ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeff Chadiha Interviewed on 810 this morning -Interesting bits about Cassel and OC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255513)

gblowfish 02-02-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8342974)
Clearly, there was conflict between Dr. Evil and Haley almost from the get-go. However, did Haley make Pioli throw stuff at the TV because he wasn't mentioned in a news piece? I think not.Then, there's another part of me that wants to know what in the name of Bill Muir's Depends Budget is wrong with Pioli. He sounds unstable.

FAX

Well, he IS married into the family....the Parcells family. Can you imagine what Thanksgiving dinner is like? Bill and Scott pushing and shoving each other, grasping for a turkey leg, cursing and spitting, and fighting for who gets the turkey leg? It's got to be a very "type-A" family dynamic.

King_Chief_Fan 02-02-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8342883)
Is enough for me to be done with him. We'll see. If this team trots out Matt Cassel and loses, the stadium will be empty and that should be enough right there to make Clark want to make a move.

the trouble is, Chiefs fans don't quit spending the money. They keep on and on and on. It is the only way to get the "Company's" attention. Quit buying the product.

Brock 02-02-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 8343012)
the trouble is, Chiefs fans don't quit spending the money. They keep on and on and on. It is the only way to get the "Company's" attention. Quit buying the product.

Take a look at the stadium on gameday. The money has dried up.

Chiefnj2 02-02-2012 10:09 AM

Why is a national ESPN football analyst going on local KC talkshows to talk about the Chiefs when the Super Bowl is 3 days away?

KCUnited 02-02-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8343027)
Why is a national ESPN football analyst going on local KC talkshows to talk about the Chiefs when the Super Bowl is 3 days away?

It's a weekly segment. 810 is in Indy this week. He's got a pretty good relationship with with the 810 morning guys.

DJ's left nut 02-02-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8342883)
I've really soured on this guy. No doubt he was the best hire at the time. So props to Clark for that move at that time.

Doug Whaley was the best hire at the time.

But he sent out a profane email, so clearly he wasn't GM caliber anymore...

ROYC75 02-02-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8342898)
Chiefs play 2 playoff teams next year (I'm not counting the Broncos fluke).

so, expect a 9-6 / 8-8 season, and a general mindset from teh Chiefs/Pioli of "all is gonig to plan. we're building with Cassel"

short of a couple of 24+ losses/blowouts, I don't see Clark making a change.

9-6 =16 Is this the New Pioli math ?:p

Hydrae 02-02-2012 10:48 AM

Here I was thinking Haley was the crazy one. Now I am thinking they are both nuts. Is it Clark driving them crazy or is it in the water?

Dayze 02-02-2012 10:57 AM

:doh!:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 8343079)

:banghead:

mrbiggz 02-02-2012 11:10 AM

Why the fukk is Pioli worried about how the coaches park? If this is true he has to go. There should be no reason why this is on his pallette of things to focus on. Makes no sense at all.

Sofa King 02-02-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbiggz (Post 8343129)
Why the fukk is Pioli worried about how the coaches park? If this is true he has to go. There should be no reason why this is on his pallette of things to focus on. Makes no sense at all.

A dispute over parking is "the thing" that makes you decide to fire a GM?????

Lighten up Francis....

Chiefnj2 02-02-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8343156)
A dispute over parking is "the thing" that makes you decide to fire a GM?????

Lighten up Francis....

I think it is more of - would I rather have my GM getting in a tizzy over an exec taking up two parking spots and having to devote time to addressing it, or would I rather have the GM look at the roster and say "Hey, I have a rookie backing up the LG, C and RG positions, and nobody else. What can I do to add some depth?"

Radar Chief 02-02-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 8343079)

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes. /Jack Butler

DaWolf 02-02-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb (Post 8342815)
2/2 Update: Chadiha is on 810 again this morning. He told a story he heard recently about Pioli. Keep in mind that this story occurs after Pioli was already here in KC.

