ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9499667)
The depressing idea everyone refuses to discuss is what if there aren't any answers this year. What if this is it, and all these guys never quite make it. People are quite selective with their arguments. There's a huge difference between now and 2009, in that everyone thought Stafford and Sanchez were top 10 talents. ***** didn't care. This year the prevailing opinion among football people that none of these QBs available in any form are truly elite.

I'm going to respectfully disagree, considering that within hours of the Alex Smith deal being leaked, Geno Smith magically became worth a top pick, and everyone and their brother was screaming for Oakland to take him.

And FWIW, I'll gladly take "what if" over "we already know".

DeezNutz 03-14-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

The depressing idea everyone refuses to discuss is what if there aren't any answers this year. What if this is it, and all these guys never quite make it. People are quite selective with their arguments. There's a huge difference between now and 2009, in that everyone thought Stafford and Sanchez were top 10 talents. ***** didn't care. This year the prevailing opinion among football people that none of these QBs available in any form are truly elite.

Have we truly gotten word from "football people," though? The Piolis of the world don't count, as he's a ****ing football moron.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-14-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

I've said many, many times that although I would disagree with them not taking a QB at 1.1, I could accept it. What I find wholly objectionable is the manner in which they hitched the wagon to Alex Smith for the next 2+ years, because with the nature of that trade they aren't just passing on the QBs in this draft, but the next as well.

tk13 03-14-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9499653)
Worked for the colts.

Not even then really. I think the Colts have won 8+ games something like 15 of the last 19 years. They were a playoff team each of the years before tanking to get Luck and Manning.

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9499677)
Have we truly gotten word from "football people," though? The *****s of the world don't count, as he's a ****ing football moron.

"Football people" have also said that the Chiefs have "won the offseason" several times in the past few years.

"Football people" said the Matt Cassel deal was a great move.

"Football people" say some really stupid shit sometimes.

BigRedChief 03-14-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499660)
If you're going to make nothing but "win now" moves, you better ****ing win now.

I would have given this regime all the rope in the world had they realized what everyone else already seems to know - that you win championships with QB drafted in R1 and developed over several years.

I would have kept my tickets, drove 300 miles each way 8 times, and been perfectly content with a low-win season or two. Because we'd be building towards the future.

But when you give up the type of currency we did for a guy an elite team didn't want, it screams "win now".

So they better win now. No excuses.

I know. You are not a lunatic. You can back up your opinion with facts. Its a perfectly legitimate opinion. I agreed in the OP that we should have taken Geno and paid too much for Smith. It's done. There is no going back. The only thing we can do is make a choice on how to handle the new reality.

The vast majority of Chief fans are happy with the moves that have been made. If I was a betting man, In 5 years, I'd put more money on your views over the vast majority. That being said, for me personally, after years of being negative about this team, I'm going to chose to have a little hope.

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9499686)
I've said many, many times that although I would disagree with them not taking a QB at 1.1, I could accept it. What I find wholly objectionable is the manner in which they hitched the wagon to Alex Smith for the next 2+ years, because with the nature of that trade they aren't just passing on the QBs in this draft, but the next as well.

Yep.

Which means they better knock the next three drafts out of the ****ing park, because by the time we have a legitimate QB, guys like Charles, Hali, Flowers, Bowe, Albert, etc will be on the decline.

Going to be hard to do when you're likely to use the 1st overall on a RT and don't have the 34th overall.

The two most valuable picks this regime will likely ever see, and they're wasted.

NJChiefsFan 03-14-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499660)
If you're going to make nothing but "win now" moves, you better ****ing win now.

I would have given this regime all the rope in the world had they realized what everyone else already seems to know - that you win championships with QB drafted in R1 and developed over several years.

I would have kept my tickets, drove 300 miles each way 8 times, and been perfectly content with a low-win season or two. Because we'd be building towards the future.

But when you give up the type of currency we did for a guy an elite team didn't want, it screams "win now".

So they better win now. No excuses.

