ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

007 09-25-2009 12:45 AM

Funny, I was just thinking about the episode of the X-files involving mushrooms where Mulder and Scully were underground and hallucinating. Then this episode comes on with a similar premise.

arrowheadnation 09-25-2009 09:16 PM

I thought last night's ep was very Texas Chainsaw Massacre-esque. I'm glad I didn't give up on this show though. I quit watching after the 2nd episode last season and just watched the rest of season one the this season's two episodes in 3 days. Now I'm hooked!

007 09-25-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarowheadnation (Post 6109673)
I thought last night's ep was very Texas Chainsaw Massacre-esque. I'm glad I didn't give up on this show though. I quit watching after the 2nd episode last season and just watched the rest of season one the this season's two episodes in 3 days. Now I'm hooked!

Once you get past the 8th ep last season it got really good. They just started way to slow last year. I almost gave up on it around ep 7 but stuck it out.

keg in kc 09-25-2009 10:49 PM

Last night's episode was about as close to an x-files episode as you can get without being an x-files episode. I just hope the move to Thursday hasn't killed the show.

KCWolfman 09-25-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6110078)
Last night's episode was about as close to an x-files episode as you can get without being an x-files episode. I just hope the move to Thursday hasn't killed the show.

Yup, all we needed was a dual interpretation of the local sheriff by the main characters and I would have thought I was watching the Bad Blood episode of the X-Files complete with Luke Wilson.

Still, I like the series.

007 09-25-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 6110109)
Yup, all we needed was a dual interpretation of the local sheriff by the main characters and I would have thought I was watching the Bad Blood episode of the X-Files complete with Luke Wilson.

Still, I like the series.

That episode of X-files was great.

keg in kc 09-25-2009 11:08 PM

I wasn't saying parroting the x-files was a bad thing...

I just hope they do a better job with the main story arc than Carter did. We'll see how the second season goes.

I remember after the first season thinking the x-files was genius, with the alien controversy and the murder of deep throat, but it was basically a long downhill slide from that point on, for as good as seasons 4 and 5 (and some individual eps of 6 and 7) were.

BigRedChief 10-14-2009 07:08 AM

okay, I don't get this. Two objects can't be in the same place at the same time. You can't "tech" around that. So if the other side wants to open up a portal to the other side what makes them think they won't be destroyed also?

Mr. Plow 10-14-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6170349)
okay, I don't get this. Two objects can't be in the same place at the same time. You can't "tech" around that. So if the other side wants to open up a portal to the other side what makes them think they won't be destroyed also?

To me, I would think that rather than destroying both worlds that one would overtake the other. But I also see what you are getting at - there is no reason to not believe that both objects wouldn't essentially destroy each other.

I think I said that right..

jiveturkey 10-14-2009 08:37 AM

Didn't Nina basically address this when she smashed the snow globes together. One will destroy the other.

007 10-15-2009 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 6170462)
Didn't Nina basically address this when she smashed the snow globes together. One will destroy the other.

Which raises the question of how does the "other side" know that their side would survive over "this side"?

BigRedChief 10-15-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6173200)
Which raises the question of how does the "other side" know that their side would survive over "this side"?

and why risk it in the first place? How is one side a threat to the other side?

bevischief 10-15-2009 07:31 AM

Sure they will explain that to us shortly...

BigRedChief 10-16-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy369 (Post 6173273)
Sure they will explain that to us shortly...

hope so....hate to see it turn into a "Lost" kind of thing where they drag the mystery/questions about major plot lines out forever.

ChiefsFan4Life 12-13-2009 01:52 PM

Anyone still watching this?

keg in kc 12-13-2009 03:06 PM

I'm starting to get caught up on the episodes I have dvr'd. Just finished the one with the cosmonaut shadow thing.

keg in kc 01-11-2010 12:12 PM

New episode on tonight, and it's a little weird. Apparently it's a never before seen season 1 episode (not even on DVD) so it has Charlie Frances in it.

