ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

Adept Havelock 05-07-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4737779)
I just picked this up tonight. I've never played any of them before.

I got it a couple of days ago, based on what I read in this thread. Haven't played the others, but I really enjoyed "The Godfather" on the 360 so I figured I'd give it a shot. Just looking at the map this version of NYC is a hell of a lot bigger.

I'll probably start it this weekend.

QuikSsurfer 05-07-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc (Post 4737812)
Finally got into the multiplayer. Played Cops n Crooks, GTA Race, Mafia Work, and some free roam. Cops n Crooks is great when you have a competent team. One of the times I was on the crooks team and we were driving down the road and the boss just jumped out all of a sudden and ran off. He was killed. Mafia work is alright. I played one game and when me and another guy won the first two things everyone else dropped out so it was just me and him for the rest of the time. GTA Race is lots of fun. Free Roam is what you'd expect. Oh and Turf War. Our team kicked the other team's ass.

I also tried to play hangman's noose but we couldn't get any other players. I did see the cutscene though. Its the airport scenario the only one?

Pretty much lag free as well.

That's a coop mission.. lasts about 15 minutes.

The Franchise 05-07-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4737707)
Adam Sessler kicks ass.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/51lYxX9uSFs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/51lYxX9uSFs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ROFL:clap:

Ultra Peanut 05-07-2008 10:58 AM

Wow, I had no idea how appropriate this song was (well, at least the part in the video with the rocket launcher):

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kDbGdoDXE4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kDbGdoDXE4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I just thought it was ****ing catchy.

Redrum_69 05-07-2008 10:59 AM

The game was super easy on the 360. Bought it at Midnight on the 29th, and beat it within 4 days.

I'm still missing one jump though.

xbarretx 05-07-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69 (Post 4738763)
The game was super easy on the 360. Bought it at Midnight on the 29th, and beat it within 4 days.

did you jsut run through and do mission after mission? come one Red, half of the fun of the game is not doing missions and just stealing the viper-esk cars and seeing what you can find and do within the city. i mean had to visit the strip club a few times...i FINIALLY found a hooker...and then promptly killed her after to get my cash back....(like you said) doing jumps, avoiding cops..molotov(sp)-ing people and watching them BURN! sure you can powerlevel your self through the game you miss out.. its like all science and no philosophy :shake: ..... im just messin with ya bro LMAO ... hows life like at the "queen mary on the prarie" ?

Redrum_69 05-07-2008 11:08 AM

Oh helll...

i may get all stunt jumps now...

Go to the internet cafe and type (in game)www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com, and you'll get access to maps detailing where to find every stunt jump, health pack and diseased pigeon in the game, among other things.

Ultra Peanut 05-07-2008 11:14 AM

That's awesome.

The internet is so well done. Nothing like going out with someone and then reading her blog about it.

Coach 05-07-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4737796)
Yeah. When Gamespot gives the game a 10, well, I'm having a look. :thumb:

I look forward to hearing your reviews/opinions on it. I'm going to get it, but I'm gonna have to wait until the PC version comes out, if it does......

Ultra Peanut 05-07-2008 11:35 AM

ZiT has cost me $3 so far. "Ven Bailalo" (or as I've dubbed it, "Manny's Song"), "No Sex For Ben," and "Vagabond" are totally worth it.

kcxiv 05-07-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69 (Post 4738763)

Damn 4 days? i am on a week and only like 35 percent in and i have 30 hours played.

Wa-Z 05-07-2008 09:03 PM

Update on ps3 today...supposedly it fixed the online problems. It took me a couple tries but I got into a game of GTA Race and it was silly fun...dudes were getting out of their cars and stealing faster ones etc. While they were all fighting over cars I raced ahead of the pile :) But where's the fun in that?!

BWillie 05-07-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4739281)
Damn 4 days? i am on a week and only like 35 percent in and i have 30 hours played.

He's lying. He didn't beat the game yet. No way. Unless he has no job and has 10 hours a day to play video games. Then, maybe he is right.

Wa-Z 05-07-2008 09:48 PM

or he doesn't sleep and lives off of wings from red bull

Jenson71 05-07-2008 09:49 PM

redrum:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBLXCE-bMUM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBLXCE-bMUM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

kcxiv 05-07-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4740264)
He's lying. He didn't beat the game yet. No way. Unless he has no job and has 10 hours a day to play video games. Then, maybe he is right.

