ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smiths accuracy wowing fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275091)

Mav 08-05-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861167)
The Chiefs currently have one of the league's better rosters. They have explosive offensive and defensive players along with a QB that's been very accurate the past two seasons.

This team has enough talent to win ten games this season. It's up to the coaching staff to ensure that happens.

The negative to this team, is it lacks true depth in a couple of places. Unproven depth if you will. Safety, Corner, ILB. Very short on quality depth.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2013 07:49 PM

[quote=Maverick91579;9861168]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9861151)

Harbernick over there. His first account was Kaepernick7 THey put him on Global ignore for a while so he wasn't seen or heard, and then banned him all together. he always would start crap.......Mostly with the people supporting Alex Smith, while Alex Smith was still the starter. Claimed he couldn't wait till Alex Smith was gone to never talk about him. Still, he cant stop coming here to talk about him, still talks about him all the time over there.

Hes just a lonely lonely man.

Sounds like 9ers Coalition to me.

ChiefsCountry 08-05-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs currently have one of the league's better rosters. They have explosive offensive and defensive players along with a QB that's been very accurate the past two seasons.

This team has enough talent to win ten games this season. It's up to the coaching staff to ensure that happens.

We have a shitty quarterback, thats why we wont win 10 games.

Mav 08-05-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9861171)
Chiefs historically suck major donkey balls in Florida. We never win down there, even with some of our best teams in club history.

I remember that fact you posted. THe melt down if the Chiefs lose to the Jags. Eek......I still don't see it.

Ace Gunner 08-05-2013 07:50 PM

you can't coach self motivation. to me, that is the one thing that makes guys like brady different than guys like leaf. if brady wound up playing for Mornhinweg at detroit and got on the field, he'd have looked a lot like he did his first season under BB. but the development does have to do with coaching, part of that also has to do with personnel too. it's a team sport.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Chiefs historically suck major donkey balls in Florida. We never win down there, even with some of our best teams in club history.

The Curse of Brunell.

Mav 08-05-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9861177)
We have a shitty quarterback, thats why we wont win 10 games.

Serious question.

If you think Alex Smith is shitty.

What is Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Kevin Kolb, Christian Ponder. What is the adjective to describe them? I mean being completely honest, Alex is better than them right?

keg in kc 08-05-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

No. Just....no.

This is not one of the league's better rosters. As it stands right now they have potentially debilitating holes on both lines, they have questionable depth at skill positions on both sides of the ball, and they have absolutely no quality, experienced depth at QB behind an injury prone starter.

I do agree that they may have enough talent to win 8-10 games this year. But roster wise they're still solidly seated in the bottom half of the league. Although because they're young, there's a possibility of players ascending. I hope that 6 months from now we can say that they have one of the league's best rosters based on performance. But that can't be said now.

Sorter 08-05-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Until I watch this team play in person and then review it, it's really hard for me to give this team wins on the road so easily despite how poor the competition may be.

Not that my opinion means anything.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9861191)
Serious question.

What is Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Kevin Kolb, Christian Ponder. What is the adjective to describe them? I mean being completely honest, Alex is better than them right?

I think Alex Smith would take those teams straight to hell just as their own QBs did.

The Vikings might be a smidge better.

Chief Faithful 08-05-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861085)
People always think coaching will fix this team.

It's been a theme since Gunther rode in on a white horse.

I don't know if there's a horse alive who could support Andy Reid.

Every time this team has brought in a good head coach and staff the team improved. From Bettis (maybe the least talented team of all) to Levy the team improved. Ganz to Schottenhiemer things improved. Gunther to Vermiel things improved. This coaching staff is the most proven group since 1989 when they had coaches like Cowher, Dungy and Saunders. I expect to see a big improvement.

Sorter 08-05-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Serious question.

Personally, I think Gabbert might be in the Cassel tier.

I can pull up an earlier post to demonstrate the tiers, if anyone would like.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9861174)
The negative to this team, is it lacks true depth in a couple of places. Unproven depth if you will. Safety, Corner, ILB. Very short on quality depth.

There isn't a single team in the NFL without depth issues at certain positions.

I'm less concerned about safety and ILB than corner.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 9861197)
I expect to see a hugh improvement.

It's time, woman.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861192)
No. Just....no.

This is not one of the league's better rosters. As it stands right now they have potentially debilitating holes on both lines, they have questionable depth at skill positions on both sides of the ball, and they have absolutely no quality, experienced depth at QB behind an injury prone starter.

