ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Yep, Alex Smith is here to stay. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272560)

GordonGekko 04-28-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9642168)
Lets be honest, Dallas is up and down and always loses games they shouldn't. Philly sucks, Jags suck, Raiders suck, Chargers suck, Bills suck, Browns suck, Titans are no better than us. They should have a shot to win all those games.

I also don't think teams like Washington or Indy are stupendous yet. This team has a shot to have a nice year.

Roger, I think suck is relative here though. There is 8-8 type suck which most of the teams you listed will be, and then there is suck coming off 2-14 with new HC and QB, and a horrible draft. If we get insanely lucky maybe 6 wins, maybe. But in 2011 I thought the Bills sucked and Lions sucked and they beat us by an average of 40.

Kaepernick 04-28-2013 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=ayleswbj;9641085]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9640996)
Is this the same Urban Meyer who recently predicted that Tim Tebow would win the super bowl?

Urban could if he wanted to have almost any NFL job available. He knows a bit more than us and whos to say that Tebow cant be good. He got railroaded this past year by the Jests whatever happend to letting a guy develop. Isnt this what everyone and there brother is bitching about not drafting Geno? Drafting a guy to develop. Tebow is a young guy, why cant he be developed in the right situation. This is what Meyer is talking about. What a terrible place to play QB in NY. It is a dam mess up there. Bet you wouldnt mind having a playoff win recently. The kid never even got the opportunity to compete. Thats all these guys ask for is a fair shake an the jets purposely didnt give him one because of the publicity and the money they gave sanchez. His future is still being written

Tebow will NEVER be accurate. Steve Young has said as much. Young said Tebow "throws like a catapult".

But I guess Urban Meyer would know better than a HoF QB who overcame huge inaccuracy problems early in his career to become a multiple league MVP and 2nd all time in QB passer rating.

You Alex fans are always all about QB passer rating.

I'm sure Meyer is as right about Alex as he is about Tebow. I.E., wrong.

Simplicity 04-28-2013 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=Kaepernick;9642291]
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9641085)

Tebow will NEVER be accurate. Steve Young has said as much. Young said Tebow "throws like a catapult".

But I guess Urban Meyer would know better than a HoF QB who overcame huge inaccuracy problems early in his career to become a multiple league MVP and 2nd all time in QB passer rating.

Gonna guess you were one of those bundle of stickss that wanted to draft a QB this years draft thinking that you would get something from it.

Kaepernick 04-28-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9641250)
There are no guarantees though. We just had the first pick in the draft and although I kind of like our draft it wasn't really all that wonderful of position to be in. I guess we could go O-fer until the next Andy Luck came along in ten years.

No, there are never guarantees. I'm just saying as a fan, I can wait through terrible seasons if I know my GM is methodically building a champion. I would rather go through terrible seasons while that happens, then be a perennial 9-7 team and say we had 80 consecutive winning seasons.

Lombardi's are the only goal. Sucking is the way to improve if you have a great GM. If your owner/front office sucks, then 6-10 vs 10-6 every year doesn't make much difference. You are never going to feel the exhilaration of the super bowl chase or the euphoria of your team winning it all. I would rather multiple suckage years that give a good GM the chance to build a champion.

Mecca 04-28-2013 08:10 PM

This is what I'll say, while I don't think the front office sucks, I'm not a fan of Alex Smith but it appears everyone in the NFL hated all of the QB's in the draft.

Simplicity 04-28-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9642177)
Roger, I think suck is relative here though. There is 8-8 type suck which most of the teams you listed will be, and then there is suck coming off 2-14 with new HC and QB, and a horrible draft. If we get insanely lucky maybe 6 wins, maybe. But in 2011 I thought the Bills sucked and Lions sucked and they beat us by an average of 40.

New HC is Andy Reid, a veteran winning coach (don't even try to argue that shit bundle of sticks) New QB led the league in competion rate and TDs/Yards before he was injured 10 games in. The draft class blew shit anyways and we had a great draft with the lack of talent in it. We have all the pieces and even pieces behind pieces. and all you bundle of stickss think we are only going to win 6. So much ****ing idiots.