I have been doing all the side quests, dunno about finding all the birds though. Even with that map, that may take a bit long. lol As to doing all the player missions, i been trying to get through all that and getting everyone 100 percent like and respect.

Also, i play at night when i cant sleep. Sometimes it gets hell of bad for me and i sleep about 2 hours a night. lol So i get about 3-4 hours in late night.

JBucc 05-07-2008 10:21 PM

If by beat the game you mean the finish the story I finished it in 27 hours. Watched every cutscene, played many missions several times after dying or failing them. Went on maybe 4 dates and hung out with Jacob a couple times but that's it. If you mean get 100% completion well I don't even really care to do that.

ragedogg69 05-07-2008 10:55 PM

tonight was the first night i didnt have a blast playing gta 4. its like the game just hated me. I kept failing mission after mission, then i couldnt even make it to a contact without pissing off the police in some way. whats weird was i am crazy about this storyline. but maybe its cuz the main plotline has just had just sputtered out a few missions back, so nothing has developed. dunno. got one more island to unlock,so maybe it picks up from there.

xbarretx 05-07-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4740297)
redrum:

LMAO!!!!!!

na, ive seen him in RL hes hairs not that long :p

kcxiv 05-08-2008 03:15 AM

Bah, i got the dreaded RRoD :( OH well, time to fire up the PS3, good to have a back up plan. May have to just go rent GTAIV for it lol\

Well, i went to the xboxlive it said give it 10 min on their site, i did, and it fired back up. See how long before it goes down again. lol

Hootie 05-08-2008 07:29 PM

so I did the helicopter cheat...flew to Manhattan...got to the highest point...jumped out...holy shit the camera angle and the realism was unbelievable...all three of my friends cringed when he finally hit a building a died...it was amazing...we immediately turned the game off and were like, "we are fulfilled for the day..."

It was hysterical and awesome...coolest moment I've ever had in a video game.

Ultra Peanut 05-10-2008 12:14 PM

Honestly, my only complaint about GTA's portrayal of the media is that it's being outdone by the real thing. LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 4742102)
so I did the helicopter cheat...flew to Manhattan...got to the highest point...jumped out...holy shit the camera angle and the realism was unbelievable...all three of my friends cringed when he finally hit a building a died...it was amazing...we immediately turned the game off and were like, "we are fulfilled for the day..."

It was hysterical and awesome...coolest moment I've ever had in a video game.

I was just on a mission, crossing the Algonquin Bridge on a motorcycle. Naturally, I was going 500 miles per hour, so when a taxi swerved in front of me, I couldn't stop in time despite hitting the brake and handbrake. So I nailed the cab and went flying, end over end over end over end over end, until finally landing head first on the ground a few hundred feet below.

Last night, a friend of mine had just escaped a four-star wanted level at the airport. He then rolled out of his truck, hit his head on a rock, and died.

Kraus 05-13-2008 11:44 AM

Bumping this up, it fell off the first page.

I'm just about 50% completion, and I think I'm on the verge of making it to the third island.

Archie Bunker 05-13-2008 12:00 PM

Finally beat it last night and it is easily the best game I've ever played. Now its time to jump in my Stallion, crank up Radio Broker and try for 100%.

Can't wait for the DLC.

Mr. Arrowhead 05-13-2008 08:30 PM

Just bought it tonight, This is the best nonsports game i have ever played!

ragedogg69 05-14-2008 07:54 PM

so whats the longest stretch you guys have played? my stats say 5:33:33.

kcxiv 05-14-2008 09:03 PM

Think i had 3 and a half hours, but i am on a 2 week xbox vacation :(

KcMizzou 05-14-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 4750726)
so whats the longest stretch you guys have played? my stats say 5:33:33.

4:36 or something like that.

Just finished the bank heist with Pattie... holy hell was that intense.

Archie Bunker 05-14-2008 10:58 PM

6:29

Kraus 05-14-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4750884)
4:36 or something like that.

Just finished the bank heist with Pattie... holy hell was that intense.

Same here. Reminded me of the movie "Heat."

TinyEvel 05-15-2008 01:40 AM

Meh. It's the best of times and the worst of times. Is there a manual save on this thing?

I just had the mission where you chase the motorcycle boyfriend guy (yes, VERY early in the game) and every time you have to friggen start where you have to drive and do all that crap for like five minutes.
HATE that.

