ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Blackout Arrowhead: Nov 18 vs Bengals - Reserve Your Gear Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265617)

Hammock Parties 11-02-2012 12:50 AM

An Ebay store is a great idea.

We have enough cash sitting around where we could buy some in bulk, right?

WTF else we gonna do with that cash?

Phobia 11-02-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9076119)
And just who are these "girls on the street" Phobia?

Heh. Bumped into a couple of rabid Chiefs fans while walking my daughter around the neighborhood trick-or-treating in my sad-Chiefs fan costume.

Phobia 11-02-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9076148)

Not only no but hell no. Sportsnutz is handling logistics. Badly but that's their baby. They can sell as many as they want but I've met the employees. There's not going to be an ebay store and there's not likely enough margin to hire somebody to do this.

pr_capone 11-02-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9076148)

Having Sports Nutz selling them for us was a big part of draw because we were helping a local business. Selling the things ourselves on ebay would undermine that.

Better yet would be to see if sports nutz would open the ebay store. Might help them manage all the orders.

Hammock Parties 11-02-2012 01:04 AM

Yeah, maybe someone could set it up for them and show them how to run it.

It's not hard. We have 16 days. It's worth the effort IMO. People don't like ordering over the phone anymore.

bowener 11-02-2012 03:16 AM

I love the blackout, but part of me wishes the shirts were brown to reflect the giant turd that is dropped weekly at arrowhead.

bevischief 11-02-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9076159)
Yeah, maybe someone could set it up for them and show them how to run it.

It's not hard. We have 16 days. It's worth the effort IMO. People don't like ordering over the phone anymore.

I have bought stuff from a stay at mom from a Ebay store with 3 little ones running around.

jspchief 11-02-2012 05:58 AM

Don't take what Sportnutz is doing for granted. You aren't going to find many people that are willing to take on the task and still be able to crank out the shirts in a short window. The logistics of the actual shirt inventory isn't as simple as people want to pretend.

It's far from ideal, especially for people out of town that want them, but its not like these shirts are the make or break aspect of the blackout.

soopamanluva 11-02-2012 06:25 AM

Welp, cant do it anymore. This is the worst team I've ever set eyes on and I just cant do it anymore. Ill eat the money for the season tickets, im not going back. Was amped to wear black for the blackout but im just disgusted. They wont fire these guys so they will no longer see me. Tell us how it goes....

KS Smitty 11-02-2012 09:18 AM

Called Sportnutz yesterday, they just got a new shipment of hoodies, ordered a large one (and a t-shirt for a coworker) and they said they would ship it today. :clap:

Bevis, I left my name and number earlier in the week and still haven't received a call back so you may want to call before they run out of stock again. It seems to be the hoodie they are having trouble keeping up with.

gblowfish 11-02-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9076231)
I love the blackout, but part of me wishes the shirts were brown to reflect the giant turd that is dropped weekly at arrowhead.

Well, maybe after the blackout, we have a brown out vs. Denver!

BossChief 11-02-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9076151)
Not only no but hell no. Sportsnutz is handling logistics. Badly but that's their baby. They can sell as many as they want but I've met the employees. There's not going to be an ebay store and there's not likely enough margin to hire somebody to do this.

We are talking about 2 weeks worth of work and if we opened an ebay store and turned a 3 dollar profit on each purchase and sold 3-500 units, it would easily recoup the cost of the labor involved in having a planet member handle taking shipments of product and using flat rate boxes to ship them out.

I dont think this would be as hard a venture as some of you think.

For every person that takes the time to go to their store to purchase one of these or takes the time to call them to place an order, 2 people (of the 100,000 twitter followers as prospective customers) would gladly click on a link to an Ebay store where they can buy the shirt/hoodie online.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a venture like this yielding 5 or even 10,000 sales and at that point there are services that handle logistics if it gets too big for one or two planeteers to handle and if we sold 5,000 that would yield enough profit to do something really big for the movement.

If not, oh well...but I think just selling these at just one store (not even all of the sportznuts stores, just one) is just the tip of the iceberg and can ultimately downplay the effect come the 18th.

