ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 25 Release tonight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275622)

lcarus 09-06-2013 08:42 PM

I like this game, but the defense is just pure dog shit. I'm playing on All-Madden, default sliders, 8 minute quarters with accelerated play clock. It's hard to get a stop. I was shutting teams down no problem last year. At the same time though, scoring is easy easy easy. Especially via the pass. Running is slightly tougher this year (how many times can a DL dive and catch Charles from behind by the heels?!?!) but my god passing is incredibly easy. I hate to do it, but I may have to jack around with sliders this year.

Nightfyre 09-06-2013 11:23 PM

This game is worse than Madden 13. Crazy how they can take recycled garbage and make it worse.

Thig Lyfe 09-07-2013 12:46 AM

Why the **** is Peyton Manning running the read option on me, and how in the **** is it working. PEYTON IS NEVER GOING TO KEEP IT, DIPSHITS!!!

Mav 09-07-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9945995)
I like this game, but the defense is just pure dog shit. I'm playing on All-Madden, default sliders, 8 minute quarters with accelerated play clock. It's hard to get a stop. I was shutting teams down no problem last year. At the same time though, scoring is easy easy easy. Especially via the pass. Running is slightly tougher this year (how many times can a DL dive and catch Charles from behind by the heels?!?!) but my god passing is incredibly easy. I hate to do it, but I may have to jack around with sliders this year.

If you adjust the sliders, you will have so much more fun.

I bumped them up at first to completely fix the defense, now I have started to move them back down. Progressing your guys helps a lot too.

well, if you are playing franchise that is.

lcarus 09-07-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9946523)
If you adjust the sliders, you will have so much more fun.

I bumped them up at first to completely fix the defense, now I have started to move them back down. Progressing your guys helps a lot too.

well, if you are playing franchise that is.

I'm almost done with the first season and I've gotten pretty much every young players development to quick. I've almost got enough to give Charles his final point in speed, and I didn't bother with Alex Smiths development, because it's "slow" and by the time I got it to superstar he'll be retired. Got Bray's to "quick" though. I really like how you get points for doing practice every week and it gives your whole roster points. It sucked last year when your bench players never got experience. If I wanna let a QB sit for a couple seasons he should still develop some.

Thig Lyfe 09-07-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9945799)
What level are you playing on Thig?

If its all madden, depending on what your problems are, lack of competition is, Ill set you up with some sliders.

All Pro, but I'm willing to bump up to All Madden if necessary. I just want to have a reasonable chance of winning every game. And when I lose, I don't wanna get torn up by a ****ing juggernaut. At least not most of the time.

Basically, I'm looking for...

1. ...the running game to be a little more challenging. Jamaal Charles is almost unstoppable on I-formation stretch plays. Which is nice and all, but I really want to earn my 200 yard games. I'd love for the defense to force me to try something else from time to time. I tried a slider set that had me running into my fullback's butt a lot, though, which sucked, so I'd like to avoid that.

2. ...the deep passing game to be a little less impossible. Yeah, I have Alex Smith, which is probably a big reason I'm so bad at throwing the ball downfield. But I really shouldn't be throwing nearly as many interceptions as I have been. If Dwayne Bowe is going on a seam route against single coverage, I should be able to chuck it up and have a reasonable expectation that Bowe can get it before the CB magically turns around at the exact right time and picks the ball off.

3. ...pass rushing to not be so futile. I've managed a decent number of sacks with Justin Houston, but they've almost all been coverage sacks. I don't want to be able to blow by the O-line for 8 sacks a game or anything, but I'd at least like to put some pressure on the QB every now and then.

4. ...user defense to be stronger overall. I'm able to make enough stops to win games, but in the meantime I'm routinely getting torn up on the ground and picked apart on ****ing 3rd and 17. Maybe some of this is playcalling (I'm not very defense-minded so I generally just gameflow take care of defense and then rush the passer with Houston), but no ****ing way should Peyton Hillis be running for 10 yards a carry. And no way should EJ Manuel have an 88% goddamn completion rate. It's okay for teams to go on long drives against me or get the occasional big play, but right now it's absurd.

4. ...scores to be realistic but not boring. My first two games were exhilarating and required me to put together last-second touchdown drives to win. Then I got destroyed by the Eagles and bounced back to beat the Giants in another toughie. Since then, though, the wins have been too easy to come by. They haven't even all been blowouts so much as shootouts I knew I'd end up winning. I'd like to see a decent balance of tough close games, shootouts, and blowouts. If it has to be a shootout, I want the pressure to be on. Essentially, I want the result to genuinely be in doubt... even if I still end up winning more than losing.