But, on a previous mission I was on a cycle and found a plywood ramp and shot up some cops and launched my azz all the way to the ocean. NIIIIICE!

kaplin42 05-15-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4751179)
Meh. It's the best of times and the worst of times. Is there a manual save on this thing?

I just had the mission where you chase the motorcycle boyfriend guy (yes, VERY early in the game) and every time you have to friggen start where you have to drive and do all that crap for like five minutes.
HATE that.

But, on a previous mission I was on a cycle and found a plywood ramp and shot up some cops and launched my azz all the way to the ocean. NIIIIICE!

In your safe house, if you go to the bed, you can save there. Just be careful because passes 6 hours of game time, so if you have any appointments, don't do this.

I do understand what you mean where if you fail a mission you can either look at the messages on your cell and retry, or load your last save. I try to make sure that I have all my weapons, health and armor, and do a save before I start any new mission, this way if it goes bad, I can just reload, and go back to the mission without having to go get the rest of the crap.

On a side note, why did they make motorcycles so hard to drive in this one. In GTA S.A. the motorcycle was the best mode of transport, now you get flung us if you even bump into a car.

TinyEvel 05-21-2008 11:39 PM

HypnotizedMonkey 05-22-2008 06:35 AM

It's tough to kill Pegorino... i've done this mission like f-ing 10 times. goddamn goose chase

Skyy God 05-23-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HypnotizedMonkey (Post 4762742)
It's tough to kill Pegorino... i've done this mission like f-ing 10 times. goddamn goose chase

It's heli-frustrating to make your way through the goons and warehouse, only to miss the jump to the chopper. Once you do that, however, it's a cinch.

crazycoffey 05-23-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4730578)
I took her there, and she was kind pissy about it. "Oh, I guess I like simple places like this."

I took her bowling for the first date, and banged her that night. "oh Niko, I love when you say interesting things, oohhhh yeaahhhh, tell me more...."

crazycoffey 05-23-2008 01:01 PM

I bought the game last thurs, for my new PS3 that I got from my girl (dating 2 months and she buys me a PS3? - I know, I don't get it either...)

Anyway play all the free time away, love it - it's alot of fun!

The Franchise 05-23-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4738762)
Wow, I had no idea how appropriate this song was (well, at least the part in the video with the rocket launcher):

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kDbGdoDXE4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kDbGdoDXE4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I just thought it was ****ing catchy.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vtnaf-ZN0Pc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vtnaf-ZN0Pc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Adept Havelock 05-23-2008 10:54 PM

Well, I finally dropped it in the 360, and promptly lost several hours of my life. I've just finished "Uncle Vlad", taken down a drug house with the Jamaican, gone on a couple of dates with Michelle, and done some taxi work for Roman.

HOLY CRAP! I am beyond impressed. I couldn't get into GTA:SA, but this one has grabbed me. It's everything I liked about "The Godfather"...on crack. This thing has a great and twisted sense of humor.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. It's what convinced me to pick it up.

Ultra Peanut 05-24-2008 10:13 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gH2nirEuO-k&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gH2nirEuO-k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mcan 05-26-2008 10:16 AM

I've had the game now since it came out, but when my roommate left town, I deleted everything and decided to start over from scratch last night...

Once session. 11 1/2 hours. 26% through the game.

:thumb:

Bowser 05-26-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4766435)
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gH2nirEuO-k&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gH2nirEuO-k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

LMAO

Kraus 05-26-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 4767991)
I've had the game now since it came out, but when my roommate left town, I deleted everything and decided to start over from scratch last night...

Once session. 11 1/2 hours. 26% through the game.

:thumb:

Are your eyes burning?

ragedogg69 05-26-2008 05:25 PM

man, this can be the most fun or just infuriating. the delay of swapping weapons is annoying. really pisses me off when in the middle of a gunfight.

and how the hell was bernie in the army?

spoiler:

the funeral mission was fun as hell. driving a hearse with the ****ing body falling out the back...... awesome. oh and i am really digging kate playing hard to get.

mcan 05-27-2008 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 4768540)
man, this can be the most fun or just infuriating. the delay of swapping weapons is annoying. really pisses me off when in the middle of a gunfight.

I'm pretty sure you can hold L1 on the PS3 version and it is an immediate switch. Not positive though. I never messed with it.

crazycoffey 05-27-2008 08:17 AM

Last night we had a big storm, I was stealing cars for what's his name, got three and thought to myself, I should go save the game. Yup, lightening crashed and the power went out and back on, lost a couple hours of playtime......