Apparently Pioli was in a meeting room and a tv on in the background was running a story on the Patriots and the 'Patriot Way'. I guess the tv report went on and on about Tom Brady and Bill Belichek. There was no mention of Pioli. Chadiha said he was told that Pioli got so infuriated that he was not mentioned that he got up, grabbed something off the table and threw it at the wall. He yelled 'I helped build that thing!'

So a grown man who is supposed to be leading OUR organization throwing tantrums.... These Chadiha interviews are very insightful, but so depressing.

I'm not sure how insightful they are. They are certainly entertaining stories, but they stink of people who have an axe to grind with Pioli or who are trying to smear the guy at this point. I mean seriously, a new Pioli sucks story every week? It's reaching a point where I am starting to think some ex-front office folk or ex-scouts that Pioli axed are just badmouthing the guy. If the guy was that egotistical or starved for attention and accolades, he'd be talking to the media every week like Carl did. If he was so power hungry, he could've taken a number of jobs during that whole Patriots run rather than turning down job offer after job offer in order to work behind the scenes in New England. Something just seems off and over the top with a lot of these "stories" from "people" who have talked to Chadhia...

htismaqe 02-02-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8343039)
It's a weekly segment. 810 is in Indy this week. He's got a pretty good relationship with with the 810 morning guys.

Jeff also lives in KC.

ChiefsCountry 02-02-2012 11:31 AM

From people I know in the Chiefs front office all of this is true. Its not the media having a grind.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief 02-02-2012 11:34 AM

Then he needs go to anger management and maybe see a shrink.

Rausch 02-02-2012 11:38 AM

If what has been reported is true, and Pioli is as OCD as it seems, how the **** do you look at the roster last offseason and be ok with it?

How do you see the $#it coaches and players we trotted out there and think "This is better than good. I'm ok with this..."

Tribal Warfare 02-02-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8343183)
From people I know in the Chiefs front office all of this is true. Its not the media having a grind.
Posted via Mobile Device

If it's all true, Pioli era won't last long because all this will cause an implosion ( staff/personel) that would make Steven Hawking's wormhole theory seem like hula hoops.

I mean epic Oakland Raider type of meltdown.

philfree 02-02-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8343174)
I'm not sure how insightful they are. They are certainly entertaining stories, but they stink of people who have an axe to grind with Pioli or who are trying to smear the guy at this point. I mean seriously, a new Pioli sucks story every week? It's reaching a point where I am starting to think some ex-front office folk or ex-scouts that Pioli axed are just badmouthing the guy. If the guy was that egotistical or starved for attention and accolades, he'd be talking to the media every week like Carl did. If he was so power hungry, he could've taken a number of jobs during that whole Patriots run rather than turning down job offer after job offer in order to work behind the scenes in New England. Something just seems off and over the top with a lot of these "stories" from "people" who have talked to Chadhia...

I feel this way. If any of these stories are really 100% true then why is no one person coming out and confirming it. All we are getting is anonymous source stuff from the press. I don't know but it seems like with no real proof some of this stuff is getting close to slander.

Pants 02-02-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8343215)
I feel this way. If any of these stories are really 100% true then why is no one person coming out and confirming it. All we are getting is anonymous source stuff from the press. I don't know but it seems like with no real proof some of this stuff is getting close to slander.

Because people like having their NFL careers. Nobody is ever going to hire a snitch.

DaWolf 02-02-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8343183)
Posted via Mobile Device

Then why is all of this conveniently coming out now? Why not a year ago, two years ago? The stories are flowing now that Haley has been canned. Where was Chadiha with this story last year?

I'm not saying things are rosy in the front office and Pioli is a great guy, I'm saying some of this stuff sounds over the top.

Chadiha and Whitlock are tight as well, so I'm not surprised that he has an overly negative view of Pioli. I'm just waiting for someone who has personally interacted with the guy to come out and rip him publicly, sort of like Channing Crowder did with Jeff Ireleand the other day, rather than all of these "stories" that are now being thrown out there by unknown people...

Dayze 02-02-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8343173)
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes. /Jack Butler

exactly what I thought after I realized what I'd done. great movie.

philfree 02-02-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8343220)
Because people like having their NFL careers. Nobody is ever going to hire a snitch.

