ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Redskin trade for the number 2 pick Goodbye RGIII (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257094)

R8RFAN 03-10-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8436548)
I think it would be hilarious if the Colts drafted RG3 instead and then squeezed Dan Snyder for another 1st.

I also want to spread a horrible rumor about how RG3 likes 12 year old boys but we're going to need a superbly talented photoshopper to get him to drop to 11.

What would be funny is if RG3 pulled a Eli Manning on their ass on draft day and say he wasn't playing there..

NJChiefsFan 03-10-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8436550)
I really wish they would spend some real money and give you guys something to be excited about, yall damn well deserve it after all these years.

Thanks, although fake sympathy, or EVEN worse, really sympathy from a Raiders fan is a bigger kick in the balls then an insult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8436552)
What would be funny is if RG3 pulled a Eli Manning on their ass on draft day and say he wasn't playing there..

And then chooses Cleveland over KC.....

R8RFAN 03-10-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8436555)
Thanks, although fake sympathy, or EVEN worse, really sympathy from a Raiders fan is a bigger kick in the balls then an insult.

And then chooses Cleveland over KC.....

iT'S NOT FAKE SYMPATHY, I never said I wanted you guys to build a dynasty, just give you someone behind center you can be proud to have.

lostcause 03-10-2012 02:30 AM

A person familiar with the trade said the Redskins have a deal in place to acquire the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft from the St. Louis Rams. Washington will give up its first- and second-round selections this year, plus first-round picks in 2013 and 2014 in the trade, which can't be completed until the new league year begins Tuesday.

3?

The Redskins took a bold step Friday, shipping three first-round picks and a second-round selection to the St. Louis Rams in exchange for the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL draft. The stakes are high, as Mike Wise writes. Robert Griffin III could cure 20 years of bad quarterback play, or set the franchise back for years with the loss of draft picks.

3?

FAX 03-10-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8436552)

Man. I would trade 2 homies and maybe 3 bitch hos to see that happen.

FAX

R8RFAN 03-10-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8436560)

FAX

WERD

lostcause 03-10-2012 02:31 AM

St. Louis will receive Washington’s first and second-round picks this year, and the Redskins’ first-round picks in 2013 and 2014, according to several media reports.

yes. 3.

FAX 03-10-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcause (Post 8436559)
A person familiar with the trade said the Redskins have a deal in place to acquire the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft from the St. Louis Rams. Washington will give up its first- and second-round selections this year, plus first-round picks in 2013 and 2014 in the trade, which can't be completed until the new league year begins Tuesday.

3?

The Redskins took a bold step Friday, shipping three first-round picks and a second-round selection to the St. Louis Rams in exchange for the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL draft. The stakes are high, as Mike Wise writes. Robert Griffin III could cure 20 years of bad quarterback play, or set the franchise back for years with the loss of draft picks.

3?

Clearly, his brain cannot comprehend the equation as it stands. You must first convert 1st round picks to ass-capped homies.

FAX

NJChiefsFan 03-10-2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcause (Post 8436559)
3?

3?

Like you said before, semantics. Techincally they are trading 3 picks. They are getting 1 back though, so they are only really sacrificing 2 picks. Then you consider that the pick they are getting back is going to be better than any of the 3 they are giving up and it makes the comparision of the 1st rounders this year better for Washington.

If you have 5 apples, give away 3 and get back 1, you have 3 apples. You have given away 3, but in the end your basket did not lose 3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8436560)

FAX

Just like a typical Chiefs fan, never willing to give enough up.

lostcause 03-10-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8436568)
Like you said before, semantics. Techincally they are trading 3 picks. They are getting 1 back though, so they are only really sacrificing 2 picks. Then you consider that the pick they are getting back is going to be better than any of the 3 they are giving up and it makes the comparision of the 1st rounders this year better for Washington.

If you have 5 apples, give away 3 and get back 1, you have 3 apples. You have given away 3, but in the end your basket did not lose 3.

Just like a typical Chiefs fan, never willing to give enough up.

But the apples aren't equal - so they should be taken and merited individually. If the 2nd overall pick was equal to the 6th overall pick then, there wouldn't be this enormous discrepancy in compensation. So to allude that both picks are equal is silly.