I agree. Most loyal KC fans will still give them some slack in that situation. The casuals will be back if they got it right. Two years of average then followed by a few learning years for a young QB is even worse for the pysche and stability of the fanbase.

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9499697)
I know. You are not a lunatic. You can back up your opinion with facts. Its a perfectly legitimate opinion. I agreed in the OP that we should have taken Geno and paid too much for Smith. It's done. There is no going back. The only thing we can do is make a choice on how to handle the new reality.

The vast majority of Chief fans are happy with the moves that have been made. If I was a betting man, In 5 years, I'd put more money on your views over the vast majority. Personally, after years of being negative about this team, I'm going to chose to have a little hope.

The vast majority of Chiefs fans thought Cassel just needed more weapons, that Pioli just needed more time, that RAC was a defensive genius, etc.

The vast majority of Chiefs fans are ****ing ignorant about football.

Easy 6 03-14-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9499596)
Number of 300 yard passing games for Alex Smith: 3
Number of 300 yard passing games for Matt Cassel: 7

Ohhh. Shit.

LMAO... :facepalm:

What a ride this fanship is, wouldnt miss it for nothin.

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9499706)
I agree. Most loyal KC fans will sit give them some slack in that situation. The casuals will be back if they got it right. Two years of average then followed by few learning years for a QB is even worse for the pysche and stability of the fanbase.

Great point.

NJChiefsFan 03-14-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9499697)

The vast majority of Chief fans are happy with the moves that have been made. If I was a betting man, In 5 years, I'd put more money on your views over the vast majority. That being said, for me personally, after years of being negative about this team, I'm going to chose to have a little hope.

For me, I can't handle a couple years of average QB play and no real threat or hope in the backup spot. That is too depressing and that's what I fear is going to happen. I understand your stance, but I just see us going down the road of decent QB that takes a while to prove clearly that he isn't the guy.

tk13 03-14-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9499677)
Have we truly gotten word from "football people," though? The *****s of the world don't count, as he's a ****ing football moron.

I think it's pretty clear no one is that impressed with this year's group. We're a month before the draft and the reviews have been fairly mixed. And I think that's being kind. Although I think guys will go in the top 10 because of the importance of the position. And furthermore, there will be guys in this class that probably have success. They just can't figure out who because the tape is so mixed.

I never put much value in how McShay and Kiper and Mayock rate people, but some of the comments and thoughts they have are obviously direct thoughts from scouts across the league, given the way they present them.

BossChief 03-14-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9498909)
What?

How does #34 overall equate to #16 overall?

34=560
Mid second rounder (16th overall) is worth 420 points

The 16th pick is worth 1000.

If we win a few playoff games, it's a steal...if we go two years without making the playoffs, it was a massive fail of a trade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9498973)
While his TEAM improved every year, Alex Smith was the key piece that needed replaced to get to a superbowl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9498976)
Complete speculation

How is his post speculation?

Harbaugh benched Alex Smith in favor of a second round pick for the previous draft and he lead the team to the superbowl.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9499565)
If you think he's Matt Cassel, fine.

I've seen at least 15 of his games in the last two seasons and couldn't disagree more with that assessment.

I agree there. No question.

I just want to enjoy watching Chiefs football again.

Hopefully, Alex Smith plays out of his mind for a few years and the trade is a huge win...I just know better. I've seen this movie like 6 times already.

BigRedChief 03-14-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499718)
The vast majority of Chiefs fans thought Cassel just needed more weapons, that ***** just needed more time, that RAC was a defensive genius, etc.

Hence the majority of my money on your opinion.:p

tk13 03-14-2013 08:13 PM

The other interesting thing is Reid and Dorsey don't have a track record of ***** ego-mania. They come from organizations and have track records of not being afraid to address the QB position aggressively.

They could be wrong here though. But I said this during the combine... I think their interviews with Geno and Barkley went horribly... because they came right out and finalized the trade for Alex Smith right afterwards. People laugh at that, but I wonder if they just had a panic attack and thought they better make sure they get someone they are marginally comfortable with.