I do agree that they may have enough talent to win 8-10 games this year. But roster wise they're still solidly seated in the bottom half of the league. Although because they're young, there's a possibility of players ascending. I hope that 6 months from now we can say that they have one of the league's best rosters based on performance. But that can't be said now.

Agree to disagree.

A roster with Charles, Bowe, D.J., Houston, Hali, Berry and Flowers cannot be considered to be anywhere near the bottom of the league.

This team has plenty of average players in Avery, DeVito, Jackson, Jordan, Smith, Fasano, Asamoah and Albert.

This team has holes, as does every team, but they have plenty of talent.

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but it's the Jags. If the Chiefs are going to take a step forward they HAVE to beat bad teams consistantly

keg in kc 08-05-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861228)
Agree to disagree.

A roster with Charles, Bowe, D.J., Houston, Hali, Berry and Flowers cannot be considered to be anywhere near the bottom of the league.

A roster with Charles, Bowe, D.J., Houston, Hali, Berry and Flowers won 2 games last year.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861240)
A roster with Charles, Bowe, D.J., Houston, Hali, Berry and Flowers won 2 games last year.

With the worst coaching staff ever assembled, at any level.

Sassy Squatch 08-05-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9861229)
Yeah, but it's the Jags. If the Chiefs are going to take a step forward they HAVE to beat bad teams consistantly

If we can't beat the Jags its all over. Won't they be without Blackmon and MJD?

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861243)

LMAO

Hyperbole.

Mav 08-05-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9861246)
If we can't beat the Jags its all over. Won't they be without Blackmon and MJD?

definitely without Blackmon. Don't know about MJD.

Mav 08-05-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861250)
LMAO

Hyperbole.

No, that staff with Crennell as your head coach, and Daboll as your OC, that's pretty effing terrible.

Marcellus 08-05-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

And the most dysfunctional FO dynamic ever.

Pioli was a cancer and it trickled down.

Coaches sucked, Pioli sucked,, it was so bad it took a teammate committing murder/suicide to motivate them to a 1 of their 2 wins.

Dysfunctional disaster.

Marcellus 08-05-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Hyperbole.

Can you explain 1 reasonable game plan or personnel move made last year?

One competent move or decision the entire year?

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Hyperbole.

Frank Gansz got more from less in 1988.

Crennel's staff was horrid.

keg in kc 08-05-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Cassel and Quinn had at least as much to do with it as the coaching staff.

And I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Alex Smith, aside Reid and his staff, will by themselves be the difference between 2-14 and 10-6 or better. I just don't see a great deal in terms of drastic upgrades at other positions on the roster.

Not saying it's impossible, but it would require basically everyone across the board to exceed expectations at the same time.

7-8-9 wins, possible. Maybe even expected, around .500. 10 wins seems like a bit much. Especially for a franchise that's well established as losing.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9861257)
No, that staff with Crennell as your head coach, and Daboll as your OC, that's pretty effing terrible.

This. Pure, absolute shit, it was.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861265)

And I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Alex Smith, aside Reid and his staff, will by themselves be the difference between 2-14 and 10-6 or better. I just don't see a great deal in terms of drastic upgrades at other positions on the roster.

Not saying it's impossible, but it would require basically everyone across the board to exceed expectations at the same time.

7-8-9 wins, possible. Maybe even expected.

And I believe that it will only require these players to meet their expectations, not exceed them.

New World Order 08-05-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9861262)
Can you explain 1 reasonable game plan or personnel move made last year?

One competent move or decision the entire year?

Leaving Matt Cassel on the bench and attempting to go in a different direction.

Chief Faithful 08-05-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

I've been a Chiefs fan since Haynes played HB and no team had a worse coaching staff than last year. I have never seen worse schemes on Offense or Defense.

BossChief 08-05-2013 08:15 PM

I think we all want this team to rise from the ashes soooo bad that we are willing to exaggerate the positives and try to ignore the negatives that this team currently has.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9861257)

It was a bad staff, sure. Worst ever in the history of the sport of football? LMAO

I'd say it was no worse than Gunther's staffs.

New World Order 08-05-2013 08:15 PM

None of this means anything without defenders running at him. Weren't reports of Matt Cassel's camp last year positive? Smith Hater presented the Croyle example.

None of it means much.

Titty Meat 08-05-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861291)
I think we all want this team to rise from the ashes soooo bad that we are willing to exaggerate the positives and try to ignore the negatives that this team currently has.