Dave Lane 04-28-2013 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=Kaepernick;9642291]
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9641085)

What the **** is up with these Alex Smith sycophant morons? Is it a mormon thing? I know he's a mormon from a Utah team, is that the connection? I can't understand why we are infested with these idiots and their excuse making, undying love for Alex Smiff.

Kaepernick 04-28-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9641714)
Trent Green was never an accurate downfield passer. In fact, he very rarely threw the ball downfield. His yardage stats were seriously skewed by how awesome that team was at running screens with Priest Holmes behind Willie Roaf and Will Shields. Green rarely threw the ball downfield. Tony Gonzales, a TE was his most frequent downfield target. if 10 yard hooks are downfield. We never really had a WR of any note whatsoever in those years. It was all Holmes and Gonzales. Sound like anyone else we know?

Dude, you've made your mind up. I think you're premature. Whatever. Have fun...not having fun, I guess.

When has Alex Smith been called an accurate downfield passer? Link, please?

He is accurate beneath the linebackers. Deep, not so much. Last year Alex had a career game against the Buffalo Bills. On the post game show, ex-WR Dwight Clark stated that Alex Smith has never been known as an accurate passer, but that he was deadly accurate against the Bills, hitting receivers in stride and putting the ball right on the hands of his receivers.

Filled me with hope.

Then came the Seahawks game where he could not even find a wide, wide open Randy Moss wildly waving his arms running the full length of the end zone while Frank Gore pointed him out to Alex. Still ended in an interception.

Then came the 3-pick game vs the Giants.

Good-bye downfield accuracy. Well, at least he had it for his career game vs. the Bills.

Maybe I am wrong and Alex is Drew Brees, Jr. Just don't act surprised when you see his downfield accuracy lacking.

Then cm

Mecca 04-28-2013 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=Dave Lane;9642346]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9642291)

What the **** is up with these Alex Smith sycophant morons? Is it a mormon thing? I know he's a mormon from a Utah team, is that the connection? I can't understand why we are infested with these idiots and their excuse making, undying love for Alex Smiff.

Dude Utah isn't a Mormon school that's BYU.

Tangeuray 04-28-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9638088)
News flash: Haven't played a game with Alex Smith yet and already you guys sound like a prude bitch. What kind of draft were you expecting with this horrid draft class?

This is why I love this board.....cant get away with that at the 49ers board.

Kaepernick 04-28-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94niners (Post 9641735)
Alex Smith was actually pretty accurate on deep passes (passes traveling 20 yards or more). The problem is that he doesn't take chances enough on them. He checks it down WAY too much. He's going to be a 15-25 guy for you. He will not cost you many games, which means you won't be a joke any more.

Sadly, this also means it will be harder for you to get a real franchise quarterback (although the 49ers got on in the 2nd round, the Seahawks got on in the 3rd, and the Patriots got on in the 6th). :thumb:

Prove he was accurate on passes over 20 yards.

It would be more accurate to say he had a very high completion % on passes>20 yards. Accuracy? Or is that just because he refused to throw the rock unless his receiver had burned the defense and was wide open, where an errant throw couldn't possibly result in an INT. Where even if he was not particularly accurate, the receiver could still adjust and make the catch.

Drew brees is accurate on passes over 20 yards. He will put the ball in a small window.

Alex has a high completion % on passes over 20 yards because he is ultra cautious and very selective throwing passes over 20 yards. If the 20 yard receiver is covered on 3rd and 14, then he throws a 5 yard pass to Crabtree and hopes for 10 YAC.

"Efficiency" is not the same thing as "accuracy".

Dave Lane 04-28-2013 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=Mecca;9642350]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9642346)

Dude Utah isn't a Mormon school that's BYU.

I saw a SLCChiefs fan so I assumed a Utah connection and maybe rooting for a mormon. I still don't get it.

Mecca 04-28-2013 08:22 PM

What he's saying explains something..they draft an OT and a TE that can run...

Basically you use the running game to stay out of long yardage or quick hits to TE's and WR's...you have a dominant line that gives him all day so players can get wide open downfield...it all comes together.

Kaepernick 04-28-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9641754)
This kind of scares me even more now if he hangs JC out to dry in the flats. If he can get the ball to JC in time to make a move then maybe it would work out. I don't trust Alex Smith getting a passing game going and not getting our guys killed.