FAX 03-10-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcause (Post 8436571)
But the apples aren't equal - so they should be taken and merited individually. If the 2nd overall pick was equal to the 6th overall pick then, there wouldn't be this enormous discrepancy in compensation. So to allude that both picks are equal is silly.

Exactly. 1 homie is not like the other.

FAX

NJChiefsFan 03-10-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcause (Post 8436571)

And the Skins are getting the 2nd, while the Rams the 6th, so the swap of those apples favors the Skins....if I may mix metaphor with reality.

FAX 03-10-2012 02:40 AM

In fact, no two homies are alike.

Some homies are fat. Some homies are skinny. Some homies like porridge.

It's a freaking nightmare.

FAX

FAX 03-10-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8436573)
And the Skins are getting the 2nd, while the Rams the 6th, so the swap of those apples favors the Skins....if I may mix metaphor with reality.

But they also get a bitch ho.

FAX

NJChiefsFan 03-10-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8436575)
But they also get a bitch ho.

FAX

I keep forgetting to carry her in the equation.

CoMoChief 03-10-2012 02:50 AM

Snyder is a moron.

This is worse than the NO trading away an entire draft for Ricky Williams.

At least in NO, this only effected one year's worth of draft picks.

A lot of players if not most players that are drafted in the 2nd day don't ever see the field, and don't play a significant amount of snaps. They may be camp fodder, projects, or practice squad guys. 1st days picks are usually the players that make up your starting core of your football team, the players that see most of the playing time. Obviously the team is highly invested in these players as they were chosen high in the draft.

Not having first rd picks for the following 2 seasons is ultimately going to cripple that franchise. The talent they have on that offense as it is, is sub par at best. As much of a talent RG3 is, he's not going to be able to do it by himself in his rookie season. Look at Cam Newton. Great talent, but the team as a whole was garbage. How are they going to build around RG3 if they're not going to get him weapons in the 1st rd of the draft???

Stan Kronke, Fisher and Co. just put clown shoes on Shanahan and Daniel Snyder. LOL Meanwhile, STL is now in a great position to build around Bradford. 5 first rd picks within the next 3 years (counting this year). They can surely do a LOT of damage in the draft with that kinda ammo. They need it too...

Phobia 03-10-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8436558)
iT'S NOT FAKE SYMPATHY, I never said I wanted you guys to build a dynasty, just give you someone behind center you can be proud to have.

We want that for the raiders too. Wait... no we don't.

Dylan 03-10-2012 02:55 AM

Excerpts: Washington Post
Quote:

The deal shifts the Redskins up four places from sixth in the April draft, leapfrogging any other team that would have an interest in the Heisman Trophy winner from Baylor. The Indianapolis Colts are expected to take Andrew Luck with the No. 1 pick.

The bold move demonstrates how badly the Redskins are in need of a franchise quarterback after two decades of struggles. Coach Mike Shanahan has already whiffed on three in his two seasons in Washington, with Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman and John Beck combining to produce an 11-21 record.
I have to admit with the huge amount Washington gave up to move up three spots - Would it have made sense the team shows up unprepared and loses three more games, it's on the coach.

If the Rams are good at drafting, they're going to have a bright future.

Deberg_1990 03-10-2012 03:06 AM

Im not sure its possible to overpay or give up too much for a potential franchise QB. Especially for a hopeless franchise like the Redskins who have struggled for two decades. Good move by Snyder for once.

Excellent for a rebuilding team like the Rams too.

CoMoChief 03-10-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8436589)
Im not sure its possible to overpay or give up too much for a potential franchise QB. Especially for a hopeless franchise like the Redskins who have struggled for two decades. Good move by Snyder for once.

Excellent for a rebuilding team like the Rams too.

It depends on where you are as a franchise.

If you're like the Chiefs, where all you need is a QB to be legit SB contenders, then you go all-in for that prize franchise QB.

That's not the case in WAS, they have problems everywhere, and who are going to be RG3's weapons??? Santana Moss? Roy Helu??? LOL c'mon. They're not going to have any 1st rd draft picks to surround him w/ talent in the recent future. RG3 is going to be expected to virtually do this all by himself and that's usually a path to incompetence from the FO and failure, and leads eventually to coaches being fired.