BASICALLY, I'm not interested in wasting time losing at a fake sport against a robot, but I'd like for the wins to be earned and the losses to be rewarding in the effort.

Thig Lyfe 09-07-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9947260)
I'm almost done with the first season and I've gotten pretty much every young players development to quick. I've almost got enough to give Charles his final point in speed, and I didn't bother with Alex Smiths development, because it's "slow" and by the time I got it to superstar he'll be retired. Got Bray's to "quick" though. I really like how you get points for doing practice every week and it gives your whole roster points. It sucked last year when your bench players never got experience. If I wanna let a QB sit for a couple seasons he should still develop some.

I never do practice because **** it, I wanna just play the game. Am I making a mistake? I'd like to develop Bray but I'll also probably just draft a QB in the first round and try and start him instead.

Consistent1 09-07-2013 01:47 PM

Run the nickel and blitz all the time on All-Madden. You might lose, but it will be close. I also always use a left end or OLB and try to force it myself.

Passing offense is what is hard for me. It's still a pretty good game.

I'm just trying to get really good before I start up on a long term plan.

BTW, San Fran is a very fun team to play with. Obvious I guess, but they seem to play as well as the Canton and All 25 teams IMO.

Thig Lyfe 09-07-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9947415)
Run the nickel and blitz all the time on All-Madden. You might lose, but it will be close. I also always use a left end or OLB and try to force it myself.

Passing offense is what is hard for me. It's still a pretty good game.

I'm just trying to get really good before I start up on a long term plan.

BTW, San Fran is a very fun team to play with. Obvious I guess, but they seem to play as well as the Canton and All 25 teams IMO.

The thing about blitzing is, I almost ALWAYS get sucked into a block, and unless the coverage is perfect, I can't even get pressure on the QB. Controlling Houston is good for about a sack a game, which is obviously not bad, but it's almost all coverage sacks. I want to be able to make a move on the OL and force the QB to throw before he's ready and maybe get a sack or two that way, too.

Consistent1 09-07-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9947438)
The thing about blitzing is, I almost ALWAYS get sucked into a block, and unless the coverage is perfect, I can't even get pressure on the QB. Controlling Houston is good for about a sack a game, which is obviously not bad, but it's almost all coverage sacks. I want to be able to make a move on the OL and force the QB to throw before he's ready and maybe get a sack or two that way, too.

I played with Houston and he isn't crazy good in the game anyway. Play with some other teams and then go back.

I'm not even good, but I keep the other team from scoring a ton. I can't get my offenses to score much either, so there is that.

And the game cheats if you get way up anyway if you play the computer, but it is something to do.

ThaVirus 09-07-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9947309)
2. ...the deep passing game to be a little less impossible. Yeah, I have Alex Smith, which is probably a big reason I'm so bad at throwing the ball downfield. But I really shouldn't be throwing nearly as many interceptions as I have been. If Dwayne Bowe is going on a seam route against single coverage, I should be able to chuck it up and have a reasonable expectation that Bowe can get it before the CB magically turns around at the exact right time and picks the ball off.

My advice on this here is just not to throw to Bowe on streaks unless he literally has like 5 steps on the CB. I only ever throw streaks to receivers with 94+ speed and only if I see that they have a step on the CB with no safety looming over the top.

It works out because you'll get a chance to take the top off and heave one deep a few times a game if the guy you're playing against ever mixes up his coverages; and if he always has 2-deep safety help, it should be easy enough to pick him apart in the intermediate range.

... But yeah, just don't throw it to Bowe on deep routes with the CB on his hip. The deep jump ball in this game just isn't exactly life-like.

Thig Lyfe 09-07-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9947448)
I played with Houston and he isn't crazy good in the game anyway. Play with some other teams and then go back.

I'm not even good, but I keep the other team from scoring a ton. I can't get my offenses to score much either, so there is that.

And the game cheats if you get way up anyway if you play the computer, but it is something to do.

If I practiced, could I use the XP on him?

Mav 09-07-2013 06:53 PM

I only play on all madden thig.

First thing that helped me was turning up my defensive reaction time from 25 to around 50 to start. Then turn up pass defense from 25 to 50.

Turn down the Cpu's DRT 20 from whatever its at.

also turn down their pass coverage.