I have to say he was very good at not getting Gore killed in SF. I can't say if that was Alex or play calling, but I don't think you have to worry about Alex hanging Charles out to dry and getting him plastered.

See, I always have something good to say about Alex!

Sorter 04-28-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9642384)
Prove he was accurate on passes over 20 yards.

It would be more accurate to say he had a very high completion % on passes>20 yards. Accuracy? Or is that just because he refused to throw the rock unless his receiver had burned the defense and was wide open, where an errant throw couldn't possibly result in an INT. Where even if he was not particularly accurate, the receiver could still adjust and make the catch.

Drew brees is accurate on passes over 20 yards. He will put the ball in a small window.

Alex has a high completion % on passes over 20 yards because he is ultra cautious and very selective throwing passes over 20 yards. If the 20 yard receiver is covered on 3rd and 14, then he throws a 5 yard pass to Crabtree and hopes for 10 YAC.

"Efficiency" is not the same thing as "accuracy".

Another thing to consider is ball placement, which IMO is tied in very heavily with accuracy but something most people on message boards don't talk about.

Kaepernick 04-28-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9641769)
That concern is without any merit.

He is a better, more accurate passer i the short passing game than Matt Cassel, by far.

He does have the ability to get the ball to the RBs and TEs in the short game to give them the best opportunity to make plays.

Alex was very good in the underneath passing game. Very good. You have that right. I would say he mastered it, and that is not a backhanded slam. If he could stretch the field with occasional accurate deep passes, his underneath game would be scary. Instead, Defenders just take away his favorite target in the short passing game, then challenge him to find the 2nd & 3rd read.

All Alex needs is a wide receiver who can get complete separation on a few deep passes. With complete separation, no serious coverage at all, he will throw the ball accurately enough to complete the deep pass. Get a few of those going, and his short game is deady. The defenders who prevent that tend to box him in.

Mav 04-28-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9642168)
Lets be honest, Dallas is up and down and always loses games they shouldn't. Philly sucks, Jags suck, Raiders suck, Chargers suck, Bills suck, Browns suck, Titans are no better than us. They should have a shot to win all those games.

I also don't think teams like Washington or Indy are stupendous yet. This team has a shot to have a nice year.

The browns beat you last year, with less talent, and zero coaching. They have more talent, and way better coaching. You wont beat the browns......

Simplicity 04-28-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Go hop into your space ship and discover new planets.

O.city 04-28-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9642401)
Another thing to consider is ball placement, which IMO is tied in very heavily with accuracy but something most people on message boards don't talk about.

I tried to bring this up once in a conversation about someone, in regards to screens (bubble, flat etc).

Ball placement makes so much difference in regards to timing. It's quite comical how bad our QB's were last year.

Mav 04-28-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9642408)
Alex was very good in the underneath passing game. Very good. You have that right. I would say he mastered it, and that is not a backhanded slam. If he could stretch the field with occasional accurate deep passes, his underneath game would be scary. Instead, Defenders just take away his favorite target in the short passing game, then challenge him to find the 2nd & 3rd read.

yeah, great point. Like they did in the first meeting against seattle? Remember? The first half we kept trying to go deep. In the second half, we worked UNDERNEATHE, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD, and alex picked them apart, along with our running game?

I remember that too!!!!

Mecca 04-28-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9642410)
The browns beat you last year, with less talent, and zero coaching. They have more talent, and way better coaching. You wont beat the browns......

I really don't think the Browns are all that talented...and lets be honest Chudzinski really?

Mav 04-28-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9642424)
I really don't think the Browns are all that talented...and lets be honest Chudzinski really?

Chud, was the OC when derek anderson, who might be the worst qb i have ever seen, won 10 games, and made the pro bowl. he was also the oc when Cam Newton broke every rookie qb record. Norv Turner, is our Oc. Shitty coach, hell of an OC. And Ray Horton., Straight off the Steeler tree, also the man responsible for a hellacious defense in Arizona. Things arent always what they seem......

Kaepernick 04-28-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9642418)
yeah, great point. Like they did in the first meeting against seattle? Remember? The first half we kept trying to go deep. In the second half, we worked UNDERNEATHE, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD, and alex picked them apart, along with our running game?