This move is going to cripple that franchise.

NJChiefsFan 03-10-2012 03:54 AM

I kinda feel like you should get the QB first, not last. You can win with a QB and a decent roster. You can't win with a really good roster and no QB.

CoMoChief 03-10-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8436604)
I kinda feel like you should get the QB first, not last. You can win with a QB and a decent roster. You can't win with a really good roster and no QB.

Well that's exactly the situation we have here in KC. Like it or not. That's why we need to throw all of our cards on the table and get Peyton Manning. This team is ready to win NOW. At least getting Manning won't cause us to give up draft compensation.

It depends on the state of the franchise like I said before.

You need 1 of 2 things in order for a young rookie QB to be successful in the NFL. 1 - You either get him some weapons around him to take the load off, or 2 - You have a stud defense that holds teams to under 14 ppg, and you run the football and ask the young QB to just manage the game. WAS has neither.

I'm not necessarily saying that you don't go all in to go up and get your franchise QB, but I also think you have to be smart about it. Hell I'd rather pull a Ditka and sacrafice the entire 2012 draft and make due with some FA signings (you know Snyder wouldn't have a problem w/ that) and then still have a first rd pick for the next couple years after that. I mean the odds anyways that the players drafted this year (which is a thin draft btw) from rounds 4-7 aren't going to amount to much, if anything at all. Stats would show that they're probably not going to be with that same franchise a few seasons from now, and may not even be playing in the NFL at all. I guess it all depends on how you draft.

Don't get me wrong I think RG3 is going to be good, I just think they gave up too much....WAAAAY too much, and now they're not going to have any 1st rd draft picks in the recent future to surround RG3 with the talent he needs to be successful in this league (they don't have anyone on their team currently that they can trade to get a 1st rd in return either).

Just stuipid stupid typical Snyder. They better hit home runs on some late rd diamond in the rough draft picks or it's going to cripple them. They're already terrible as it is.......guess we'll see the outcome of this all.

NJChiefsFan 03-10-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8436605)
Well that's exactly the situation we have here in KC. Like it or not. That's why we need to throw all of our cards and get Peyton Manning. At least getting Manning won't cause us to give up draft compensation.

You don't have to sell me man.

the Talking Can 03-10-2012 04:44 AM

i'd do that deal in a heartbeat

amazing to me that after decades of winning jack shit, chiefs fans still care more about draft picks than QBs....unbelievable...

Scott Pioli wins the Draft Championship while trotting out Cassel for 4 years...

but ohnoes! it risky! to trade for a QB...let's draft DeCastro

bevischief 03-10-2012 06:58 AM

three first-round draft picks. They are special.

keg in kc 03-10-2012 07:02 AM

Yeah, this is exactly why I was thinking we had no chance. Three #1s, all likely to be high picks? And that deal, big as it was, wouldn't have been enough to get us there. We'd have had to do even more. Possibly a lot more. They gave up that much to move four spots.

This is really a make-or-break move for the Redskins. If it pays off it pays off huge. But, damn, the cost. The team it really works for is the Rams. This may be their Herschel Walker trade.

chiefzilla1501 03-10-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8436620)
i'd do that deal in a heartbeat

amazing to me that after decades of winning jack shit, chiefs fans still care more about draft picks than QBs....unbelievable...

Scott Pioli wins the Draft Championship while trotting out Cassel for 4 years...

but ohnoes! it risky! to trade for a QB...let's draft DeCastro

Again with this nonsense.

When did we start rallying around this theme that a franchise qb is so important that it means the draft means absolutely nothing?

You have to BOTH draft well and have a franchise qb. You can't do one of those things and forget the other.

scho63 03-10-2012 07:11 AM

Number 1 pick in 2012, 2013, 2014, and #2 in 2012. That's a lot of high picks to give up.

Great move by Rams to move back 4 spots

the Talking Can 03-10-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8436654)
Again with this nonsense.

When did we start rallying around this theme that a franchise qb is so important that it means the draft means absolutely nothing?