Start there. That should help, then you can adjust up and down from there as you go.

And yes, if you want to progress guys, then you should be doing practice. Its a free 1000 xp for your players even if you fail the practice.

KCrockaholic 09-07-2013 07:33 PM

Playing online pisses me off more than it should.

I need to get back on franchise and quit playing online. I'm in the top 4% so I take those games too seriously. And when the ****ing animations come into play and **** me over I don't take it well.

Consistent1 09-07-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9948240)

First thing that helped me was turning up my defensive reaction time from 25 to around 50 to start. Then turn up pass defense from 25 to 50.

Start there. That should help, then you can adjust up and down from there as you go.

And yes, if you want to progress guys, then you should be doing practice. Its a free 1000 xp for your players even if you fail the practice.

You have to be kidding me, just lose a few games and get better. It will piss you off, but you can win straight up.

This is why I don't bother playing games online. Every ****ing fifteen year old kid has some scam.

Turn down their pass coverage, lol.

Consistent1 09-07-2013 09:20 PM

You might as well play rookie and run the score up if you adjust that shit.

Nightfyre 09-07-2013 09:42 PM

I had one play where I had tackled Deangelo Williams with like 3 dudes and he was laying on top of them so he wasn't technically down. I hit him with 5 more dudes who slide over the top of his stomach and then he gets up off the pile of chiefs and runs for a first down. I wish I could save the replay.

Thig Lyfe 09-07-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9948834)
You might as well play rookie and run the score up if you adjust that shit.

I don't play online. I actually want my games to be more challenging, but not in batshit ****-crazy ways.

Mother****erJones 09-07-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9948382)
Playing online pisses me off more than it should.

I need to get back on franchise and quit playing online. I'm in the top 4% so I take those games too seriously. And when the ****ing animations come into play and **** me over I don't take it well.

I'm not a fan of online. Kids lag and cheat

dj56dt58 09-07-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9947823)
My advice on this here is just not to throw to Bowe on streaks unless he literally has like 5 steps on the CB. I only ever throw streaks to receivers with 94+ speed and only if I see that they have a step on the CB with no safety looming over the top.

It works out because you'll get a chance to take the top off and heave one deep a few times a game if the guy you're playing against ever mixes up his coverages; and if he always has 2-deep safety help, it should be easy enough to pick him apart in the intermediate range.

... But yeah, just don't throw it to Bowe on deep routes with the CB on his hip. The deep jump ball in this game just isn't exactly life-like.

You really have to pick your spots on streaks. If I see the cb jamming the receiver I will typically hot route to a streak, then if he gets a step on the cb and the safety is deep, I will throw a hard pass so he catches it between the safety and cb..If the safety isn't deep I will throw deep and lead the receiver. I also tend to have another guy run an in route so if its a 2 safety deep the middle of the field should be open and I'll use that as my 2nd read.

ThaVirus 09-07-2013 11:58 PM

Listen to this man. He knows.

Sorter 09-08-2013 12:06 AM

1. Move Bowe into the slot.
2. Run 3 and 4 verts plays vs 2 deep shells.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Sorter 09-08-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9947309)
All Pro, but I'm willing to bump up to All Madden if necessary. I just want to have a reasonable chance of winning every game. And when I lose, I don't wanna get torn up by a ****ing juggernaut. At least not most of the time.

Basically, I'm looking for...

1. ...the running game to be a little more challenging. Jamaal Charles is almost unstoppable on I-formation stretch plays. Which is nice and all, but I really want to earn my 200 yard games. I'd love for the defense to force me to try something else from time to time. I tried a slider set that had me running into my fullback's butt a lot, though, which sucked, so I'd like to avoid that.

3. ...pass rushing to not be so futile. I've managed a decent number of sacks with Justin Houston, but they've almost all been coverage sacks. I don't want to be able to blow by the O-line for 8 sacks a game or anything, but I'd at least like to put some pressure on the QB every now and then.

4. ...user defense to be stronger overall. I'm able to make enough stops to win games, but in the meantime I'm routinely getting torn up on the ground and picked apart on ****ing 3rd and 17. Maybe some of this is playcalling (I'm not very defense-minded so I generally just gameflow take care of defense and then rush the passer with Houston), but no ****ing way should Peyton Hillis be running for 10 yards a carry. And no way should EJ Manuel have an 88% goddamn completion rate. It's okay for teams to go on long drives against me or get the occasional big play, but right now it's absurd.