Regular eps back Thursday I think.

jiveturkey 01-11-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life (Post 6342209)
Anyone still watching this?

It might be my favorite show.

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6434128)
New episode on tonight, and it's a little weird. Apparently it's a never before seen season 1 episode (not even on DVD) so it has Charlie Frances in it.

Weird

thecoffeeguy 01-11-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6434128)

Thanks for the heads up.
Really like this show.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2010 03:38 PM

I've got like 9 episodes on the DVR.

After the amazing season finale, they lost me.

keg in kc 01-11-2010 03:52 PM

I did the DVR thing too, then finally watched all the episodes at once several weeks ago and was somewhat surprised to discover that I still really love the show, and I wonder what it was that prevented me from watching them during the season.

ChiefsFan4Life 01-11-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6434873)
I did the DVR thing too, then finally watched all the episodes at once several weeks ago and was somewhat surprised to discover that I still really love the show, and I wonder what it was that prevented me from watching them during the season.

Exactly what I did back when I posted if anyone was still watching. I still like it a lot too.

007 01-11-2010 09:58 PM

Crap. I hope Hulu has this ep.

Fish 01-12-2010 09:59 AM

Last night's episode was all about kicking religion square in the balls and laughing for 60 minutes...

It was entertaining.

BigRedChief 01-12-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6437139)
Last night's episode was all about kicking religion square in the balls and laughing for 60 minutes...

It was entertaining.

Maybe why it was never shown?

Fish 01-12-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6437322)
Maybe why it was never shown?

Yeah. I can definitely understand that. They were quite brash in their scientific defiance of religion. There was one point when Walter was talking to a priest that almost had me giggling at the bias on display. The X-Files used to play on that, but was always careful not to completely dismiss or make fun of the idea of religion. They even threw in a religious episode now and then with Scully, and toyed with religious elements showing both sides. Fringe whipped out a scientific cock and pissed all over it with a jolly laugh...

I liked it...

Baby Lee 01-12-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6437354)
Yeah. I can definitely understand that. They were quite brash in their scientific defiance of religion. There was one point when Walter was talking to a priest that almost had me giggling at the bias on display. The X-Files used to play on that, but was always careful not to completely dismiss or make fun of the idea of religion. They even threw in a religious episode now and then with Scully, and toyed with religious elements showing both sides. Fringe whipped out a scientific cock and pissed all over it with a jolly laugh...

I liked it...

I thought it was a little more conciliatory than that. First off, Walter going off was about a single arcane [if sensationalized in entertainment] aspect of one religion [exorcism perhaps being misdignosed transferrence of the energy of the dying for those who didn't watch]. Then Walter admitting that in the end he has any number things he has to take on faith as well at the end.

Fish 01-12-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6437398)
I thought it was a little more conciliatory than that. First off, Walter going off was about a single arcane [if sensationalized in entertainment] aspect of one religion [exorcism perhaps being misdignosed transferrence of the energy of the dying for those who didn't watch]. Then Walter admitting that in the end he has any number things he has to take on faith as well at the end.

Maybe it was just me, but I detected a bit of cool professional cynicism behind it. What struck me was the fact that they didn't really bother defending a religious point of view at any point, other than Walter's admittance that "faith" isn't solely restricted to religion. Yet science still saved the day. Dunham and Walter both were in positions where people of faith were involving them in their religion (Dunham in front of the church, Walter being told "May God be with you" or whatever), and they accepted it with a sly smile instead of emotionally shunning it. They stressed the point of the Mom giving up on religion and "choosing" science for her daughter because religion had shown no results. And made a point of doing it right in front of her priest, who offered no defense. The idea of the "soul" was explained completely void of any religious connotation.

I thought it was cleverly respectful, yet clearly and intentionally biased.

Bearcat 01-12-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6437139)

It was entertaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6436280)
Crap. I hope Hulu has this ep.