You, yourself said that the number sold wasn't nearly enough.

I think a link to an ebay store going out on all of the SOC social media would get the results we all want:

A truly blacked out Arrowhead on the 18th.

Phobia 11-02-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9076282)
Don't take what Sportnutz is doing for granted. You aren't going to find many people that are willing to take on the task and still be able to crank out the shirts in a short window. The logistics of the actual shirt inventory isn't as simple as people want to pretend.

It's far from ideal, especially for people out of town that want them, but its not like these shirts are the make or break aspect of the blackout.

Agreed. It's a lot of work and I'm just glad they're doing it, not me. I'm not bashing them at all. It is what it is. They're just not equipped to do e-business.

Phobia 11-02-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9077166)
We are talking about 2 weeks worth of work and if we opened an ebay store and turned a 3 dollar profit on each purchase and sold 3-500 units, it would easily recoup the cost of the labor involved in having a planet member handle taking shipments of product and using flat rate boxes to ship them out.

I dont think this would be as hard a venture as some of you think.

For every person that takes the time to go to their store to purchase one of these or takes the time to call them to place an order, 2 people (of the 100,000 twitter followers as prospective customers) would gladly click on a link to an Ebay store where they can buy the shirt/hoodie online.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a venture like this yielding 5 or even 10,000 sales and at that point there are services that handle logistics if it gets too big for one or two planeteers to handle and if we sold 5,000 that would yield enough profit to do something really big for the movement.

If not, oh well...but I think just selling these at just one store (not even all of the sportznuts stores, just one) is just the tip of the iceberg and can ultimately downplay the effect come the 18th.

You, yourself said that the number sold wasn't nearly enough.

I think a link to an ebay store going out on all of the SOC social media would get the results we all want:

A truly blacked out Arrowhead on the 18th.

I agree with everything you're saying except that I don't think these shirts are critical to the blackout considering we're only talking about a few hundred among tens of thousands of people. We already have an agreement in place with them. They have incentive to sell as many as they can. I'm not going to walk in there and take it over nor am I interested in training them. If somebody else wants to take the ball and run with it, they're welcome to call up and see if they want help.

BourbonMan 11-02-2012 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my hoodie.

Hammock Parties 11-02-2012 03:29 PM

Mother****ing badass.

Phobia 11-02-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9078078)
Got my hoodie.

Are you Lzen's brother?

007 11-02-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9078739)
Are you Lzen's brother?

I was thinking the same thing.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-03-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Got my hoodie.

Yeah. Badass. Even with the blue gnome. :D

007 11-03-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Got my hoodie.

Just dawned on me that I met you a few weeks ago.

bevischief 11-03-2012 09:31 AM

I called back again and this is the first time they took down my address with phone number.

bevischief 11-03-2012 09:38 AM

But it was the guy I have spoken to before with no call back.

BourbonMan 11-03-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9078739)
Are you Lzen's brother?

Nope..never met him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9079092)
Yeah. Badass. Even with the blue gnome. :D

Unfortunatly..that is my wifes GayHawk gnome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9079097)
Just dawned on me that I met you a few weeks ago.

Yep..At Old Chicago.

bevischief 11-03-2012 03:26 PM

Still no callback.

gta0012 11-03-2012 03:29 PM

Should try using those cafe press or etsy shops that handle logistics for u

bevischief 11-03-2012 07:42 PM

Still nothing.

ArrowheadMagic 11-03-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9080840)
Still nothing.

Karma for copying others bets in the CP gambling challenge?

bevischief 11-03-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9080914)
Karma for copying others bets in the CP gambling challenge?

Screw you and you can die in a AIDS tree fire dickwad!
:cuss::cuss:

God of Thunder 11-04-2012 03:19 AM

Saw someone wearing a Hoodie today at Cracker Barrel in Indepedence! Who was it!

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 06:12 AM

Guess what guys.

THE SEQUEL TO SAVE OUR CHIEFS IS COMING OUT TODAY.

Bugeater 11-04-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Got my hoodie.

