ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Broncos fear Dan Koppen has torn his ACL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274881)

DJ's left nut 07-29-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844114)
How about Koppen and Vasquez?

Cmon.

Slow down, you'll give him a headache.

MagicHef 07-29-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844114)
How about Koppen and Vasquez?

Cmon.

Of course that would be preferable. Better yet would be Walton and Vasquez, which may be an option later, for the actual important games.

MagicHef 07-29-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9844120)
Complete speculation.

You're telling us that plugging in a guard that's started for a mere 25 games (out of 96 eligible) is better than a former All Pro, two time winning Super Bowl winning center?

Seriously?

No.

Try reading it again, it's not that hard.

BossChief 07-29-2013 09:55 PM

As I have ESPN going in the background, they are discussing which injury is the biggest loss to their team on PTI

Maclin to eagles
Pitta to Baltimore
Koppen to Denver

They both said Koppen.

Another point I'd like to make is that as far as Vegas goes, apart from losing your quarterback the one position that sways the point spreads the most...

Center

MagicHef 07-29-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844142)
As I have ESPN going in the background, they are discussing which injury is the biggest loss to their team on PTI

Maclin to eagles
Pitta to Baltimore
Koppen to Denver

They both said Koppen.

Another point I'd like to make is that as far as Vegas goes, apart from losing your quarterback the one position that sways the point spreads the most...

Center

Link?

About the Vegas thing, not the ESPN thing.

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9844138)
No.

Try reading it again, it's not that hard.

Yeah, and it's complete speculation.

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9844146)
Link?

About the Vegas thing, not the ESPN thing.

Hey BossChief, link us to an ESPN broadcast going on in your background.

ROFL

Is it the altitude that makes you dumb?

MagicHef 07-29-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9844151)

ROFL

You seem to have a really difficult time reading my posts.

BossChief 07-29-2013 10:06 PM

It is something that Colin Cowherd points out every week during the season.

You can probably listen to Colin Cowherds show from oct 19, 2012 for an in depth breakdown of how Vegas rates positions in order of importance in relation to point spreads.

BossChief 07-29-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9844151)

ROFL

Actually, he was pretty clear about what part of my post he wanted to read up on.

BossChief 07-29-2013 10:10 PM

Also , I don't mean to pimp Colin Cowherd...but if you want to make money on sports betting, you guys would be wise to listen to the guys "blazzin hot 5" picks for NFL games.

He hit on a ****ING UNREAL amount of those picks last year due to all of his inside info and analysis.

Carlota69 07-29-2013 10:14 PM

This the season for ACL tears...

Eagles have another torn ACL in camp

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 29, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT

Getty Images
The Eagles have lost their second player for the season, in the first week of training camp.

According to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News, the Eagles confirmed that linebacker Jason Phillips suffered a torn right ACL.

Phillips, signed from Carolina this offseason as a free agent, was carted off during this morning’s practice.

He joins wide receiver Jeremy Maclin on the out-for-the-year list, making the Eagles the unluckiest team in the league so far.

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9844159)
You seem to have a really difficult time reading my posts.

Vasquez is better than Ramirez but what was intended, Vasquez and Koppen, is certainly better than any other combination available in 2013.

But hey, you're the same guy that said Ramirez was the starting center earlier, despite the fact that Dan Koppen was the starting center going into training camp, so who am I to argue with your pretzel logic?

MagicHef 07-29-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9844174)
Vasquez is better than Ramirez but what was intended, Vasquez and Koppen, is certainly better than any other combination available in 2013.

But hey, you're the same guy that said Ramirez was the starting center earlier, despite the fact that Dan Koppen was the starting center going into training camp, so who am I to argue with your pretzel logic?

Vasquez and Walton is what was intended.

What I said was that Ramirez had taken the center snaps with the first team throughout all the practices, which you may notice, is true.

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9844179)
Vasquez and Walton is what was intended.

What I said was that Ramirez had taken the center snaps with the first team throughout all the practices, which you may notice, is true.

He was the first team center throughout OTA's and minicamps but that's only because Koppen was unsigned.

Once J.D. Walton needed surgery, Ramirez was out of the picture and Koppen was re-signed.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...cos-turn-again

I really don't care about the Broncos. They can sign A.Q. Shipley for all I care.