Every team has negatives.

keg in kc 08-05-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861274)
And I believe that it will only require these players to meet their expectations, not exceed them.

And I believe that I'm a hot enough guy that a limo full of supermodels is about to knock on my door and offer up a week of gangbangs.

A scenario that seems more seated in reality to me than the one you paint, where our roster is so loaded with talent that 10 wins is our floor.

durtyrute 08-05-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861265)

7-8-9 wins, possible. Maybe even expected, around .500. 10 wins seems like a bit much. Especially for a franchise that's well established as losing.

I don't think it would take that much from Smith. If he can stay accurate, hit a receiver in stride more than once every five games, and stay on the field long enough for the defense to make it back to the bench, that alone will do wonders for this team.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861297)
And I believe that I'm a hot enough guy that a limo full of supermodels is about to knock on my door and offer up a week of gangbangs.

A scenario that seems more seated in reality to me than the one you point, where our roster is so loaded with talent that 10 wins is our floor.

LMAO

Marcellus 08-05-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861291)

I guess "we" includes the unbiased football media types who are predicting a huge turn around and talk about all the talent on the roster?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9861308)
I don't think it would take that much from Smith. If he can stay accurate, hit a receiver in stride more than once every five games, and stay on the field long enough for the defense to make it back to the bench, that alone will do wonders for this team.

If he can simply protect the ball, we could take the division.

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861292)

I'd say it was no worse than Gunther's staffs.

Then you just weren't paying attention. Last years coaching was the worst I've ever seen and it's not even close

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9861311)
I guess "we" includes the unbiased football media types who are predicting a huge turn around and talk about all the talent on the roster?

"We" can not rely on any of that shit. This has been proven time and time again. Do you simply elect to forget shit in general from one season to the next?

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861297)

A scenario that seems more seated in reality to me than the one you paint, where our roster is so loaded with talent that 10 wins is our floor.

Yes, I believe that this team is more talented and has a far better coaching staff (not to mention, a favorable schedule) than the last Chiefs team to have a 10-6 record.

keg in kc 08-05-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9861308)

Oh I agree. I just stop a bit short of assuming they'll instantly be a playoff team just 'cause.

The reality is that any competent QB play last season and they win 5 or 6 games instead or 2. I think the same is true for this year, but instead of 5 or 6, it's 7 or 8.

Can they win 10 games? Sure. It's not impossible. But it would take great play from a number of guys who haven't played great ball before now, and a complete and instant turn-around in team psychology, something that coaching staffs have repeatedly failed to do here for as long as I've followed the team.

I think it can happen eventually, I just expect it to take a bit longer than one season.

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9861315)
If he can simply protect the ball, we could take the division.

I wouldn't go that far but, a wildcard spot isn't out of the question

keg in kc 08-05-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861332)
Yes, I believe that this team is more talented and has a far better coaching staff (not to mention, a favorable schedule) than the last Chiefs team to have a 10-6 record.

That team was an aberration, and you know it.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861338)

As I stated, this team is far more talented, with a better and proven coaching staff.

It's pretty easy to look at the schedule and see 10 wins, as long as everyone meets expectations.

BossChief 08-05-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9861311)

11 of 17 NFL.com analysts predicted the Chiefs to make the playoffs last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9861337)
I wouldn't go that far but, a wildcard spot isn't out of the question

If this team is as leery of Brokedick Dungver as many of you are, we might as well just pack it the **** up right now.

Contrary to current belief, they are NOT that good.

Marcellus 08-05-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861345)

And you realize that being wrong last year has zero bearing on this year?

If you want to dismiss unbiased opinion, go for it. You are the guy who said our judgement was clouded by our wants and desires.

What is clouding the opinions of neutral NFL analyst who think the team has talent and potential this season?

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861345)

The team gave up last year because they knew they had NO chance with pioli, crennel & co

New World Order 08-05-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861332)

Do you think Smith will play better than Cassel did in 10?

Smith doesn't even have a 20 td season and has never thrown for 3200 yards.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9861368)
Do you think Smith will play better than Cassel did in 10?

Smith doesn't even have a 20 td season and has never thrown for 3200 yards.

**** yes.

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9861347)
If this team is as leery of Brokedick Dungver as many of you are, we might as well just pack it the **** up right now.

If it weren't for that ****ing Manning guy.....

keg in kc 08-05-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861344)
As I stated, this team is far more talented, with a better and proven coaching staff.