I am shocked that you are bald with a goatee. Shocked I tell ya.

luv 11-04-2012 09:50 AM

My dad's friend, and our tailgate grill master, bought our a bunch of blackout shirts. He's not on the Planet or on Facebook, so I have no clue how he heard about them. Think he has friends at SportzNutz. Anyway, thought it was pretty col that someone not involved with social media, and who doesn't live in/around KC, ended up buying shirts.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 12:18 PM

If pioli is gone after the steelers game...the shirts should be donated to hurricane sandy victims.

Phobia 11-04-2012 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by God of Thunder (Post 9081770)
Saw someone wearing a Hoodie today at Cracker Barrel in Indepedence! Who was it!

Did he look like this?

bevischief 11-04-2012 02:41 PM

Are they even open today? No one is answering the phone.

bevischief 11-04-2012 03:44 PM

My wife and mother in-law have been calling off on all day with no answer same for me. They were even going to make the hour drive but when no answers why even try.

bevischief 11-04-2012 03:55 PM

And yes we have checked the number twice from this thread!

In58men 11-04-2012 04:00 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/05/myvasenu.jpg

Phobia 11-04-2012 04:15 PM

Sportsnutz is NOT open on Sundays unless the Chiefs are playing at home. That area of town is dead on Sunday if the Chiefs aren't playing.

bevischief 11-04-2012 04:32 PM

A simple phone recording would be nice.

Phobia 11-04-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9083404)
A simple phone recording would be nice.

Wow. No kidding? The place isn't exactly a department story. Great folks but some of the aspects leave something to be desired. Sorry for your crappy experience.

bevischief 11-04-2012 05:30 PM

Sorry for being a Chiefs fan and support a local business. Screw you Chiefs.com.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9083613)
Wow. No kidding? The place isn't exactly a department store.

At least people are getting shirts.

I know someone who probably would take 6 months to deliver a shirt.

Titty Meat 11-04-2012 05:48 PM

I wonder if the game on the 18th will even be on tv in KC?

Titty Meat 11-04-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9081798)
Guess what guys.

THE SEQUEL TO SAVE OUR CHIEFS IS COMING OUT TODAY.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...usceo1_500.gif

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 06:40 PM

It was released this morning dumbass.

jspchief 11-04-2012 08:07 PM

Would someone in the area please go buy bevis a ****ing shirt so he can stop bleeding all over this thread.

For ****sakes man. If you took one step for every post you've made about calling them, you could have walked there from ****ing Alaska.

bevischief 11-05-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9084306)
Would someone in the area please go buy bevis a ****ing shirt so he can stop bleeding all over this thread.

For ****sakes man. If you took one step for every post you've made about calling them, you could have walked there from ****ing Alaska.

If I lived closer I would have one I live 10 hours away one way you j###a##.

Dayze 11-05-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Got my hoodie.

Come at me, Bro

:D Nice hoodie though

Bearcat 11-05-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9084306)

LMAO

I was thinking there has to be another solution, like finding someone in KC willing to pick one up and ship it... :shrug:

BourbonMan 11-05-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9085735)
Come at me, Bro

:D Nice hoodie though

LMAOLMAO

gblowfish 11-05-2012 04:17 PM

I heard an ex-marine complaining about the blackout being on Military Appreciation Day. I think it would be a good idea for everyone who wears black, to also bring an American Flag, big or small, to show this is NOT about showing any kind of disrespect to our military, it's about mourning the state of our Chiefs and wanting a better team.

Wearing black is in no way a slight to those who serve. They give us the right to peacefully assemble and protest, and speak freely. And they should be proud of providing that right to not only Americans, but also to people who are fighting to gain that right under oppressive governments in other parts of the world.

Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Assembly, Freedom to Protest, that's what makes America Great.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-05-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9087523)
I heard an ex-marine complaining about the blackout being on Military Appreciation Day. I think it would be a good idea for everyone who wears black, to also bring an American Flag, big or small, to show this is NOT about showing any kind of disrespect to our military, it's about mourning the state of our Chiefs and wanting a better team.

