ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs hire Daboll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255811)

xztop12 02-04-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8347318)
Cleveland was a mess. Miami was a mess. There was far too much wrong with the players on the field for anyone to form a decisive conclusion about the man's abilities as a coordinator.

All of you people freaking out about this are the same exact reeruns who say you NEED a franchise QB. Derp dee derp, but OC's who are shackled with terrible QB's are bad, and ones who take jobs with great QB's are smart?

Am I the ONLY person who sees the rather stupid circular logic that kind of assessment is based around?

Now here's why I don't like it: Pioli did the safe thing AGAIN. He hired what he was familiar with. Here's another thing that pisses me off: I think this has a lot to do with Matt Cassel. We bring in another Earhardt-Perkins guy because it's the only offense Cassel knows and he apparently struggled with the minor changes in philosophy between NE, Haley, and Weis (all of whom run the same system!). Not only that, but because the system changes so little it doesn't create a learning curve that would expose Cassel's lack of actual ability in a competition with another QB.

The positive in this is that it would require the least transition because it's the same system.

The problem is that his background won't excite anyone. Still though, fans over-rate coordinators. Talent is more important. Get a better QB. As long as he understands 'run on 3rd and short" and 'pass on 3rd and long", it's up to the talent to execute. I'm sick of us blaming coordinators instead of fixing the talent issues. We did it with the defense during the DV years. We need a better QB, and until we get one we'll be cycling through OC's.

I don't like the hire, but it's not so much an indictment on Daboll's abilities, which I think are hard to discern. I don't like it because it's exactly who I expected us to hire. Safe and predictable. Blah.

I disagree. I think football is won with execution, and execution is the sum of coaching, repetitions and muscle memory

WhiteWhale 02-04-2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop12 (Post 8347363)
I disagree. I think football is won with execution, and execution is the sum of coaching, repetitions and muscle memory

Talented dedicated players execute. It's still the players that have to execute and the OC doesn't run the practice.. he calls the plays and sets up the offensive gameplan. Execution is far more about a head coach and the position coaches (who's job it is to ensure the individuals understand their role in the scheme) than coordinators.

Coaches matter, but the idea that an OC with a terrible team should be able to get anything but terrible results is naive at best and stupid at worst.

BigRock 02-04-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8347345)
Absolutely frightening, isn't it?

This is completely embarrassing...

Just talking win loss and TD:INT ratios, here are Chad Pennington and Brett Favres combined totals for with and without Daboll:

You're putting an awful lot of blame on the QB coach. Especially considering these are veteran QBs we're talking about. I mean, does anyone really think Favre went to NY and made drastic changes to his mechanics and whatnot on the advice of some guy he'd never heard of?

crazycoffey 02-04-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8347349)
Chad Pennington went to the 1-15 Dolphins and lead them to a 11-5 record with pretty much the same stats he got in NY the year before Daboll got there with essentially the same set of tools Brett had to work with.

I hope that last statement made sense, its late and it made sense to me.

Those boil down numbers of the surrounding production is way past scary.

Its the closest brand of "stat proof" we have to go off at the time being.

Lets just HOPE he has had an epiphany since then, I guess.

ANY KIND OF OPTIMISM IS FROWNED UPON AT CHIEFSPLANET. YOU ARE CLOSE TO GETTING NEG REP FOR THIS MESSAGE!!!1111!!!

BigRock 02-04-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 8347365)
You're putting an awful lot of blame on the QB coach. Especially considering these are veteran QBs we're talking about. I mean, does anyone really think Favre went to NY and made drastic changes to his mechanics and whatnot on the advice of some guy he'd never heard of?

Follow-up: here's Chad Pennington's stats from 2006, the season he won comeback player of the year and the Jets made the playoffs.

17 TD, 16 INT, 82.6 passer rating, 64.5 completion percentage. (16 games).

Here's his next season with Daboll we're supposed to be horrified by:

10 TD, 9 INT, 86.1 passer rating, 68.8 completion percentage (9 games).

It's practically the exact same.

crazycoffey 02-04-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 8347367)
Follow-up: here's Chad Pennington's stats from 2006, the season he won comeback player of the year and the Jets made the playoffs.