4. ...scores to be realistic but not boring. My first two games were exhilarating and required me to put together last-second touchdown drives to win. Then I got destroyed by the Eagles and bounced back to beat the Giants in another toughie. Since then, though, the wins have been too easy to come by. They haven't even all been blowouts so much as shootouts I knew I'd end up winning. I'd like to see a decent balance of tough close games, shootouts, and blowouts. If it has to be a shootout, I want the pressure to be on. Essentially, I want the result to genuinely be in doubt... even if I still end up winning more than losing.

BASICALLY, I'm not interested in wasting time losing at a fake sport against a robot, but I'd like for the wins to be earned and the losses to be rewarding in the effort.

My best advice is to use the cloud and sky options from base fronts.

KCrockaholic 09-08-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9949109)
I'm not a fan of online. Kids lag and cheat

How does one even "lag" on purpose anyways. I'm sure there's ways to cheat, but I assumed some of the lag was just from my opponents internet speed.

Mother****erJones 09-08-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9949303)
How does one even "lag" on purpose anyways. I'm sure there's ways to cheat, but I assumed some of the lag was just from my opponents internet speed.

I've played people that lag at certain moments to **** you up. I've got a great connection so it's not me. Like for example a game was fine until the last few minutes and I had to try a FG to win, welp as I go to kick it lags just a split fraction of a second and ****ed my kick up

Consistent1 09-08-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9949506)
I've played people that lag at certain moments to **** you up. I've got a great connection so it's not me. Like for example a game was fine until the last few minutes and I had to try a FG to win, welp as I go to kick it lags just a split fraction of a second and ****ed my kick up

I don't want to look like a tool, but like someone asked above, how can it quickly be done?

Aspengc8 09-08-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9949945)
I don't want to look like a tool, but like someone asked above, how can it quickly be done?

Wiggle your ethernet cord in and out. Kids been doing that since the PS2 days.

Consistent1 09-08-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9952864)

I don't know many people who use those these days. Online gaming stuff is just irritating in general. That is why this new GTA is gonna be real interesting.

Mother****erJones 09-08-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

I don't know. But it was annoying and only happened when I had the ball

dj56dt58 09-08-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9949245)
Listen to this man. He knows.

I agree 100% with streaks to bowe, I almost also call the hot route for avery he typically gets separation when he is jammed at the line..or Mccluster in the slot. I use bowe a lot for the in routes because he is great at making catches in traffic if need be

Valiant 09-08-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Lag switch.

I run into on cod a few times.

It could be coincidence also.

ThaVirus 09-08-2013 05:20 PM

What exactly is lag switching anyway?

Mother****erJones 09-08-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9952864)

Ya I've wondered about that

TimBone 09-09-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9948240)

^^^Only plays All Madden difficulty. Adjusts sliders to Pro difficulty.

Consistent1 09-10-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFly (Post 9958597)
^^^Only plays All Madden difficulty. Adjusts sliders to Pro difficulty.

That is what I said too. Play the level you like to play with, but don't try to doctor it up. I have had some dumb shit happen on All Madden like Sanchez just getting on fire and the Jets being unstoppable.

AussieChiefsFan 09-10-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9959479)
That is what I said too. Play the level you like to play with, but don't try to doctor it up. I have had some dumb shit happen on All Madden like Sanchez just getting on fire and the Jets being unstoppable.

All madden can be ridiculous. So often I would have the average RB break like 6 tackles and score a td.

Dayze 09-10-2013 07:48 AM

I broke down and bought this game over the weekend. Traded in a bunch of games and only ended up paying about $39 for it.

Overall I really like it. Keep in mind, I haven't played Madden in probably 6 years so its' 'new' to me and that might be why I liked it so much.

I haven't really dove into it too much however. I'm playing as a "My Player" or whatever that mode is called. I'm 3rd String on the Chiefs as a QB. I think it's smoother than NCAA. I'm hoping to get into it a lot more this weekend. I love the Dynasty mode in NCAA, but a lot of times I don't have the time to really sit down a play for an extended time. I'd like to check out the Franchise mode which I suspect would be somewhat less cumbersome than NCAA and it's recruiting etc. (which gets old very quickly).

Consistent1 09-10-2013 08:10 AM

I was in a bad mood earlier, so I played the All 25's vs St. Louis. Kicked their ass, but got two manual late hits with Watt. lol

Consistent1 09-10-2013 10:35 AM

Ugh, tried to run the score again on All Madden. Played All 25's vs Giants. Of all things David Wilson went nuts. Like over 250 yards and 3 TD's. We both score over 50, but they win.