Hulu doesn't have it. :cuss:

"New episodes return Jan. 15. The Jan. 11 episode, "Unearthed," is not be available for online streaming at this time."

Had I known beforehand, I would have made an effort to find it online or go somewhere to watch it... didn't know I was missing a religion ball kicking.

Fish 01-12-2010 02:29 PM

There's torrents out for it.......

http://www.torrentreactor.to/torrent...XviD_EZTV.html

JD10367 01-13-2010 07:19 PM

I had to find this thread, 'cause we're watching the episode off our TiVo right now, and my wife said, "What the f**k?!? Charlie's dead! Why is he back?" I just told her what I discovered here. I just assumed "Fringe" was f**king with us, LOL...

007 01-13-2010 11:53 PM

It's on Hulu now.

<object width="512" height="296 "><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/FneGnmYd4E3psOeglYo1Dg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/FneGnmYd4E3psOeglYo1Dg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

007 01-15-2010 01:10 AM

That was a great episode.

007 02-05-2010 04:40 AM

So, who got pulled from our world into theirs when Walter brought Peter over?

BigRedChief 02-05-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6507174)
So, who got pulled from our world into theirs when Walter brought Peter over?

I think Spock. He caused Peters death somehow and volunteered to take his place.

007 02-05-2010 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6507204)
I think Spock. He caused Peters death somehow and volunteered to take his place.

Not possible according to the "Mass" theory. Would have to be a child.

BigRedChief 02-05-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6507206)
Not possible according to the "Mass" theory. Would have to be a child.

True dat. Just some random kid? Don't think so. Proably ties into the story.

But, how can the "mass" develop on both sides in the same way and weight?

Mr. Plow 02-05-2010 07:40 AM

Great episode last night.

jiveturkey 02-05-2010 08:44 AM

Woah! Great episode. I was really hoping that Dunham was going to see the glimmer in Peter.

Fish 02-05-2010 09:20 AM

I think last night's episode pushed this show into my #1 favorite spot....

bdeg 02-05-2010 09:38 AM

Good ep, but is anyone else getting tired of the Olivia-Walter thing?

"How could you DO this? They were KIDS!"
"For the millionth time that was like 50 years ago bitch I'm sorry but how many times are you going to bring this up?"

it's gotten a little repetitive

007 02-05-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg (Post 6507463)

"For the millionth time that was like 50 years ago bitch I'm sorry but how many times are you going to bring this up?"

I had no problem with it. Last night was the first time she truly saw him for what he was.

007 02-05-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6507232)
True dat. Just some random kid? Don't think so. Proably ties into the story.

But, how can the "mass" develop on both sides in the same way and weight?

pure luck. I would be completely shocked though if they don't show the consequences of his actions by bringing the other child into play.

arrowheadnation 02-05-2010 03:16 PM

On hiatus until April? Christ this is worse than LOST. Why didn't she see the "glimmer" on Peter right away when she all of the sudden became "afraid." (IMO an unusual cop out by a normally very VERY good writing team, surely they could have come up with something better than "she has to be scared for it to work") Needless to say, Walter is going to have some explaining to do.

007 02-05-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarowheadnation (Post 6508618)
On hiatus until April? Christ this is worse than LOST. Why didn't she see the "glimmer" on Peter right away when she all of the sudden became "afraid." (IMO an unusual cop out by a normally very VERY good writing team, surely they could have come up with something better than "she has to be scared for it to work") Needless to say, Walter is going to have some explaining to do.

Yeah, that was my initial thought too. Actually would have been an interesting twist for her first experience with the glimmer to be Peter.

Mr. Plow 02-05-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg (Post 6507463)

There is someone saying "I did this to young kids" then there is someone DOING it to you so that you experience it first hand. She probably "knew" he did stuff like that, but then experiencing it first hand she finally realized what he'd done.

Mr. Plow 02-05-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6508602)
pure luck. I would be completely shocked though if they don't show the consequences of his actions by bringing the other child into play.