17 TD, 16 INT, 82.6 passer rating, 64.5 completion percentage. (16 games).

Here's his next season with Daboll we're supposed to be horrified by:

10 TD, 9 INT, 86.1 passer rating, 68.8 completion percentage (9 games).

It's practically the exact same.

SIGN CHAD PENNINGTON!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!

the Talking Can 02-04-2012 05:25 AM

according to pioli, the foundation of a superbowl team is comprised of Crennel, Daboll, and Cassel

this is what he's been building towards for 3 years

this is his master plan

Phobia 02-04-2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8347362)
This is a hire that screams "no worthy candidate from a playoff team wanted the job, so we called in a member of the tree. Go Cassel."

Phil, what do you see in this hire that says "we can win playoff games with this guy as our OC"?

I think you're reading me wrong. I'm not arguing FOR Daboll. I'm arguing against the assumption that he's going to be awful. You'll very rarely see me be 100% for or against a guy. I'd rather wait and see. I've learned enough lessons over the years to understand that some seemingly mediocre guys pleasantly surprise us and the guys we think are going to do well are sometimes our worst nightmare. Daboll may well be an offensive genius. Who knows?

What I do know is that a green QB coach probably had about 3% influence over Brett Favre's play in 2008. He probably fetched Brett's coffee and Jenn Sterger in between queuing up game film.

jspchief 02-04-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8347352)
I get what you're trying to prove with numbers. But when you start analyzing numbers you have to work with constants and eliminate variables. All you have are variables with the statistics you're presenting. RainMan and cdcox would laugh at the numbers you're presenting here simply because you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

It's an attempt to measure his impact with teams. How else would you judge his performance?

Statistics vs "he keeps getting hired". Even if the data is less than ideal, it's pretty much the only measurable to go by. His being recycled by a good ole boys network hardly proves anything.

DaWolf 02-04-2012 05:43 AM

This is obviously not a sexy hire, and I can't say it excites me, but not many hires would have excited me. So since everyone else is already ripping the move, I'll try to take a different view of it.

First, I doubt this was a "leftover" hire. This is probably the guy the Chiefs wanted after McDaniels took off for New England. Both Lombardi and LaCanfora mentioned it a while back. Since he was under contract until last week with the Dolphins, it's not a hire they had to rush to make.

Second, if we accepted the idea that Romeo's key thing was that he would provide stability and continuity with the offense, then it probably makes sense to look at this hire and say that it keeps in line with that same philosophy. Would it really make sense to have to spend another couple of years finding guys who fit into Saunder's offense, for example, if the goal is to win this year?

Third, Al Saunders was never an exciting candidate. His offenses post KC Pro-Bowl OL all ranked in the bottom half of the league in scoring. He has always been seriously overrated by Chiefs fans. Jim Zorn was never a serious candidate. Tom Clements wasn't going to leave Green Bay. Mike Sherman was going to go coach with his best friend in Miami. So who else would have been better that got swept up by other teams? Schottenheimer? Bruce Arians, who got run out of Pittsburgh? Greg Knapp, who the fans in Oakland are grumbling about? Dirk Koetter, whose offense was one of the worst in the league last year? I don't see very many exciting candidates that other teams hired which we swung and missed on, so we had to settle for the scrapheap.

So I could look at that list, then look at Daboll and say that he looks like a young up and coming coach who has progressed through the ranks from WR coach, to QB coach, to OC. The places where he has been OC, first Cleveland, that was just a joke. I don't know any OC who can coordinate a good offense with the likes of Seneca Wallace and a rookie Colt McCoy. McCoy actually regressed this year once Daboll left. Who did they have on offense, Hillis and Cribbs? That's a pathetic offense personnel-wise. Then, he goes to Miami. No training camp, and your starting QB gets hurt. So you have to try and get things done with Matt Moore, who was horrible the year before. But they were able to eventually get Moore playing well, and turned Reggie Bush into a legit running back. That's at least encouraging.

Everything I've read so far about the guy describes him as high energy, bright, well prepared, passionate, and not afraid of thinking outside the box and being creative on offense (I guess you have to when you don't have legit playmakers). So, again, this is not a hire that excites me, but it's not an unexpected hire. And because it is what it is, I'll try to look at some positives and get to know the guy better and hope that it works out positively. Most of the time with offensive coaches, it's more about fit and talent on offense than anything (see Mike McCarthy who was hired by the Packers despite coordinating the 31st ranked offense in the NFL the year they got him)...