I am getting playing with Watt down though. Went in for a user sack with him, strip the ball, and Warren Sapp gets around a 25 yard TD out of it. That was hilarious.

Also got a beast user pick 6 with Revis, but they tore Brady up in that game on picks.

This is on 10 minute quarters where it seems like God knows what can happen.

TimBone 09-10-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9959574)
All madden can be ridiculous. So often I would have the average RB break like 6 tackles and score a td.

Haha...yea, it can be ridiculous. It was just funny how the dude made a big deal stating "I only play All Madden," and then went into a long list of all the sliders he changed to make it easier.

The Franchise 09-10-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFly (Post 9959918)
Haha...yea, it can be ridiculous. It was just funny how the dude made a big deal stating "I only play All Madden," and then went into a long list of all the sliders he changed to make it easier.

What's funny....is if you want a more realistic game....you should be playing on the setting before All Madden and then adjust the sliders to make it harder.

Dayze 09-10-2013 11:01 AM

so far for me 'Pro ' Is good for me. I've played 8 minute quarters with accelerated play clock, and my games have been pretty realistic. I play as realistic as I can; chew up clock if I can/need to. Punt when I should etc. And the scores have been pretty good. 20-17, 20-10, etc. I think I've only had one game where it was very lop-sided with a score of like 31-3 etc.

I can't spend a ton of time on the game, and haven't really mastered all the line/LB/CB audibles etc just yet so Pro setting is really good for me. I think the only sliders I've adjusted was holding after playing probably 5 games with zero holding calls on either team.

TimBone 09-10-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9959938)
What's funny....is if you want a more realistic game....you should be playing on the setting before All Madden and then adjust the sliders to make it harder.

I can dig that.

The Franchise 09-10-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFly (Post 9959967)
I can dig that.

All Madden causes the computer to **** you over whenever it wants.

TimBone 09-10-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9959956)
so far for me 'Pro ' Is good for me. I've played 8 minute quarters with accelerated play clock, and my games have been pretty realistic. I play as realistic as I can; chew up clock if I can/need to. Punt when I should etc. And the scores have been pretty good. 20-17, 20-10, etc. I think I've only had one game where it was very lop-sided with a score of like 31-3 etc.

I can't spend a ton of time on the game, and haven't really mastered all the line/LB/CB audibles etc just yet so Pro setting is really good for me. I think the only sliders I've adjusted was holding after playing probably 5 games with zero holding calls on either team.

That's interesting that you added more holding calls. I enjoy that there's less penalties in the game. Keeps the flow going. Especially since you have to wait for the whole cut scene of the ref announcing the call, and then it showing the player and coaches reaction. While we're on that subject, has anybody noticed it takes the other team ages to snap the ball on a play after an injury? Any idea why that would be happening?

As far as game difficulties though, I'm with you. I bounce between Pro and All-Pro. I'm not as good as these other guys.

Dayze 09-10-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFly (Post 9959975)
That's interesting that you added more holding calls. I enjoy that there's less penalties in the game. Keeps the flow going. Especially since you have to wait for the whole cut scene of the ref announcing the call, and then it showing the player and coaches reaction. While we're on that subject, has anybody noticed it takes the other team ages to snap the ball on a play after an injury? Any idea why that would be happening?

As far as game difficulties though, I'm with you. I bounce between Pro and All-Pro. I'm not as good as these other guys.

yeah; I changed it and there are probably 5 a game or so. Primarily did it because I would get sucked into a blocker and could never disengage. I figured screw it, maybe I'll get a holding call or two. not sure if the sliders effect that aspect, but I like to think it does in my own head lol

I agree; I'm not all that good at it, but it's fun.

Consistent1 09-10-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9959968)

Pretty much, but it's fun. Like I said earlier, the David Wilson shit was crazy. I'm playing on the highest level unadjusted, sure. All 25's are almost cheating, but I could not stop them from scoring.

Karma for Wilson I guess. Maybe they have guys at Live sit around stoned and alter the games.

ThaVirus 09-10-2013 11:29 AM

Just played the illest game online.

Kid I was playing used the Saints and I used the Chiefs, of course. Dude was actually very decent on offense; I couldn't stop shit he was doing and he got a couple lucky breaks off of a Knile Davis fumble and an INT on a crossing pattern to Kelce.