Ultra Peanut 05-27-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4768005)
LMAO

I want to see him say "TITTIES!!!!!!"

Kraus 05-27-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 4769318)
Last night we had a big storm, I was stealing cars for what's his name, got three and thought to myself, I should go save the game. Yup, lightening crashed and the power went out and back on, lost a couple hours of playtime......

I believe it autosaves after each car you deposit in the garage. You should be alright.

QuikSsurfer 05-27-2008 04:23 PM

Hilarious
http://kotaku.com/5011147/grand-theft-auto-dui

Bowser 05-27-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4770193)

LMAO

crazycoffey 05-30-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69 (Post 4738777)
Oh helll...

i may get all stunt jumps now...

Go to the internet cafe and type (in game)www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com, and you'll get access to maps detailing where to find every stunt jump, health pack and diseased pigeon in the game, among other things.

awesome, can you save it somehow so you don't have to keep going back?

I've only killed one pigeon, found some of the weapons, one a few jumps. I haven't finished all of Faustin's missions yet, just did the biker one - I didn't have any problem.

I tried to date all the girls online, they all said no; hhmph, virtual meet reality? Oh and I've never seen a hooker yet.

noa 05-30-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4770193)

That was awesome.

Adept Havelock 05-30-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 4775249)
awesome, can you save it somehow so you don't have to keep going back?

I've only killed one pigeon, found some of the weapons, one a few jumps. I haven't finished all of Faustin's missions yet, just did the biker one - I didn't have any problem.

I tried to date all the girls online, they all said no; hhmph, virtual meet reality? Oh and I've never seen a hooker yet.

Try driving down in the docks area in Broker at night. There are usually a few around.

I've done all of Jacob's deliveries, the car/bike thefts from the emails from Brucie, and the Most Wanted missions for Broker/Dukes/Bohan. I guess it's time to get back on the main story line and unlock the other islands.

This game is more addictive than Lay's potato chips. "Bet you can't kill/steal/outrun just one!"

crazycoffey 05-30-2008 03:06 PM

Ha! it is addicting. Took today off to get some stuff ready for Army Reserves Annual training in CA next week. So far, I'll I've done is steal cars, shoot pigeons, and banged (I mean, talked to her and said interesting things) Michelle....

Adept Havelock 05-30-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 4775631)
Ha! it is addicting. Took today off to get some stuff ready for Army Reserves Annual training in CA next week. So far, I'll I've done is steal cars, shoot pigeons, and banged (I mean, talked to her and said interesting things) Michelle....

I was messing around at the Airport and ended up with a 4 star wanted level. Getting away from that was a blast.

Archie Bunker 06-04-2008 10:46 AM

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...ty_police_face

Liberty City Police Face Allegations Of Incompetence, Brutality
June 4, 2008 | Issue 44•23

LIBERTY CITY—With the city in the midst of a record crime wave, concerned citizens claim the Liberty City Police Department has done little to prevent the constant car chases, ongoing gun battles, and overall atmosphere of violence that pervade the area.

"I used to feel safe in Liberty City, but lately, it's been total mayhem," said night-shift worker Lola Del Rio, who spoke to reporters while sucking nervously on a red lollipop. "In the past week alone, I've been carjacked twice, run over 10 times, and witness to a half-dozen gunfights that ended with automobiles exploding. What are the police doing to stop all this?"

Since the surge in crime, which began on April 28 at midnight, more than 830,000 civilians have been murdered—nearly one-tenth of Liberty City's total population. In addition, 35,000 vehicles have been reported stolen, many of which were then driven illegally over sidewalks and pedestrian walkways before plunging into the nearby Humboldt River. And according to startling figures released by local community action group Citizens for a Safer City, drug trafficking has become rampant and prostitution has increased by 800 percent.

"I was shot 14 times on my way to work today, including twice by police," said one Algonquin-area resident. "That is unacceptable."

Many blame the LCPD directly for the increase in criminal activity, citing the department's lax procedure for arresting criminals, which involves taking 10 percent of the suspect's money, confiscating his weapons, and simply releasing him from custody later that day. Outraged citizens say this is not enough, especially in a city where assault rifles can be found on factory roofs and grenade caches are located under the globe at the old World's Fair site.