The Bad Guy 02-04-2012 05:45 AM

This is just a complete joke. A laughingstock joke.

I hate this team more and more each day.

This is what the "exec of the decade" builds? This team has no current depth, a shit coaching staff, and the league looks at him like he's an iron fist dictator.

If Daboll is given full reigns of this offense, we are ****ing screwed.

The competition for the QB position is going to be Matt Cassel and Matt Moore. That's like being put in a wet t-shirt contest with Delta Burke and Kiristie Alley.

FML.

bevischief 02-04-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8347101)
Is it too late to get Muir back?

He's dead...

DaWolf 02-04-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8347373)
The competition for the QB position is going to be Matt Cassel and Matt Moore. That's like being put in a wet t-shirt contest with Delta Burke and Kiristie Alley.

FML.

I'm pretty sure Matt Moore is still under contract in Miami...

The Bad Guy 02-04-2012 05:49 AM

The only e-mail I received from my friend about the Daboll hire:

"Bill luring McDaniels back, really, really screwed Scott".

McDaniels was the first option by a longshot.

I'd rather McDaniels than this.

The Bad Guy 02-04-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8347375)
I'm pretty sure Matt Moore is still under contract in Miami...

Well, at least Kirstie Alley is staying in Miami.

Huffman83 02-04-2012 05:53 AM

Well that's great guys! An OC hired with enough time to have him involved in the draft process and he's still a young upstart with a chance to prove himself in the league! Maybe he could be our coach of the future! I think with the tools the Chiefs have and his previous experience w/ the Erhardt-Perkins offense will help develop Cassel and even Stanzi as our qbotf as they playbook won't change too much! Things are going to start looking up for this franchise!

Yeah, I really don't believe it either. But as mentioned earlier, our opinions are only based on if KC wins or not. And even if they did win most games we would all still complain about Cassel. Because we don't just want them to win, we want them to dominate in every aspect. Cassel is just too much of a liability and no OC is going to change that. I just don't care anymore. Sign,cut,draft,trade,hire,fire whoever. Win.

Pioli thinks this douche will help KC win games? So be it, we're from Missouri. **** you, show me. Win.

R8RFAN 02-04-2012 06:05 AM

Who knows... You guys may have caught lightening in a bottle.

Phobia 02-04-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8347371)
It's an attempt to measure his impact with teams. How else would you judge his performance?

I don't think WE can judge his performance. What he does doesn't take place on camera and it's not always measurable in terms of wins and losses or completions or even TD/INT ratio.

He's coaching guys. He's calling plays. He's still at the mercy of players executing what he's putting in. If a player doesn't execute or a defender blows up a play, that's not really a direct reflection on the offensive coordinator.

I see Planeteers start whining about terrible red-zone play calling all the time when the play calls were just fine but the players didn't do their jobs. They don't execute but we sit here and blame the OC. Not his fault. He called a play that got a guy open in the endzone but the QB didn't see him/overthrew him/he got sacked.

Didn't we just recently learn something about the sexy coaching choice - the young guy who came from a SB team and improved all their offensive numbers. Let's use the same criteria by which we're judging Daboll to see how Haley is going to do calling plays and micromanaging the offense for the Chiefs the past 3 years. It doesn't really work that way.

Huffman83 02-04-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8347380)
Who knows... You guys may have caught lightening in a bottle.

Nah, it's easier to be doom and gloom about it. That way if you're wrong, your team is still winning. And you don't feel as much like a jackass and you'll gladly say "I was wrong! He really turned this offense around! Matt Cassel is really tearing it up this year!"

Well...not gladly say that "Cassel is tearing it up." But yeah you get the idea.

MMXcalibur 02-04-2012 06:12 AM

Wow, former Browns and Dolphins offensive coordinator. They've looked real good the past couple seasons.

....remind me why I care about these pukes?

bevischief 02-04-2012 06:17 AM

I had a feeling this is who was going to be OC... No comment at this time...

R8RFAN 02-04-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffman83 (Post 8347383)
Nah, it's easier to be doom and gloom about it. That way if you're wrong, your team is still winning. And you don't feel as much like a jackass and you'll gladly say "I was wrong! He really turned this offense around! Matt Cassel is really tearing it up this year!"