So the guy is up 27-13 at half and I'm having all kinds of hell getting his tendencies down. He gets the ball back and scores another TD making it 34-17 mid-3rd quarter. That's when your boy turned it up a notch and decided to take over.

To save you the bullshit, I end up getting up 38-34 after 3 quick TDs and some dominating defense. He gets the ball back with a couple minutes left and is driving. He's deep in my territory but a timely sack puts him at 4th and 25 from about the 35 yard line. The guy chucks up a streak route and I user pick the shit out of it with Sean Smith at about the 2 yard line where my momentum carries me into the endzone and out of bounds..... FOR A SAFETY (they seriously need to fix that bullshit glitch- it happened to me 3 or 4 times on Madden 13).

It's now 38-36 and he's getting the ball back with about 1:30 and no timeouts left. At this point I'm sweating bullets cause there's just no ****ing way I should have even been in that position. Anyway, after Sanders Commings dropped the easiest ****ing INT of his career Brandon Flowers decided to step up and get a pick at about midfield on an out route..

But, man. That was close!

TimBone 09-10-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9959968)

Same as NCAA, I believe. Back when I still used to play that game, I was playing on their toughest difficulty and there was a RB from Notre Dame that I couldn't stop no matter what I did. Stack the box, all put blitzes, didn't matter. He ran for at least 9 yards every play. Made me want to rage.

TimBone 09-10-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9960015)

Kid I was playing used the Saints and I used the Chiefs, of course. Dude was actually very decent on offense; I couldn't stop shit he was doing and he got a couple lucky breaks off of a Knile Davis fumble and an INT on a crossing pattern to Kelce.

So the guy is up 27-13 at half and I'm having all kinds of hell getting his tendencies down. He gets the ball back and scores another TD making it 34-17 mid-3rd quarter. That's when your boy turned it up a notch and decided to take over.

To save you the bullshit, I end up getting up 38-34 after 3 quick TDs and some dominating defense. He gets the ball back with a couple minutes left and is driving. He's deep in my territory but a timely sack puts him at 4th and 25 from about the 35 yard line. The guy chucks up a streak route and I user pick the shit out of it with Sean Smith at about the 2 yard line where my momentum carries me into the endzone and out of bounds..... FOR A SAFETY (they seriously need to fix that bullshit glitch- it happened to me 3 or 4 times on Madden 13).

It's now 38-36 and he's getting the ball back with about 1:30 and no timeouts left. At this point I'm sweating bullets cause there's just no ****ing way I should have even been in that position. Anyway, after Sanders Commings dropped the easiest ****ing INT of his career Brandon Flowers decided to step up and get a pick at about midfield on an out route..

lol...nice! As far as that Int with momentum into the end zone. I could have swore they had that fixed. It happened to me with Flowers a few days ago and I was SURE they were going to call it a safety(like you said, it's been a problem in the past). They got the call right though and gave me a touchback. Sucks to hear the problem isn't ironed out like I believed it was. Once again, nice comeback though.

Quesadilla Joe 09-10-2013 12:20 PM

Madden 25 for $45

PS3

Mav 09-10-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFly (Post 9959918)

nah, you just read it wrong. I wasn't stating it like I was good, and that's why I played on All Madden.

Just that all I had played on madden 25 was all madden. Im very average. But thanks for making me look, and seem like a dick.

ThaVirus 09-10-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFly (Post 9960032)
lol...nice! As far as that Int with momentum into the end zone. I could have swore they had that fixed. It happened to me with Flowers a few days ago and I was SURE they were going to call it a safety(like you said, it's been a problem in the past). They got the call right though and gave me a touchback. Sucks to hear the problem isn't ironed out like I believed it was. Once again, nice comeback though.

I'm really not sure what the deal was. I think next time I just won't touch my controller and let the guy finish the animation or whatever. Maybe because I immediately tried to turn around and stepped out of bounds instead they gave me a safety. If that's the issue then that's bullshit but who knows..

Thig Lyfe 09-12-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9959938)

That's what I'm playing with right now. I want it to be challening, but I don't want ****ing Matt Flynn completing 80% of his passes as he effortlessly marches down the field on my ass drive after drive.

I've bumped up my pass defense, bumped down the CPU's passing, and tried to radically bump down my run blocking... but stretch plays with JC are still too easy. JC is out for the playoffs though, so it won't be so simple. (Although I did manage to get a big game out of Gray earlier in the season.)