It's pretty easy to look at the schedule and see 10 wins, as long as everyone meets expectations.

Hate to break it to you, but it probably isn't going to work out that way. Some guys will exceed expectations, and some guys will fall short. There's no way of knowing who or how many will fall into each category, but it's just not realistic to think that every move they made this offseason is going to pay dividends.

Like I said, it's possible, and I'm not at all saying it can't happen, but I think going into this season expecting 10 wins after seeing multiple low single-digit win totals in the last six years (4, 2, 4, 10, 7, 2...) is getting a little carried away.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9861347)

Their offense is held together by a duct-taped, chicken-neck.

They have no Terrell Davis to bail them out.

Their receiving corps is raw, bordering on jack-shit.

No superstar TE.

Their coach is a laughable abortion,

and their defense was never elite and has lost key pieces.

ChiefsCountry 08-05-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Serious question.

They are all the same level of shitty. Which was stupid to give up two second round picks for Alex Smith.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861338)

Romeo's losing season was the abberration. The Chiefs made the playoffs in 2010 behind a shitty QB. The next year, they were a step away from making the playoffs even without Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, Moeaki, and with Houston playing half the season.

This team is easily in the hunt. They are a long shot to go deep in the playoffs, and don't know that they ever will behind Alex Smith, but there's no way anyone can claim this team can't compete this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9861363)
And you realize that being wrong last year has zero bearing on this year?

Question...

answered.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9861388)
They are all the same level of shitty. Which was stupid to give up two second round picks for Alex Smith.

Smith is better than those guys by a mile.

But he's not close to an elite QB. Let's not overrate him or underrate him.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9861394)
there's no way anyone can claim this team can't compete this year.

If Alex Smith maintains his checkdown/sack artist ways, and our #2 WR position remains a dumpster fire, and Sean Smith continues giving up first downs at a league-worst pace...we're definitely going to get our asses kicked against good teams.

Ace Gunner 08-05-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Romeo's losing season was the abberration. The Chiefs made the playoffs in 2010 behind a shitty QB. The next year, they were a step away from making the playoffs even without Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, Moeaki, and with Houston playing half the season.

This team is easily in the hunt. They are a long shot to go deep in the playoffs, and don't know that they ever will behind Alex Smith, but there's no way anyone can claim this team can't compete this year.

this. and you forgot to mention Falco. Shane Falco. c'mon friday night..

keg in kc 08-05-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

I haven't disagreed with any of that. All I'm arguing against is that 10 wins is somehow their floor. That's just east of Nutsville.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861417)
I haven't disagreed with any of that. All I'm arguing against is that 10 wins is somehow their floor. That's just east of Nutsville.

Okay, agree with that.

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Yeah, 10 wins would have me dancing naked in the streets

durtyrute 08-05-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861335)
Oh I agree. I just stop a bit short of assuming they'll instantly be a playoff team just 'cause.

The reality is that any competent QB play last season and they win 5 or 6 games instead or 2. I think the same is true for this year, but instead of 5 or 6, it's 7 or 8.

Can they win 10 games? Sure. It's not impossible. But it would take great play from a number of guys who haven't played great ball before now, and a complete and instant turn-around in team psychology, something that coaching staffs have repeatedly failed to do here for as long as I've followed the team.

I think it can happen eventually, I just expect it to take a bit longer than one season.

My name is Durtyrute and I approve this message. :thumb:

Kaepernick 08-05-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 9861289)
I've been a Chiefs fan since Haynes played HB and no team had a worse coaching staff than last year. I have never seen worse schemes on Offense or Defense.

Paging Mike Singletary and Jimmy Rae.

"Smash them in the mouf!"

How bad was the 49ers coaching under Singletary. Defenses ROUTINELY called out 49er offensive plays before we ran them. I would put Singletary with Rae as OC up against anything you can muster for abysmal coaching. Anyone you can name.