Well...not gladly say that "Cassel is tearing it up." But yeah you get the idea.

Yup I know people like that, way too early to tell and as usual, people are over reacting.... I seriously don't know shit about Daboll but hey I don't know shit about Allen either.

Huffman83 02-04-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8347387)
Yup I know people like that, way too early to tell and as usual, people are over reacting.... I seriously don't know shit about Daboll but hey I don't know shit about Allen either.

We're fans. And to the people involved in the NFL...we know jack and shit. Unfortunately this board is generally well informed and realistic. I'd be happy to see this forum wrong though.

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 8347024)
Guess they finally found an O-coordinator who believes Cassel can play. He's had the job in Cleveland and Miami, so they were looking in the right places.

in a nutshell, Yes.

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8347018)
What kind of offensive philosophy does he bring?

based on what he did with the Dolphins and Browns, three yards and a cloud of dust.

DeezNutz 02-04-2012 07:09 AM

With Charles back and Cassel at the helm, I think our offensive philosophy will be six yards and a wobbly duck.

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8347397)
With Charles back and Cassel at the helm, I think our offensive philosophy will be six yards and a wobbly duck.

i agree with the wobbly duck fo sho.

1ChiefsDan 02-04-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8347270)
Let's hope Cassel shoots better than he throws.

Oh, come on. He will aim at Daboll and hit Pioli 10 yards to the right. Still a win?

Bump 02-04-2012 07:30 AM

so.......he's a guy who's been OC'ing terrible offenses for the past few years? AWESOME

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 07:33 AM

our new OC will give a whole new meaning to the term Throw DaBall

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 07:38 AM

Up early this morning, and decide to check in for the first time in what seems like forever.

And wish I hadn't.

The "Executive of the Decade" has done it again.

We drug this out until February, supposedly because we wanted to talk to coaches from playoff teams. When your final three are Zorn, Saunders and Daboll, I think it's pretty safe to say that this organization is a ****ing joke.

Then you proceed to pick the biggest turd in the bowl.

Pioli and his attempt to re-create the "Patriot Way" has sucked every last ounce of enthusiasm for this franchise right out of me. I wasn't a fan of the hire when it happened in 2009, but I never thought it would be this bad.

Go ahead and blow the 11th or 12th pick on another 5-technique or a RT, Scott. I'm fully expecting it, and more importantly, I don't give a shit anymore. Make sure you take someone that will pick up that candy wrapper.

At this point, the only thing that excites me about the Chiefs is knowing there will be a day - hopefully sooner rather than later - that this Patriot Way experiment comes to a ****ing end.

RealSNR 02-04-2012 07:39 AM

I would rather have Zorn.

**** this team in the ass.

RealSNR 02-04-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8347406)
Up early this morning, and decide to check in for the first time in what seems like forever.

And wish I hadn't.

We drug this out until February, supposedly because we wanted to talk to coaches from playoff teams. When your final three are Zorn, Saunders and Daboll, I think it's pretty safe to say that this organization is a ****ing joke.

Pioli and his attempt to re-create the "Patriot Way" has sucked every last ounce of enthusiasm for this franchise right out of me. I wasn't a fan of the hire when it happened in 2009, but I never thought it would be this bad.

Go ahead and blow the 11th or 12th pick on another 5-technique or a RT, Scott. I'm fully expecting it, and more importantly, I don't give a shit anymore. Make sure you take someone that will pick up that candy wrapper.

At this point, the only thing that excites me about the Chiefs is knowing there will be a day - hopefully sooner rather than later - that this Patriot Way experiment comes to a ****ing end.

The worst part is that it seems Clark is behind all of this garbage and bullshit change. I'm not so sure this will get any better.

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

agreed.

the Patriot Way is nothing more than Living In The Past.

ILChief 02-04-2012 07:48 AM

Print 'em

Chronic 02-04-2012 07:51 AM

And we all laugh at Oakland..If theres a more dysfunctional half a$$, mickey mouse ran team its our very own Chiefs. What a joke of a franchise. We been a joke for 50 years and it'll be another 50 years before we even win another playoff game.. fuck this team already... Done with this sh*t

memyselfI 02-04-2012 07:55 AM

Great. Just what Cassel needs. Another hot head asshole at OC.

brorth 02-04-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8347120)
ROFL

Larry the Offense Guy.