"The police just let them go, and 20 minutes later they're shooting at the very same criminals from helicopters," veteran crime reporter Mike Whiteley said. "That is not proper law enforcement. We may be seeing a return to the bad old days of 2002, when the police, the FIB, and even Army tank battalions would leave countless bodies on the streets while attempting to capture just one man on some sort of joyful mass-destruction spree."

Perhaps even more alarming, city records indicate that more than 75 percent of perpetrators in mass-murder or vehicular-manslaughter cases escape, usually by simple methods such as driving into a car-repainting facility. Criminals have even eluded pursuit by walking into their apartment and going to bed for six hours, after which the search has been called off.

However, one LCPD official, who wished to remain anonymous, blamed the recent crime wave on the police department's lack of proper equipment.

"We are only equipped to pursue a suspect within a small radius on a very basic half-centimeter radar screen," the officer said. "If we were allowed to seek criminals who escaped this radius for more than 15 seconds, our results would improve dramatically."

"And to those who say the LCPD is too quick to resort to deadly force, remember that almost 850,000 police officers, FIB agents, and N.O.O.S.E. [National Office of Security Enforcement] team members have died in the line of duty in the past month," he added.

Nonetheless, residents say that their confidence in the Liberty City police force—low in the best of times—has eroded almost completely.

"I was buying a hot dog from a street vendor in Hove Beach yesterday when I saw someone run a red light, barrel down the sidewalk, careen into a garbage truck, exit his vehicle, steal a nearby convertible, and drive away," one Broker resident reported. "A nearby police car didn't even react. But when the car behind him nicked his fender, the officer shot the driver through the windshield and walked away."

"That is not the kind of law enforcement we want for our community," he added.

Most admit that the problem is not a lack of police presence, as the LCPD currently operates 15 different police stations throughout the city's four boroughs, and there is a seemingly infinite number of officers on duty at all times to respond to reported crimes. However, citizens say the officers' "shoot-first" mentality and willingness to accept bribes only contributes to the city's widespread violence and corruption.

"It's almost as if the cops in this town are as much an adversarial faction as the criminals," said public defender Kiki Jenkins, who is rumored to be instrumental in recent incidents of police being inexplicably pulled from chases and criminal pursuit. "Sure, we have excellent radio stations and an incredible range of things to see and do here. But if I were younger, I'd move to Mario World in a second."

QuikSsurfer 06-04-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 4779880)

LIBERTY CITY—With the city in the midst of a record crime wave, concerned citizens claim the Liberty City Police Department has done little to prevent the constant car chases, ongoing gun battles, and overall atmosphere of violence that pervade the area.

"I used to feel safe in Liberty City, but lately, it's been total mayhem," said night-shift worker Lola Del Rio, who spoke to reporters while sucking nervously on a red lollipop. "In the past week alone, I've been carjacked twice, run over 10 times, and witness to a half-dozen gunfights that ended with automobiles exploding. What are the police doing to stop all this?"

Since the surge in crime, which began on April 28 at midnight, more than 830,000 civilians have been murdered—nearly one-tenth of Liberty City's total population. In addition, 35,000 vehicles have been reported stolen, many of which were then driven illegally over sidewalks and pedestrian walkways before plunging into the nearby Humboldt River. And according to startling figures released by local community action group Citizens for a Safer City, drug trafficking has become rampant and prostitution has increased by 800 percent.

"I was shot 14 times on my way to work today, including twice by police," said one Algonquin-area resident. "That is unacceptable."

Many blame the LCPD directly for the increase in criminal activity, citing the department's lax procedure for arresting criminals, which involves taking 10 percent of the suspect's money, confiscating his weapons, and simply releasing him from custody later that day. Outraged citizens say this is not enough, especially in a city where assault rifles can be found on factory roofs and grenade caches are located under the globe at the old World's Fair site.

"The police just let them go, and 20 minutes later they're shooting at the very same criminals from helicopters," veteran crime reporter Mike Whiteley said. "That is not proper law enforcement. We may be seeing a return to the bad old days of 2002, when the police, the FIB, and even Army tank battalions would leave countless bodies on the streets while attempting to capture just one man on some sort of joyful mass-destruction spree."

Perhaps even more alarming, city records indicate that more than 75 percent of perpetrators in mass-murder or vehicular-manslaughter cases escape, usually by simple methods such as driving into a car-repainting facility. Criminals have even eluded pursuit by walking into their apartment and going to bed for six hours, after which the search has been called off.