Wearing black is in no way a slight to those who serve. They give us the right to peacefully assemble and protest, and speak freely. And they should be proud of providing that right to not only Americans, but also to people who are fighting to gain that right under oppressive governments in other parts of the world.

Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Assembly, Freedom to Protest, that's what makes America Great.

I agree.

My dad hates Pioli as much as anyone on this board. He also served in the military for 30 years. He is not a big fan of the black-out on military appreciation day. He gets it...but feels there are other ways to get our point across.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-05-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9087523)

Yeah, I heard that guy on 610 as well. I sent a text in, but don't think they played it. I can't call, I'll get fired up and get myself in trouble. They've earned the right to use their service as a manipulation toward their own views, and to me, that's all this is.

God bless our servicemen, but I refuse to believe that wearing black Chiefs gear instead of red Chiefs gear to the game is in any way a slight to them. It's certainly not their fault that games at Arrowhead these days are akin to going to a funeral.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-05-2012 04:23 PM

In addition, it would be way to easy for national media to put a negative spin on the blackout. First we boo Cano, then we cheer when Cassel goes down...now we wear black on military appreciation day.

I just don't think this is going to work as well as others on this board think it will.

ping2000 11-05-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9087540)
Yeah, I heard that guy on 610 as well. I sent a text in, but don't think they played it. I can't call, I'll get fired up and get myself in trouble. They've earned the right to use their service as a manipulation toward their own views, and to me, that's all this is.

God bless our servicemen, but I refuse to believe that wearing black Chiefs gear instead of red Chiefs gear to the game is in any way a slight to them. It's certainly not their fault that games at Arrowhead these days are akin to going to a funeral.

My POW MIA shirt is black. Serves both causes.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-05-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 9087552)
My POW MIA shirt is black. Serves both causes.

:clap: Amen brother.

007 11-05-2012 04:27 PM

I don't get how anyone in the military would think this is a slight towards them at all. It makes absolutely ZERO sense. What does the color we wear have anything to do with military appreciation day anyway. This is an asinine issue.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-05-2012 04:27 PM

I still think paper bags still makes a more dynamic scene.

Doesn't matter how cold it gets...and everyone has access to paper bags. Hell, you can bring some to the game to hand out to neighbors.

A stadium full of fans wearing paper bags on their heads would be epic.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-05-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9087559)
I still think paper bags still makes a more dynamic scene.

Doesn't matter how cold it gets...and everyone has access to paper bags. Hell, you can bring some to the game to hand out to neighbors.

A stadium full of fans wearing paper bags on their heads would be epic.

Black paper bags. Hmm....

007 11-05-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9087535)
I agree.

My dad hates Pioli as much as anyone on this board. He also served in the military for 30 years. He is not a big fan of the black-out on military appreciation day. He gets it...but feels there are other ways to get our point across.

Why does it bother him? I've read several people from the military posting on how they approve of the blackout.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-05-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9087563)
Why does it bother him? I've read several people from the military posting on how they approve of the blackout.

I ask him and he just isn't sure...I don't know if it is Black=death or something like that. It's something I can't really tell him to get over. He spent the 30 years in it...I didn't so I really just leave it be. Again, he is a season ticket holder and wants Pioli gone too. He just isn't big on the blackout... A day of appreciation should not look like a day of mourning I guess....?

bevischief 11-05-2012 04:33 PM

They called me back today around lunch time. It's on it's way.

Old Dog 11-05-2012 04:34 PM

I called in after the jarhead had his say....had to do a bit of deep breathing to do it without yelling, but hopefully I didn't come off as a complete assclown.
Did my 23 years on active duty and half a dozen deployments, I'll wear what I damn well please......and for his info the Army colors are BLACK and gold

007 11-05-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9087578)
I ask him and he just isn't sure...I don't know if it is Black=death or something like that. It's something I can't really tell him to get over. He spent the 30 years in it...I didn't so I really just leave it be. Again, he is a season ticket holder and wants Pioli gone too. He just isn't big on the blackout... A day of appreciation should not look like a day of mourning I guess....?