I remember that too!!!!

Why do you post to me when you know I don't want to see a thing you have to say? I don't care if you are agreeing with me.

Don't post to me. Go away.

Simplicity 04-28-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9642557)
Why do you post to me when you know I don't want to see a thing you have to say. I don't care if you are agreeing with me.

Don't post to me. Go away.

Hey bundle of sticks, stfu. Think you can wallk on this board and pull that shit? Your bitch ass needs to GO.

patteeu 04-28-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

He's not a Mormon.

Kaepernick 04-28-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9642569)
Hey pillowbitergot, stfu. Think you can wallk on this board and pull that shit? Your bitch ass needs to GO.

Yes, I can pull that crap with a Cleveland Browns/Alex Smith fan who was banned from his own board multiple times, and then after claiming for years to be a diehard 49ers fan, says "**** the 49ers, I'm not a 49ers fan anymore", because the QB he followed in college left. Then comes to a Chiefs board where he aggravates the ever-living shit out of a fanbase that hasn't seen a playoff win or a 1st round QB pick in 2 decades, and refuses to shut TFU despite all pleadings.

Yes, I can tell an asswipe like that to quit posting to me.

Or are you one of those who said "**** the Chiefs" and followed Trent Green to Miami?

I don't have any respect for a jackass who is ONLY a fan of a single sports player and has no loyalty to a team. It is one thing to change your loyalty to another team and it sticks and then that is your team. You have to be an 1st class dipshit to have loyalty to a ****ing player. A mediocre one at that.

Who is he going to root for when Alex dies? Angel Alex?

How many of you have groupie chased a single Chief's player to the exclusion of the team as a whole. How many NFL players have a Lombardi in their trophy case? Lasts I checked it was a TEAM trophy. Rings are for contibutors. Trophies are for the TEAM that wins a championship.

I don't want anything to do with that guy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-28-2013 10:11 PM

Pay no attention to Simplicity. He fists himself to old Neil Sedaka records nightly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris Meck 04-28-2013 10:31 PM

Seriously, some of you guys are so ****ing twisted in your rage that you make no sense.

I am no huge Alex Smith fan. I don't think there was a better option available. I quite liked Trent Green, although I don't particularly think he threw deep much.

These are not opinions worthy of derision.:spock:

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9642988)
I am no huge Alex Smith fan. I don't think there was a better option available. I quite liked Trent Green, although I don't particularly think he threw deep much.

He threw down the field quite a bit. A LOT more than Alex Smith ever has.

Know your shit, or GTFO. It's clear you don't.

Mother****erJones 04-28-2013 10:34 PM

Tyler Bray...IS HERE TO STAY

Dave Lane 04-28-2013 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=patteeu;9642604]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9642346)

He's not a Mormon.

He says he is but maybe you know better. I'm just trying to understand this worship of Alex Smiff. It's like worshipping Cassel like LA Chiefsfan but for real.

What the **** is the connection?

RustShack 04-28-2013 10:36 PM

QB's are reached on every year. It says a lot about this years QB's the way they were drafted.

Chris Meck 04-28-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9642990)
He threw down the field quite a bit. A LOT more than Alex Smith ever has.

Know your shit, or GTFO. It's clear you don't.

That's not even what I said. That's not the point I was making, and not why I brought Green up. The comparison was what I would consider two fairly limited but intelligent QB's and what they can do in a well designed offense, which Reid always has. I consider Green a best case scenario, and I've said that very thing several times. I've not said that Alex Smith = Trent Green. YOU decided that was what I was saying.

But whatever, you go ahead with your blind rage and your 150,000 posts on a fan forum with your internet tough guy act.

We used to actually be able to discuss football on this forum, and sometimes even have disagreements without "**** you's" all the time.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-28-2013 11:07 PM

Can we stop making threads about Axl until he starts sucking? His very name and likeness makes me sick unto vomiting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9643016)
I consider Green a best case scenario, and I've said that very thing several times.

We know. It's a stupid opinion, without fact to back it up, therefore you should eat shit for it.

Sorry. Use your brain next time. I'm available for counseling sessions.

Kaepernick 04-28-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9642941)
Pay no attention to Simplicity. He fists himself to old Neil Sedaka records nightly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Simplicity or Simple-bitch?