You have to BOTH draft well and have a franchise qb. You can't do one of those things and forget the other.

we've done one without the other for 30 years...

can you guess which? you ****ing genious...

but keep telling yourself that boring story....we have no QB, but we've got draft picks...you must be thrilled

TheGuardian 03-10-2012 07:18 AM

The Saints

Steelers

Patriots

All got their franchise QB's without giving up a super bounty of picks.

More times than not, these super trades back fire in the face of the people who give up everything.

Do that deal in a heartbeat?

jesus ****ing christ........

chiefzilla1501 03-10-2012 07:21 AM

By the way, for those playing at home, what would it have taken for the Chiefs to beat this offer? The difference in known points is 410 points.

2012: First round, Second round
2013: First round, Second round
2014: First round, Second round
+probably another pick or two sprinkled in.

That's completely assuming that the Rams don't assume that the Redskins with RGIII are not going to be nearly as good in 2013 and 2014 as the Chiefs with RGIII. I mean, they have old and bad receivers, and their defense is nothing special. Even with RGIII, the Redskins are a bad team. They're probably going to be 10-15 picks ahead of the Chiefs the next 2 years. Let's assume VERY conservatively, that the Redskins with RGIII average a #10 pick the next 2 years while the Chiefs with RGIII average about a #20 pick. That's 900 points in value for the next 2 drafts, which means the Chiefs may have had to match Washington's draft compensation AND account for up to 1310 points. Want to know what that looks like? Here's a few scenarios:
Scenario 1 - 4 first round picks, 2 second round picks. Hell no.
Scenario 2 - First, second, and third round pick for 2012, 2013, 2014. Hell no.

Washington's trade value was pretty much unmatchable for the Chiefs.

the Talking Can 03-10-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8436661)
The Saints

Steelers

Patriots

All got their franchise QB's without giving up a super bounty of picks.

More times than not, these super trades back fire in the face of the people who give up everything.

Do that deal in a heartbeat?

jesus ****ing christ........

hey dumb guy...when are we drafting a QB?

we haven't for 30 years.....but we saved our draft picks to get Dorsey and Jackson, which according to you is more important...

chiefzilla1501 03-10-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8436658)
we've done one without the other for 30 years...

can you guess which? you ****ing genious...

but keep telling yourself that boring story....we have no QB, but we've got draft picks...you must be thrilled

Give me a ****ing break. Yeah, I forgot that in all those 30 years, the Chiefs were outstanding in the draft.

There are 3 stories for the Chiefs' history:
1) Drafted like shit AND had no franchise QB. This is pretty much the majority of those 30 years.
2) Marty era. There was a 9-year span where we had an outstanding team, but no franchise QB. Let's not rule out that bad playoff coaching was also a huge culprit here.
3) Vermeil era. We had a top-tier QB but were one of the bottom 5 drafting teams in the NFL. You don't ever wonder how history would be different if the Chiefs drafted Polamalu instead of LJ? Freeney or John Henderson instead of Ryan Sims? 1 or 2 picks would have been good enough, probably, to move our defense from 32 to 20-25.

You are oversimplifying by saying the ONLY problem KC has had has been not having a franchise QB. We've also had bad coaches and have been mostly horribly ineffective at the draft.

Ultra Peanut 03-10-2012 07:30 AM

Poor RGIII.

scho63 03-10-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8436664)

we haven't for 30 years.....but we saved our draft picks to get Dorsey and Jackson, which according to you is more important...

ROFL

You got a point there! We screw up draft picks no matter where we pick!

Dr. Gigglepants 03-10-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcause (Post 8436500)
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...on-week-16-win

our world may hurt - but this is a brutal last game of the season win to forget about.

It's been clear for some time that the Minnesota Vikings wouldn't be in position to trade their No. 3 overall pick to a team that wanted to draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III. Griffin's performance in last month's NFL scouting combine sealed his spot as the second-best player in the draft, and on Friday night the St. Louis Rams traded the No. 2 pick to the Washington Redskins for a bounty that will make Vikings fans rue the day their team dropped from contention for the No. 2 pick themselves.