BossChief 07-29-2013 11:03 PM

I'd love it if they signed AQ Shipley.

NJChiefsFan 07-29-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844168)
Also , I don't mean to pimp Colin Cowherd...but if you want to make money on sports betting, you guys would be wise to listen to the guys "blazzin hot 5" picks for NFL games.

He hit on a ****ING UNREAL amount of those picks last year due to all of his inside info and analysis.

What were the odds on those picks? A lot of times experts in the main stream make picks on games you wouldn't win money on without throwing a bunch down since they are favorites. Also, spreads start out by Vegas calculations but they are adjusted by how America bets. The odds will change a little depending on which way the money is falling. Vegas is predicting America's betting, not the actual score.

Quesadilla Joe 07-29-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9843624)
The Broncos have a tough schedule. Whereas the Chiefs have the Browns and Bills, the Broncos have the Ravens and the Patriots. It's also unlikely they go 6-0 in the division again.

They're going to be a good team. Maybe even a very, very good team. But anything over 12 wins and you're just benefiting from the bad luck of other teams and a shit division.

We have the easiest schedule in the entire league. And we are better than the Ravens and Patriots. This team is loaded and will most likely be the #1 offense in the entire league.

bigjosh 07-29-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9844233)
We have the easiest schedule in the entire league. And we are better than the Ravens and Patriots. This team is loaded and will most likely be the #1 offense in the entire league.

von miller is looking forward to this season!
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp...gh-282x300.jpg

BossChief 07-29-2013 11:31 PM

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/shows/c...ing-five-picks

bigjosh 07-29-2013 11:33 PM

this guy wants to take koppens spot. he would love for peyton to be standing behind him, gently tapping his thighs.

http://tinyurl.com/c59dzvn

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

I used to think you were a dumb kid (and defended you as such) but I now believe you're a troll.

Quesadilla Joe 07-29-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9844239)
I used to think you were a dumb kid (and defended you as such) but I now believe you're a troll.

Quote:

2013 NFL season: Broncos have easiest schedule; Panthers hardest

The Carolina Panthers, based on the combined 2012 winning percentages and records of 2013 opponents, are up against the NFL's strongest schedule this season. Meanwhile, the Denver Broncos, who went 13-3 last season, are rewarded with the weakest schedule.

Here's a look at the strength of schedule for every team in the league for 2013:

1. Carolina Panthers .543 (138-116-2)

2. Detroit Lions .539 (138-118-0)

3. New Orleans Saints .539 (137-117-2)

4. St. Louis Rams .539 (137-117-2)

5. Baltimore Ravens .535 (137-119-0)

6. Green Bay Packers .533 (136-119-1)

7. Arizona Cardinals .520 (131-121-4)

8. Miami Dolphins .520 (133-123-0)

9. San Francisco 49ers .520 (132-122-2)

10. Minnesota Vikings .516 (132-124-0)

11. Seattle Seahawks .516 (130-122-4)

12. Cincinnati Bengals .508 (130-126-0)

13. Jacksonville Jaguars .508 129-125-2)

14. New England Patriots .508 (130-126-0)

15. Atlanta Falcons .504 (128-126-0)

16. Chicago Bears .502 (128-127-1)

17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers .500 (127-127-2)

18. Washington Redskins .498 (127-128-1)

19. New York Jets .496 (127-129-0)

20. Philadelphia Eagles .496 (127-129-0)

21. Cleveland Browns .492 (126-130-0)

22. Pittsburgh Steelers .496 (126-130-0)

23. Tennessee Titans .488 (124-130-2)

24. New York Giants .480 (123-133-0)

25. Dallas Cowboys .480 (121-134-1)

26. Buffalo Bills .473 (121-135-0)

27. Houston Texans .473 (120-134-2)

28. Kansas City Chiefs .473 (121-135-0)

29. Oakland Raiders .469 (120-136-0)

30. Indianapolis Colts .461 (117-137-2)

31. San Diego Chargers .457 (117-139-0)

32. Denver Broncos .430 (110-146-0)
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...oncos-panthers

Quote:

Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos' offense will be unstoppable

2) The addition of Wes Welker makes this receiving corps indefensible.