Chris Meck 04-28-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9643057)
We know. It's a stupid opinion, without fact to back it up, therefore you should eat shit for it.

Sorry. Use your brain next time. I'm available for counseling sessions.

nah, I'll just put you on ignore.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-28-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9643059)
Simplicity or Simple-bitch?

"Simple Jack" I'm thinking...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9643067)
nah, I'll just put you on ignore.

Tap out acknowledged. Concession accepted.

ayleswbj 04-29-2013 02:33 AM

We won 2! 2 freaking games last season! Alex is a huge upgrade but what the hell are you expecting? To jump from 2 wins to 10 or 11? How often does this happen. Once n a blue moon! If we improve from 2 wins to 9-7 or 8-8 you have to consider that major major progress. A franchise who is finally on the Up an Up. IF we make the playoffs great, people must be out of their minds to be expecting Alex or any other QB for that matter to take this team to 11-or 12 wins. They are revamping the entire organization. A whole new everything. Andy Reid is placing his own players in the system. I mean we were the most Putride team on earth last season. God bless us if we win 8 or 9 games and start to actually look like a football team and not the bad news bears.

From Missouri but live on West Coast, I ve seen every game Alex has ever played including most of his highschool games. I am one of his supporters, but a Chiefs fan first an formost. Im telling you the kid can play ball, you will be pleasantly suprised. Alot of talent gets lost when guys are on these lost franchises. It wasnt only Alex who looked terrible out their over the years in the Bay Area. Many of those talented guys were playing bad. The organzation as a whole had no direction and no talent for a long time. Alex is very accurate and has improved even more since working with Tom House on his mechanics. Had a bit of a hitch after 2 shoulder surgeries. Hes also 25 lbs bigger which is why hes pretty durable these days. The concussion, cant be helped in this day an age of the NFL. Gonna miss time period, but as far as injuries go back an watch the tape on the hit he took from Rocky Bernard to blow his shoulder up. Then Nolan threw him under the bus when he came back early and he then needed another one.

It truly is one of the reasons why he has so many fans and there is so much debate around him for 8 years. He is so dam tough and will do anything to help win. If anything you should feel great about at least having a team guy. I watch him play and then watch the chiefs and dream about having a smart QB who will make sure every player is in the right position. He will be a master of the offense and will not stand for another player not knowing his job. He will make some of the best audibles throughout the season, he reads defenses as well as any of the top 5 guys. I will not sit here and compare him to other players. Its just never gets anywhere. Watch the tape and you can see. As a matter of fact go back an watch tape of the last half of the 09 season when he really started improving. Also when they fired jimmy Raye and let mike johnson play to Alex's strengths. Man they had a bad coach in Singletary. If Alex improves us to 9 wins you have to be a fan! We won 2 F****N games!

Dave Lane 04-29-2013 03:42 AM

Interestingly in your monstrous I am a Chiefs fan post, do you post anything about the history of the Chiefs, just the 49ers. And your join date is March of 2013 when Smiff arrives.

patteeu 04-29-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9642988)
Seriously, some of you guys are so ****ing twisted in your rage that you make no sense.

These are not opinions worthy of derision.:spock:

I think your analysis of both the current Chiefs situation and Trent Green has been spot on, fwiw.

ayleswbj 04-29-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9643130)
Interestingly in your monstrous I am a Chiefs fan post, do you post anything about the history of the Chiefs, just the 49ers. And your join date is March of 2013 when Smiff arrives.

I just stated im a big supporter of Alex, Living here out west I have seen everygame hes played. I found this site when he was traded as I will always follow his career. What do you need to know about the history of the chiefs? We are talking about Alex Smith.