As you assuredly know, the Vikings were on track to have the NFL's second-worst record before they defeated the Redskins 33-26 in Week 16. (Tailback Adrian Peterson also suffered a major knee injury in that game, an unrelated but no less serious event.) After Friday night's trade, we now know the difference between winning and losing that game was two future first-round picks and a second-rounder.

That's the premium the Redskins paid the Rams to swap first-rounders in 2012, presumably to draft Griffin. With Andrew Luck and Griffin expected to go 1-2 in the draft, it's far less likely that a market will emerge for the Vikings' spot at No. 3. If it does, the bounty will be nothing close to what the Rams got from the Redskins.

Obviously, I'm not suggesting the Vikings should have done anything other than play to win against the Redskins. I'm not a proponent of tanking. In the end, that game was just another chapter in the star-crossed history of this franchise. The Vikings will do well to draft USC left tackle Matt Kalil at No. 3 next month, but they missed out on an opportunity to jump-start their rebuilding process with a rare volume of high draft picks in the coming years. Such is life.

Next year you are going to see multiple teams obviously tanking towards the end of the year. There are a few qb's coming out who could get a haul of draft picks just like this.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian 03-10-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8436664)

Dorsey was a no brainer. We tried to trade out of the Jackson pick but had no suitors.

Trading away your entire ****ing franchise for a guy with two years in a simplified offense is ****ing dumb. PERIOD.

If the Skins were a team like us, that was already stacked, and they were trading up for Luck, I'd agree with you. But that team is completely void of talent. Shit offensive line, shit WR's, shit RB's. Now, they won't have anything to put around their "franchise QB". Eveyrone know FA doesn't work in that regard. The draft is how you build your team.

So yeah, you don't throw away your drafts for QB's. The Saints, Steelers, Packers, and Patriots have won SB's the last decade without giving up their drafts. Generally giving up all those picks back fires in the face of those teams.

I'll remember this post in a couple of years, "smart guy".

Messier 03-10-2012 07:41 AM

Seeing what the Redskins gave up, ahhh...I want RGIII, but wow. I don't have enough faith he'll be a franchise QB to give up more than that.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2012 07:44 AM

The big difference is the Chiefs would have had to give an even much bigger haul to pull this off. They never had a chance at RGIII. It's Cleveland fans that should want to leap off a bridge for getting jumped like this. I don't see after looking at this deal that any rational person could say the Chiefs had a shot at RGIII.

chiefzilla1501 03-10-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8436681)
The big difference is the Chiefs would have had to give an even much bigger haul to pull this off. They never had a chance at RGIII. It's Cleveland fans that should want to leap off a bridge for getting jumped like this. I don't see after looking at this deal that any rational person could say the Chiefs had a shot at RGIII.

As I pointed out in my above scenario.
The Chiefs either would have had to give up four firsts (technically 3) and one second. Or they would have to give up the first 3 picks for 2012, 2013, and 2014. That is way too ****ing much for RGIII.

TheGuardian 03-10-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8436686)
As I pointed out in my above scenario.
The Chiefs either would have had to give up four firsts (technically 3) and one second. Or they would have to give up the first 3 picks for 2012, 2013, and 2014. That is way too ****ing much for RGIII.

No no no. there is no such thing as giving up too much for a first round quarterback.

:rolleyes:

Setsuna 03-10-2012 07:49 AM

All of you calling this a horrible move, are just butthurt, which seems to be going on a lot around here. Oh and they aren't trading drafts away you reeruns. Just first round drafts. The 2nd rounds for the next two years are safe, which I think is the most important round anyway.

kstater 03-10-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8436691)
All of you calling this a horrible move, are just butthurt, which seems to be going on a lot around here. Oh and they aren't trading drafts away you reeruns. Just first round drafts. The 2nd rounds for the next two years are safe, which I think is the most important round anyway.

lol wut

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Actually look at the history of all 2nd round picks and get back to us. Then look at the 1st round.....

notorious 03-10-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

The 2nd rounds for the next two years are safe, which I think is the most important round anyway.

No.

chiefzilla1501 03-10-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Read my scenario above. I've said it twice. This couldn't be further from the truth.

TheGuardian 03-10-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Butthurt?

I was against this kind of trade from day 1, dumbass.