FAX

Larry the Daboll Guy.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charming? (Post 8347408)
The worst part is that it seems Clark is behind all of this garbage and bullshit change. I'm not so sure this will get any better.

I guess that depends on your definition of "behind all of this."

Of course, he is by extension because he made the hire.

But I also think Clark is an extremely hands-off owner that picks a guy and then just lets him roll. Or in this case, crawl.

Maybe he does believe in all this bullshit Pioli is selling, because he's done nothing to make me believe he's embarrassed by bad PR of the last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8347409)
agreed.

the Patriot Way is nothing more than Living In The Past.

The Patriot Way is the Patriot's Way.

Tom Dimitroff has put together a pretty good team down in Atlanta, and he's done it HIS way. He created a new identity for the organization. Sure, you can make the argument that they haven't won anything, but they've also been unfortunate to get matched up with the NFC SB representative in their first playoff game the past two seasons.

We need someone that will create a unique identity for this franchise, instead of just trying to copy another team's without the two most important pieces of the puzzle - a HOF QB and HOF HC.

The Patriot Way is nothing without Brady and Belichick.

mlyonsd 02-04-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8347160)
That new PR guy leaked it to Schefter just so they could take ChiefsPlanet's temperature on the matter. It will never happen now. Pioli trusts the judgment of ChiefsPlanet experts.

ROFL On a very dark day, in a very sad thread, this made me laugh.

R8RFAN 02-04-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8347405)

Or Smoke Daboll

Bugeater 02-04-2012 08:06 AM

splatbass should be along any minute to tell us all how much we're overreacting.

Al Bundy 02-04-2012 08:07 AM

Sorry guys.

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 08:08 AM

i bet Daboll was plan b because Saunders wanted no part of Cassel as the QB.

RealSNR 02-04-2012 08:09 AM

Wait how do you pronounce this ****face's name?

Is it Duh-bowl?

Day-bowl?

Duh-ball?

Day-ball?

If it's Duh-ball, that would be preferable so I can make fun of him by going DUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BALL! DUHHHH DID WE DO IT GOIZ?

Huffman83 02-04-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8347419)
splatbass should be along any minute to tell us all how much we're overreacting.

We haven't burned anything down yet. So there's no way anyone could say we are overreacting.

Al Bundy 02-04-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charming? (Post 8347423)

Is it Duh-bowl?

Day-bowl?

Duh-ball?

Day-ball?

If it's Duh-ball, that would be preferable so I can make fun of him by going DUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BALL! DUHHHH DID WE DO IT GOIZ?

It's pronounced "Shitty ****ing Offensive Coordinator".

PRIEST 02-04-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8347405)

Do not know to cry or laugh . I do know this shit is getting old just Fu@ king win a playoff game before I die .

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charming? (Post 8347423)

Is it Duh-bowl?

Day-bowl?

Duh-ball?

Day-ball?

we wanna win Duh Bowl but might as well grab a snickers, it's gonna be a while.

bricks 02-04-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8347416)

But I also think Clark is an extremely hands-off owner that picks a guy and then just lets him roll. Or in this case, crawl.

Maybe he does believe in all this bullshit Pioli is selling, because he's done nothing to make me believe he's embarrassed by bad PR of the last year.

Tom Dimitroff has put together a pretty good team down in Atlanta, and he's done it HIS way. He created a new identity for the organization. Sure, you can make the argument that they haven't won anything, but they've also been unfortunate to get matched up with the NFC SB representative in their first playoff game the past two seasons.

We need someone that will create a unique identity for this franchise, instead of just trying to copy another team's without the two most important pieces of the puzzle - a HOF QB and HOF HC.

I think the Patriot way is Tom Brady period.

I give some credit to Belicheck, but I think he inherited a solid cast of veterans from the Parcells era...McGinest, Law, Bruschi, Milloy, Vinetieri....plus a good coach in Romeo...This was the Pats team in a nutshell...Sometimes I think Belicheck gets far more credit then he actually deserves. Without that core cast he is nothing.

bricks 02-04-2012 08:15 AM

LMAO you know hope and faith is lost when fans just want to win a playoff game and nothing else.