All this comparison to Trent Green, no one has mentioned he took a very similar path as Smith. Green was a terrible terrible QB who couldnt even get on the field for 6 years. As a matter of fact he had to go to Canada to play. It wasnt until he got a great offensive coach Vermeil and Martz who believed he could play. They brought him to KC after they developed him in the offense in St.Louis. He was cut by the Chargers and even cut by the BC Lions. Smith is started to finally flourish because of stability with Harbaugh and the organization as a whole was getting better. Trent Green did the exact same thing. What more history do you need other than we havent been winning and Smith has, so im am good with him at QB. WINS matter, You can have your 300yrd games and 2-14 seasons. I will take WINS. Stats are for losers

ptlyon 04-29-2013 09:05 AM

:fart:

Daru 04-29-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9643156)
WINS matter, You can have your 300yrd games and 2-14 seasons. I will take WINS. Stats are for losers

Not sense. Alex Garbage 3-27 when other teams score 24 points at least. 3 Wins is what you will take for 30 games? Not good. Unacceptable garbage.

ayleswbj 04-29-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9643068)
"Simple Jack" I'm thinking...
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daru (Post 9643447)
Not sense. Alex Garbage 3-27 when other teams score 24 points at least. 3 Wins is what you will take for 30 games? Not good. Unacceptable garbage.

20 wins 6 losses. The last 2 seasons. Includes PLAYOFFS! Remember those?. Perfectly acceptable. You are out of your mind. That is the stupidest stat ever. That is what happens when you play on poor teams we should know. The Niners were terrible terrible terrible for 10 seasons, before Harbaugh came along.

GoChargers 04-29-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9642461)
Norv Turner, is our Oc.

You're ****ed.

GoChargers 04-29-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9643156)
You can have your 300yrd games and 2-14 seasons. I will take WINS.

You can have your pussy-ass checkdowns and no shot at a Super Bowl ring. I'll take quarterbacks who will actually take risks and aren't deathly afraid of making deep and tough throws - those are the guys who win Super Bowls.

Quote:

Stats are for losers
Your beloved "wins" are a stat.

King_Chief_Fan 04-29-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9643016)
That's not even what I said. That's not the point I was making, and not why I brought Green up. The comparison was what I would consider two fairly limited but intelligent QB's and what they can do in a well designed offense, which Reid always has. I consider Green a best case scenario, and I've said that very thing several times. I've not said that Alex Smith = Trent Green. YOU decided that was what I was saying.

But whatever, you go ahead with your blind rage and your 150,000 posts on a fan forum with your internet tough guy act.

We used to actually be able to discuss football on this forum, and sometimes even have disagreements without "**** you's" all the time.

you wasted a lot of type on this moron...
the good thing is that he is wrong far more than he is right
you will have the last laugh

ayleswbj 04-29-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9643678)
You can have your pussy-ass checkdowns and no shot at a Super Bowl ring. I'll take quarterbacks who will actually take risks and aren't deathly afraid of making deep and tough throws - those are the guys who win Super Bowls.

Your beloved "wins" are a stat.

You must of not gotten out of Jr High, Wins are a stat. Wins are the only thing that matters. You an risk taker, Alex can an has made every throw on the field. You seem to forget he was the one who threw the 73 yard bomb in the torrential downpour of the NFC title game. Also another 40 yrd in game as well. you want risk factor there you go. One of the toughest environments ive ever seen a game in and he kept battling and had that game won. It was over, he scored the Niners took the lead, defense stoped them. Then Kyle Williams happened. Alex Smith is very capable of taking a good team to the Superbowl and proved it. Is our franchise even close to that, i dont think yet. It seems you are dying to just be able to tell someone a KC QB threw for big yards. Like i said before Re***D take your stats and kick rocks. Your blinker has been on so long, youve lost touch with reality. WINS WINS WINS.

GoChargers 04-29-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9643720)
You must of not gotten out of Jr High, Wins are a stat. Wins are the only thing that matters.

Alex Smith is a scintillating two games over .500 for his career, and that's only because of 2011, when he had a smart coach and stacked team to carry him.

Guess you can stop washing his balls now. After all, wins are the only thing that matters, screw context!

Quote:

You an risk taker, Alex can an has made every throw on the field. You seem to forget he was the one who threw the 73 yard bomb in the torrential downpour of the NFC title game. Also another 40 yrd in game as well.
Wow, a whopping two passes. Small sample size much? Meanwhile, his 11.4 YPC makes Cassel look like Favre.

Quote:

Alex Smith is very capable of taking a good team to the Superbowl
No. He needed a ridiculously stacked GREAT team to even sniff the Super Bowl and still couldn't get them there. Meanwhile, his backup stepped in and got them there in his first year.