It was an awful move by a team that desperately needs more talent on the roster. Lining up a QB with two years in a simplified offense in college out there, with no talent around him is a recipe for disaster.

DaKCMan AP 03-10-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

The 2nd rounds for the next two years are safe, which I think is the most important round anyway.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/15997396.jpg

Chiefs=Champions 03-10-2012 08:03 AM

Wtf is wrong with this Jags fan..? Seriously does he have nothing better to do than trolling a chiefs site calling us butt hurt? round 2 is the most important round?? LMAO

Setsuna 03-10-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8436696)
lol wut

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8436699)
Actually look at the history of all 2nd round picks and get back to us. Then look at the 1st round.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8436703)
No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8436704)
Read my scenario above. I've said it twice. This couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8436705)
Butthurt?

I was against this kind of trade from day 1, dumbass.

It was an awful move by a team that desperately needs more talent on the roster. Lining up a QB with two years in a simplified offense in college out there, with no talent around him is a recipe for disaster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8436712)

Rob Gronkowski. Aaron Hernandez. Jordy Nelson. That is all.

Chiefs=Champions 03-10-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8436720)

ROFL

Messier 03-10-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Wow. Case closed. No one could come up with equal or greater players from the 1st round. You win.

DaKCMan AP 03-10-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

That's your argument? ROFL

How about this. You go get Gene Smith. I'll get Scott Pioli. We'll work out an agreement where the Chiefs will trade their 2nd round pick for the Jaguars 1st round pick in perpetuitiy.

Chiefs=Champions 03-10-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

This is the most humorous thing ive seen on chiefsplanet for a long ****ing time..

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2012 08:07 AM

His post made baby mecca cry.....

DaKCMan AP 03-10-2012 08:08 AM

# of Hall of Famers drafted in round 1: 96

# of Hall of Famers drafted in round 2: 29

Chiefs=Champions 03-10-2012 08:09 AM

I think this guys just mad cause his teams likely to be non existent in a few years time.

TheGuardian 03-10-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8436730)
# of Hall of Famers drafted in round 1: 96

# of Hall of Famers drafted in round 2: 29

Well that's settled.

chiefzilla1501 03-10-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Even with this dumb argument that 2nd round picks are most important, you left out the part about how in order to match Washington, the Chiefs would likely have given up the first, second, and third round picks for 2012, 2013, adn 2014 to get RGIII.

So you're getting into a bad argument that's made even worse because it's completely irrelevant.

kstater 03-10-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

A couple of slightly above average TE's and a good #2 receiver is your argument?

Setsuna 03-10-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8436722)
ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8436727)
This is the most humorous thing ive seen on chiefsplanet for a long ****ing time..

I aim to please. :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8436726)
That's your argument? ROFL

How about this. You go get Gene Smith. I'll get Scott Pioli. We'll work out an agreement where the Chiefs will trade their 2nd round pick for the Jaguars 1st round pick in perpetuitiy.

He won't do it. He won't do anything that shows any kind of backbone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8436732)
I think this guys just mad cause his teams likely to be non existent in a few years time.

They won't be until the GM is gone. I expect this fully.

notorious 03-10-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

I would list the 1st rounders to trump your post, but it would take all day to list them.

Setsuna 03-10-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8436744)
I would list the 1st rounders to trump your post, but it would take all day to list them.

I know. I'm going to play SWTOR though. I think I've made it possible for the people that stayed up so late to actually get some sleep.

notorious 03-10-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8436754)
I know. I'm going to play SWTOR though. I think I've made it possible for the people that stayed up so late to actually get some sleep.

:D

2nd rounders are very important.

Peyton is like the hot chick in a room full of nerds. It makes it hard to think straight, and sometimes judgement is skewed a little bit, especially after an all-nighter.

Bane 03-10-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8436761)
:D

2nd rounders are very important.

Peyton is like the hot chick in a room full of nerds. It makes it hard to think straight, and sometimes judgement is skewed a little bit, especially after an all-nighter.

ROFL

R8RFAN 03-10-2012 09:13 AM

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

htismaqe 03-10-2012 09:37 AM

According to the NFL network, Washington is still the 3rd most-likely destination for Manning.