However, one LCPD official, who wished to remain anonymous, blamed the recent crime wave on the police department's lack of proper equipment.

"We are only equipped to pursue a suspect within a small radius on a very basic half-centimeter radar screen," the officer said. "If we were allowed to seek criminals who escaped this radius for more than 15 seconds, our results would improve dramatically."

"And to those who say the LCPD is too quick to resort to deadly force, remember that almost 850,000 police officers, FIB agents, and N.O.O.S.E. [National Office of Security Enforcement] team members have died in the line of duty in the past month," he added.

Nonetheless, residents say that their confidence in the Liberty City police force—low in the best of times—has eroded almost completely.

"I was buying a hot dog from a street vendor in Hove Beach yesterday when I saw someone run a red light, barrel down the sidewalk, careen into a garbage truck, exit his vehicle, steal a nearby convertible, and drive away," one Broker resident reported. "A nearby police car didn't even react. But when the car behind him nicked his fender, the officer shot the driver through the windshield and walked away."

Most admit that the problem is not a lack of police presence, as the LCPD currently operates 15 different police stations throughout the city's four boroughs, and there is a seemingly infinite number of officers on duty at all times to respond to reported crimes. However, citizens say the officers' "shoot-first" mentality and willingness to accept bribes only contributes to the city's widespread violence and corruption.

"It's almost as if the cops in this town are as much an adversarial faction as the criminals," said public defender Kiki Jenkins, who is rumored to be instrumental in recent incidents of police being inexplicably pulled from chases and criminal pursuit. "Sure, we have excellent radio stations and an incredible range of things to see and do here. But if I were younger, I'd move to Mario World in a second."

ROFL

KcMizzou 06-04-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 4779880)

LMAO

That's awesome. Nice find.

Jenson71 06-04-2008 11:22 PM

Well, I got 100% tonight. Loved it all, except QUB3D

Ceej 06-05-2008 01:03 PM

I've gotta question. Say my buddy and I wanna play crooks n robbers together. Is there some sort of way we can join a party and then join a server ala COD4. I don't wanna join a server, then invite him and the server be full.

I know you can create parties, and play against other parties, is that the only thing that I can try?

Simply Red 06-05-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4781569)
I've gotta question. Say my buddy and I wanna play crooks n robbers together. Is there some sort of way we can join a party and then join a server ala COD4. I don't wanna join a server, then invite him and the server be full.

I know you can create parties, and play against other parties, is that the only thing that I can try?

Chyeaahhh!

Ceej 06-05-2008 01:09 PM

My XBL nick is Chyeahhh Son.

:)

Simply Red 06-05-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4781588)
My XBL nick is Chyeahhh Son.

:)

What is that? I mean, I know what `Chyeahhh` and `Son` mean.

Adept Havelock 06-05-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4780999)
Well, I got 100% tonight. Loved it all, except QUB3D

QUB3D was easy for me, if a little tedious. Got the achievement the first time I played.

Still haven't bowled a turkey yet. That's a real bi**h. I've spent a lot of time bowling.

I'm still trying to survive the bank robbery. :banghead:

KcMizzou 06-05-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 4782338)

I'm still trying to survive the bank robbery. :banghead:

Holy shit was that one ever fun... I scraped by by the skin of my teeth.

(I'm nowhere close to 100%... odds are, I never will be)

Kraus 06-06-2008 12:16 AM

Just beat it. :) Now to get 100%

Adept Havelock 06-06-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4782453)
Holy shit was that one ever fun... I scraped by by the skin of my teeth.

(I'm nowhere close to 100%... odds are, I never will be)

Next run I'm calling Dwayne's thugs for backup to see if that helps.

Kraus 06-06-2008 11:11 AM

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='article_ID=878844&downloadURL=http://moviesmovies.ign.com/movies/video/article/878/878844/cogta_ign_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking='all' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Bowser 06-10-2008 01:46 PM

*Disclaimer - I have not read this thread.

I just got into this game, and my stat page says I'm a little over 13% through the game. So far, I've just done piddly shit - run drugs for Jacob, do fares for Roman, a few things for Dmitri, knocked it out with Michelle a bunch......When does this thing pick up, or am I doing the wrong missions? I DID escape a four or five star wanted level and unlocked an achievment, so that was cool. Aparently, they don't like it when you go cruising on the flightline. :)

Any suggestions where to go to next to up my weapon and currency level?