Thig Lyfe 09-12-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFly (Post 9959975)

All the cut scenes in this game are ****ing atrocious and take forever to load, but the penalty cut scene is by far the ****ass****ing worst.

That being said, I bumped up the penalties, and it's felt way more real without being excessive.

Thig Lyfe 09-12-2013 01:35 PM

In fact, I'm probably gonna increase PI, too, because I just played an entire regular season without seeing a single pass interference call.

Dayze 09-12-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9966226)
In fact, I'm probably gonna increase PI, too, because I just played an entire regular season without seeing a single pass interference call.

yeah; I had to adjust my penalties too; I think like 5 games w/out a single penalty.

ThaVirus 09-12-2013 02:36 PM

The Broncos are easily the most worthless, piece of shit team in this game. The offense is pretty lethal with the passing game but Peyton's arm is like a limp noodle, the backs all have 86 speed, and the defense is like a wet tissue. Just ****ing worthless..

Oh, and I "lost" two games back-to-back today. Said there was a network error so I got booted and handed an L. Horse shit.

Thig Lyfe 09-12-2013 05:09 PM

Justin Houston tied Watt for the AFC lead in sacks with 15... and didn't make the pro bowl. If you go to stats for the whole NFL, he doesn't even show up.

This game is utterly broken in so many different ways.

Drwbllz 09-13-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9960015)

Made up story. I feel like you would have mentioned the back-to-back safeties if they happened.

AussieChiefsFan 09-13-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drwbllz (Post 9969292)
Made up story. I feel like you would have mentioned the back-to-back safeties if they happened.

I'm guessing he made a typo and actually scored a field goal.

Consistent1 09-13-2013 06:50 AM

I have been playing the Seahawks vs San Fran a lot, tough games, but fun.

ThaVirus 09-13-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drwbllz (Post 9969292)

That's a pretty ill typo. It's tough to remember now but I'm pretty sure it was 27-17 at half, then he got the ball back after halftime and scored another TD making it 34-17 mid-3rd quarter..

Consistent1 09-13-2013 08:52 PM

Just played a pretty crazy game. All 25's vs Dolphins trying to run the score up. Knock Tannehill's ass out of the game and Matt Moore goes wild.

They both were throwing at Deion a lot though, and I got a pick six and and another pick with him.

I thought I would win easy, but ended up only winning 51-38. All Madden is a bitch, but keeps it fun.

Looks like they at least got some roster updates done though.

pr_capone 09-14-2013 02:36 AM

fact: if you are playing against Payton Manning... you are gonna have a bad time. not only because he is good but because that mother ****er is going to have 83 different calls at the line and will run out the play clock EVERY SINGLE ****ING TIME.

AussieChiefsFan 09-14-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9971947)
fact: if you are playing against Payton Manning... you are gonna have a bad time. not only because he is good but because that mother ****er is going to have 83 different calls at the line and will run out the play clock EVERY SINGLE ****ING TIME.

So true. LMAO

Mav 09-14-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9971515)
Just played a pretty crazy game. All 25's vs Dolphins trying to run the score up. Knock Tannehill's ass out of the game and Matt Moore goes wild.

They both were throwing at Deion a lot though, and I got a pick six and and another pick with him.

I thought I would win easy, but ended up only winning 51-38. All Madden is a bitch, but keeps it fun.

Looks like they at least got some roster updates done though.

saw that. They bumped alex smith from 82, to 87, but dropped Houston, from a 92, to a 91 :banghead:

Sent Donny moore a tweet about Alex Smith, and will do one about Houston.

Alex Smiths problem is his playaction is 76. When Matt Barkleys is higher, by A LOT.

Seems like a minor complaint but considering that over the past three years, Alex Smith has been the number one rated passer in the league on playaction, the least they can do if he is going to have a 69 deep ball, they could at LEAST give him a 90 playaction.

ThaVirus 09-24-2013 12:46 AM

I've been losing a lot of games lately because I just can't stop anybody. Playing good defense in this game is really tough...

They also had a roster update and Poe jumped from a 78 to an 81. I'm not sure why but I was expecting more. Anyway, hopefully he continues to play well. It'll be much easier to stop the run with him rocking a 90+ overall.

Mav 09-24-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10014352)
I've been losing a lot of games lately because I just can't stop anybody. Playing good defense in this game is really tough...