I'd buy that to a point but if you brought down Pioli you might further your career.:shrug:

Coogs 02-02-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8343174)

My SIL lives in KC. She goes to a chriopractor who used to work for the Chiefs during training camp. That's a pretty good gig. She said he quit the job because Pioli was a total dick all the time.

Think about that. That would be a great job to have. But the guy is much happier now that he does not have to deal with the way Pioli treats people

Micjones 02-02-2012 12:08 PM

Most of these reports are only stories because this franchise hasn't had much success under the Pioli regime.

No one would give two shits about him flinging a chair against a wall if we'd won a playoff game over the last 3 years. Winning will cure all of this.

KCUnited 02-02-2012 12:10 PM

Complaints of how the front office is being run isn't new, people just didn't want to hear it. The whole "Lamar would be embarrassed" bit has been floating since Pioli got here when stories of how ex-Chief players were being treated and the facilities started to get locked down.

DJ's left nut 02-02-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8343233)
Most of these reports are only stories because this franchise hasn't had much success under the Pioli regime.

No one would give two shits about him flinging a chair against a wall if we'd won a playoff game over the last 3 years. Winning will cure all of this.

You're right that fans wouldn't care.

But potential coaches, FAs, etc... would. And guess what, we're not getting the potential coaches, FAs, etc... that actually create winning precisely because of these stories.

If you win first, then you can be a complete shithead because people like being associated with a winner. But you can't be a shithead first, then expect to assemble a winning staff.

the Talking Can 02-02-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8343221)
Then why is all of this conveniently coming out now? Why not a year ago, two years ago? The stories are flowing now that Haley has been canned. Where was Chadiha with this story last year?

I'm not saying things are rosy in the front office and Pioli is a great guy, I'm saying some of this stuff sounds over the top.

Chadiha and Whitlock are tight as well, so I'm not surprised that he has an overly negative view of Pioli. I'm just waiting for someone who has personally interacted with the guy to come out and rip him publicly, sort of like Channing Crowder did with Jeff Ireleand the other day, rather than all of these "stories" that are now being thrown out there by unknown people...

chadiha been's on this theme all year on 810, they even talked about that fact today...

but until shit went down with haley, no one was inclined to care or believe it

DaWolf 02-02-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8343240)
Complaints of how the front office is being run isn't new, people just didn't want to hear it. The whole "Lamar would be embarrassed" bit has been floating since Pioli got here when stories of how ex-Chief players were being treated and the facilities started to get locked down.

There have been complaints about the Chiefs front office since the 1970's. Lamar certainly didn't seem embarrassed by the buffoons running things in the 70's and 80's, or the whole King Carl regime of the 90's, and 2000's, of which we have actual people on record and actual public references of Carl being an a-hole, not to mention the number of players who have ripped Carl publicly.

Working for a guy who is a control freak, demands perfection, and can come across as an a-hole is nothing new and nothing unique to the Chiefs. It's a style that only certain type of people can thrive under, and takes time to get those people in place. People who say winning is the cure are right. It's the difference between Belichick in Cleveland, where these same types of stories were told, and Belichick in New England.

Unless Pioli does something where players and agents come out to publicly rip him, or he does something where it is public record that he has shamed the organization (IE DUI), then I'm not going to put too much stock into a "hey, I heard a story from someone who used to work for the Chiefs that the guy is an a-hole" stories. His bottom line for me is wins and losses, and he's got basically this upcoming year to get that done for me...

Chiefnj2 02-02-2012 12:44 PM

3 years ago who would have thought Chief fans would be saying 'Carl Peterson, he's a real nice guy compared to Pioli."

Fish 02-02-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8343215)

Most of the former employees, including Haley, had to sign confidentiality agreements to prevent exactly that. If they did come out and confirm it on record, the Chiefs could sue the shit out of them.