This is the first time I have even heard of a military member not liking it is all. I definitely respect his opinion on it though. I hope he understands that it has nothing to do with the military in this case and the military ALWAYS gets tons of love from Chiefs fans. hell, it will probably be the loudest we cheer for the entire game. Just like the Marine silent drill was the highlight of the raider game.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-05-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9087578)

That's the first reasonable response I've seen to the whole thing. I can understand that last statement. That said, the Chiefs should show more appreciation than having the damn game staged as a funeral. And it is. I'm sorry, but it's like going to a ****ing funeral there. One of those awkward ones where you feel like more people should show up, but they don't. It's ****ed. 50 years in Kansas City. Together is powerful. While I truly am sorry your Father feels that way, I really hope the city comes together and shows Clark Hunt that Together truly is powerful.

KCUnited 11-05-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9087588)
I called in after the jarhead had his say....had to do a bit of deep breathing to do it without yelling, but hopefully I didn't come off as a complete assclown.
Did my 23 years on active duty and half a dozen deployments, I'll wear what I damn well please......and for his info the Army colors are BLACK and gold

I heard you, good call, you got the SOC shout out and validated your take by saying you we're going wearing black.

BourbonMan 11-05-2012 09:40 PM

So, because I am wearing Black to the Game and it happens to fall on the day that we show our appreciation for the Military, I am going to be viewed as a hater for it.
So, if I wear purple, orange, blue, maybe a rainbow shirt..anything other than Black, it will be OK?
This is effing stupid:mad::mad:
What if it's very cold, and I am wearing my Black/Brown Carharts and Black/Brown Coat..am I still going to be viewed as a Hater towards the Military. FYI...I SERVED IN THE MILITARY TOO..ARMY!!!

fire_egoli 11-07-2012 12:12 AM

just stfu and wear black. solves that

spanky 52 11-08-2012 05:32 AM

I'm a Vietnam era veteran. I'll be there with my adult son, both of us wearing black. If somebody has a problem with it, **** em.

pr_capone 11-08-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky 52 (Post 9097762)
I'm a Vietnam era veteran. I'll be there with my adult son, both of us wearing black. If somebody has a problem with it, **** em.

:clap:

Hammock Parties 11-09-2012 08:28 AM

http://i.imgur.com/agd24.jpg

bevischief 11-09-2012 08:43 AM

Got my hoodie last night and wearing it today along with my "Dammit Carl" t-shirt.

Old Dog 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

Nice job on 610 by Marty

SuperChief 11-09-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9100920)
Nice job on 610 by Marty

This x1000. Maybe Marty should lead this ****wad of a team to glory.

Dayze 11-09-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky 52 (Post 9097762)

I'm a veteran and I don't GAF.
I don't rely on a 'appreciation' day at a football stadium to have pride or know my service was appreciated.

that's what a wife/husband, friends and family are for on Vertan's Day calling you to 'thank you' and to let you know they're proud of you.

bevischief 11-09-2012 05:58 PM

Is it true that the official gear is sold outside of "Sports Nuts"? I was talking with my brother and he has seen it being sold in other stores.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 11-09-2012 08:32 PM

We only licensed it Sports Nutz at that location only. If another store is selling it unauthorized, I'd love to (1) see physical proof (2) have a copy of the receipt (3) know the name of the store.

So put your brother up to the table and tell me where its being sold so I can get after them.:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9102136)
Is it true that the official gear is sold outside of "Sports Nuts"? I was talking with my brother and he has seen it being sold in other stores.

BossChief 11-10-2012 12:16 AM

Not trying to but in, but who cares about what other stores are selling the shirts?

Id just ask them to donate some of the proceeds to SOC or to include links to SOC on their websites and even have something with a link on every piece of clothing they sell.

Its all about getting Arrowhead to be blacked out, isn't it?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 11-10-2012 08:28 AM

apparently I double deleted my double posts.

In a nut shell, the reasons why I want to know are exactly what you posted. We made a promise to the Kilmer Family to help their location. If someone is bootlegging the shirt, they should do the right thing, kick some back to us so we can roll it forward to the KC Boys and Girls Club.