Bwana 03-10-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8436852)
There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

I guess we'll see what happens. The Deadskins better hope he doesn't turn out to be a bust.

R8RFAN 03-10-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8436896)
I guess we'll see what happens. The Deadskins better hope he doesn't turn out to be a bust.

Yup but sometimes you gotta get out of your comfort zone.... I have no idea if this kid is worth it but but it's price you pay to get who you want.

They filled a need with a good pick

tredadda 03-10-2012 09:48 AM

Bold, bold move by Washington. If he pans out no one will remember what they gave up for him. If he does not, then heads will roll. Hopefully we win a SB in the next couple of years with the picks we kept though since they are far more valuable than a potential franchise QB.

suds79 03-10-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8436918)
Bold, bold move by Washington. If he pans out no one will remember what they gave up for him. If he does not, then heads will roll.

Heads where probably on their way to rolling without this move. They don't have a QB. Now, the coaches & management have given themselves a chance.

Good for them for making a bold move for a QB.

Wallcrawler 03-10-2012 09:58 AM

RG3 definately has an uphill battle in front of him. The Redskins roster is pretty shitty as it stands now, and they just sacrificed the next THREE YEARS of first round picks. So they get RG3 this year, and then rounds 3-7 to do something to help him out this season.

Pretty scary prospect to think that the future of building your team for the next few years rests on free agency.

Im glad the Chiefs didnt do something so risky. Football God help the Redskins if RG3 gets injured for any length of time.

Theyre gonna put in his contract that he cant wipe his own ass without assistance for fear he could injure himself and not be available for the season.

Dan Snyder:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...0/15636183.jpg

Extra Point 03-10-2012 11:26 AM

Rush Limbaugh approves this thread. Obama, even more.

Fat Elvis 03-10-2012 11:29 AM

I would laugh so hard if RG3 said, "Screw this; I'm not going to the 'skins," and then sat out a year to go to law school and re-enter the draft next year.

Mr. Laz 03-10-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8436888)
According to the NFL network, Washington is still the 3rd most-likely destination for Manning.

which is just stupid.

Manning is not going someplace where a team is going to use a 1st round pick on a QB replacement instead of player that will help win while Manning is at QB.

Frankie 03-10-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8435442)
Today is a good day to have the Redskins be your #2 team.

Uhhm,... actually the Rams.

Quesadilla Joe 03-10-2012 11:40 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aZ5pTZOHlcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frankie 03-10-2012 11:42 AM

Dammit 22 pages of replies. I ain't reading all , but reading the first few it's funny some of you guys even thought we had any ammo and chance to trade up to two. Just because you are in man-love with RG3 does not mean the Chiefs had an ice cream cone in hell's chance to get him.

Dylan 03-10-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

http://www.bakabanashi.com/icons/65.gif

just having a little fun ...

milkman 03-10-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8436888)

If Manning were to sign with the Skins, he would disprove the belief that he's the smartest guy in the room.

They have no chance of winning in the next 3 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8436953)
RG3 definately has an uphill battle in front of him. The Redskins roster is pretty shitty as it stands now, and they just sacrificed the next THREE YEARS of first round picks. So they get RG3 this year, and then rounds 3-7 to do something to help him out this season.

Pretty scary prospect to think that the future of building your team for the next few years rests on free agency.

Im glad the Chiefs didnt do something so risky. Football God help the Redskins if RG3 gets injured for any length of time.

Theyre gonna put in his contract that he cant wipe his own ass without assistance for fear he could injure himself and not be available for the season.

Dan Snyder:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...0/15636183.jpg

The thing is, they can use free agency to find him a weapon (Vincent Jackson) and a LT to protect his blindside (Demetrius Bell) this year.

They can fill some holes in the 2nd and thrid rounds, and later in the 2013 and 2014 drafts.

In 2015, they'll be in position to really compete as RGIII is just hitting the earliest stages of his prime years.

This is a move for the future.

They now have hope for that future, unlike the Chiefs for the last 30 years.

There's no way the Chiefs could have competed with the Skins offer, but this deal isn't nearly as crippling to the Skins as some are making it seem.