The Broncos' receiving corps -- which was one of the most explosive in the league last season, with Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker each topping the 1,000-yard mark -- will be even better with Welker on board. As one of the premier slot receivers in the NFL, the Pro Bowler has a game built on quickness, burst and running skills. Additionally, Welker is a masterful route runner with a knack for creating separation from defenders on option routes or shallow crossers between the hashes. As a result, he topped the 1,000-yard mark (and eclipsed 100 catches) five times in the past six years.

Welker will get a ton of looks on an assortment of quick screens, option routes and short crossers over the middle. This will allow Manning to connect with the dangerous runner quickly on a number of high-percentage passes. Giving the explosive Welker the ball in space will help the Broncos' offense stay on track. The diminutive playmaker has led the NFL in yards after the catch in four of the past six seasons.

Of course, the expectation that Welker will play a major role from the slot has led many to speculate that Thomas and Decker will see their production dip dramatically. But I believe adding Welker to the fold will lead to more big-play chances for each of the Broncos' young playmakers, as Denver should see more single coverage on the perimeter.

Thomas, a fourth-year pro, is a legitimate big-play threat with a combination of size, speed and strength that makes him nearly indefensible on the perimeter. He can overwhelm opponents with his burst on vertical routes or use his size and physicality to win on intermediate routes. Thomas finished 2012 with 29 receptions of 20-plus yards (second-most in the NFL, behind only Calvin Johnson), including five catches of at least 40 yards.

To tap into Thomas' skills as a vertical playmaker, the Broncos will align him at an outside position and take shots downfield on an assortment of go-routes or post patterns, as they did in the video clip above. This exploits the weakness of coverage designed to bracket or double-team the slot receiver, leading to big-play chances on the perimeter. Most importantly, it will put Thomas in the kinds of one-on-one situations that he can win with his speed and athleticism.

For Decker, Welker's presence will create more opportunities to work over the middle on intermediate routes. The Broncos frequently use levels concepts (a combination route with a shallow cross and a dig route directed from the same side) from "two-by-two" and "three-by-one" formations to take advantage of open windows over the middle. With Welker likely to attract multiple defenders on snags and crossers, Decker could have a field day snaring catches on in-breaking routes behind the linebackers, as he does in the video clip to the right.

The Broncos have given Manning a plethora of weapons at receiver to take advantage of the tactics preferred by defensive coordinators around the NFL. While the distribution of touches could be an issue in some situations, Manning's willingness to hit the open target could help the Broncos become the sixth team in NFL history to have three 1,000-yard receivers -- an accomplishment that Manning's Colts achieved in 2004, with Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison and Brandon Stokley.

3) The running game from "11" personnel will tear up nickel defenses.

The running game is rarely cited in discussions about the Broncos' offensive potential, but I see a rushing attack that is capable of giving opponents problems, particularly from "11" personnel (one running back, one tight end and three receivers).

Part of this belief stems from the fact that defensive coordinators tend to rely on nickel and dime defenses against three-receiver sets. With a linebacker removed from the lineup, the defense becomes vulnerable to the run, especially when those runs are directed to the weak side. Most defensive backs (especially nickel cornerbacks) lack the size, strength and physicality to set the edge against the run. Additionally, their reluctance to attack the line of scrimmage creates seams for runners, which allows 3- and 4-yard runs to turn into gains of 10-plus yards late in games. Factor in the poor tackling skills routinely demonstrated by secondary members, and it's clear that the Broncos will have a significant advantage when electing to run from their "11" personnel package.

From a personnel standpoint, the Broncos' trio of running backs -- Ronnie Hillman, Knowshon Moreno and Montee Ball -- is ideally suited to run from one-back sets. Each runner displays a decisive, one-cut running style that exploits creases at the point of attack while avoiding the negative plays that can bog down an offense.

In Hillman, the Broncos have an explosive perimeter runner with the speed and burst to turn the corner on outside runs. He excels at running outside zone or "stretch" plays, when he initially heads toward the outside leg of the offensive tackle before making a hard cut at the line of scrimmage. This is particularly effective from "11" personnel because Manning can change the play at the line to ensure Hillman gets the ball heading to the nickel corner -- the defensive weak spot -- as evidenced in the video clip to the right.