Okie_Apparition 02-02-2012 12:55 PM

That's so over the top it's hard to fathom it to be true
Prove them wrong Scotty Poutoli & win

DaWolf 02-02-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8343298)
chadiha been's on this theme all year on 810, they even talked about that fact today...

but until shit went down with haley, no one was inclined to care or believe it

Really? Care to point me to where Chadhia was going on a rampage against Pioli prior to the last few months since Haley was canned? I can't find any record of him roasting Pioli prior to all these people getting canned. If this was all so well known, why wasn't he on the air when Pioli got hired telling us all this stuff? If Pioli was such a douche to everyone, where are all the stories from anonymous ex-employees in New England who couldn't stand him?

It just comes across as if someone is feeding him a bunch of stories now that Haley has been canned. And based on his comment last week about "a conversation" he had with Haley during the season where Haley told him that his dad told him he "couldn't win" with Cassel, I wouldn't be shocked if he's getting a lot of this stuff fed to him by Haley...

BigChiefFan 02-02-2012 01:12 PM

Let me know when he has a hold-out or calls out players in public.

the Talking Can 02-02-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8343383)
Really? Care to point me to where Chadhia was going on a rampage against Pioli prior to the last few months since Haley was canned? I can't find any record of him roasting Pioli prior to all these people getting canned. If this was all so well known, why wasn't he on the air when Pioli got hired telling us all this stuff? If Pioli was such a douche to everyone, where are all the stories from anonymous ex-employees in New England who couldn't stand him?

It just comes across as if someone is feeding him a bunch of stories now that Haley has been canned. And based on his comment last week about "a conversation" he had with Haley during the season where Haley told him that his dad told him he "couldn't win" with Cassel, I wouldn't be shocked if he's getting a lot of this stuff fed to him by Haley...

i guess you could listen to 810's archives...i personally don't give a shit

KCUnited 02-02-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8343313)
There have been complaints about the Chiefs front office since the 1970's. Lamar certainly didn't seem embarrassed by the buffoons running things in the 70's and 80's, or the whole King Carl regime of the 90's, and 2000's, of which we have actual people on record and actual public references of Carl being an a-hole, not to mention the number of players who have ripped Carl publicly.

Working for a guy who is a control freak, demands perfection, and can come across as an a-hole is nothing new and nothing unique to the Chiefs. It's a style that only certain type of people can thrive under, and takes time to get those people in place. People who say winning is the cure are right. It's the difference between Belichick in Cleveland, where these same types of stories were told, and Belichick in New England.

Unless Pioli does something where players and agents come out to publicly rip him, or he does something where it is public record that he has shamed the organization (IE DUI), then I'm not going to put too much stock into a "hey, I heard a story from someone who used to work for the Chiefs that the guy is an a-hole" stories. His bottom line for me is wins and losses, and he's got basically this upcoming year to get that done for me...

tl;dr

As I said, the noise has been there and isn't new, whether you want to hear it or not is up to you.

BossChief 02-02-2012 02:05 PM

What free agents should we have signed that weren't because Pioli created an environment they didn't want to be part of?

Same question goes for coaches.

Same goes for our own free agents over the last couple years.

We haven't lost anyone except for Shaun Smith to FA and we replaced him with Allen Bailey and Amon Gordon....both look to be just as good or better and Bailey was very impressive as just a n00b.

Last year, given the circumstances, we had a pretty good FA period.

Breaston
Gaither
McClain
Gordon

Could we have gotten more? Sure.
Were there more than a handful of teams that improved their teams more than us in last years free agency? I dont really think so.

I cant remember a player we passed on going on to having a good year.

One things for sure, Pioli needs to have one hell of a solid draft to prove to some of us that the strength of this team the last two years (having solid drafts from top to bottom) was put in place because of him and not the guy running the show now in Chicago.

BossChief 02-02-2012 02:16 PM

One could also produce a convincing argument that letting Shaun Smith go ended up being the right move for the team.

Tyson Jackson played very well all year and Gilberry/Bailey are much younger and have an upside that is far greater than Shaun Smiths.

Titty Meat 02-02-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8343558)
What free agents should we have signed that weren't because Pioli created an environment they didn't want to be part of?

Same question goes for coaches.

