ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music The country music repository thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260855)

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-28-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 8708715)
You know, whenever I think of an Alabama song, even though they had a metric shit-ton of hits, I think of the blonde chick in this video. The scene at the 3:00 mark made my jaw drop.

You just posted my personal favorite Alabama song and the funny thing is thats one that broke their string of 21 or 22 #1 hits. It topped at #2.

listopencil 06-28-2012 11:38 PM

I hesitate to post anything by Cash. I guess because, to me, he is Country music. I can't think of any particular one of his songs that I would pick over the rest. Still, I haven't seen this one in here and I feel like it has to be:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IgI6nm8ANY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 06-28-2012 11:38 PM

Fock is this thread ever going to die,I never realized there were so many country bumpkins and rednecks on the planet.

Lumpy 06-28-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708716)
Because you're my favorite and you know it and you can take it. Do me a favor and listen to Easton Corbins "I Can't Love You Back" then compare it to yours.

:)

LMAO I'll take a listen, (if I can find it lol). In the interim, here's some Reba...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kZNvjmXM7eg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You know that I don't like a lot of country music, but Reba has the best damn voice!

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-28-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8708727)
LMAO I'll take a listen, (if I can find it lol). In the interim, here's some Reba...

Look back about half a page genius.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-28-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708725)
Fock is this thread ever going to die,I never realized there were so many country bumpkins and rednecks on the planet.

No it isn't going to die. I have at least 1000 songs yet to post.

listopencil 06-28-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Aint ever gonna die, son. Too much great music. Here's one from way back:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j2klh2cTa_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-28-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8708724)
I hesitate to post anything by Cash. I guess because, to me, he is Country music. I can't think of any particular one of his songs that I would pick over the rest. Still, I haven't seen this one in here and I feel like it has to be:

Why would you ever hesitate to post JC? Never hesitate. JC is the ****ing man!

Lumpy 06-28-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

ROFL

FTR, I'm only partial 'neck. I grew up in Kansas and live in Nebraska. It was inevitable that I would be subjected to this music. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I like a few country tunes.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-28-2012 11:55 PM

Per Simply Reds rep request. Good job SR.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s-Xl17B-Z0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lumpy 06-28-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708730)
Look back about half a page genius.

Oh snap! LMAO

You're such a bitch.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-28-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8708736)
ROFL

FTR, I'm only partial 'neck. I grew up in Kansas and live in Nebraska. It was inevitable that I would be subjected to this music. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I like a few country tunes.

Why would you be embarrassed? Great music is everywhere. I feel sorry for people who shut out any type of music because they're too cool to give it a chance.

You've seen my posts of Alice Cooper and the like in the RMV thread.

I just don't understand a person limiting themselves based on a stupid genre.

I guess that's just me.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8708738)
Oh snap! LMAO

You're such a bitch.

That's how you like me and why we're friends.

Just listen and give it a chance.

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708734)
Why would you ever hesitate to post JC? Never hesitate. JC is the ****ing man!

It's too tempting to post every single Cash song I can find, hard to settle on one.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8708742)
It's too tempting to post every single Cash song I can find, hard to settle on one.

So post every JC song you can find. Trust me this thread isn't dieing. Like I said I have 1000 more and that's being conservative.

The haters can kindly and lovingly suckle my taint. There's an ignore option for those who are tired of seeing it.

I didn't start this just to let it die.

Nzoner 06-29-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8708736)
ROFL

Hell I posted a few myself and then Johnny focking know it all dj had to go and piss on toby keith.

I'm not in any way embarrassed to admit I like some country but in the big picture when it comes to country I'll take it in very small doses.

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:13 AM

Well I love this one:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k7K4jH7NqUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:14 AM

...and this one:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7auzYgVosJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708746)
Hell I posted a few myself and then Johnny focking know it all dj had to go and piss on toby keith.

I'm not in any way embarrassed to admit I like some country but in the big picture when it comes to country I'll take it in very small doses.

It amazes me that anything I say actually matters to you, especially since we've met and got along. I don't remember trashing your Toby Keith but if I did and I offended you then I'm sorry. I don't like Toby Keith other than a few songs. So ****ing what? You're a grown man and so am I and who gives a shit.

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:17 AM

...and this one too:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k9IfHDi-2EA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 06-29-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708739)
Why would you be embarrassed? Great music is everywhere. I feel sorry for people who shut out any type of music because they're too cool to give it a chance.