Though Moreno has experienced an injury-plagued career, he's shown flashes of being an effective runner. While he lacks the speed and explosiveness to break off big gains, he is efficient when running between the tackles on delays and draws, thanks to his outstanding vision and instincts. He has a knack for finding creases on the back side, exposing the voids created by fast-dropping linebackers in the middle. Last season, Moreno notched a pair of 100-yard games in six starts, with a draw play (an example of this is shown in the video clip below) featured prominently in the game plan. With defensive coordinators intent on slowing down Manning and his explosive trio of receivers, Moreno could find plenty of running room on deceptive runs between the tackles.

Ball has yet to play a down in the NFL, but he could emerge as the workhorse for the Broncos, thanks to his hard-charging running style and toughness. He was an ultra-productive runner as the feature back in a run-heavy Wisconsin offense that utilized a number of tight formations. I think Ball should be even more effective in the Broncos' offense with fewer defenders in the box. With the majority of runs directed to the weak side or the nickel cornerback, Ball's physical running style should produce big gains for the Broncos in 2013.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ed-to-run-wild

MMXcalibur 07-29-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9844242)
I lost my right leg and testicles in a tragic unicycling accident.

NJChiefsFan 07-29-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844236)

He had a great start to the season and an average to below average end to the season. He is betting even money games though with the spread so you would have won a bunch if you bet with him in the beginning and then stopped. Who would have stopped though?

BossChief 07-30-2013 12:22 AM

46-18 through December 14.

7 of those weeks, he hit on 4/5 of his picks.

Mother****erJones 07-30-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

ROFL You're not better than the Ravens. THEY BEAT YOU IN DENVER TO KNOCK YOU OUT AND THEN WON THE SUPER BOWL!!! Get off Von's stash!:shake:

Mother****erJones 07-30-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

ROFL ROFL LMAO LAMO :harumph:

How do you ****ing figure you're better than the team that knocked you out? Especially when they took Dummervil. You're the ****ing worst homer there is. Not to mention without those 2 ****ing non offensive touchdowns you would have been Atown stomped by the Ravens. You would have been ass raped by SF.

NJChiefsFan 07-30-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844280)

Yeah, that's pretty legit.

DaneMcCloud 07-30-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844280)

We're those straight up or against the spread?

Just curious, not an indictment.

BossChief 07-30-2013 12:34 AM

Link to those picks are in post 260.

He bets with the spread and against it.

NJChiefsFan 07-30-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9844293)
We're those straight up or against the spread?

Just curious, not an indictment.

My first thought was that he was betting straight up and thus making it less profitable to bet along with him. Seems they were with the spread, which makes that an impressive W/L record, even with the losses you would have taken with his picks down the stretch.

DaneMcCloud 07-30-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9844296)
Link to those picks are in post 260.

He bets with the spread and against it.

Why does he work in radio?

He should be working for Wynn or Trump or whomever in Vegas.

DaneMcCloud 07-30-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9844299)
My first thought was that he was betting straight up and thus making it less profitable to bet along with him. Seems they were with the spread, which makes that an impressive W/L record, even with the losses you would have taken with his picks down the stretch.

Yes, definitely impressive

BossChief 07-30-2013 12:44 AM

I made some money making parlays out of his blazzin hot 5 picks last year.

He is a good listen during the year. Always has players on and asks them tough questions and tends to get some good info from time to time.

mikey23545 07-30-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 9843976)
If John Elway widened his buttcheeks and took a big, steamy dump on Knowmo's dinner plate, he would proclaim that it had a "nutty" aftertaste, clean his plate, and ask for seconds.

Knowmo:

http://imageshack.com/a/img89/1169/bxl5.jpg

Quesadilla Joe 07-30-2013 03:23 AM

I would rather lose Koppen than Clady, Beadles, Vasquez, Franklin, DT, Decker, Welker, Hillman, Julius Thomas or Peyton. So I guess that we got pretty lucky if you look at it that way.

tooge 07-30-2013 08:54 AM

that is all predicated on having an O line that can protect the QB, and Guards and CENTER that can get down field.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-30-2013 10:25 AM

They could start the Manny Ramirez baseball version and Knowmo and Hef would suck him off as some kind of golden football god.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-30-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

ROFL Then you post a bullshit article about the Donx running game tearing it up. THEY COULDN'T RUN ON DIME D's AGAINST TEAMS CONCEDING THE RUN. What changed this offseason? They are a soft bitch team.