Same goes for our own free agents over the last couple years.

We haven't lost anyone except for Shaun Smith to FA and we replaced him with Allen Bailey and Amon Gordon....both look to be just as good or better and Bailey was very impressive as just a n00b.

Last year, given the circumstances, we had a pretty good FA period.

Breaston
Gaither
McClain
Gordon

Could we have gotten more? Sure.
Were there more than a handful of teams that improved their teams more than us in last years free agency? I dont really think so.

I cant remember a player we passed on going on to having a good year.

One things for sure, Pioli needs to have one hell of a solid draft to prove to some of us that the strength of this team the last two years (having solid drafts from top to bottom) was put in place because of him and not the guy running the show now in Chicago.

How bout a back up QB?

BigMeatballDave 02-02-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8343647)
How bout a back up QB?

Uh, Hello? Palko?

Yeah, he completed a hail Mary and won.

BossChief 02-02-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

How bout a back up QB?

Ummmm, hello.

:p

Titty Meat 02-02-2012 02:55 PM

Haha i'd be cool with Cassel as the backup.

whoman69 02-02-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

How bout a back up QB?

How about depth at safety? How about a right tackle?

BossChief 02-02-2012 03:14 PM

Every starting quality RT that was a free agent re-signed with their own team.

The only guy that had a chance to be a starting quality OT (that actually hit the open market) was Gaither and we took a gamble on him.

As far as safety goes, I was a little surprised they didn't bring in Merriweather or the other guy NE cut...but the reasons for such showed themselves over the course of the season. Merriweather was hot garbage. There werent many people that knew more about them than Pioli and it showed to be the right decision.

I think that, for the most part, Pioli has made good decisions regarding this roster but when your centerpiece is Matt Cassel nothing else matters.

ChiefsCountry 02-02-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8343221)

Whitlock called Pioli out on it in 2009. The story has been there since Pioli was hired.

BossChief 02-02-2012 04:01 PM

Truth is, if three players dont have fluke ACL tears, all of this is moot.

Haley isnt fired
We win the division for the second year in a row
None of this shit matters.

007 02-02-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8343680)
Ummmm, hello.

:p

What about Mad Jack's mule?

tk13 02-02-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8343898)

Haley isnt fired
We win the division for the second year in a row
None of this shit matters.

You don't know that. They almost fired Haley after making the playoffs last year. All that would've done is prolong a toxic relationship. I don't think it's a real stretch at this point to say they didn't get along.

I do agree with all the points that say Pioli can fix this by winning. That's correct. I think you have to hope that the situation isn't so toxic that winning isn't going to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2 02-02-2012 04:19 PM

Imagine how good the team will be with a head coach that will have the team prepared to play by week 1.

Discuss Thrower 02-02-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8343942)
Imagine how good the team will be with a head coach that will have the team prepared to play by week 1.

I feel like how KC started in 2006-2008 will be similar to how they will start in 2012..

BossChief 02-02-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

With Orton or Stanzi?

I dont want to imagine this team ready to play game one with Cassel.

Is it ok if I imagine something else?

Ill go with Al Saunders being the OC with Ricky Stanzi as his quarterback.

that cool?

Hammock Parties 02-02-2012 05:30 PM

Wonder what this means

Quote:

I'll have more on the blog, and who knows, but sounded to me today like Pioli/Romeo want to be aggressive in improving the QB sitch. #Chiefs
Mellinger

ToxSocks 02-02-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8344122)
Wonder what this means

Mellinger

nothing.

007 02-02-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Wonder what this means

Mellinger

That he is a idiot

DeezNutz 02-02-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Wonder what this means

Mellinger

It means trying to improve the protection for Cassel, since he's clearly not the problem.

Titty Meat 02-02-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8344136)
It means trying to improve the protection for Cassel, since he's clearly not the problem.

If we had a franchise left tackle this team would have won 2 playoff games the other year.

DaWolf 02-02-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Wonder what this means

Mellinger

Depends on the OC hire. Zorn = Same system = Cassel, plus try to bring in a more legit backup than Palko.