Kraus 06-10-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4788022)
*Disclaimer - I have not read this thread.

I just got into this game, and my stat page says I'm a little over 13% through the game. So far, I've just done piddly shit - run drugs for Jacob, do fares for Roman, a few things for Dmitri, knocked it out with Michelle a bunch......When does this thing pick up, or am I doing the wrong missions? I DID escape a four or five star wanted level and unlocked an achievment, so that was cool. Aparently, they don't like it when you go cruising on the flightline. :)

Any suggestions where to go to next to up my weapon and currency level?

I'd stop doing the side missions for now and start on the main story-line ones. The game will pick up soon.

Also, don't waste too much time on Michelle.

MTG#10 06-10-2008 02:05 PM

God I cant wait for this to hit pc.

Farzin 06-19-2008 08:18 AM

wow..I chose to revenge instead of deal..I thought Kate was gonna be worth it..Now I have $8,000..I'm screwed...

HC_Chief 06-19-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 4782858)
Next run I'm calling Dwayne's thugs for backup to see if that helps.

I never used his thugs. Next time I play through the game I'll be sure to hang out with Dwayne; I neglected our friendship the first time around.

Of course next time I play through I may waster him instead of the other dude. I didn't find his apartment all that useful.

Farzin 06-19-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 4801158)
I never used his thugs. Next time I play through the game I'll be sure to hang out with Dwayne; I neglected our friendship the first time around.

Of course next time I play through I may waster him instead of the other dude. I didn't find his apartment all that useful.

playboy's apartment is awesome..Dwayne's looked like shit.

Adept Havelock 06-19-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 4801158)

The thugs are helpful, but I find Dwayne kind of irritating. He complains too much. Just ask him to go drinking, but do "Cluckin Bell/Bowling/Comedy Club/Nightclub in Northwood" once or twice and you should be close to 100% with him. Then you can ignore him for a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farzin (Post 4801377)
playboy's apartment is awesome..Dwayne's looked like shit.

I thought it was kind of silly that the last safehouse you get (Alderny) is so bad compared to the one at Middle Park West and Playboy X's.

However, being close to an unlimited supply of NRG900RR's, Sultan RS's, and unwatched Cop Cars does help make up for that a bit.

QuikSsurfer 06-19-2008 02:39 PM

I'm at 52% and haven't played it in over a week... Just bored with it.

Farzin 06-19-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 4801541)
The thugs are helpful, but I find Dwayne kind of irritating. He complains too much. Just ask him to go drinking, but do "Cluckin Bell/Bowling/Comedy Club/Nightclub in Northwood" once or twice and you should be close to 100% with him. Then you can ignore him for a long time.

I thought it was kind of silly that the last safehouse you get (Alderny) is so bad compared to the one at Middle Park West and Playboy X's.

However, being close to an unlimited supply of NRG900RR's, Sultan RS's, and unwatched Cop Cars does help make up for that a bit.

Where the hell is all this!?

Adept Havelock 06-19-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farzin (Post 4801793)
Where the hell is all this!?

NRG900's- Dealership on the NW corner of the intersection of Lynden and Boyden. Few blocks north of Panhandle Road. Automatic 1 star wanted level, but it's easily outrun. There's usually one NRG900RR in the shop, along with several NRG900F's. The RR seems to have a little more get up and go. You'd think they would recognize you after jacking a half-dozen of them, but they don't. :)

Unguarded Cop Cars- By the Park where Derrick McReary is usually strung out. NW corner of Lee and Vitullo. The cops are rarely by the cars. I've never gotten a level for stealing one there unless I didn't notice a cruiser driving by.

Sultan RS- NE corner of the Alderney map. The entrance is on the East side of Beaverhead, just north of the Burger Shot. Follow the middle dirt road as far North as you can. There's a garage by the abandoned mansion. Sultan RS is in the grass behind the garage. It's where you drop off the truck you steal from the Triad for Phil Bell. Great car in a street race.

All of these respawn, AFAICT.

KcMizzou 06-19-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4801644)
I'm at 52% and haven't played it in over a week... Just bored with it.

Same here... that's pretty typical for me though. I'll get back around to it eventually.

Farzin 06-20-2008 04:49 PM

Remember what happens when you chase pagarino and he gets on that boat...your suppose to get on a motorcycle..how do you follow him?????????????