And I would've traded for Alex Smith, and probably drafted Geno Smith. Screw them... neither guy has really done enough yet to dictate terms to a GM. They need to throw as many options as they can at the position. I'll admit watching Geno and Barkley in those Mariucci interviews was really disappointing though. Both guys are knocked for their inability to process information, and they had a difficult time with softball Steve Mariucci. Geno's accuracy when he's comfortable in the pocket is tremendous though. He just needs to find a place where they will utilize him properly.

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9499768)
The other interesting thing is Reid and Dorsey don't have a track record of ***** ego-mania. They come from organizations and have track records of not being afraid to address the QB position aggressively.

They could be wrong here though. But I said this during the combine... I think their interviews with Geno and Barkley went horribly... because they came right out and finalized the trade for Alex Smith right afterwards. People laugh at that, but I wonder if they just had a panic attack and thought they better make sure they get someone they are marginally comfortable with.

And I would've traded for Alex Smith, and probably drafted Geno Smith. Screw them... neither guy has really done enough yet to dictate terms to a GM. They need to throw as many options as they can at the position. I'll admit watching Geno and Barkley in those Mariucci interviews was really disappointing though. Both guys are knocked for their inability to process information, and they had a difficult time with softball Steve Mariucci. Geno's accuracy when he's comfortable in the pocket is tremendous though. He just needs to find a place where they will utilize him properly.

This amazes me, because you're way smarter than this.

Why trade for a guy who is about to be cut?

Had they signed Smith as a FA and drafted a guy for competition/development, I don't think anyone here would be upset.

But to commit to the guy for the foreseeable future based on the compensation you give to get him?

Spinning wheels.

tk13 03-14-2013 08:24 PM

Well the first pick in the 2nd round was way too high. That was terrible. But I would've considered a 3rd or 4th. That's still probably too high, but everyone talks about how important the position is and how this team should be more aggressive in acquiring one... that's what they think they were doing. I guess.

Smith is a #1 overall pick. He has talent. And we have a coach with a solid history of getting the most out of his talent at QB.

But at this point screw all these rules. We don't have to be tied to Smith for years on end, at least until we give him a stupid contract. But I like the idea of throwing as much as we can at the position. If you find the right guy it won't be a problem. No one's laughing at Shanahan for drafting 2 QBs last year.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 08:43 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...r-bowl-in-2012

Bleacher report, but still interesting.

8th ranked QB for PFF in 2011. 6 4th Quarter Comebacks/Game Winning Drives for the season. There is the first bit of optimism I've had on that subject thus far.

BossChief 03-14-2013 08:44 PM

If Alex Smith can pick up where he left off in SF, I'll be fine with the trade. Lets break some numbers down and extrapolate some stats for the homers to preach...

Alex Smith completed 70% of his passes and had a 8.1ypa. He also threw a touchdown pass every 16.8 throws and an interception every 43.6 passes.

Andy Reids quarterbacks threw the ball 616 times.

(I know this is just totally irrelevant due to changing circumstances and all, but it's fun to think about when you want to ignore the reality of the situation.)

Here's what the numbers break down to...

432/616
4928 yards
37td passes
14 interceptions

Fire up those BBQs, Chiefs fans. We going to big games with a QB like that.

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9499911)
If Alex Smith can pick up where he left off in SF, I'll be fine with the trade. Lets break some numbers down and extrapolate some stats for the homers to preach...

Alex Smith completed 70% of his passes and had a 8.1ypa. He also threw a touchdown pass every 16.8 throws and an interception every 43.6 passes.

(I know this is just totally irrelevant due to changing circumstances and all, but it's fun to think about when you want to ignore the reality of the situation.)

432/616
4928 yards
37td passes
14 interceptions

LMAO

BossChief 03-14-2013 08:50 PM

And seriously, if THAT is what Andy Reid thinks he can get out of Alex Smith I hope he is right.

I bet that's EXACTLY what his hopes are from the compensation given up in the trade.

RunKC 03-14-2013 08:53 PM

Some people just need to call it quits. Writing how much you hate this team everyday must make you an extremely grumpy person in real life.