They also had a roster update and Poe jumped from a 78 to an 81. I'm not sure why but I was expecting more. Anyway, hopefully he continues to play well. It'll be much easier to stop the run with him rocking a 90+ overall.

They are going to be patching it soon. The defense is non existent. And the reason that Poe isn't given the jump he deserves because Moore refuses to give the proper jumps too soon at the risk of them degressing. it will be continual all year.

Consistent1 09-24-2013 03:57 AM

And now the servers are going to be down on Live. lol

Consistent1 09-25-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10014352)

The defense thing is erratic too. There are times when I can get a bunch of sweet user plays, shut down a good team, and the next game some other worse team lights it up despite anything I try.

lcarus 09-25-2013 06:35 PM

If we're talking about player ratings, I've always felt Dustin Colquitt gets the shaft every damn year. Hell, even Britton has a better rating I believe. Colquitt should be a 95+ punter.

ThaVirus 09-25-2013 10:10 PM

I decided to play a quick game against the computer on all-madden before I took my girl out for her birthday dinner. Got about 1 minute and 30 seconds in before Blaine Gabbert trucked Derrick Johnson and shrugged off Dontari Poe on the way to a 15 yard TD run.

That shit is completely unacceptable and ill never play another game against the computer.

lcarus 09-25-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9946344)
This game is worse than Madden 13. Crazy how they can take recycled garbage and make it worse.

I agree. For the few things they did better than 13, such as some newer better animations with catching and tackling, there are aspects that are so much worse. My biggest complaint with this game is the defense. It's non-existent. I've been playing Madden for almost 20 years. Defense has always been my strong point. I always play on All Madden. This year I just can't stop the computer. My cousin and I always start an online franchise and take different teams. One from AFC and one from NFC. I took Seattle and their defense is beast when you look at the ratings. But I still can't stop the computer. DEREK ANDERSON lit me up. Like 93% completion. I didn't even know that ****er was still in the NFL. It's complete bullshit. Even when I get an instant pass rush the QB just fires it to a receiver who is open by 10 yards. It's crap. I'm not messing around with "sliders" to fix their broken product. I've been a Madden guy for a long time but no more. We need a different developer desperately.

lcarus 09-25-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10020052)
I decided to play a quick game against the computer on all-madden before I took my girl out for her birthday dinner. Got about 1 minute and 30 seconds in before Blaine Gabbert trucked Derrick Johnson and shrugged off Dontari Poe on the way to a 15 yard TD run.

That shit is completely unacceptable and ill never play another game against the computer.

Yeah that's another thing that's broken. The computer breaks 9 tackles on every play. Doesn't matter how good of a tackler you have. Every scrub looks like Jerome Bettis on every play just about.

KCrockaholic 09-25-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10019491)
If we're talking about player ratings, I've always felt Dustin Colquitt gets the shaft every damn year. Hell, even Britton has a better rating I believe. Colquitt should be a 95+ punter.

Ability to place a ball and have it bounce and stick inside the 10 yard line is not a Madden trait. You punt the ball 40 yards, it will always bounce and roll directly forwards.

Mav 09-25-2013 11:23 PM

Does this happen to anyone else?

When ever I run the hook routes, my receiver always goes flying back towards the direction of the oline, and when ever I pick it off, no matter which way im facing, the guy always goes opposite a few steps of the way he should be running?

KCrockaholic 09-25-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10020226)
Does this happen to anyone else?

When ever I run the hook routes, my receiver always goes flying back towards the direction of the oline, and when ever I pick it off, no matter which way im facing, the guy always goes opposite a few steps of the way he should be running?

The receiver thing sounds like the WR running back towards the QB to gain separation. The interception thing Madden almost got right this year. And then they did that. Good one EA.

Mav 09-25-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 10020237)
The receiver thing sounds like the WR running back towards the QB to gain separation. The interception thing Madden almost got right this year. And then they did that. Good one EA.

I guess I worded it wrong. No, my receiver catches the ball, and his first few steps, are back towards the line of scrimmage, no matter if there is a guy there or not. Just doesn't feel natural.

KCrockaholic 09-25-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10020243)
I guess I worded it wrong. No, my receiver catches the ball, and his first few steps, are back towards the line of scrimmage, no matter if there is a guy there or not. Just doesn't feel natural.

Oh. Yeah that's just Madden being Madden. I attempt to counteract this by throwing to the inside or outside shoulders. Makes them have to adjust their body because if the ball is throw right at them it's like they want to go running back.