Huffman83 02-04-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8347430)
I think the Patriot way is Tom Brady period.

I give some credit to Belicheck, but I think he inherited a solid cast of veterans from the Parcells era...McGinest, Law, Bruschi, Milloy, Vinetieri....plus a good coach in Romeo...This was the Pats team in a nutshell...Sometimes I think Belicheck gets far more credit then he actually deserves. Without that core cast he is nothing.

His nothing is still better than KC's nothing.

malachi47000 02-04-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8347159)
Someone should write a shit-stink letter on behalf of all of us to Pioli and send a copy to the Star to print and really let Pioli have it about taking this team's fans for granted.

If someone like Saunders was really in the equation and we passed in favor of this rotten fruit fallen from the Tree we ought to publicly let Pioli know that enough is enough!

Any volunteers?

Dear Douchebag (a.k.a. Pioli),

We as a fan whole have decided that your incompetence has left a mark on this organization that resembles a Raider sized shit stain on this (used to be) wonderful franchise. Your repeated attempts to half ass your job in bringing in an actual QB that would help us win and every year going through a new "bottom of the barrel" OC switch can only be viewed as a way to get just enough wins and line the pockets of the Chiefs organization without accomplishing anything. The fact that Clark Hunt continues to support your decisions without stepping in shows he has no balls at all and is an embarrassment to what his father stood and fought for. SHAME ON YOU CLARK! The NFL world now looks at the Chiefs as a joke and Pioli as a ****ing reerun. On behalf of all of us at Chiefs Planet, go suck a dick!

Sincerely **** YOU

Big Chief Homer 02-04-2012 08:25 AM

I wish I was more like my father.........He was a Giants fan :huh::banghead:

penguinz 02-04-2012 08:30 AM

It is all part of the plan. They are going to sign peyton and he will run the offense.

FringeNC 02-04-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8347372)
So I could look at that list, then look at Daboll and say that he looks like a young up and coming coach who has progressed through the ranks from WR coach, to QB coach, to OC. The places where he has been OC, first Cleveland, that was just a joke. I don't know any OC who can coordinate a good offense with the likes of Seneca Wallace and a rookie Colt McCoy. McCoy actually regressed this year once Daboll left. Who did they have on offense, Hillis and Cribbs? That's a pathetic offense personnel-wise. Then, he goes to Miami. No training camp, and your starting QB gets hurt. So you have to try and get things done with Matt Moore, who was horrible the year before. But they were able to eventually get Moore playing well, and turned Reggie Bush into a legit running back. That's at least encouraging.

Everything I've read so far about the guy describes him as high energy, bright, well prepared, passionate, and not afraid of thinking outside the box and being creative on offense (I guess you have to when you don't have legit playmakers). So, again, this is not a hire that excites me, but it's not an unexpected hire. And because it is what it is, I'll try to look at some positives and get to know the guy better and hope that it works out positively. Most of the time with offensive coaches, it's more about fit and talent on offense than anything (see Mike McCarthy who was hired by the Packers despite coordinating the 31st ranked offense in the NFL the year they got him)...

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. It's obvious Pioli is doubling down on Cassel, and that is the real issue. Given that, Daboll was the obvious choice. We weren't going to switch to the Air Coryell offense with Matt F'n Cassel under center.

milkman 02-04-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan50/50 (Post 8347019)
To all the dumbshits who wanted Romeo as HC... go kill yourself... NOW

You're a bleeding vagina.

Please, regale us with stories that detail the brilliance of Brian Schottenheimer.

Oh, wait, you're too busy hanging off of Jeff Fisher's nuts to notice minor details, like hiring a useless bastard to OC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8347318)
Cleveland was a mess. Miami was a mess. There was far too much wrong with the players on the field for anyone to form a decisive conclusion about the man's abilities as a coordinator.

All of you people freaking out about this are the same exact reeruns who say you NEED a franchise QB. Derp dee derp, but OC's who are shackled with terrible QB's are bad, and ones who take jobs with great QB's are smart?

Am I the ONLY person who sees the rather stupid circular logic that kind of assessment is based around?