If you hate this team and Alex Smith is Matt Cassel, than surely you know how this story ends, right?

So why waste your time if you're pissed off about it that much?

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9499942)
And seriously, if THAT is what Andy Reid thinks he can get out of Alex Smith I hope he is right.

I bet that's EXACTLY what his hopes are from the compensation given up in the trade.

If Reid thinks he can get Alex Smith to throw for nearly 2,000 more yards and 20 more TD's than he's ever thrown in a season, he needs to be checked into the nuthouse.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

432/616
4928 yards
37td passes
14 interceptions

Drew Brees 2.0 ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9499960)
Some people just need to call it quits. Writing how much you hate this team everyday must make you an extremely grumpy person in real life.

If you hate this team and Alex Smith is Matt Cassel, than surely you know how this story ends, right?

I've bitched as much as anyone about it, but he has had some pretty ****ing clutch drives over the last several years. That is huge.

BossChief 03-14-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9499960)

You want blind faith, find it elsewhere.

This place is for critical thinkers. STFD and STFU while the big boys are talking.

Pablo 03-14-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499966)
If Reid thinks he can get Alex Smith to throw for nearly 2,000 more yards and 20 more TD's than he's ever thrown in a season, he needs to be checked into the nuthouse.

No shit.

There's optimism and there's realizing potential. That's just delusional talk.

Alex Smith will never throw for more than 3,500 yards and/or 25 TD's as a Chief. That's his absolute ceiling. Mark it down. Sig me up. Whatever. That's the best we can hope for. And that probably won't cut it in a pass-happy league.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 08:58 PM

He was on pace for 26 TD's last year and I believe that many yards in a conservative offense. Andy is going to throw the ball. Hey, I'm trying. Not sure how he was in the 4th in '12, but had some aces in 2011.

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

432/616
4928 yards
37td passes
14 interceptions

Thats nice in theory but when Alex Smith has been asked to throw like Reid wants, he fails.

ToxSocks 03-14-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

432/616
4928 yards
37td passes
14 interceptions

It'll be interesting to see how Alex does w/o a running game. As we all know, Andy Reid isn't a running game kinda coach. In Alex's best years, he benefited greatly from an elite rushing attack. I'm not sure that Andy is going to offer him that kind of support.

BossChief 03-14-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499966)

I'll give the guy some credit, though. He has polished some far worse turds than Alex Smith in the past.

The guy got a second out of AJ Feeley and a second and a high pick corner for Kolb ....he coached Vick up to the best year of his career...he got his team to the championship game with McNabb a bunch of years and even to the superbowl (which he would have probably won if it weren't for spy gate)...when McNabb left, he got a second for him and McNabb didn't do anything without Reid.

RunKC 03-14-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9499974)
You want blind faith, find it elsewhere.

This place is for critical thinkers. STFD and STFU while the big boys are talking.

So you're not gonna trust arguably the best and most proven QB coach in the entire NFL with the position?

You're just gonna bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch. And bitch.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9499988)
It'll be interesting to see how Alex does w/o a running game. As we all know, Andy Reid isn't a running game kinda coach. In Alex's best years, he benefited greatly from an elite rushing attack. I'm not sure that Andy is going to offer him that kind of support.

This team should have a ridiculous PA pass/screen game. The boobs we've had at QB/coaching couldn't pull it off the last several years. Can Andy?

Hammock Parties 03-14-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

432/616
4928 yards
37td passes
14 interceptions

LMAO

Gotta add this to my thread.

Post of the offseason.

BossChief 03-14-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9499988)

Charles will get his touches. Bet that.

TLO 03-14-2013 09:07 PM

I wasn't thrilled with the Alex Smith trade, but have liked most of the other moves made. Most importantly Cassel and Piolli are gone. I am feeling a little optimistic at this point, but really interested to see what happens in the draft. No question this team is better than the shit we put on the field last season.

Baby Lee 03-14-2013 09:10 PM

IF, . . . we don't pick up Geno as well, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if we didn't have 2-3 playoff wins before we find out with objective evidence how he pans out, taking in the field somewhere in 2016-2017 a la Aaron Rodgers.