Quote:

It seems you are dying to just be able to tell someone a KC QB threw for big yards.
Seeing as how I'm not a Chiefs fan, I'm not sure why I'd care about how many yards a KC quarterback threw for. I'm just telling you that game managers don't win Super Bowls in today's NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-29-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9643471)
20 wins 6 losses. The last 2 seasons. Includes PLAYOFFS! Remember those?. Perfectly acceptable. You are out of your mind. That is the stupidest stat ever. That is what happens when you play on poor teams we should know. The Niners were terrible terrible terrible for 10 seasons, before Harbaugh came along.

stfu, turd-whacker. And no one loves you or Trent ****ing Green. Or Dickie-doo Vermeil for that matter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs 04-29-2013 12:07 PM

Want to see something interesting? Check these stats out.

Kyle Orton Career Stats...

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...O/OrtoKy00.htm

Alex Smith Career Stats...

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SmitAl03.htm

Now I am not saying they are the same player at all. But it is striking how similar their numbers are.

ayleswbj 04-29-2013 12:08 PM

Oh Sweet Dick willie, you finally came up for air. You have been sucking on Genos willy so long thought we lost ya. Hey you should know, he got drafted by the Jets. Geno may not have mentioned that to ya whiles you away.

ayleswbj 04-29-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9643814)
Want to see something interesting? Check these stats out.

Kyle Orton Career Stats...

Alex Smith Career Stats...

Now I am not saying they are the same player at all. But it is striking how similar their numbers are.

Yea comparing player stats works out well. Go take a look at Troy Aikmans stats. Never once had a 4000 yard season, only threw 20 tds in a season 1 time. Qb rating 81 for career, about the same as Cassel an Smith. YPA under 7. A career game manager who won 3 superbowls. Total yardage, 32000, hell John Kitna almost had as much. You can argue all you want about todays NFL, but alot of those records still stand from the Mid-to late 90s when passing was all the rage. Keep comparing and we can all keep contradicting every player you post.

Coogs 04-29-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9643843)
Yea comparing player stats works out well. Go take a look at Troy Aikmans stats. Never once had a 4000 yard season, only threw 20 tds in a season 1 time. Qb rating 81 for career, about the same as Cassel an Smith. YPA under 7. A career game manager who won 3 superbowls. Total yardage, 32000, hell John Kitna almost had as much. You can argue all you want about todays NFL, but alot of those records still stand from the Mid-to late 90s when passing was all the rage. Keep comparing and we can all keep contradicting every player you post.

Not my point dude. Not my point.

Mav 04-29-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9643667)
You're ****ed.

Thats where reading comprehension really comes into play.

OC. OC, OC. Hes an AWFUL head coach. There is no one questioning his ability as an OC though.

GoChargers 04-29-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9643960)
There is no one questioning his ability as an OC though.

I sat through his offense for the past few years. If you enjoy seven-step drops and slow-developing, plodding plays straight out of 1992, you'll love Norv's offense.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9643137)
I think your analysis of both the current Chiefs situation and Trent Green has been spot on, fwiw.

Wrong. Trent Green threw the ball down the field. Alex Smith does not. He does it less than Matt Cassel, in fact.

End of discussion.

crazycoffey 04-29-2013 05:17 PM

Purgatory

patteeu 04-29-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9644396)
Wrong. Trent Green threw the ball down the field. Alex Smith does not. He does it less than Matt Cassel, in fact.

End of discussion.

Your strawmen are boring. Is it intentional or didn't you understand his arguments?

Trent Green's deep ball wasn't very accurate. He was smart about when he threw it though.

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9644420)
Your strawmen are boring. Is it intentional or didn't you understand his arguments?

Trent Green's deep ball wasn't very accurate. He was smart about when he threw it though.

You have poor memory

AdumbGuy 04-29-2013 05:33 PM

Is CP getting trolled by San Fran guys like we tried to troll Vikings' boards when they picked up Casshole?

There's no way there are actually this many Alex Smith fans out there, right? hah, good one guys!

patteeu 04-29-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9644421)
You have poor memory

I remember that you were the most vocal proponent of flying a banner demanding that the Chiefs spend their first round pick on Geno Smith. I'm sure glad you aren't the guy marketing Chiefs fans to the country.

