rates are low, and there's a lot of noise in those anyway. Both threw the ball a ton, and had fantastic yards per attempt. Not saying that Doege is a prospect, just suggesting that you can't really compare QBs in the Air Raid system to guys in other systems using stats alone, because the Air Raid offense is...better. A related point: how long will USC continue to use an antiquated offense? Even in the NFL, are so-called pro-style offenses on their way out?

Rasputin 01-12-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9307867)
There are others that have already given you the similarities, other than skin color.

You just refuse to acknowledge them.

That being said, I compare Geno to Aaron Rodgers moreso than to McNabb, because of the accuracy.

I have said, for the dumbshits that must compare black to black, that Warren Moon is a better comparison.

I like to compare Geno to Doug Williams a black QB who has won a Super Bowl :D

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9307892)
Yeah, whatever. Both interception rates are low, and there's a lot of noise in those anyway. Both threw the ball a ton, and had fantastic yards per attempt. Not saying that Doege is a prospect, just suggesting that you can't really compare QBs in the Air Raid system to guys in other systems using stats alone, because the Air Raid offense is...better. A related point: how long will USC continue to use an antiquated offense? Even in the NFL, are so-called pro-style offenses on their way out?

You do know we've actually WATCHED pretty much all of Geno's throws and not relied solely on "stats"? We think he's an NFL prospect because of his mobility, deep ball, accuracy, and work ethic.

CoMoChief 01-12-2013 11:37 AM

I compare Geno Smith to Tavaris Jackson

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 11:40 AM

Trollolol

milkman 01-12-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9307923)

I'd be really concerned about that comparison if I thought you had a single functioning brain cell.

FringeNC 01-12-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9307912)
You do know we've actually WATCHED pretty much all of Geno's throws and not relied solely on "stats"? We think he's an NFL prospect because of his mobility, deep ball, accuracy, and work ethic.

Yes, I understand that. But simply comparing his stats to Matt Barkley is unfair. Look, I hope we take a QB with the #1 pick. I'm just not as convinced as most on here that Geno Smith is obviously the best QB in the draft. Maybe he is, may he isn't. Six months ago, everyone though Matt Barkley was the guy. And no, I am not suggesting we take Barkley.

I thought Tim Couch and Mark Sanchez would be very good NFL QB, shows you how much I know -- projecting from college to the NFL is damn tough -- so many variables effect whether a guy will develop into a franchise QB. This isn't baseball where it is possible to look at a guy's minor league OPS and have a fair amount of accuracy in predicting a guy's major league stats.

Dorsey and Reid are going to evaluate the shit of these guys, and if Geno is their man, I'm fine with it. If it's Barkley or Wilson, I'm fine with it. They have access to information about unobservables that I don't, and presumably a skill set in analyzing the observables that I lack.

But if you want to second guess those guys and be a miserable Chiefs fan if they don't decide on Geno Smith, go ahead.

Priest31kc 01-12-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9307923)

ROFL

The Franchise 01-12-2013 12:12 PM

I can't wait until after the combines when all of the "experts" jump on Geno's nuts. It'll be funny watching the rest of the Chiefs fans try and hop on board as fast as possible.

Rasputin 01-12-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9307999)
I can't wait until after the combines when all of the "experts" jump on Geno's nuts. It'll be funny watching the rest of the Chiefs fans try and hop on board as fast as possible.

Same here.

Rugby Thompson 01-12-2013 12:26 PM

I'm having a hard time picturing Geno in a chiefs uniform, just seems like we're always shit out of luck when it comes to these players.

Knowing our history and luck, I could see Geno going to the jags or even buffalo.

HolyHat 01-12-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BASS1NhCEAE44Dq.png:large

HolyHat 01-12-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9307999)

:clap:

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

It doesn't matter how Geno compares to McNabb. It matters if he fits the system Reid likes to run. While you have backups like Kolb and Foles sprinkled in that run a traditional West Coast system from the pocket, most of Reid's successful offenses (McNabb, Garcia, Vick) were built around QBs who looked to throw first than used running as an escape route (Vick didn't always fit that bill, but he damn well tried. McNabb ran quite a bit, but much of that running was after he had exhausted a lot of his passing options).

Also keep in mind that Andy Reid doesn't typically have a very good offensive line, so you're not going to want a Tyler Wilson back there.

DaneMcCloud 09-02-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9306049)
Murray didn't declare. I don't think Reid will put his offense in the hands of Tyler Bray, a 21 year old kid with maturity issues. If he does select Bray, expect a stop-gap QB for at least a year, if not two.

Interdasting

AussieChiefsFan 09-02-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9932817)
Interdasting

Indeed.

http://i.imgur.com/x11v7.jpg