Someone else, IE Saunders, means they're scrapping the whole system, so that likely means that they keep Cassel, but go hard after someone like Campbell and have essentially an open competition in TC...

O.city 02-02-2012 06:10 PM

Maybe they are gonna get Manning and have an open TC competition.

It'll be a tight one.

htismaqe 02-02-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

About 7-9.

chiefzilla1501 02-02-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

This team lost 2 games because of poor conditioning. Stupid coaching mistake. But the Chiefs then went 7-7 with poor talent with fine enough conditioning.

Blaming the season on conditioning is beyond the biggest level of stupid.

Brock 02-02-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8344523)

This team lost 2 games because of poor conditioning. Stupid coaching mistake. But the Chiefs then went 7-7 with poor talent with fine enough conditioning.

Because preparation just means working on your cardio.

-King- 02-02-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Blowout loses are ALWAYS on the coach.

petegz28 02-02-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

I think it's spot on because it sets the tone for the entire season. You come out in your 1st game, at home as defending division champs and you get waxed because you were soft, unprepared and unorganized. 4 of those 7 wins came against shit teams and in such case they weren't exactly blowouts either. One came because of a miracle fluke fumble that allowed us to win in OT. And we got blown out 4 times in one season. 2 of those on our field. 1 against a winless team on our field when we were playing for 1st place.

We scored 10 points in our first two games. We had the franchise record for least amount of points scored. We couldn't get plays in for shit for the majority of the season.

From the start of training camp with our lack of conditioning to the end of Haley this team had horrible coaching written all over it this season.

petegz28 02-02-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8344530)
Blowout loses are ALWAYS on the coach.

Not ALWAYS. I think most teams suffer 1 blow out a season or so where they just don't play well. That's just the rare occurance of a team playing badly.

We got blown out 4 times in one season. Out of the 27 blowouts in Chiefs history 9 came under Haley in 2 1/2 seasons. Thos 9 are not a rare occurance. Those 9 were becoming a ****ing tradition that screams terrible coaching.

Brock 02-02-2012 08:27 PM

"But they lost to really good teams like Buffalo and Miami!"

chiefzilla1501 02-02-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8344544)
Not ALWAYS. I think most teams suffer 1 blow out a season or so where they just don't play well. That's just the rare occurance of a team playing badly.

We got blown out 4 times in one season. Out of the 27 blowouts in Chiefs history 9 came under Haley in 2 1/2 seasons. Thos 9 are not a rare occurance. Those 9 were becoming a ****ing tradition that screams terrible coaching.

Good teams have games where a good defense gives up a lot of points. The difference is, Aaron Rodgers can put up 30 points to make the game competitive.

The Chiefs lost in blowouts because if the defense wasn't nails, Matt Cassel wasn't a good enough QB to keep up. This is a QB-driven league. in QB-driven leagues, teams put up points. If your team doesn't put up points against a team who does, you get blown out.

FAX 02-02-2012 08:28 PM

How many touchdowns did we score all year long? Anybody know?

It can't have been many. We only had ... I think ... 1 or 2 rushing TDs and one of those was on a wildcat play.

FAX

chiefzilla1501 02-02-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8344540)
I think it's spot on because it sets the tone for the entire season. You come out in your 1st game, at home as defending division champs and you get waxed because you were soft, unprepared and unorganized. 4 of those 7 wins came against shit teams and in such case they weren't exactly blowouts either. One came because of a miracle fluke fumble that allowed us to win in OT. And we got blown out 4 times in one season. 2 of those on our field. 1 against a winless team on our field when we were playing for 1st place.

We scored 10 points in our first two games. We had the franchise record for least amount of points scored. We couldn't get plays in for shit for the majority of the season.

From the start of training camp with our lack of conditioning to the end of Haley this team had horrible coaching written all over it this season.

The beginning of the season was a horrible mistake.

It was not a fireable mistake. Anyone who believes that 2 games makes an entire career had their mind set up from the start.

chiefzilla1501 02-02-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8344529)
Because preparation just means working on your cardio.