Oh, and you're wrong about Green too.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9644420)

Again, we aren't talking about bombs.

We're talking about downfield passing in the 15-30 yard range.

Green was a very good downfield passer.

Alex Smith ain't.

patteeu 04-29-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9644496)
Again, we aren't talking about bombs.

We're talking about downfield passing in the 15-30 yard range.

Green was a very good downfield passer.

Alex Smith ain't.

You can be talking about what you want to talk about, but I'm talking about bombs and I suspect Chris Meck is too. 15 yards downfield isn't what I'd call a deep pass. I agree that Green was pretty good at that type of intermediate pass, especially when TonyG was the target. He came up short a lot on bombs (forcing his receiver to slow down) though.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9644553)
You can be talking about what you want to talk about, but I'm talking about bombs and I suspect Chris Meck is too. 15 yards downfield isn't what I'd call a deep pass. I agree that Green was pretty good at that type of intermediate pass, especially when TonyG was the target. He came up short a lot on bombs (forcing his receiver to slow down) though.

Cool, well that's relevant!

I wonder if Trent Green's testicles are similar in size to Alex Smith's? I want to talk about this relevant information now.

patteeu 04-29-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9644588)
Cool, well that's relevant!

I wonder if Trent Green's testicles are similar in size to Alex Smith's? I want to talk about this relevant information now.

Yeah, I guess you forgot we were talking about Chris Meck's analysis and not yours.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9644617)
Yeah, I guess you forgot we were talking about Chris Meck's analysis and not yours.

Well his anal-ysis said Alex Smith's ceiling was Trent Green.

That's just dumb.

94niners 08-10-2013 01:16 AM

So, how do you like him so far? Just preseason, but how is 7-8, 60+ yards and the only incompletion was a throw-away?

He looked pretty darn efficient to me. Andy Reid's offense is perfect for him.

Hammock Parties 08-10-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94niners (Post 9874014)
So, how do you like him so far?

He does a nice job throwing short passes. Not sure why we needed to give up two 2nd round picks for that.

But nothing we can do about that!

Time to ride the checkdown pony.

ratchet 08-10-2013 02:26 AM

why's everyone so worked up about how its only short passes. It's PRESEASON! he's not going to do that all season. And even if he throws short passes predominantly, he is really good at it and wins games with it. it's still a difficult skill to be accurate in the short and intermediate area.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-10-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratchet (Post 9874041)
why's everyone so worked up about how its only short passes. It's PRESEASON! he's not going to do that all season. And even if he throws short passes predominantly, he is really good at it and wins games with it. it's still a difficult skill to be accurate in the short and intermediate area.

vanilla preseason FTW!

Messier 08-10-2013 10:03 AM

There's a big difference between a designed short passing game, and a QB checking down because they don't want to throw to the first option.

Hammock Parties 08-10-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9874360)
There's a big difference between a designed short passing game, and a QB checking down because they don't want to throw to the first option.

Alex was going through reads and checking the ball down because he didn't want to throw it down the field.

Messier 08-10-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9874365)
Alex was going through reads and checking the ball down because he didn't want to throw it down the field.

The team seemed ready with blocks set up for the passes. 4 yard passes that turn into 15 yard gains. Smith knew where to go with the ball. It's a big difference between that and, oh crap! Nothings open! Crap I waited too long! I'll just throw it here, dump off, 2 yard gain tackled immediately. Sure you can stop those short passes, but the Saints weren't, and their press seemed to feel the Chiefs were picking them apart.

We'll see, but my guess is the Chiefs have a plan for if a team tries to take that away from them. This looks like a team with a real offensive game plan and philosophy. Haven't seen that for a while.

Hammock Parties 08-10-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9874388)
The team seemed ready with blocks set up for the passes.

LMAO

No.

****, two of those plays depended on Sherman and Charles shedding tackles.

Setsuna 08-10-2013 10:23 AM

The preseason 1 game argument goes both ways. Please stop using it.

LiveSteam 08-10-2013 10:24 AM

Only one direction for the Q/B position & head coaching to go.

Messier 08-10-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9874391)
LMAO

No.

****, two of those plays depended on Sherman and Charles shedding tackles.

:facepalm: