ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:On first play at camp, Chiefs show their new look (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274833)

O.city 07-27-2013 01:50 PM

I don't get why people get so pissed here when others say negative this or that about the Chiefs.

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838353)
Oh, so now we are going back to that. Cool. Clearly, I have won. Find facts. Find any account, you think was me, and prove it. You cant, you are full of shit.

He has me there, for sure. Not at all worried about admitting it. I stress my opinion about what Chiefs fans should feel and think. All the while knowing that it's just an opinion.

When a fan comes over to a team's forum that trades for their player... and says, "hey guys, you all should be happy to have him! He can do some good things for you."

The mature response should be something like, "well, I have my doubts, but thanks for giving your opinion!"

See? that's what happens in the grown up world of self respect and civility.

Only here? it's more like, "Oh **** off and die in a fiery aids tree, asshole! That player sucks and will always suck and now my team will suck! So take your ass out of here mutha****a!"

... and there you have it. Worlds apart. :)

Mav 07-27-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9838358)
The Niners went after Hasselbeck, Peyton, and even Tim ****ing Tebow before settling for Alice Smiff. Even then, they had drafted Kaepernick and had no qualms with replacing Smiff with him.

Jim had already scouted Kaep, after being told by Andrew Luck that he needed to check him out. They were together at the Manning passing camp after Lucks Junior season. Roman, and harbs went to see him, now, ill tell you this again, JIM HARBAUGH, HAD NOT EVEN TALKED TO ALEX SMITH AT THIS POINT.

The niners were never after Tim Tebow. gtfoh.....Its peyton manning, and they tried to sign Hasselbeck, BEFORE THEY TALKED WITH ALEX SMITH.

Your lies wont fly here.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838353)
Oh, so now we are going back to that. Cool. Clearly, I have won. Find facts. Find any account, you think was me, and prove it. You cant, you are full of shit.

No I'm not. Can't search from my phone but I guarantee you have told us we should be happy about this trade. how many names have you had here snoop?
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 07-27-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9838362)
Save your indignant overreaction, it was a TiC reply to this post:

Indignant? Hardly.

And had you quoted him I would have caught it, but fact is it sounds like a typical Keg post anyway.

In context it makes sense though.

GoChargers 07-27-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838351)
Only a dumbass thinks that way.

Here is why. One, the 49ers were being cheap to the point of no return. That is the major reason why Alex was picked over Aaron. Second, Aaron Rodgers was said to be more strong headed than Alex Smith, and Nolan wanted a yes man. That's why Alex Smith was drafted.

Lastly, no one wants to hear from a Chargers fan, on gaffes about qbs. You pissed away drew brees, and you had Eli Manning, and his daddy, embarrass you in front of the entire country saying they didn't want to play for your shitty franchise. You have no room to talk.

And I think its hilarious, that a Chargers turd, is welcomed here, but 49ers fans aren't wanted.

Meltdowns and revisionist history won't change the fact that picking Alice over Rodgers is an all-time ****-up. Picking Alice because he was a "yes man" and "cheap" makes it even MORE of a ****-up.

The Chargers did not piss away Drew Brees. He was nowhere near as good in San Diego as he is in NOLA and Rivers was waiting in the wings to replace him. His shoulder injury (caused as a result of Marty's stubbornness) was so severe that it was questionable whether he'd ever play again. There was a reason that only two other teams besides the Chargers were even interested when Brees hit the open market in '06.

Marcellus 07-27-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9838366)
I don't get why people get so pissed here when others say negative this or that about the Chiefs.

Or vice versa?

You think you can be optimistic here and not get hammered? Seriously?

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9838366)

Exactly. I don't agree with the homer mentality, but I sure as hell don't get pissed about it.

If anything, it's ****ing comical watching people come up with every excuse possible as to why THIS time, it's going to be different for the team/coach/Alex Smith and why the rest of us are bad fans for not having blind faith.

Mav 07-27-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838360)
Cheap? What does strong headed have to go with cheap? Would they have had to pay Rodgers more for being picked at the same spot because he is strong headed? I don't understand.

The chargers fans that are here are welcome because they don't act like you pricks do...
Posted via Mobile Device

Alex was willing to sign for cheaper than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was seen as more of a yes man than Aaron Rodgers.

Anyone thinking that if the 49ers would of drafted Aaron Rodgers, over Alex Smith, and that everything would be the same. Is simple, and silly. Had this talk before too. Aaron Rodgers, is very thinned skinned. He was very fortunate to be able to sit behind Brett Favre, and fortunate to land in a Ferrari of an offense in Green bay. He wouldn't of lasted as long in SF as Alex did. He takes everything personally. Alex Smith doesn't have a mean bone in his body, and honestly, that hurts him a lot.

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838376)
Or vice versa?

You think you can be optimistic here and not get hammered? Seriously?

HUGE difference in getting "hammered" because your opinion is full of holes, and getting pissed at people, turning into a whining ****.

Mav 07-27-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838377)
Exactly. I don't agree with the homer mentality, but I sure as hell don't get pissed about it.

If anything, it's ****ing comical watching people come up with every excuse possible as to why THIS time, it's going to be different for the team/coach/Alex Smith.

And that's fine. You berate anyone who doesn't take your shitty attitude.

You rip anyone who posts positively, with your little laughing emoticons. Now you want to pretend like you don't antagonize this shit.

Lol. You are a chump.

RunKC 07-27-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9838226)
Smith will get 2 years for sure. If he has a decent year this year, I'd imagine well see a contract extension.

That's great if he gets us to the playoffs, that's why you make the move and that's what these moves say " we're winning now". That's great, but with that, I'm also expecting to win now.

It can't go both ways.

"Don't be negative, they're trying to win now" " you're setting them up to fail thinking they'll win 10 and make the playoffs"

It's either or.

This season will rely on a lot more than just Alex Smith. Our DL is a dumpster fire, our interior OL is completely unknown, our CB's are unknown, our #2 WR is unknown. Everything is unknown.

I think it depends on how well Alex Smith does personally that will determine this deal.
I think we have some good talent, but not quite enough to make the playoffs for sure.

Do you think we have as much overall talent as a team than the Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Texans or Colts? Because 3 of those teams will be our challenge to make the playoffs as a wildcard.

Mav 07-27-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9838375)
Meltdowns and revisionist history won't change the fact that picking Alice over Rodgers is an all-time ****-up. Picking Alice because he was a "yes man" and "cheap" makes it even MORE of a ****-up.

The Chargers did not piss away Drew Brees. He was nowhere near as good in San Diego as he is in NOLA and Rivers was waiting in the wings to replace him. His shoulder injury (caused as a result of Marty's stubbornness) was so severe that it was questionable whether he'd ever play again. There was a reason that only two other teams besides the Chargers were even interested when Brees hit the open market in '06.

So what you are saying is that if brees had stayed, he might not be Drew Brees we know today?

Thank you for proving my point dumbass.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838361)
See, again, you trying to tell me about the niners, but you shit all over anyone who is not a chiefs fan who tries to tell you about the Chiefs.

First. They had already decided to DRAFT Colin Kaepernick, before Alex Smith was even under contract. Remember the LOCKOUT? Jim Harbaugh, had ONE conversation with Alex when the Lockout was lifted for one day, POST DRAFT, and decided that Alex was going to be his qb, and gave him his playbook. They did NOT go after Manning. Manning, called Jim Harbaugh, and asked him to come out and have a look, they went, came back, and signed Alex Smith. This was all discussed diagnosed. Who WOULDNT be interested in Peyton Manning, if your qb wasn't under contract? That's stupid business. Oh, by the way, Tebow won a playoff game that year, and he was traded away for Peyton. Its Peyton ****ing manning.

This whole post is idiotic. Manning requested them to come see him? They did and declined to sign him? Tebow was traded away for Manning? I must gave missed him on the colts...

And asked Smith want under contract because the niners CHOSE to let him become a free agent.

Again name another in their prime qb who had just won a playoff game that season to become a free agent.

Its VERY rare. Like off the too of my had I can't remember it happening in at last the last ten years.

Why?

Because teams LOCK up those guys long term.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838378)
Alex was willing to sign for cheaper than Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith was seen as more of a yes man than Aaron Rodgers.

Anyone thinking that if the 49ers would of drafted Aaron Rodgers, over Alex Smith, and that everything would be the same. Is simple, and silly. Had this talk before too. Aaron Rodgers, is very thinned skinned. He was very fortunate to be able to sit behind Brett Favre, and fortunate to land in a Ferrari of an offense in Green bay. He wouldn't of lasted as long in SF as Alex did. He takes everything personally. Alex Smith doesn't have a mean bone in his body, and honestly, that hurts him a lot.

Truth! Aaron got the silver-spoon treatment... Alex got reamed by ineptitude all over. Rodgers would probably have strangled Nolan.. or caused such a destructive stir that he's have been traded. A real lesson in what to do.. and what not to do when developing QBs.. :thumb:

Mav 07-27-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9838382)
This season will rely on a lot more than just Alex Smith. Our DL is a dumpster fire, our interior OL is completely unknown, our CB's are unknown, our #2 WR is unknown. Everything is unknown.

I think it depends on how well Alex Smith does personally that will determine this deal.
I think we have some good talent, but not quite enough to make the playoffs for sure.

Do you think we have as much overall talent as a team than the Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Texans or Colts? Because 3 of those teams will be our challenge to make the playoffs as a wildcard.

How does a team that went 8-8 and lost more than they replaced in the steelers factor into this equation? Not to mention, that three of those teams, are in the same division and will beat the hell out of each other.

GoChargers 07-27-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Those are both horrible criteria for picking.... well, anyone, but especially your franchise quarterback.

Quote:

Anyone thinking that if the 49ers would of drafted Aaron Rodgers, over Alex Smith, and that everything would be the same.
You're right, everything wouldn't have been the same. The Niners wouldn't have had a parade of shit quarterbacks from 2005 to 2011, for one.

Quote:

He wouldn't of lasted as long in SF as Alex did.
It's funny how you whine about hypotheticals when they don't favor Alice, but then throw a hypothetical like that out there.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Got a link to the fact that Smith was drafted due to wanting less money than Rodgers?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 07-27-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838368)
He has me there, for sure. Not at all worried about admitting it. I stress my opinion about what Chiefs fans should feel and think. All the while knowing that it's just an opinion.

When a fan comes over to a team's forum that trades for their player... and says, "hey guys, you all should be happy to have him! He can do some good things for you."

The mature response should be something like, "well, I have my doubts, but thanks for giving your opinion!"

See? that's what happens in the grown up world of self respect and civility.

Only here? it's more like, "Oh **** off and die in a fiery aids tree, asshole! That player sucks and will always suck and now my team will suck! So take your ass out of here mutha****a!"

... and there you have it. Worlds apart. :)

Then I stand corrected. Yes, I realize how it should work, but when you get pansies behind a computer screen, they will say whatever without worry of having their teeth knocked out. Its sissfying America.

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838381)
And that's fine. You berate anyone who doesn't take your shitty attitude.

You rip anyone who posts positively, with your little laughing emoticons. Now you want to pretend like you don't antagonize this shit.

Lol. You are a chump.

Wow, hypocrite much?

http://fuuka.warosu.org/data/lit/img...8063778757.jpg

keg in kc 07-27-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838372)
Indignant? Hardly.

And had you quoted him I would have caught it, but fact is it sounds like a typical Keg post anyway.

In context it makes sense though.

Keep tuning that douche level back. You're not quite there yet.

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838393)
Got a link to the fact that Smith was drafted due to wanting less money than Rodgers?
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't remember anything about money. But he's right that Alex tipped the scale in his favor by being more malleable than Aaron. Nolan wanted someone to do what he wanted... he didn't want a QB to stray from his "grand" plan at all. That's what he got. Young Alex was always "the good soldier following orders." Young Aaron was a cocky, maverick personality.

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838379)
HUGE difference in getting "hammered" because your opinion is full of holes, and getting pissed at people, turning into a whining ****.

What opinion do I have that's full of holes? That Alex Smith can improve under Reid?

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838394)
Then I stand corrected. Yes, I realize how it should work, but when you get pansies behind a computer screen, they will say whatever without worry of having their teeth knocked out. Its sissfying America.

I'm the exact same guy in real life. I'll tell you to go **** yourself to your face.

Still have all my teeth. No one has been able to knock any out this far in my life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 07-27-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9838390)
Those are both horrible criteria for picking.... well, anyone, but especially your franchise quarterback.

You're right, everything wouldn't have been the same. The Niners wouldn't have had a parade of shit quarterbacks from 2005 to 2011, for one.

It's funny how you whine about hypotheticals when they don't favor Alice, but then throw a hypothetical like that out there.

First, Im not whining about anything.

I agree on the Criteria of drafting. I didn't agree on anything under John York, who was making the decisions at the time.

See, you are predicting that everything would of been the same. aaron Rodgers would still be great. That's just stupid bullshit.

I don't care how things could of been with Alex. Its just truth. The 49ers franchise was in such shit shape that the outcome for just about any qb, was going to be the same. That's just truth. Hell, Green bay fans, after aaron Rodgers ended up on the IR his first two seasons, was considered a bust, and soft, and a lot of Packers fans wanted him gone..........

How do you think Mike Nolan would of handled that? he trashed alex smith for having a legitimate injury gotten in a game, yet, Aaron Rodgers, ends up on the IR twice while holding a clip board. You have no facts to go with.

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9838396)

Nothing douchey about my post Keg, just cold hard fact. Did I call you names or something and I missed it?

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9838396)

LMAO

Meanwhile, I see the other Niner troll just rolled in on his passive-aggressive high horse to tell us what the "mature response" would have been to him and his ilk.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838400)
I don't remember anything about money. But he's right that Alex tipped the scale in his favor by being more malleable than Aaron. Nolan wanted someone to do what he wanted... he didn't want a QB to stray from his "grand" plan at all. That's what he got. Young Alex was always "the good soldier following orders." Young Aaron was a cocky, maverick personality.

then why respond to my post? I didn't ask about attitude. I asked about the link to money issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 07-27-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838395)

Not at all. YOu have shown no interest nor inclination to have a civilized conversation with me. So, I treat you, how you treat me.

You have been a prick to me since the moment I got here, why would I talk politely and respectfully to you? I came here politely, talking nicely, and got trashed for it. Some have come around, some haven't. JasonsAuto was one of those that was very hostile towards me. We don't get along persey, but we can talk civilly

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838406)
LMAO

Meanwhile, I see the other Niner troll just rolled in on his passive-aggressive high horse to tell us what the "mature response" would have been to him and his ilk.

**** him.

They got the correct response. The one they deserved.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 07-27-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838403)
I'm the exact same guy in real life. I'll tell you to go **** yourself to your face.

Still have all my teeth. No one has been able to knock any out this far in my life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im coming to the Browns Chiefs game. Prove it.

Even me, a walking powder keg, can admit that I wouldn't talk down to people like this in real life. I would laugh, hand you a beer, talk about shit talking, and how fun it was. That's just what it is. bullshit, shit talking.

RunKC 07-27-2013 02:04 PM

I just want to know why a Browns/49ers fan is on a Chiefs board? Like what made you come post here?

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838394)

Definitely. Probably get kicked around all day by their bosses... so here, they can vent that frustration by puffing up behind the anonymous safety of their laptops... imagining all the while that they are inflicting great damage with each keyboard stroke.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2305/l7yf.gif

DeezNutz 07-27-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838401)
What opinion do I have that's full of holes? That Alex Smith can improve under Reid?

To what level? Do you believe that Alex Smith provides the Chiefs with a legit chance to win a SB without constructing a defense like the Dilfer-led Ravens or Johnson-led Bucs?

It's fine to say "yes" to the above, but I honestly don't believe that anyone could answer in this manner without resting much of his argument on hope and hope alone.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838408)
Not at all. YOu have shown no interest nor inclination to have a civilized conversation with me. So, I treat you, how you treat me.

You have been a prick to me since the moment I got here, why would I talk politely and respectfully to you? I came here politely, talking nicely, and got trashed for it. Some have come around, some haven't. JasonsAuto was one of those that was very hostile towards me. We don't get along persey, but we can talk civilly

I think I've told you to **** off several times today.and who is persey?
Posted via Mobile Device

GoChargers 07-27-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838408)
I came here politely, talking nicely

LMAO

Mav 07-27-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9838412)
I just want to know why a Browns/49ers fan is on a Chiefs board? Like what made you come post here?

I already stated that. When the Alex Smith trade was leaked, there was a thread titled, come here to laugh at the chiefs thread, with this link.

I came here, because I had stated over there, that where alex was going, I was going. Im not a Kaep guy. I cant stand him. arrogant ****, out there wearing another nfl teams hat, and then has the audacity to get pissed at fans of his, who were shocked.

**** him.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838411)
Im coming to the Browns Chiefs game. Prove it.

Even me, a walking powder keg, can admit that I wouldn't talk down to people like this in real life. I would laugh, hand you a beer, talk about shit talking, and how fun it was. That's just what it is. bullshit, shit talking.

walking powder keg? LMAO. I tell it like it is. here and in real life. Why be fake?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 07-27-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838416)
I think I've told you to **** off several times today.and who is persey?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah lol, I don't even pay attention to it half the time hahahahaha.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838414)
Definitely. Probably get kicked around all day by their bosses... so here, they can vent that frustration by puffing up behind the anonymous safety of their laptops... imagining all the while that they are inflicting great damage with each keyboard stroke.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2305/l7yf.gif

My boss kicked me a couple times already today so you can REALLY go **** yourself now
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 07-27-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838406)

Sometimes it takes folks a while to figure out that tone can carry more weight than content. Act like a dick, or whine like a bitch, and people are more likely to crap on your opinions, whatever they are.

Mav 07-27-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838420)
walking powder keg? LMAO. I tell it like it is. here and in real life. Why be fake?
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol, I do too. It is fun to see peoples reactions. I cant stand people who are all PC, and want to say things not to piss people off.

And yeah, I have terrible temper and anger issues from being deployed. I cant stand stupid people.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9838415)
To what level? Do you believe that Alex Smith provides the Chiefs with a legit chance to win a SB without constructing a defense like the Dilfer-led Ravens or Johnson-led Bucs?

It's fine to say "yes" to the above, but I honestly don't believe that anyone could answer in this manner without resting much of his argument on hope and hope alone.

some of these guys act like hope is facts.
Posted via Mobile Device

splatbass 07-27-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9838113)
Boo-****ing-hoo about the "negativity" around this place. If you don't like it, ****ing leave.

There are WAY more homers on this forum than there are negative folks. And the negative folks have every ****ing reason to be negative. This organization has gone to shit recently. An offseason doesn't change that. Sorry that these folks don't shit rainbows and ice cream over everything Chief.

They have the right to pick apart Alex Smith's game and show he's a uber-cautious game manager who will rack up stats via the YAC dink-and-dunk method.

Homers have the right to think he's going to become something he's never been at age 30, just because he now wears a helmet with an arrowhead on it.

As much as you all hate to admit it, the "negative" folks have been pretty close to spot-on in their takes since 2009. Meanwhile, the same people say 10-6 every year, say we're going to have a Top 5 defense, and whiff every year.

So be it. It's a message board. That's what we're all here for.

Man up, you pussy, and stop crying like a little girl.

keg in kc 07-27-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838426)
Posted via Mobile Device

And they act like we "negative" guys are posting what we hope will happen, rather than what we hope won't, but expect will.

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

You kids are just pissy with us because we have more faith in your team than you do. Pussy.

( okay, now I am just being overtly obnoxious because you deserve it, lol )

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Hope?

I think Smith could take a team with a top half defense and top half offense to the SB.

Last year the Ravens ranked 16 and 17th in yards on Offense and defense but 10 and 12 on scoring offense and defense.

None of that is out of the realm of possibility for this team.

Before you jump all over me saying Smith is as good as Flacco I am not saying that, I am saying Flacco had a horseshoe up his ass in the playoffs though.

Smith just needs to do whats needed and score points in the offense.

GoChargers 07-27-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838431)
I am saying Flacco had a horseshoe up his ass in the playoffs though.

No he didn't - he just finally had a supporting cast that didn't choke. He had been good enough to win it all since at least 2010.

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838431)
I am saying Flacco had a horseshoe up his ass in the playoffs though.

THIS for sure. We were all shocked. He played well beyond his normal.. props to him for that.. but the contract he got will be laughed at soon enough. (as if it isn't laughed at already by many)

DeezNutz 07-27-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9838428)
And they act like we "negative" guys are posting what we hope will happen, rather than what we hope won't, but expect will.

And why do we expect for Smith to be a game manager? Because the statistics, the facts, allow for no other conclusion.

keg in kc 07-27-2013 02:13 PM

He's got a championship ring. There won't be much laughing by anyone in Baltimore.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838430)
You kids are just pissy with us because we have more faith in your team than you do. Pussy.

( okay, now I am just being overtly obnoxious because you deserve it, lol )

that's like saying the new girl you are dating would never cheat and I'm dumb for knowing she will.

I've only dated her for thirty years...
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838401)

Was speaking generally, not directly about you.

There's no doubt he can improve statistically. Hell, he should improve statistically. He'll be throwing the ball more, mainly dumpoffs and short routes, which will rack up YAC and make him look better than he is - Cassel 2010-esque.

Defenses didn't have to respect anything past 15 yards with Cassel, and I highly doubt they will need to with Smith.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9838428)

Perfect post.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9838434)
And why do we expect for Smith to be a game manager? Because the statistics, the facts, allow for no other conclusion.

His collective stats over his early years allowed for no other conclusion than to say he'd be a career backup or out of the league already. Same for others like Steve Young.

Oooooppps. So much for those concrete conclusions, eh?

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=OnTheWarpath58;9838438

Defenses didn't have to respect anything past 15 yards with Cassel, and I highly doubt they will need to with Smith.[/QUOTE]
There isn't anything, other than hope, to make you feel any different
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

You do not want to compare who is talking opinion vs fact dude it goes both ways.

Nobody knows whats going to happen this season.

You are telling me you know what offense we are going to run and how its going to play out? Reid had a spread offense coordinator and an expert on the pistol offense on his staff in Philly?

You knew when Rich Gannon came to KC as a journeyman QB he was going to be a league MVP and lead his team to a SB a few years later?

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838437)
that's like saying the new girl you are dating would never cheat and I'm dumb for knowing she will.

I've only dated her for thirty years...
Posted via Mobile Device

so now you gave up on girls and only **** dudes? Hmmmm.... gross. :hmmm:

DeezNutz 07-27-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838440)
His collective stats over his early years allowed for no other conclusion than to say he'd be a career backup or out of the league already. Same for others like Steve Young.

Are you serious?

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

This.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838440)

to this point he's kind of been a career backup.

What percentage of game in his career has he actually started?
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 07-27-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9838389)
How does a team that went 8-8 and lost more than they replaced in the steelers factor into this equation? Not to mention, that three of those teams, are in the same division and will beat the hell out of each other.

The Steelers still had the best defense in the league statistically last year and their QB had one of his best seasons in his career.
They got the best pass rusher in the draft and a very talented RB to fix their rushing attack.

Yeah they lost Mike Wallace, but they had other solid weapons. They're gonna be in the WC race.

keg in kc 07-27-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9838434)

And I don't know about you, but I will be tickled pink if it turns out that he can be more than that. I certainly don't want him to fail. At all. I hope we win championships out the wazoo and a future self 5 years from now is thinking back and wondering why I didn't see it. I just don't believe it's all that likely.

So suffice to say I don't understand why people treat mediocre predictions like that's what I want. Why would I want that? I want a winning team that's actually fun to watch.

I just don't happen to think that the moves made to date are going to give me that...

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9838432)
No he didn't - he just finally had a supporting cast that didn't choke. He had been good enough to win it all since at least 2010.

Ok his WR didn't make multiple ridiculous catches the entire PO run and the SB along with Denver completely blowing coverage costing themselves the win.

I did not see any of that watching every single play of the playoffs.

GoChargers 07-27-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838433)
but the contract he got will be laughed at soon enough. (as if it isn't laughed at already by many)

His contract doesn't really get bad until 2016, and by then, it'll probably be restructured.

DeezNutz 07-27-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9838451)
And I don't know about you, but I will be tickled pink if it turns out that he can be more than that. I certainly don't want him to fail. At all. I hope we win championships out the wazoo and a future self 5 years from now is thinking back and wondering why I didn't see it. I just don't believe it's all that likely.

So suffice to say I don't understand why people treat mediocre predictions like that's what I want. Why would I want that? I want a winning team that's actually fun to watch.

I just don't happen to think that the moves made to date are going to give me that...

All of this.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838444)
You do not want to compare who is talking opinion vs fact dude it goes both ways.

Nobody knows whats going to happen this season.

You are telling me you know what offense we are going to run and how its going to play out? Reid had a spread offense coordinator and an expert on the pistol offense on his staff in Philly?

You knew when Rich Gannon came to KC as a journeyman QB he was going to be a league MVP and lead his team to a SB a few years later?

dumbass, no one is saying what us going to happen this year. we aren't miss Cleo.

We are saying what isthe likely outcome based on the past performance of Smith.

cue you saying its a different situation. That is an excuse and hope. What facts do you have to make us think he's going to do better
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9838454)
His contract doesn't really get bad until 2016, and by then, it'll probably be restructured.

They have zero $ this year.

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/of6po2.jpg

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838445)
so now you gave up on girls and only **** dudes? Hmmmm.... gross. :hmmm:

Where did you get that from my post? I'm not the one rooting for San Francisco
Posted via Mobile Device

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838448)
to this point he's kind of been a career backup.

What percentage of game in his career has he actually started?
Posted via Mobile Device

There goes the ignorant "career talk" again. A starter the last 2.5 seasons. Take the passer ratings of those seasons and he's top 10 in the league... and a QB assessor like Reid gives up a lot to get him.

You really want to act like he's a backup? :)

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

another perfect post
Posted via Mobile Device

GoChargers 07-27-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838458)
They have zero $ this year.

IIRC, Flacco's cap hit was only $6.8 million this year. They still had enough money to sign Dumervil and Huff, and had a great draft. They will be fine.

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838457)
dumbass, no one is saying what us going to happen this year. we aren't miss Cleo.

We are saying what isthe likely outcome based on the past performance of Smith.

cue you saying its a different situation. That is an excuse and hope. What facts do you have to make us think he's going to do better
Posted via Mobile Device

Andy Reid's past success with QB's and as an OC is not "excuse and hope".

He has his hand picked guy so he thinks he can win with him.

Reid has brought in guys to help out building an offense that will utilize Smith's athleticism. You do understand that right?

If you dont get that, dont call me a dumbass.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838461)
There goes the ignorant "career talk" again. A starter the last 2.5 seasons. Take the passer ratings of those seasons and he's top 10 in the league... and a QB assessor like Reid gives up a lot to get him.

You really want to act like he's a backup? :)

well except he wasn't the starter the past 2.5 seasons. Kapernick started the last half of last season and the playoffs...

Are you sure you watched niners games?
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838463)
another perfect post
Posted via Mobile Device

**** yea it perfect, it is already setting up this scenario -

A. Smith succeeds, I am happy as a lark, ****ing A!

B. Smith fails, "I told you so! You dumbasses!"

That's a damn tough situation to be in.

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838466)
Andy Reid's past success with QB's and as an OC is not "excuse and hope".

He has his hand picked guy so he thinks he can win with him.

Reid has brought in guys to help out building an offense that will utilize Smith's athleticism. You do understand that right?

If you dont get that, dont call me a dumbass.

sorry for the dumbass. Thought it was maverick I was responding to. He's a dumbass.

But it is hope. You hope Reid is right in his assessment and hope Smith will perform like a franchise qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 07-27-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9838469)
**** yea it perfect, it is already setting up this scenario -

A. Smith succeeds, I am happy as a lark, ****ing A!

B. Smith fails, "I told you so! You dumbasses!"

That's a damn tough situation to be in.

If Smith succeeds would you want him to be pissed?

the post illustrates how dumb it is for some to act as though we are rooting for this team to fail
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 07-27-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9838470)
sorry for the dumbass. Thought it was maverick I was responding to. He's a dumbass.

But it is hope. You hope Reid is right in his assessment and hope Smith will perform like a franchise qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

You hope the same thing.

The difference is I believe it because I think he is ascending as a player which he has shown the last 2 years and I think he is in the right situation to keep ascending.

Nothing that happened Smiths last 26 games or so shows he isn't capable. Yea he struggled against the Giants, so has Tom Brady and countless other QB's.

Clay has tried to dismiss leading the league in YPA which is the most ridiculous thing on the planet. Its like people want to ignore the positives and focus on negatives.

And BTW I have posts supporting Smith before he was ever a Chief so this isn't blind homerism because he is now a Chief.

O.city 07-27-2013 02:31 PM

If guys like OTWP and leg want to be negative or pessimistic, IMO, that's fine because I know if they are wrong they'll come here and admit it and actually enjoy the success.

Like they've said, they don't want these things to happen, it's what they think will happen.