If this is aimed at me fock you,I'm not too cool and i've given it plenty of chances and even admitted to liking some,but when I do you piss all over Toby Keith who like it or not has some damn good lyrics.

Bottom line,all music is subjective,I just prefer my music like my movies,a little bit deeper where i have to think about more than drinkin' a beer and drivin' in my truck with my dog Blue because my girl just told me to fock off.

Lumpy 06-29-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708741)
That's how you like me and why we're friends.

Just listen and give it a chance.

I would listen, if my laptop wasn't such a POS! :mad:

I tried to look for the video, but the lag was so bad that when I scrolled up or down, it stalled out then bounced all over then damn place.

I miss my old laptop... this one is such a turd!!

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:19 AM

...and of course:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aUXkDrZ1z2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 12:22 AM

Btw Nzoner... Yes I work in radio and have for a long time. If you think I'm acting like Johnny ****ing know it all then read through the thread. 18 pages on the default setting and I'm pretty sure you're the first person to call me out for being a know it all.

I playingly messed with Lump. She knows where I'm coming from.

I apologize if having some insight into the format offends you. I don't know everything and never claimed to. I'm enjoying everyone elses contributions.

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708751)
I just prefer my music like my movies,a little bit deeper where i have to think about more than drinkin' a beer and drivin' in my truck with my dog Blue because my girl just told me to fock off.

There are many examples in this thread of just that.

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:25 AM

Off the top of my head though, Toby Kieth has one of the shittiest examples of the crappy songs you are referring to in Red Solo Cup.

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:26 AM

Seriously. That shit is like the Country version of Friday. ****ing horrible.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708751)
If this is aimed at me fock you,I'm not too cool and i've given it plenty of chances and even admitted to liking some,but when I do you piss all over Toby Keith who like it or not has some damn good lyrics.

Bottom line,all music is subjective,I just prefer my music like my movies,a little bit deeper where i have to think about more than drinkin' a beer and drivin' in my truck with my dog Blue because my girl just told me to fock off.

I'm sorry for whenever I offended you Joe. Toby has a few songs I really like. She Never Cried In Front Of Me, Love Me If You Can, Should've Been A Cowboy.

Overall I'm not a fan but I respect that you are and apologize if I was an ass to you.

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:30 AM

I'm going to call this Country. You can call it Gospel if you want. It's near to my heart:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JLFbUbmH7To" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 12:36 AM

Sorry to everyone for being pissy. Joe and I are friends from years ago and we had a disagreement. It happens.

Back to the topic at hand.

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:38 AM

Country? It's Cash. It's a great song. He recorded this very, very close to his death:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lukJAutj4jo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

listopencil 06-29-2012 12:40 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uA4JyAONd_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 12:41 AM

As much as I love NINs original I love JC's even more.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bp4UI_FxGLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 06-29-2012 12:44 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xezcn2It8go" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 06-29-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708755)
Btw Nzoner... Yes I work in radio and have for a long time. If you think I'm acting like Johnny ****ing know it all then read through the thread. 18 pages on the default setting and I'm pretty sure you're the first person to call me out for being a know it all.

I playingly messed with Lump. She knows where I'm coming from.

I apologize if having some insight into the format offends you. I don't know everything and never claimed to. I'm enjoying everyone elses contributions.

post 116 "Toby can suck my taint" your words.

And please don't get me started on radio of any kind the only decent radio out there is satellite.Focking regular radio be it country,rock or whatever sucks,you guys are as bad as Hollywood,give the mindless masses the same old shit over and over again and they just keep buying it.

But please prove me wrong,have you ever played the great watermelon slim who drove the road for 30 years?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WeMRIu43qjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8708776)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xezcn2It8go" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I played that last Friday morning by request. :thumb:

Free For All Fridays... you request it and we'll play it if we've got it. Tons on fun.

Nzoner 06-29-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8708759)
Off the top of my head though, Toby Kieth has one of the shittiest examples of the crappy songs you are referring to in Red Solo Cup.

absolutely agree

Simply Red 06-29-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708778)
And please don't get me started on radio of any kind the only decent radio out there is satellite.Focking regular radio be it country,rock or whatever sucks,you guys are as bad as Hollywood,give the mindless masses the same old shit over and over again and they just keep buying it.>

not tru - album88 in Atlanta - it's Georgia State's radio station and it's totally badass.