Opps, well maybe you've got me beat after all -- BUT ONLY BY DEGREES!

http://athlonsports.com/nfl/slidesho...es-nfl-1990#13

Romeo Crennel -- No list of terrible NFL head coaches would be complete without a mangled branch of Bill Belichick's diseased and poisonous coaching tree -- and because Charlie Weis has mercifully never been an NFL head coach, the honor goes to Crennel. After failing in Cleveland at 24-40 from 2005 to 2008, the Chiefs inconceivably gave Crennel another shot three years later and he went 4-15 and routinely delivered quotes such as this one following Kansas City's 2012 Week 2 loss: "I thought that we would be better, and we're not. So we have to try and figure out what that is. From what I've seen, if we do what we're supposed to do, then we would be better." Definitely. That's some good coaching insight. It's surprising Crennel didn't win more.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/stor...es-nfl-history

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861405)
If Alex Smith maintains his checkdown/sack artist ways, and our #2 WR position remains a dumpster fire, and Sean Smith continues giving up first downs at a league-worst pace...we're definitely going to get our asses kicked against good teams.

The Chiefs don't play many "good teams" this season.

And you're speaking in hypotheticals.

If Avery has 800 yards and 3 TD's (last year's numbers), that won't be too shabby behind Bowe, Fasano and Charles.

Buzz 08-05-2013 08:43 PM

WORST TO FIRST, FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STING LIKE A BEE! GO CHIEFS! VERMIEL OFFENSE, SCHOTTENHIEMER DEFENSE! SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME! YEAH BABY!

sorry, never mind...

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

This team won 10 with a shit QB and no pass rush outside of Hali. Won 7 without their shit QB (and a backup that was shittier), best running back, best TE and best safety.

If 10 wins isn't their floor, what is it? Nine?

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861446)
If Avery has 800 yards and 3 TD's (last year's numbers)

In a run-first offense, he won't.

It took over 650 pass plays called for him to get those numbers.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861381)
Hate to break it to you, but it probably isn't going to work out that way. Some guys will exceed expectations, and some guys will fall short. There's no way of knowing who or how many will fall into each category, but it's just not realistic to think that every move they made this offseason is going to pay dividends.

Like I said, it's possible, and I'm not at all saying it can't happen, but I think going into this season expecting 10 wins after seeing multiple low single-digit win totals in the last six years (4, 2, 4, 10, 7, 2...) is getting a little carried away.

It isn't that big of a turnaround. The Chiefs won 10 games in 2010. The way they played in 2011, they probably could have closed the season with close to 10 wins or more in 2011 with a healthy Jamaal Charles.

And in that time, they made plenty of personnel moves that can't get much worse than what they played with in those 2 years (and could be much better) and will probably have the best coached special teams units in the NFL.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861456)
This team won 10 with a shit QB and no pass rush outside of Hali. Won 7 without their shit QB, best running back, best TE and best safety.

If 10 wins isn't their floor, what is it? Nine?

10 wins is the ceiling, and only a giant homer would think otherwise.

New World Order 08-05-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861372)
**** yes.

What is your evidence for these high expectations?

Never a 20 td or 3200 yards passing in a single year. He's also injury prone.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861457)
In a run-first offense, he won't.

It took over 650 pass plays called for him to get those numbers.

Well, you have no idea what the offense will look like this season.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9861466)
What is your evidence for these high expectations?

Never a 20 td or 3200 yards passing in a single year. He's also injury prone.

Just shut the **** up. This has been debated all offseason. Do a search.

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tainted (Post 9861448)
WORST TO FIRST, FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STING LIKE A BEE! GO CHIEFS! VERMIEL OFFENSE, SCHOTTENHIEMER DEFENSE! SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME! YEAH BABY!
sorry, never mind...

Stop drinking and go to bed...

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861464)
10 wins is the ceiling, and only a giant homer would think otherwise.

Oh, okay.

STFU

So, this team is worse than the 2010 team?

:shake:

New World Order 08-05-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861474)
Just shut the **** up. This has been debated all offseason. Do a search.

And I have yet to hear or see an answer to this question. The search continues...

New World Order 08-05-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861482)
Oh, okay.

STFU

So, this team is worse than the 2010 team?

:shake:

Shitty second/third corner and a qb who won't sniff 27 tds this year.

It's possible

mcaj22 08-05-2013 08:54 PM

how can you tell someone to shut the **** up as a counter argument to Smith being injury prone.

newsflash: hes injury prone and should be the biggest concern. He is one hit away from having any chance of a winning season go down the toilet. His shoulder is flimsy and his skull is mashed potatoes. He cant take another hit to either and get by.

The fact that he takes a lot of hits/sacks is why you should be concerned with the injuries. He likes holding the ball cause he doesnt want to give up the interception, but the double edged sword is hes giving up is body and prone to getting hurt in the process.

You cant argue these two facts about him. These are the only knocks against him and they are big ones, whether you love him or hate him that's our QB.