BossChief 03-14-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9500019)
LMAO

Gotta add this to my thread.

Post of the offseason.

:BLVD::bong::Pinky:

BossChief 03-14-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9499980)
He was on pace for 26 TD's last year and I believe that many yards in a conservative offense. Andy is going to throw the ball. Hey, I'm trying. Not sure how he was in the 4th in '12, but had some aces in 2011.

QB rating by quarter

1st 99.1
2nd 109.6
3rd 122.7
4th 67.4

Ha

Baby Lee 03-14-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

The vast majority of Chiefs fans thought Cassel just needed more weapons, that ***** just needed more time, that RAC was a defensive genius, etc.

RAC is a good DC, not HC, otherwise this post is pure BS. I can't recall the last time I talked with a Chiefs fans and it wasn't '**** man, Cassel, and that A-Hole *****,' followed lowered eyes and shaking heads.

Maybe I just have smarter friends than you.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2013 09:15 PM

If Alex Smith were a band, he'd be Air Supply.
Posted via Mobile Device

DTLB58 03-14-2013 09:16 PM

I voted for option 2.

I just think that as Chief fans in general we all live in the past way to much. Now, that may be because the Franchise hasn't given us a whole lot recently to brag about. But, when we have a new turn around (again), I think we should embrace it. We have a new GM,HC and probably Franchise QB. I say probably cause currently he is only under contract for two seasons.

But really folks, I am already tired of 610 radio doing another Scott Pioli interview "looking back" wanting him to own up to his mistakes, blah,blah, blah.
I'm sure the Matt Cassel cut, signed by the Vikings, QB controversy in Minnesota threads are gonna live on here all season. Enough already! Let's focus on the Chiefs and move on.

Are we going to start flying banners on the new regime and QB already?
Hey, Alex Smith wasn't my first choice at QB either but guess what? This is my 40th year as being a Chiefs fan and I learned a long time ago they don't ask me on personnel decisions. So if you don't like it or can't live with it, either stop bitching about it or change teams. It's real easy.

Pablo 03-14-2013 09:17 PM

"Tip your cups with me fellow Chiefs fans! And drink the nectar of life.

What? Don't worry about what's in it. Yeah, it smells like chemicals. That's just the happy, fun-time tailgate party pills I put in there.

No, it won't make your stomach hurt. Just ****ing drink it already".

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9500085)
QB rating by quarter

1st 99.1
2nd 109.6
3rd 122.7
4th 67.4

Ha

**** you Alex Smith!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9500097)
"Tip your cups with me fellow Chiefs fans! And drink the nectar of life.

What? Don't worry about what's in it. Yeah, it smells like chemicals. That's just the happy, fun-time tailgate party pills I put in there.

No, it won't make your stomach hurt. Just ****ing drink it already".

lmao....****in' Post Rock...
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 09:29 PM

http://rememberinghistory.files.word..._jim_jones.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:30 PM

IMO They've upgraded the team pretty steeply in one offseason that is for sure.

DTLB58 03-14-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

This is true. But the vast majority a fans don't make the Chiefs/Football their lives like a lot of us on here do. They may catch a few games here or there during the season and see all the "Highlights" and from that feel as if they can make a judgement on how the team should be run. Also, a lot of people just have a feel for the game and watching talent and seeing how it will pan out.

I've watched every game Pre-Reg and Post season since 1989. (Ironically, the year I got married and I'm still married to that same women) and before that I listened to Chief games on the radio.

I'm not patting myself on the back here, just agreeing with you in saying that I know where you are coming from. I talk to a lot of Chief fans out there, and it usually takes me all of about 2 minutes of talking to them to figure out whether or not if they know what the hell they are talking about.

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 09:32 PM

http://38ccda.medialib.glogster.com/...id-100-dpi.jpg

DTLB58 03-14-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9498678)
Nope, you can't talk me off of the ledge..I'm still jumping.

Well, bye then. LMAO

DTLB58 03-14-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9498728)
I'm sorry, but, I just can't get excited about a team that's being led by Alex Smith. I've watched Smith play many times, and I just don't see what there is to like about him.

Trading what amounts to a mid first round pick for a veteran game manager, does not seem like a move a front office that's devoted to building a tradition of winning and challenging for championships makes. The move screams, "play it safe" and creep back to mediocrity to get asses back in the seats. Who the **** wants to root for that?

Then you are not watching any Chief games this season right? So why do you still post on here and waste your time?

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9500185)
IMO They've upgraded the team pretty steeply in one offseason that is for sure.

I dunno....it seems mostly just treading water...almost like they see what most of us saw at the beginning of '12....that we 'should' be able to compete for the division.....It seems like a lot of the moves are banking that we underperformed last season and wanting to win now.....I just hope that it isnt too much of a set back when this doesn't happen.....

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9499741)
How is his post speculation?

How is it speculation? Because Alex Smith had the best QBR in the league before his concussion. He was kicking ****ing ass up and down the field.

You can't say that "he needed to be replaced to get to the Super Bowl" because there was absolutely nothing to indicate that the 49ers were anything other than a Super Bowl team before his injury.

They were in the NFC Championship game, scored as many points as the Patriots did against the very same defense, but took them to overtime.

Jesus ****ing Christ, my mind is a spinning from all of the pure ****ing outright bullshit that's been spewed about Alex Smith, whether it's from dumb****s or GoChiefs.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

And anyone that says Alex Smith = Matt Cassel is ****ing ignorant about football.

Baby Lee 03-14-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500256)
And anyone that says Alex Smith = Matt Cassel is ****ing ignorant about football.

Post from another thread, cited for posterity

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9499910)
I honestly don't get the Smith=Cassel shit, short of CP PTSD.

If Aaron Rodgers and the Mannings are Central Park West, Smith is Harlem and Cassel is the outer reaches of Long Island.

Smith may not be more game manager than load shoulderer, but Cassel couldn't muster even game manager unless it was against the worst teams in the league. He made brain farts that seemed previously unfathomable [EDIT: see meandering a flea flicker back up into the pocket and doinking his pass off a D-Lineman, . . . a flea flicker!!!]. He made simple passes in that flat that were so off target that they stopped the receiver in his tracks and got him run over like Letterman's stalker on the train tracks, the pants pooping under pressure fertilized a small farm one county over, his audibles were so obvious the defense could make the stop with a cigarette draped from their lips.

If we get a minimal return Smith and he's merely competent and cautious, it'll still be a huge upgrade.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500229)
I dunno....it seems mostly just treading water..

:facepalm:

Yeah, you're right.

Dunta Robinson: Not an upgrade
Anthony Fasano: Not an upgrade
Mike DeVito: Not an upgrade
Sean Smith: Not an upgrade
Donnie Avery: Not an upgrade
Alex Smith: Not an upgrade.

They might as well not even ****ing show up this season.

DTLB58 03-14-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9499071)
Why do you think they are surrounding him with so many pieces? They realize that they cant rely on alex smith to win games.

Andy just doesnt want to turn the ball over. Hell, he could of kept cassel if he wanted to sling the ball all over. that guy had no fear. Alex refuses to take chances.

yes, you are going to have to rely on your running game, short passing game and defense.

Big deal.

You don't think Peyton and Tom are surrounded with so many pieces?
Do I have to name them all? Holy crap.

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500256)

Anyone that says theyre vastly different is a god damn phony

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500229)
I dunno....it seems mostly just treading water...almost like they see what most of us saw at the beginning of '12....that we 'should' be able to compete for the division.....It seems like a lot of the moves are banking that we underperformed last season and wanting to win now.....I just hope that it isnt too much of a set back when this doesn't happen.....

Didn't like the trade at all comp. wise, but there is no question in my mind they've upgraded the QB position in a measurable way. The secondary as well. Since they aren't taking a QB, they need to grab a pass rusher with their 1st round pick. Hell, I don't care if it's another D-lineman if he can get after the QB.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 09:45 PM

So they have Hali coming from one side, Houston coming from the other, and they need to grab a pass rusher with their 1st round pick. Okay then.

splatbass 03-14-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9498802)
A large number of people have literally claimed that the Alex Smith trade was worse than the trade for Matt Cassel. If that's not just being bitchy, then people here are complete idiots whose sports opinions have no merit.

+1

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500265)

Yeah, you're right.

Anthony Fasano: Not an upgrade
Mike DeVito: Not an upgrade
Sean Smith: Not an upgrade
Donnie Avery: Not an upgrade
Alex Smith: Not an upgrade.

They might as well not even ****ing show up this season.

Aside from Sean Smith, who ARE these ****s, anyway???
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9500295)
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

You're quite the football fan.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500286)
So they have Hali coming from one side, Houston coming from the other, and they need to grab a pass rusher with their 1st round pick. Okay then.

Team needs interior pass rushing from the D-line in bad way. Rather have a RT? Why do you think we've been beating the Geno/QB drum for so long. It was the only pick that really made sense. Now time for Plan B.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500271)

I love the new and abused Pawnmower. Awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 03-14-2013 09:49 PM

We've gotta trade down and restock the picks. Alot of depth in this draft to load up spots.

And yes, we need a pass rusher from the DL.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 09:50 PM

I don't know if it's worse than Cassel, but it's certainly as bad as. So much to give up for a guy nobody else wanted.

RyFo18 03-14-2013 09:50 PM

We can't expect casual fans to know free agent players that aren't scoring 20 fantasy points a week or defensive players that aren't superstars.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9500295)
Posted via Mobile Device

All solid signings Mr. Sweet Dick. Gave up too much for Alex, but that's the price you pay for acquiring QB's.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500286)

Hali is slowing down and he's at a point where a replacement/depth player would be more than helpful. If you can rotate a similar player to Hali & Houston, your pass rushing will be far more efficient, especially in the 4th quarter.

See Osi Umenyora, Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck and JPP for proof over the years. It works.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500301)
LMAO

You're quite the football fan.

And you're quite the Lateral Pimp.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500265)

Yeah, you're right.

lost routt

Anthony Fasano: Not an upgrade brokeaki hurt again
Mike DeVito: Not an upgrade lost dorsey
Sean Smith: Not an upgradeseems decent...young too...i like this one
Donnie Avery: i dont know ..looks MEH to me..but whatev
Alex Smith: Not an upgrade.not much, win now guy...like i said..not long term....meh

Typical 2013 Dane, the only way you can win arguments is by making shit up. I never said none were upgrades, I said most seemed like treading water to me.

I didnt realize you lost your balls to cancer bro.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9500303)
Team needs interior pass rushing from the D-line in bad way. Rather have a RT? Why do you think we've been beating the Geno/QB drum for so long. It was the only pick that really made sense. Now time for Plan B.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they're most likely still in a 2-gap.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500271)

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9500307)
We've gotta trade down and restock the picks. Alot of depth in this draft to load up spots.

And yes, we need a pass rusher from the DL.

Trading down would be ideal. Takes a willing suitor though.

O.city 03-14-2013 09:52 PM

Someone said this on twitter today. Made alot of sense.

"Game is all about the QB. Get one, protect one, get to one."

We'll like it or not, we've got one who our FO thinks is pretty good. We need to either get someone to protect him, or get someone who can get to the other ones.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9500315)
All solid signings Mr. Sweet Dick. Gave up too much for Alex, but that's the price you pay for acquiring QB's.

Eh, if you say so. I can't trust Dame's word for shit anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500318)
Typical 2013 Dane, the only way you can win arguments is by making shit up. I never said none were upgrades, I said most seemed like treading water to me.

I didnt realize you lost your balls to cancer bro.

Oh, just shut the **** up.

Moeaki hasn't been lost for the season. DeVito is a far better run stuffer than Broke Dick/Never Was in Dorsey.

Robinson is not replacing Stanford Routt. LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500320)
Hate to burst your bubble, but they're most likely still in a 2-gap.

Alright, who do you think they should take outside of QB?