Now here's why I don't like it: Pioli did the safe thing AGAIN. He hired what he was familiar with. Here's another thing that pisses me off: I think this has a lot to do with Matt Cassel. We bring in another Earhardt-Perkins guy because it's the only offense Cassel knows and he apparently struggled with the minor changes in philosophy between NE, Haley, and Weis (all of whom run the same system!). Not only that, but because the system changes so little it doesn't create a learning curve that would expose Cassel's lack of actual ability in a competition with another QB.

The positive in this is that it would require the least transition because it's the same system.

The problem is that his background won't excite anyone. Still though, fans over-rate coordinators. Talent is more important. Get a better QB. As long as he understands 'run on 3rd and short" and 'pass on 3rd and long", it's up to the talent to execute. I'm sick of us blaming coordinators instead of fixing the talent issues. We did it with the defense during the DV years. We need a better QB, and until we get one we'll be cycling through OC's.

I don't like the hire, but it's not so much an indictment on Daboll's abilities, which I think are hard to discern. I don't like it because it's exactly who I expected us to hire. Safe and predictable. Blah.

Well said, and I could not agree more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by malachi47000 (Post 8347439)
Dear Douchebag (a.k.a. Pioli),

We as a fan whole have decided that your incompetence has left a mark on this organization that resembles a Raider sized shit stain on this (used to be) wonderful franchise. Your repeated attempts to half ass your job in bringing in an actual QB that would help us win and every year going through a new "bottom of the barrel" OC switch can only be viewed as a way to get just enough wins and line the pockets of the Chiefs organization without accomplishing anything. The fact that Clark Hunt continues to support your decisions without stepping in shows he has no balls at all and is an embarrassment to what his father stood and fought for. SHAME ON YOU CLARK! The NFL world now looks at the Chiefs as a joke and Pioli as a ****ing reerun. On behalf of all of us at Chiefs Planet, go suck a dick!

Sincerely **** YOU

Did you happen to notice how Lamar Hunt ran things for the last 30 years of his life?

He was even less involved than Clark.

Ownership has been shit ever since Lamar Hunt got what he wanted when he started this thing, an NFL franchise.

chiefzilla1501 02-04-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8347416)

Sadly, I'm beginning to sense that you're really wrong on point #1. We heard that Clark demands that this organization be run like his days at Goldman Sachs, so some of the crazy might have a lot to do with Hunt. Another thing I read in Gretz's piece the other day bothered me. The claim was that Haley got frustrated because every single minute decision had to include "Dallas." You know what that means? That sure sounds to me like Hunt is micro-managing Pioli's micromanagement. Double micromanaging.

On this one, though, you're right. This one really reeks of Pioli.

Step 1: Are you from the Parcells tree?
Step 2: Are you still available to coordinate an offense?
Step 3: I forgot... did you say you were from the tree? Just double checking

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8347448)

i say we fire up a homelite and saw that ****er down.

petegz28 02-04-2012 08:45 AM

Do we know for sure this was for the OC pos and that it is really a done deal?

Chiefnj2 02-04-2012 08:47 AM

How do you choose Daboll over Saunders?

chiefzilla1501 02-04-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8347450)
Do we know for sure this was for the OC pos and that it is really a done deal?

I don't know.

But ****, why did we wait this long? And why not wait 2 or 3 more days for the Super Bowl to end to see if a guy like Ferentz is even a possibility.

I'm not stoked about him. But would be a lot better.

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8347451)

Saunders probably said no because of MC.

phisherman 02-04-2012 08:50 AM

all just "reports" so far.

ROYC75 02-04-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan50/50 (Post 8347030)
The offensive philosophy of losing.

Daboll's offenses in Cleveland:

2009: 32nd in the NFL
2010: 29th in the NFL

Daboll's offense in Miami this year: 22nd in the NFL.

An expected Pioli move. Heh, look at the lone bright side, at least his offensive teams appear to be getting better.

Ole Hank is probably rolling in his grave...... :banghead:

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8347448)
Sadly, I'm beginning to sense that you're really wrong on point #1. We heard that Clark demands that this organization be run like his days at Goldman Sachs, so some of the crazy might have a lot to do with Hunt. Another thing I read in Gretz's piece the other day bothered me. The claim was that Haley got frustrated because every single minute decision had to include "Dallas." You know what that means? That sure sounds to me like Hunt is micro-managing Pioli's micromanagement. Double micromanaging.