Ok...just thought of something. If something goes to the other side, and something of equal mass has to come to the "real" world - when Olivia went to the other side, did something come back and consequently get pulled back to the other side when Olivia came back to the "real" world?

007 02-05-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6508647)
Ok...just thought of something. If something goes to the other side, and something of equal mass has to come to the "real" world - when Olivia went to the other side, did something come back and consequently get pulled back to the other side when Olivia came back to the "real" world?

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, Bell put her back in her real world before that could have happened.

aturnis 02-05-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarowheadnation (Post 6508618)

Isn't that how it usually goes? "hero or bad guy accidentely realizes "power", figures out his "trigger" and learns to control it. Sounds about right, doesn't it

aturnis 02-05-2010 06:24 PM

Yeah, by the time the team realized what had happened with alternate the building, they had 35hrs. until it one of their own crossed over.

Mr. Plow 02-05-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6508734)
I don't think so. If I remember correctly, Bell put her back in her real world before that could have happened.

You're right. Hadn't thought about how much time she was on the other side. Definitely not enough time.

keg in kc 03-06-2010 08:18 PM

Entertainment Weekly is saying Fringe will be back for a third season.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2010 08:38 PM

In other Fringe news, Ari Graynor lives a block away. I've run into to her several times and her home is on our daily dog walk route, but I never put two and two together until last week. Her weight fluctuates and her hair color changes as well.

She's "cute" but she has one major negative IMO: She's a smoker.

keg in kc 03-06-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6583740)

I'm with you there. Smoking's a deal-killer for me.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6583763)
I'm with you there. Smoking's a deal-killer for me.

Yeah, it's disgusting and totally unattractive.

Someday, I'll list all of the people that live in my neighborhood.

:evil:

007 03-06-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6583740)
In other Fringe news, Ari Graynor lives a block away. I've run into to her several times and her home is on our daily dog walk route, but I never put two and two together until last week. Her weight fluctuates and her hair color changes as well.

Ok, I've done a search and have no idea who she is on the show. Which eps was she in so I can figure it out.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6583878)
Ok, I've done a search and have no idea who she is on the show. Which eps was she in so I can figure it out.

She's Olivia's sister, Rachel.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3117980160/nm0310966

http://pro.imdb.com/media/rm391416320/tt1119644

http://pro.imdb.com/media/rm139758080/tt1119644

007 03-06-2010 09:52 PM

The second and third links don't work for me because it is for pro.

I thought that might be who it was but she looks a lot different in that first pic than on the show.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6583893)
The second and third links don't work for me because it is for pro.

I thought that might be who it was but she looks a lot different in that first pic than on the show.

That's why I wasn't able to place her for months on end. I never knew her full name, yet I'd run into her on the walk, at Lake Hollywood, etc. and I just couldn't figure out why she looked familiar.

BigRedChief 03-06-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6583881)
She's Olivia's sister, Rachel.

You know I send you Chiefs inside info. How about some inside hollywood info?

007 03-06-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6583911)

definitely:thumb:

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6583911)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6583916)
definitely:thumb:

What do you guys want to know?

Here's one tidbit: The producer of the "Hurt Locker" that was banned from the Oscars lives 20 feet from me, directly across the street. It was the BEST career move EVER for him to sent that letter.

His visibility has skyrocketed worldwide.

BigRedChief 03-06-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6583940)
What do you guys want to know?

Here's one tidbit: The producer of the "Hurt Locker" that was banned from the Oscars lives 20 feet from me, directly across the street. It was the BEST career move EVER for him to sent that letter.

His visibility has skyrocketed worldwide.

Crap, I wouldn't even know what to ask about. Not really into the celebrity thing. I worked with Brad Pitt when he was a dishwasher. I've met many "Stars" in the sports world. Never been awe stuck by any of them.

Most in awe I've ever been was meeting Ronald Reagan, the man had a "presense" about him. Got to spend a couple of hours discussing foreign policy with Henery Kissinger one time. That was pretty cool.

Maybe something like whos an asshole in person but has a good public reputation?

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6583946)
Crap, I wouldn't even know what to ask about. Not really into the celebrity thing. I worked with Brad Pitt when he was a dishwasher. I've met many "Stars" in the sports world. Never been awe stuck by any of them.

Most in awe I've ever been was meeting Ronald Reagan, the man had a "presense" about him. Got to spend a couple of hours discussing foreign policy with Henery Kissinger one time. That was pretty cool.

Maybe something like whos an asshole in person but has a good public reputation?

I met Brad a few years back and he was cool as hell. It's too bad he has to live in a fish bowl.

Hmm, I'll have to think about your question. Most people that I've met and hung out with have been really cool.

Although my wife has hated Jason Patric since the early 90's. She thinks he's a real dick.

BigRedChief 03-06-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6583957)
I met Brad a few years back and he was cool as hell. It's too bad he has to live in a fish bowl.

I remember him because all the 22 year old waitresses were after him as a 16 year old kid. Falling all over themselfs to give him a ride home after work.

007 03-06-2010 11:15 PM

John Quaid is the only star I ever met.

Well, and the entire group of the band Chicago.

tymania 03-08-2010 08:33 AM

Hey does anyone know what happened to this show? did it get canceled? i dont want to sift through the thread to see if that information is in here already

Silock 03-08-2010 10:00 AM

It's not cancelled. It's still going.

Baby Lee 03-08-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6583957)

Hmm, I'll have to think about your question. Most people that I've met and hung out with have been really cool.

Although my wife has hated Jason Patric since the early 90's. She thinks he's a real dick.

Of my few 'celebrity encounters' was Brad Pitt judging a round of me doing Lincoln Douglas debate at Kickapoo HS back in 87.

keg in kc 03-08-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6586546)
Hey does anyone know what happened to this show? did it get canceled? i dont want to sift through the thread to see if that information is in here already

It's on one of Fox's infamous long breaks. It's back on April Fool's Day. It got buried by everybody's brad pitt recollections, but they recently just picked it up for a 3rd season.

aturnis 03-31-2010 10:31 PM

Get ready, it's back.
Can't wait. The preview for this episode looked really good.

007 03-31-2010 10:39 PM

It's probably a April fools joke and actually starts next week.

007 04-01-2010 11:47 PM

Loved the 80's theme.

BigRedChief 04-02-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6647940)
Loved the 80's theme.

yeah that was pretty cool. Got to find out how the arm was lost. How exactly Peter got on this side etc.

Mr. Plow 04-02-2010 09:37 AM

Great episode.

007 04-02-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6648313)
yeah that was pretty cool. Got to find out how the arm was lost. How exactly Peter got on this side etc.

As soon as she showed up at the site, I knew she would be losing her arm there.

BigRedChief 04-06-2010 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6649363)
As soon as she showed up at the site, I knew she would be losing her arm there.

Her "young" makeup needed some work. It was pretty bad. But it does open up a lot "stuff" now. Now we know the red head has been involved from the start and she's not totally the bad guy in all this.

aturnis 04-06-2010 06:51 PM

I'm still wondering what's up with Nina Sharp too. At first, she seems to be the bad guy, then, of course she is working for William Bell, who we find out is not bad, or hasn't become bad in Walters absence. So she can't be all bad right? Then in one episode she kisses Broyles, what's up with that? Now, in this episode, it seems she worked with them. I also kind of got the feeling she was William Bells woman. Wonder when the light will be shed on "who is Nina Sharp?"

Miles 04-08-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6647940)
Loved the 80's theme.

Yeah that intro was great. It was pretty amusing too see a few things on the list of "fringe" ideas that are not so out there anymore.

Cold Fusion
Cloning
DNA Profiling
Nanotechnology
Invisibility
Genetic Engineering
Laser Surgery
Stealth Technology
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Virtual Reality