Nzoner 06-29-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8708782)
not tru - album88 in Atlanta - it's Georgia State's radio station and it's totally badass.

I hear ya,my little bro lives in flagstaff,az and they have a station that rarely plays commercials and focuses on deep cut B-side album rock,refreshing as the day is long.

Again it's all subjective but music like movies has its "popcorn" shit and then it has the deeper more independent artists that could give 2 shits about radio and/or theatre play.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708778)
post 116 "Toby can suck my taint" your words.

And please don't get me started on radio of any kind the only decent radio out there is satellite.Focking regular radio be it country,rock or whatever sucks,you guys are as bad as Hollywood,give the mindless masses the same old shit over and over again and they just keep buying it.

But please prove me wrong,have you ever played the great watermelon slim who drove the road for 30 years?

We aren't going to see eye to eye here Joe so I suggest letting it go. I have no desire to fight with you.

Radio is a business like any other. Artists that turn off 90% of the listeners don't get played. Just like any other business strives to meet the greatest demand. Call modern radio worthless if you want, that's fine. It's no different than it ever was. Our job is to appeal to the biggest audience available to gain the most listeners available to attract the most advertising dollars available. I expect since you are in advertising you understand that.

Do I like it? No. I never said I did, but I know how to do my job and I'm good at it. I'm not going to apologize for that. My station happens to do things that are different from most others.... Free For All Fridays... the 3 o'clock throwback etc.

What I have to play at work and live with daily is a big part of the reason I started this thread. To give voice to country fans on CP who have more to share, including myself. I think it's going great so far.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708784)
I hear ya,my little bro lives in flagstaff,az and they have a station that rarely plays commercials and focuses on deep cut B-side album rock,refreshing as the day is long.

Again it's all subjective but music like movies has its "popcorn" shit and then it has the deeper more independent artists that could give 2 shits about radio and/or theatre play.

You should listen to more of the songs posted in this thread then. By and large it's just what you're asking for.

Nzoner 06-29-2012 01:07 AM

NOW that i got that off my chest how does this set with everyone....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fMVUILVM0Xw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lumpy 06-29-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708746)

Mkay? :shrug: He had an opinion about one of the very few country artists that you like and now you're pissed. I suppose I could understand that to a point, but damn! There's no need to get hostile and start criticizing him for what he does for a living. :facepalm:

You're better than this, Nzoner.

Simply Red 06-29-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708784)

yeah, eveyday and everynight is themed. It has something for eveyone, even bluegrass and punk.

listopencil 06-29-2012 01:17 AM

The Ambien Walrus made me post this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-86dZWP92cw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 06-29-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8708790)
Mkay? :shrug: He had an opinion about one of the very few country artists that you like and now you're pissed. I suppose I could understand that to a point, but damn! There's no need to get hostile and start criticizing him for what he does for a living. :facepalm:

You're better than this, Nzoner.

Just so we're clear I like maybe 4 Keith songs,generally if I'm listening to country I'm listening to old school and sorry to you and beer me as i was criticizing the entire industry of public radio and unfortunately it's something that he is a part of.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 01:20 AM

I never wanted to make any of this about me or what I do for a living or radio at all. It was meant to be an oasis for people who have an appreciation for country music to share our love and songs and storys... but I'm going to say this...

You know what happens when a radio station trys to go beyond the popular fray? The majority of listeners leave. That means the ratings go down and that means the advertising goes away and that means you're dead.

I will not apologize for what I do whether anyone thinks what I play is good or not. My station outsells the other 17 in our chain and I'm not ashamed of that because we aren't playing a bunch of fringe artists.

I don't attack anyone else for the way they do their job or the way it's best to do thier job because it keeps them in business. So **** you to anyone that thinks they know how to keep a radio station viable in the current market. You don't like it? Piss off. There are other things available.

As soon as all the actually good artists become what the masses demand that's what we'll play. In the meantime get a clue about business and survival in a competitve market and good luck doing better with playing what you want to play.

BillSelfsTrophycase 06-29-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708796)
I never wanted to make any of this about me or what I do for a living or radio at all. It was meant to be an oasis for people who have an appreciation for country music to share our love and songs and storys... but I'm going to say this...

You know what happens when a radio station trys to go beyond the popular fray? The majority of listeners leave. That means the ratings go down and that means the advertising goes away and that means you're dead.

I will not apologize for what I do whether anyone thinks what I play is good or not. My station outsells the other 17 in our chain and I'm not ashamed of that because we aren't playing a bunch of fringe artists.

I don't attack anyone else for the way they do their job or the way it's best to do thier job because it keeps them in business. So **** you to anyone that thinks they know how to keep a radio station viable in the current market. You don't like it? Piss off. There are other things available.

As soon as all the actually good artists become what the masses demand that's what we'll play. In the meantime get a clue about business and survival in a competitve market and good luck doing better with playing what you want to play.

Remember this?

http://www.unwinnable.com/wp-content...ing-Indian.jpg

That's me every time I listen to to the music my two daughters like

Keep on keepin on dude

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillSelfsTrophycase (Post 8708797)
Remember this?

http://www.unwinnable.com/wp-content...ing-Indian.jpg

That's me every time I listen to to the music my two daughters like

This thread was fun for a while then it just became another CP bitchfest. I'm as much to blame as anyone.

I'm just sick and tired of people who don't understand my business telling me how to run my business or why my business sucks. You think you know better? Step on in. I give you about 1 hour before you realize you don't know shit.

Nzoner 06-29-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708796)

See man there ya go again,I apologize and it's fock you to anyone...please dude I'm the only one busting your balls so just be a man and call me out personally.Don't think for a minute I don't "get" the whole masses and advertising thing why the hell do you think I opened my own advertising business 22 years ago...because i didn't have to cowtow to the masses and some corporate jack-off writing me a paycheck.

"oh I'm sorry small mom and pop business that's trying to survive,I can't take your ad because you can't afford us,because we reach 100,000 readers/listeners daily."

fock that!

Nzoner 06-29-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708798)
This thread was fun for a while then it just became another CP bitchfest. I'm as much to blame as anyone.

I'm just sick and tired of people who don't understand my business telling me how to run my business or why my business sucks. You think you know better? Step on in. I give you about 1 hour before you realize you don't know shit.

Oh shit I apparently have made a huge mistake and IF SO PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGIES as I didn't realize it was your name on everyone's checks.

BillSelfsTrophycase 06-29-2012 01:44 AM

This place is like an Irish Pub...Friends at the beginning, fistfighting at the end, and friends again tomorrow

I ****ing love it

Nzoner 06-29-2012 01:47 AM

now back to regular programming and what nzoner classifies as a country classic :0

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eVtHMDJcmxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-29-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708799)
See man there ya go again,I apologize and it's fock you to anyone...please dude I'm the only one busting your balls so just be a man and call me out personally.Don't think for a minute I don't "get" the whole masses and advertising thing why the hell do you think I opened my own advertising business 22 years ago...because i didn't have to cowtow to the masses and some corporate jack-off writing me a paycheck.

"oh I'm sorry small mom and pop business that's trying to survive,I can't take your ad because you can't afford us,because we reach 100,000 readers/listeners daily."

fock that!

I don't know what you mean by there you go again and I've already spoken my mind. I'm not here to fight. If fighting is what it takes to "be a man" here then count me out. I've done enough stupid things in the past on CP.

This thread was suppossed to be fun for country fans. It's not anymore.

Saying goodbye. Be well.

BillSelfsTrophycase 06-29-2012 01:47 AM

Back on subject

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mvZ5E5_Uuik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 06-29-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillSelfsTrophycase (Post 8708805)
This place is like an Irish Pub

I ****ing love it

great free drinks from the kansas pukes,make mine a double :)

BillSelfsTrophycase 06-29-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708810)
great free drinks from the kansas pukes,make mine a double :)

Meth or no meth? :)

Lumpy 06-29-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708793)
Just so we're clear I like maybe 4 Keith songs,generally if I'm listening to country I'm listening to old school and sorry to you and beer me as i was criticizing the entire industry of public radio and unfortunately it's something that he is a part of.

There's no need to apologize to me.

Public radio for the most part does suck. But you were straight up criticizing beer me just to get back at him personally for his "Toby can suck my taint" comment. Okay, I'm not going to lie... that made me ROFL

Listen, I'm not going to take sides on this. You're both grown men. Hash it out, apologize, do whatever.

FWIW, I tune in to his show occasionally and he is really great at what he does.

Lumpy 06-29-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708803)
Oh shit I apparently have made a huge mistake and IF SO PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGIES as I didn't realize it was your name on everyone's checks.

Okay. I didn't see this.

:spock: When did you become such an asshole? Seriously?