Mr. Laz 07-30-2013 03:26 PM

Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates 14m
#Broncos officially placed Center Dan Koppen on injured reserve according to the transactions log.
Expand

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 08:57 AM

Soft bitches

vailpass 07-31-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9844868)
ROFL Then you post a bullshit article about the Donx running game tearing it up. THEY COULDN'T RUN ON DIME D's AGAINST TEAMS CONCEDING THE RUN. What changed this offseason? They are a soft bitch team.

Broncos definitely need to be tougher in the run game. But soft bitch team is going a bit too far.

Garcia Bronco 07-31-2013 09:32 AM

I don't understand how some Bronco Fans don't view this as a huge deal. The center is typically the smartest guy on the field. It's not a job, relatively speaking, that one can just step into and expect to be better than the guy that was replaced.

Garcia Bronco 07-31-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9847388)
Broncos definitely need to be tougher in the run game. But soft bitch team is going a bit too far.

Kuper being out most of the season has a huge impact on that, because the year before we were one of the best running teams in the league. Tebow factors into that, but still.

vailpass 07-31-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9847391)
I don't understand how some Bronco Fans don't view this as a huge deal. The center is typically the smartest guy on the field. It's not a job, relatively speaking, that one can just step into and expect to be better than the guy that was replaced.

Truth. As I've said before, the only good part is that it happened early.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9847388)

They are soft. How they play offense is soft. Their QB is mentally soft (Cold weather playoff games are pretty much a sure loss) and so is their coach (Kneel down with a HOF QB)

vailpass 07-31-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847410)
They are soft. How they play offense is soft. Their QB is mentally soft (Cold weather playoff games are pretty much a sure loss) and so is their coach (Kneel down with a HOF QB)

That kneel down pisses me off, well hate it always. But to say the Denver O is not extremely potent it's just wrong.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 09:54 AM

There is a big difference between potent and soft. Those Indy offenses were soft as well. Sure they can score points, but those outdoor, cold playoff games sure aren't fun for them.

Garcia Bronco 07-31-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847410)

LOL...I agree with you on the kneel down, but calling us soft? You might be the king of football hyperbole.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9847467)
LOL...I agree with you on the kneel down, but calling us soft? You might be the king of football hyperbole.

9 Cold weather one and dones? That be soft. Can't run the ball even on dime D's conceding the run...soft. Taking a knee with a HOF QB...soft. Losing record against quality opponents...shall I continue?

vailpass 07-31-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847450)
There is a big difference between potent and soft. Those Indy offenses were soft as well. Sure they can score points, but those outdoor, cold playoff games sure aren't fun for them.

See your point. I hope a for better this year.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9847479)
See your point. I hope a for better this year.

With Manning, I still say you guys have the division. I'm just not convinced his time isn't coming to a close. He could go full Favre at any time. A lot of the shit I post is to rile up my Lil buddy. I do believe everything I say about the soft bit though.

Garcia Bronco 07-31-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847477)
9 Cold weather one and dones? That be soft. Can't run the ball even on dime D's conceding the run...soft. Taking a knee with a HOF QB...soft. Losing record against quality opponents...shall I continue?

You mean with our two best running backs and our best RG out?

vailpass 07-31-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847485)
With Manning, I still say you guys have the division. I'm just not convinced his time isn't coming to a close. He could go full Favre at any time. A lot of the shit I post is to rile up my Lil buddy. I do believe everything I say about the soft bit though.

Manning is way too tight in the head to go Favre. Agree that the window is definitely right though. In full on win now mode. But that's the NFL.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9847519)
Manning is way too tight in the head to go Favre. Agree that the window is definitely right though. In full on win now mode. But that's the NFL.

I meant father time catching up. Favre was awesome at first for the Vikes, but after that playoff loss, age became a bitch. Could it be a replay in Pile High?

vailpass 07-31-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9847560)
I meant father time catching up. Favre was awesome at first for the Vikes, but after that playoff loss, age became a bitch. Could it be a replay in Pile High?

Yeah age catches up to them all, no doubt. I hope the window is still open and you hope it's slamming closed. Rivalry. Love it. Good luck to you guys this year, a competitive West is a good thing.