This team should have made the playoffs without Jamaal Charles with Matt Cassel at QB.

But by all means. It was the first two games that lost us the season.

007 02-02-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8344563)
The beginning of the season was a horrible mistake.

It was not a fireable mistake. Anyone who believes that 2 games makes an entire career had their mind set up from the start.

Yep. Quite a few of us knew Haley and CAssel were mistakes the minute they became Chiefs.

Brock 02-02-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8344579)
This team should have made the playoffs without Jamaal Charles with Matt Cassel at QB.

LMAO This team didn't look like it was even playing the same game in those first two games.

If it isn't shitty, reeruned coaching, what WAS it?

SAUTO 02-02-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8344579)

Wouldn't have winning those games put us in the playoffs?

You arent making sense here.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 02-02-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8344588)
LMAO This team didn't look like it was even playing the same game in those first two games.

It was a process. Thankfully, Haley developed Bowe into a 1000-yard receiver.

chiefzilla1501 02-02-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8344588)

The first two games were big mistakes. Based on a bad mistake based on a risk the coach took. You're crucifying a coach for 2 bad games. That's how ****ing reeruned we've become.

Nevermind that in the next 14 games, we came close to a playoff team despite the fact that our team without Charles, Berry, and Moeaki should have been embarrassment.

Go ahead. Say it out loud and I'll shut up. Any good coach could have taken a team to the playoffs with Matt Cassel, without Jamaal Charles. Say it loud.

If you wont' say it loud, then credit the coaching staff for making lemonade out of a lemon.

chiefzilla1501 02-02-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8344592)
Wouldn't have winning those games put us in the playoffs?

You arent making sense here.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's under the incredibly loose assumption that the team would have turned around in the next 14 games.

Phobia 02-02-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8343898)

Well-conditioned players can certainly suffer injuries. But they don't have as many injuries as poorly conditioned players. I question how well these guys were conditioned, especially with early season injuries like that.

SAUTO 02-02-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8344613)
That's under the incredibly loose assumption that the team would have turned around in the next 14 games.

How so? The season played out. We ended up 7-7 in those games.

wins in weeks one and two put us in the playoffs, even with palko starting , what 4 games.

Not being ready to play out of the gate cost us a playoff berth.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 02-02-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8344624)
How so? The season played out. We ended up 7-7 in those games.

wins in weeks one and two put us in the playoffs, even with palko starting , what 4 games.

Not being ready to play out of the gate cost us a playoff berth.
Posted via Mobile Device

Again. Look at the talent after losing Charles, Moeaki, and Berry. Was the team a playoff team? Even WITH those 3 key players, we all predicted 7-9. Without those guys, we ended up 7-9.

The fact that we won 7 games was a goddamn miracle. 2 games in an entire career should not a career make.

JFC. Norv Turner turns an ultra-talented team into a bubble playoff team. Todd Haley takes a bad team and turns them into a bubble playoff team. One of the two keeps their job. If Pioli gave Haley good enough players to work with, the Chiefs would be in the playoffs. That's the bigger issue. Not two games that they lose against teams that ended up being pretty good.

SAUTO 02-02-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8344634)
Again. Look at the talent after losing Charles, Moeaki, and Berry. Was the team a playoff team? Even WITH those 3 key players, we all predicted 7-9. Without those guys, we ended up 7-9.

The fact that we won 7 games was a goddamn miracle. 2 games in an entire career should not a career make.

JFC. Norv Turner turns an ultra-talented team into a bubble playoff team. Todd Haley takes a bad team and turns them into a bubble playoff team. One of the two keeps their job. If Pioli gave Haley good enough players to work with, the Chiefs would be in the playoffs. That's the bigger issue. Not two games that they lose against teams that ended up being pretty good.

what are you talking about? Who gives two shits what anyone predicted our record would be?

Bottom line we come out of the gate ready to play and win weeks one and two we are in the playoffs, even with haley screwing us for four games with a palko dildo...

Imo haley very possibly cost this team 5 wins all by himself this year.
Posted via Mobile Device