/sigh

****ing crazy shit here on CP. Notice that I spelled ****ing correctly? No "o" in place of the "u". That would be considered filter evasion, right?

Why can't you just type out "****"? You typed out "shit". What's wrong w/ the word ****?

**** **** ****ITY **** **** ****

Nixhex 06-29-2012 07:00 AM

Sorry for any reposts

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4QshJgEjkL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ORKH6iBwyL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VST2KKIYn50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZHAFmFsb9XM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nixhex 06-29-2012 07:18 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DndK5hZBgu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WEqi_X-pnII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EnyYwdFQJgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 06-29-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8708818)
Okay. I didn't see this.

:spock: When did you become such an asshole? Seriously?

/sigh

****ing crazy shit here on CP. Notice that I spelled ****ing correctly? No "o" in place of the "u". That would be considered filter evasion, right?

Why can't you just type out "****"? You typed out "shit". What's wrong w/ the word ****?

**** **** ****ITY **** **** ****

How about I just use your ****ing words...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

And with that,I'll bow out of this thread and let it back to its intended purposes,have a great ****ing day.

boogblaster 06-29-2012 08:53 AM

eric church .. good newer artist ...

Lumpy 06-29-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8708945)
How about I just use your ****ing words...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

And with that,I'll bow out of this thread and let it back to its intended purposes,have a great ****ing day.

Thanks! Have a great day! :D

Btw, those aren't my words. That's a quote from Dr. Seuss. ROFL

King_Chief_Fan 06-29-2012 09:24 AM

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...YZIf3yKqf3YS9A

one of my favorites by Little Big Town

Buehler445 06-29-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708688)
Josh Turner is differnt from other stars of today in that not many people sing with his bass (other than Trace Adkins) and he does his own style of songs. Scotty McCreery is trying to be the "new" Josh Turner.

If you don't already know them I'd suggest "Long Black Train," "I wouldn't Be A Man" (cover of Don Williams classic), and "Me And God" by JT. His current top 10 hit "Time Is Love" is good too.

edit... oh and "Another Try." Great song.

Josh turner is good. There needs to be more Josh Turner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708711)
I declaired Easton Corbin the new George Strait on the air. This guy has it. His first 3 singles have gone to #1... just 56 to go match King George.

His debut...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oS1NfjLkdSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easton Corbin is also good. It doesn't hurt that he sounds EXACTLY like George.

Mosbonian 06-29-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8708696)
Was it the Shania video? If you don't like Shania, you're a commie. :p

Guess that makes me a commie...LMAO

Mosbonian 06-29-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8708739)

You've seen my posts of Alice Cooper and the like in the RMV thread.

I just don't understand a person limiting themselves based on a stupid genre.

I guess that's just me.

Wish there was a way to give triple-rep because I would for this post.

From the looks of my Ipod you might think I am musically-schizophrenic.

Gracie Dean 06-29-2012 10:44 AM

The first time I heard "I'm a little more Country " I thought it was Gentleman George

Buehler445 06-29-2012 11:05 AM

This is another decent new song. I don't normally like Jason Aldean, but I like this one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4tZaIDo_ULk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-30-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8709277)
This is another decent new song. I don't normally like Jason Aldean, but I like this one.

Man I could have wriiten exactly the same thing. I like 2 Aldean songs... The Truth that you posted and this one...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QNLiNJUsIeA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-30-2012 06:17 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/otTW0JczoGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-30-2012 06:23 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rFRkH_3ZmbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-30-2012 06:25 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lz2_ViVUElc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-30-2012 06:27 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K36JfrXknVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chefsos 06-30-2012 06:30 PM

Where is ol' Hal these days?

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-30-2012 06:32 PM

I would count the steps from here to heaven
every heartache I was given
tip my hat and walk through fire
to find sure love

I would chase old ghosts and watch them scatter
drop old dreams and watch them shatter
lose myself and all I own
to find sure love

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vLMYlnp84n0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-30-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 8711620)
Where is ol' Hal these days?

Playing small shows and tours, recording on a small label. Had him in town 3 years ago along with Restless Heart. The show was at our junior high and Hal was out back smoking weed before coming on stage lol. He went to a local bar with some folks from here after the show. Super chilled, nice guy.

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-30-2012 06:37 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1lGRT5f6SQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's another Hal Kecthum... screen doesn't say so.

Rasputin 06-30-2012 07:38 PM

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QcmbFKstspk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QcmbFKstspk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>