On this one, though, you're right. This one really reeks of Pioli.

Step 1: Are you from the Parcells tree?
Step 2: Are you still available to coordinate an offense?

Didn't see that. Ugh.

KCUnited 02-04-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8347452)
I don't know.

But ****, why did we wait this long? And why not wait 2 or 3 more days for the Super Bowl to end to see if a guy like Ferentz is even a possibility.

I'm not stoked about him. But would be a lot better.

Super Bowl weekend, news gets buried.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8347451)

Neither were a good choice, but sadly, after doing some catch-up reading this morning, this fanbase was rationalizing Saunders as an option.

Choosing between Daboll, Zorn and Saunders is like choosing between lung, brain and ass cancer.

None are a good option.

chiefzilla1501 02-04-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8347456)
Didn't see that. Ugh.

"One of the things that gnawed at Haley almost immediately upon his arrival in the building was how little things became big things, the old making a mountain out of a mole hill. Plus, there was the inability of the organization to move quickly and pull the trigger on various situations. There were constant conversations, back and forth between the offices and Dallas, more meetings and still sometimes a decision couldn’t get made." - Gretz

Shox 02-04-2012 08:59 AM

This is wonderful news. Pioli was smart enough to hire a OC with zero resume becuase he is going to put all is FA chips on Peyton Manning. He did not want to have a OC who knew anything or had the clout to demand things be done his way. With Daboll, Manning will have to problem being the QB/OC.

Brilliant plan, print em.

Oh please let this be the plan.

Huffman83 02-04-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 8347454)
all just "reports" so far.

Yeah..maybe they signed him as the QB coach and Zorn will be the offensive coordinator. It's still not going to make anyone happy.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8347464)
"One of the things that gnawed at Haley almost immediately upon his arrival in the building was how little things became big things, the old making a mountain out of a mole hill. Plus, there was the inability of the organization to move quickly and pull the trigger on various situations. There were constant conversations, back and forth between the offices and Dallas, more meetings and still sometimes a decision couldn’t get made." - Gretz

Chiefs Pantalones 02-04-2012 09:01 AM

If we get a franchise QB, everything will look much better than it does right now. Coaches don't win games, players do. Big "if" though. Pioli's ego (Cassel) will probably cost him his job after this year.

Remember, Jim Caldwell looked like a good coach with Manning. Coaches are overrated. Get the QB.

dirk digler 02-04-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

And wish I hadn't.

Amen.

I am sick of this team and honestly I am done supporting them until the current regime is out.

Huffman83 02-04-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8347476)
Amen.

I am sick of this team and honestly I am done supporting them until the current regime is out.

YEAH!!! Me too, see you next season.

stonedstooge 02-04-2012 09:27 AM

Wonder if Clark will have the balls to skim $28 mill off the players side of revenues again this upcoming year. Salary floor doesn't kick in until 2013.

Chiefnj2 02-04-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8347459)
Neither were a good choice, but sadly, after doing some catch-up reading this morning, this fanbase was rationalizing Saunders as an option.

Choosing between Daboll, Zorn and Saunders is like choosing between lung, brain and ass cancer.

None are a good option.

Saunders has been able to put together good offenses. Daboll, not so much.

Plus, why come out and blatantly lie to the fan base the last few days during interviews where you keep saying you are waiting to interview certain candidates?

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8347476)
Amen.

i haven't bought anything Chiefs related since they traded for Castle, haven't even had NFL ticket since he arrived.

maybe after he's no longer here, i will.
looks like @ least another year before he and Pioli are both gone.

Bwana 02-04-2012 09:32 AM

As long as Cassel is under center, it doesn't matter who the OC is.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 09:33 AM

Not excited about the hire at all. Next to Zorn, this was one of the least desirable of the candidates.

I am not as down on him as others are here because of his lack of success as an OC rather I feel this hire just means Cassel will be the QB next season regardless of the "competition" brought in.

Daboll is going to run an offense that Cassel is familiar with thus giving Cassel a leg-up on the competition brought in. Whereas if a new system were to be installed, it wouldn't come down to just the physical tools of the competing QB's but in addition, their aptitude in picking up and running a new offensive system.

THAT is why I am pissed about this hire. It was a hire that favors Cassel...and Pioli.

:banghead: