ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy blames himself, not Alex, for Chiefs' sputtering offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277519)

Jakemall 10-17-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10093253)
Save the 40 yard bomb against Ten among a couple others

Didn't happen. Didn't you read? He's not physically capable of throwing the ball that far.

Jakemall 10-17-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10093057)
Alex Smith has the good fortune of playing with the #1 defense.

He almost never has to play from behind.

If he did, I have a feeling we'd see a far more turnover prone QB. Right now he has the luxury of almost never having to fit the ball into a tight window when the team really needs it. He basically sat around with his thumb up his ass last game apart from one drive.

Shit, he's already had 6-7 INTs dropped this year. Those are going to be secured if he keeps it up.

Are we limiting this comment to this year only?

The Franchise 10-17-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10093707)

Are we allowed to include the 6 years that he completely ****ing sucked?

ChiefsCountry 10-17-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 10093245)
links?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...50&postcount=3

warrior 10-17-2013 11:55 AM

Are we allowing the 6 to 7 dropped touchdowns they were almost to.

Rausch 10-17-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10093707)

No, go ahead and throw out your completely irrelevant playoff stats now...

Mav 10-17-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10093742)

Don't need to.

For the most part, since Jim Harbaugh took over in SF, the 49ers rarely trailed by more than one score. And if they did, with the exception of Philly in 2011, the 49ers lost.

The point is, that with Alex Smith at qb, you are rarely trailing by more than a TD.

That's pretty much common knowledge.

Mav 10-17-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10093072)
Of course. You'd have to either be trolling or completely delusional to suggest differently. It's him, Coach K, and Cal at the top of college basketball right now and it likely will remain that way until they retire/move on to the NBA.

Roy is in that conversation. And I don't think Cal is that great of a coach. he has a platinum tongue.....

mattschiefs 10-17-2013 12:03 PM

Things the Smith haters don't want to talk about

When you look at his numbers Smith hasn't been nearly as bad as some think. What's not getting talked about is what he has done with his legs. When you take his rushing yards into account he has gone over 300 yards twice this year already. And even with the Horrible outing against the Raiders he is averaging over 250 yards a game. He has not been that bad. He had a horrible game against Oakland that people are jumping on. But overall he has had more good games then bad

Rausch 10-17-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10093753)
Don't need to.

For the most part, since Jim Harbaugh took over in SF, the 49ers rarely trailed by more than one score. And if they did, with the exception of Philly in 2011, the 49ers lost.

Comforting...

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-17-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattschiefs (Post 10093770)
Things the Smith haters don't want to talk about

When you look at his numbers Smith hasn't been nearly as bad as some think. What's not getting talked about is what he has done with his legs. When you take his rushing yards into account he has gone over 300 yards twice this year already. And even with the Horrible outing against the Raiders he is averaging over 250 yards a game. He has not been that bad. He had a horrible game against Oakland that people are jumping on. But overall he has had more good games then bad

Yeahsssss, let's hope he runs some more/WAP!LMAO

Marcellus 10-17-2013 12:11 PM

I wish we had a QB who could get us down 17 points then bring us back.

That's a real team!

Its ****ing ridiculous we haven't gotten more than 10 points down this season and came back from it.

Maybe if we are lucky the Texans can get a 14 point lead on us and we can come back from that, that would be awesome.

I really hope so I will be at the game rooting for the Texans to score first so we can come from waaayyy behind like real teams do!

warrior 10-17-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10093797)

That's a real team!

Its ****ing ridiculous we haven't gotten more than 10 points down this season and came back from it.

Maybe if we are lucky the Texans can get a 14 point lead on us and we can come back from that, that would be awesome.

I really hope so I will be at the game rooting for the Texans to score first so we can come from waaayyy behind like real teams do!

Hey blame that crap on the defense :D

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-17-2013 12:15 PM

I wish we had a QB that could match the production of the defense by even 2/3'rds!

That's a balanced team!

It's just ****ing LOVELY watching possession after possession go three and out!

May be if we're lucky, we'll have the highest scoring defense and special teams unit in the ENTIRE ****ING HISTORY OF THE NFL SINCE IT'S GODDAMNED, ****ING INCEPTION!

SUPER BOWL, BITCHES! 16-0!

-King- 10-17-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

That's a real team!

LMAO

mattschiefs 10-17-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior (Post 10093798)
Hey blame that crap on the defense :D

It must be blamed on Smith. I mean it should be his job to get down by 14 points every week. The first two offensive plays should be him handing the ball to defenders and allowing them to score. That's what real qbs do

Jakemall 10-17-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10093714)
Are we allowed to include the 6 years that he completely ****ing sucked?

Sure. Not that it will help you in this particular discussion... Especially when you look at what results were obtained from 3 other QBs while he was on IR or out injured.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-17-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattschiefs (Post 10093811)
It must be blamed on Smith. I mean it should be his job to get down by 14 points every week. The first two offensive plays should be him handing the ball to defenders and allowing them to score. That's what real qbs do

Or, OR; how's about matching or....holy shit...EXCEEDING the defense in creating points!

Nah, that would be arena ball/Herm-a-Derp Lil' Chiefy

Jakemall 10-17-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10093742)

Actually, I was going to mention his 6 comeback wins in 2011. Nothing related to the play-offs.

Jakemall 10-17-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10093753)
Don't need to.

The point is, that with Alex Smith at qb, you are rarely trailing by more than a TD.

That's pretty much common knowledge.

I disagree. 6 comebacks in 2011. Only 1 comeback in 2012 vs Seattle.

Ace Gunner 10-17-2013 12:33 PM

REAL NFL QB's come from 32 points behind FTW
http://www.oocities.org/bflobuzrd_2000/reich.jpg

The Franchise 10-17-2013 12:38 PM

I'm not bitching that he hasn't done it for us yet. I'm simply wondering if he has it in him. The way that Smith and this offense have been in the first 6 games.....isn't going to end well with this remaining schedule.

DaneMcCloud 10-17-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

That's a real team!

LMAO

JENKINSWINS 10-17-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

That's a real team!

ROFL

DaneMcCloud 10-17-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10093846)
The way that Smith and this offense have been in the first 6 games.....isn't going to end well with this remaining schedule.

The defense isn't going to suddenly drop off a cliff. If someone is going to project that, they might as well say that Denver's offense is going to drop off a cliff.

Who's comfortable with saying that?

Andy Reid and Brad Childress have decades long history of successful offenses. They're scoring nearly 20 points a game. They haven't needed a defensive score to win any game. The Cowboys game was 17-16 and it wouldn't have been that close had it not been for the block FG attempt.

This team will likely experience growing pains through the Bye week. They're not going 16-0 and they will lose games.

But they'll also continue to win games due to their defense and with that defense, 20 points a game will be enough to win the majority of the remaining games.

Mav 10-17-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10093800)
I wish we had a QB that could match the production of the defense by even 2/3'rds!

That's a balanced team!

It's just ****ing LOVELY watching possession after possession go three and out!

May be if we're lucky, we'll have the highest scoring defense and special teams unit in the ENTIRE ****ING HISTORY OF THE NFL SINCE IT'S GODDAMNED, ****ING INCEPTION!

SUPER BOWL, BITCHES! 16-0!

Even for you, this is over the top brother.

The talent is on the defense. I would take an offense that can match a little over 1/3rd at this point.

The defense is so effing dominant.

its impossible in this day and age to have an offense and defense as dominant as this one is.

its scary dominant. imagine like we talked about before, if they could be as physical as that 2000 ravens team.

I mean, its that good. The worst players on the defense base set, is Lewis, and Jordan. And JORDAN is a lot better than anyone including myself thought.

And lewis has been okay. I like Abdullah better though.

Mav 10-17-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10093828)
I disagree. 6 comebacks in 2011. Only 1 comeback in 2012 vs Seattle.

Please re read it.

By MORE than one score.

That was the only game that year, that he had to come down from more than one score.

I know that if the game is close, Alex Smith can bring the team back. people are talking about from multiple scores.

like 8+ points.

Mav 10-17-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10093846)
I'm not bitching that he hasn't done it for us yet. I'm simply wondering if he has it in him. The way that Smith and this offense have been in the first 6 games.....isn't going to end well with this remaining schedule.

Incorrect. The cowboys put up over 40 on the broncos, but only managed 16 on the chiefs. The Giants can score at will, and got 7.

Teams don't score against the Chiefs. It may happen once or twice where a team gets 28 points, but its not going to be a consistent thing.

Oh, and I don't think that we will see the offense play that poorly again. It really cant. That was just, ewww.

Easy 6 10-17-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10093054)
Alex Smith is a very big reason as to why the defense is what it is.

If the past two years in San Francisco didn't show you that, look at weeks two, and three for the 49ers this year, who tried to OPEN UP THE OFFENSE, and look how pitiful the defense looked.

Alex Smiths limitations aside. His ability to not turn the ball over, and to not put the defense in a position so they have to defend the short field, is A BIG REASON this defense is so special.

Axl has been giving me a hairlip of late, but thats ALL true... i think some people forget the symbiotic relationship between offense and defense.

"Dont **** me over, and i've got your back"

Tombstone RJ 10-17-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10091000)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. --
Reid knows what kind of team he has. He knows, outside of Jamaal Charles and at times Dwayne Bowe, he doesn't have an explosive offense. He also knows he does get explosive diarrhea after eating KC's famous Spicy BBQ Beefy Bean Burritos. So he's got that going for him.

;)

Easy 6 10-17-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10094367)
;)

Care to add something that means anything ;)

Tombstone RJ 10-17-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10094374)
Care to add something that means anything ;)

well, have you had one of those burritos? Once you go spicey, you never go back!

Jakemall 10-17-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10094149)
Please re read it.

By MORE than one score.

That was the only game that year, that he had to come down from more than one score.

I know that if the game is close, Alex Smith can bring the team back. people are talking about from multiple scores.

like 8+ points.

Fair enough. I think the Eagles game was the only one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10094159)
Incorrect. The cowboys put up over 40 on the broncos, but only managed 16 on the chiefs. The Giants can score at will, and got 7.

Teams don't score against the Chiefs. It may happen once or twice where a team gets 28 points, but its not going to be a consistent thing.

Oh, and I don't think that we will see the offense play that poorly again. It really cant. That was just, ewww.

I agree this defense isn't suddenly going to start giving up points. The offense should get better...having a "dip" in performance is fairly normal even when getting better. Not too worried about the offense just yet.

Easy 6 10-17-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10094382)
well, have you had one of those burritos? Once you go spicey, you never go back!

Yet more meaningless, useless drivel, is there anything you're good at besides servicing truckers at the rest stop?

Tombstone RJ 10-17-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10094425)
Yet more meaningless, useless drivel, is there anything you're good at besides servicing truckers at the rest stop?

I've tried to talk football around here and it's kind of pointless. Mainly because of morons like yourself who don't know anything about the game.

so it's difficult, yah know? Besides, most people on the planet have a sense of humor. Except for you. You're better at being a loser.

:doh!:

DaneMcCloud 10-17-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10093819)
Or, OR; how's about matching or....holy shit...EXCEEDING the defense in creating points!

Nah, that would be arena ball/Herm-a-Derp Lil' Chiefy

In which week has the defense outscored the offense in points this season?

Easy 6 10-17-2013 04:08 PM

Okie dokie LMAO

Back to the mange, mang

keg in kc 10-17-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10094444)
In which week has the defense outscored the offense in points this season?

How often has the offense been able to generate points without being handed the ball in plus territory? Not just TDs, but FGs as well. The defense has had an enormous impact on the Chiefs scoring even when they didn't take the ball into the end zone themselves.

DaneMcCloud 10-17-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10094456)
How often has the offense been able to generate points without being handed the ball in plus territory? Not just TDs, but FGs as well. The defense has had an enormous impact on the Chiefs scoring even when they didn't take the ball into the end zone themselves.

I'd need to go back and re-read game logs to give you exact instances but there have been several scoring drives of 80 yards or more.

The Franchise 10-17-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10094465)
I'd need to go back and re-read game logs to give you exact instances but there have been several scoring drives of 80 yards or more.

vs. Raiders

13 total drives. 3 scoring drives.
A TD starting out our own 45.
A TD starting from the Raiders 23.
A FG starting from the Raiders 29

vs. Titans

13 total drives. 5 scoring drives.
A FG starting from our own 36.
A FG starting from our own 1
A TD starting from our own 34
A FG starting from their 33
A FG starting from their 33.

vs. Eagles

13 total drives. 5 scoring drives.
A FG starting from their 48.
A FG starting from our own 18.
A FG starting from our own 39.
A TD starting from our own 38.
A FG starting from our own 5.

vs. Giants

13 Total Drives. 5 scoring drives.
A TD starting from our own 2.
A FG starting from our own 36.
A TD starting from their 30
A TD starting from our own 10.
A TD starting from their 35.

vs. Jaguars

12 Total Drives. 3 scoring drives.
A TD starting from their 24.
A TD starting from their 21
A TD starting from our own 43.

vs. Cowboys

11 Total Drives. 3 scoring drives
A TD starting from our own 23.
A TD starting from our own 20.
A FG starting from their 31.

The Franchise 10-17-2013 04:41 PM

6 games.

75 total drives.
24 scoring drives.
Starting on opponent's side of field - 10
Starting on our side of the field - 14

Marcellus 10-17-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10094514)
6 games.

75 total drives.
24 scoring drives.
Starting on opponent's side of field - 10
Starting on our side of the field - 14

Yea this doesn't exactly prove Keg's point.

And what is the offense supposed to do when they get the ball in good field position anyway? Bitch at the defense because they dont get to rack up yards before scoring?

The article about the defense stated teams had better statistical chance of turning the ball over than driving for a FG on any given drive. That is going to result in good field position.

People act like every time we get the ball at our 20 we go 3 and out and that's just bullshit.

keg in kc 10-17-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10094465)

I can do that for you.

They had one 8 play drive against Jacksonville, which began on their own 43 and ended in a TD. 57 yards. Longest drive of the day in both plays and yardage. They were handed the ball three times in Jags territory, resulting in 2 TDs and a punt.

The first drive of the Cowboys game went 77 yards for a TD, and the final drive of the third quarter went 80 yards for a TD. They were handed the ball 3 times in Dallas territory, which resulted in two punts and a field goal.

There were two 4th quarter drives against the Eagles that ran 62 and 75 yards for a combined 10 points. There was a 69-yard drive earlier in the game for a FG as well. They were also handed the ball 5 times in Philadelphia territory that day (and a 6th time at their own 45 yard line) but only managed to score one field goal.

There were two extended drives against the Giants, one 98, one 80, both resulting in touchdowns. They were handed the ball three times in Giants territory, which resulted in a fumble, an interception and a touchdown.

They had one 10-play 94 yard drive against the Titans which resulted in a field goal. They also had a 10-play 66 yard drive that ended in a TD. They were handed the ball twice in Titans territory, which resulted in two field goals.

They had two 9 play drives against Oakland, one produced 38 yards and a punt, the other 57 yards and Avery's fumble. Nothing even close to 80 yards in that game. They were handed the ball twice in Oakland territory, resulting in 10 points. They also scored a TD on a 55-yard drive, which could go either way; handed the ball on their own 45, but drove 55...

In any case, now that I look, it's actually worse than I thought. They're not consistently driving the ball, and they're not consistently taking advantage of the opportunities the defense gives them. 18 possessions beginning in plus territory in 6 weeks (not counting another pair that started at the 45), and they've totaled 4 TD, 5 FG, and 9 punts or turnovers.

As far as 80-yard drives go, there were 4. Total. 6 if you count the 70s. In 6 weeks. So one per game.

The Franchise 10-17-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10094536)
Yea this doesn't exactly prove your point.

And what is the offense supposed to do when they get the ball in good field position anyway? Bitch at the defense because they dont get to rck up yards before scoring?

The article about the defense stated teams had better statistical chance of turning the ball over than driving for a FG on any given drive. That is going to result in good field position.

People act like every time we get the ball at our 20 we go 3 and out and that's just bullshit.

And where exactly was this my point? I was doing the research. My question was if Alex Smith could lead this team from behind if they were down more than one score.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-17-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

That's a real team!

Haha. This place cracks me up sometimes ROFL

OnTheWarpath15 10-17-2013 04:52 PM

So in other words, 40% of our offensive points are coming on drives that started on the opponent's side of the field.

The Franchise 10-17-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10094546)
So in other words, 40% of our offensive points are coming on drives that started on the opponent's side of the field.

I'm more worried that we're only scoring on 32% of our drives.

OnTheWarpath15 10-17-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10094538)
I can do that for you.

They had one 8 play drive against Jacksonville, which began on their own 43 and ended in a TD. 57 yards. Longest drive of the day in both plays and yardage. They were handed the ball three times in Jags territory, resulting in 2 TDs and a punt.

The first drive of the Cowboys game went 77 yards for a TD, and the final drive of the third quarter went 80 yards for a TD. They were handed the ball 3 times in Dallas territory, which resulted in two punts and a field goal.

There were two 4th quarter drives against the Eagles that ran 62 and 75 yards for a combined 10 points. There was a 69-yard drive earlier in the game for a FG as well. They were also handed the ball 5 times in Philadelphia territory that day (and a 6th time at their own 45 yard line) but only managed to score one field goal.

There were two extended drives against the Giants, one 98, one 80, both resulting in touchdowns. They were handed the ball three times in Giants territory, which resulted in a fumble, an interception and a touchdown.

They had one 10-play 94 yard drive against the Titans which resulted in a field goal. They also had a 10-play 66 yard drive that ended in a TD. They were handed the ball twice in Titans territory, which resulted in two field goals.

They had two 9 play drives against Oakland, one produced 38 yards and a punt, the other 57 yards and Avery's fumble. Nothing even close to 80 yards in that game. They were handed the ball twice in Oakland territory, resulting in 10 points. They also scored a TD on a 55-yard drive, which could go either way; handed the ball on their own 45, but drove 55...

In any case, now that I look, it's actually worse than I thought. They're not consistently driving the ball, and they're not consistently taking advantage of the opportunities the defense gives them. 18 possessions beginning in plus territory in 6 weeks (not counting another pair that started at the 45), and they've totaled 4 TD, 5 FG, and 9 punts or turnovers.

As far as 80-yard drives go, there were 4. Total. 6 if you count the 70s. In 6 weeks. So one per game.

Wow.

The Franchise 10-17-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10094538)
I can do that for you.

My research was better. Damn Wolverine fans.

Marcellus 10-17-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10094541)
And where exactly was this my point? I was doing the research. My question was if Alex Smith could lead this team from behind if they were down more than one score.

Sorry I had went back and corrected that to Keg not you.

Marcellus 10-17-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Thats going to happen when you lead the league in starting field position.

Do they need to score more point? Yes.

Stating its odd we score 40% when we have a short field is also an indication of how often that happens.

O.city 10-17-2013 05:04 PM

I don't think this is anything we didn't know. With this defense, put a top 15 ish offense on the field that can score 23 ppg and average a few more good drives per game and were unbeatable.

But it needs to happen quick

DaneMcCloud 10-17-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10094588)
I don't think this is anything we didn't know. With this defense, put a top 15 ish offense on the field that can score 23 ppg and average a few more good drives per game and were unbeatable.

But it needs to happen quick

Why does it need to happen "quick"?

The Texans offense is awful and the Browns and Bills aren't much better, if better at all.

Are people actually worried that the Chiefs might lose a game or four?

keg in kc 10-17-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10094536)

Instead of the 20, I'll use our 35. Else we'd be limited to drives starting from touchbacks or worse.

Jags

22: 3 plays, 3 yards, safety, 1:03
32: 6 plays, 17 yards, 1 first down, punt, 2:58
24: 6 plays, 10 yards, 1 first down, punt, 3:24
17: 6 plays, 21 yards, 1 first down, punt, 1:51
20: 5 plays, 34 yards, 2 first downs, punt, 3:09
35: 7 plays, 25 yards, 2 first downs, punt, 4:14
15: 3 plays, 3 yards, punt, 1:00
20: 4 plays, 33 yards, 1 first down, punt, 3:08
3: 2 plays, end of game, :41

Cowboys

23: 13 plays, 77 yards, 6 first downs, touchdown, 6:47
20: 3 plays, 9 yards, punt, 1:06
20: 4 plays, 27 yards, 1 first down, punt, 1:25
15: 11 plays, 46 yards, 3 first downs, blocked FG, 1:40
20: 10 plays, 80 yards, 5 first downs, touchdown, 4:01
16: 8 plays, 38 yards, 3 first downs, punt, 3:34

Eagles

33: 5 plays, 20 yards, 1 first down, punt, 2:07
20: 6 plays, 19 yards, 1 first down, punt, 3:19
18: 8 plays, 69 yards, 2 first downs, field goal, 3:07
33: 5 plays, 23 yards, 1 first down, end of half, :56
13: 5 plays, 21 yards, 1 first down, punt, 3:12
5: 15 plays, 75 yards, 5 first downs, touchdown, 8:15

Giants

18: 6 plays, 23 yards, 1 first down, punt, 3:00
34: 3 plays, 5 yards, punt, 2:07
2: 11 plays, 98 yards, 7 first downs, touchdown, 5:38
20: 9 plays, 33 yards, 2 first downs, punt, 4:34
34: kneel down, end of half, :02
35: 5 plays, 16 yards, 1 first down, interception, 2:02
20: 4 plays, 24 yards, 1 first down, punt, 2:16
30: 3 plays, 6 yards, punt, 1:02
20: 14 plays, 80 yards, 6 first downs, touchdown, 9:17

Tennessee

20: 8 plays, 18 yards, 3 first downs, punt, 3:20
21: 5 plays, 33 yards, 1 first down, punt, 2:56
9: 6 plays, 18 yards, 1 first down, punt, 3:19
31: 3 plays, 17 yards, fumble, 1:34
14: 3 plays, -2 yards, punt, 1:15
1: 10 plays, 94 yards, 4 first downs, field goal, 4:00

Oakland

20: 6 plays, 13 yards, 1 first down, punt, 3:28
33: 3 plays, -12 yards, punt, 1;18
20: 9 plays, 38 yards, 3 first downs, punt, 3:51
20: 5 plays, 19 yards, 1 first down, punt, 2:43
22: 3 plays, 7 yards, end of half, :42
34: 9 plays, 57 yards, 3 1st downs, fumble, 5:04
28: 3 plays, 6 yards, punt, 0:52
18: 3 plays, 4 yards, punt, 1:42

keg in kc 10-17-2013 05:36 PM

td; dr

44 drives starting inside our own 35

5 last 5 minutes or more
7 end in scores (5 TD, 2 FG)
7 cover 50 yards or more
23 last 3 minutes or less
26 cover 25 yards or less
32 end in punts or turnovers
33 include 2 first downs or less

Mav 10-17-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10094596)
Why does it need to happen "quick"?

The Texans offense is awful and the Browns and Bills aren't much better, if better at all.

Are people actually worried that the Chiefs might lose a game or four?

The oline and play makers are better.

But, the qbs are about the same. Brandon Weeden is down right pitiful.

Mav 10-17-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10094552)
I'm more worried that we're only scoring on 32% of our drives.

Both of these have to be rectified. I wont say immediately, but they should be getting progressively better, not worse.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-17-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10094701)

I still can't believe you said the Brownies win 11 plus with Hoyer ROFL

DaneMcCloud 10-17-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10094701)

And the game is at Arrowhead, which definitely helps

Mav 10-17-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10094705)
I still can't believe you said the Brownies win 11 plus with Hoyer ROFL

They were 3-0 in games he started. I believe I said that if he had started the season too.

I believe they could of won 8, or 9 with him.

It wasn't that far fetched. Their defense is very good, a little bit below the Chiefs, cause the secondary isn't as good, and their offense with Hoyer was better than the Chiefs currently. It wasn't that far fetched.

Now? The browns win 6 games, and ill be stunned.

Mav 10-17-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10094716)
And the game is at Arrowhead, which definitely helps

Definitely pulling for the Chiefs.

If POE, Houston, Hali, DeVito wanna have a 53 car pile up on Brandon older than dirt mcgirt Weeden, that's fine by me.

Easy 6 10-17-2013 06:34 PM

STOP... the browns talk, the texans game sounds great, lets just play them one at a time.

Ace Gunner 10-17-2013 06:43 PM

on topic -- Reid needs to call stretch plays for Jamaal to turn that corner and do what he does so well and he needs to get the OL to block long enough so that Bowe can run those deep/middle cross routes he is so good at.

Psyko Tek 10-17-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10091020)
Avery is a good enough 2.

Hemmingway needs to overtake Dexter in the slot for the most part. The offensive skill positions aren't as dearth as some make it out to be. We aren't the Broncos in terms of skill guys, but theres talent there. It's all about finding the mismatches and capitalizing when they are found.

with the oline sucking harder than a black hole
we do not know
how good the receivers are

and who is this fasano I keep hearing about

Marcellus 10-17-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10094678)
td; dr

44 drives starting inside our own 35

5 last 5 minutes or more
7 end in scores (5 TD, 2 FG)
7 cover 50 yards or more
23 last 3 minutes or less
26 cover 25 yards or less
32 end in punts or turnovers
33 include 2 first downs or less

44 drives, 9 of them 3 and outs. 20%.

Did you even read the stats you posted?

We need to score more I dont dispute that but we usually move the ball and at the worst end up screwing the other team in field position which our defense then turns into a field position advantage for us.

Yes we need to improve, yes Smith needs to play better along with the OL and WR.

I think our biggest issue has been stalled drives due to penalties and negative plays. We seem to move the ball reasonably well, not great but reasonably well, and then stall out.

I dont think its the dumpster fire its being made out to be.

milkman 10-17-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10095104)
44 drives, 9 of them 3 and outs. 20%.

We need to score more I dont dispute that but we usually move the ball and at the worst end up screwing the other team in field position which our defense then turns into a field position advantage for us.

Yes we need to improve, yes Smith needs to play better along with the OL and WR.

I think our biggest issue has been stalled drives due to penalties and negative plays. We seem to move the ball reasonably well, not great but reasonably well, and then stall out.

I dont think its the dumpster fire its being made out to be.

33 of 44 drives include 2 or fewer first downs, and you believe that is moving the ball reasonably well?

Marcellus 10-17-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10095190)
33 of 44 drives include 2 or fewer first downs, and you believe that is moving the ball reasonably well?

Whats the average number of 1st downs per drive in the NFL?

Edit: I looked it up and its interesting. Yea we are bad on yards and points per drive. The defense is making up the difference. We are top 10 in NET yards a drive but thats because the defense ranks so high.

I still think penalties and negative plays are the biggest issue.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

Hammock Parties 10-17-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10095204)
Whats the average number of 1st downs per drive in the NFL?

Dude, you need to stop reaching for reasons to excuse our awful offense.

We are 26th in yards per play, 27th in third down conversions and 28th in net yards gained per pass attempt.

There is no sugar coating this shit show.

Pablo 10-17-2013 09:07 PM

Marcellus doesn't even understand what he's watching.

LMAO

Marcellus 10-17-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10095242)
Dude, you need to stop reaching for reasons to excuse our awful offense.

We are 26th in yards per play, 27th in third down conversions and 28th in net yards gained per pass attempt.

There is no sugar coating this shit show.

We are 16th in 3 and outs, 11th in RZ scoring, and 3rd in average lead.

I have said 50 ****ing times we need to play better on offense but keep up with your shit.

Marcellus 10-17-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10095250)
Marcellus doesn't even understand what he's watching.

LMAO

What part of we need to play better on offense is confusing? I have stated that several times. I just dont think its as bad as some are making out.

We have OL issues, we have penalty issue, we WR that dont get open and we have a QB that isn't good enough to overcome the other 3.

We aren't changing QB's so what are the options?

This isn't difficult but please keep telling me I dont get what I am seeing.

I cant see Fisher being the biggest revolving door we have had at RT since I65.

I cant see that the OL has knack for inopportune penalties.

I have said all along while supporting Smith that he isnt going to carry the team, I just expected the OL to be a ton better than this.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-17-2013 09:13 PM

I demand 21 pts a game, starting this week.

Do it.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10095251)
We are 16th in 3 and outs, 11th in RZ scoring, and 3rd in average lead.

I have said 50 ****ing times we need to play better on offense but keep up with your shit.

Who cares? The offense had TWO DRIVES WORTH A SHIT last game.

This has been going on for awhile.

Stop making this complicated. The offense ****ing sucks, and it's primarily because the passing offense is a dumpster fire.

O.city 10-17-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10095274)

Stop making this complicated. The offense ****ing sucks, and it's primarily because the passing offense is a dumpster fire.

And that's all on Alex smith?

Have you paid your daily compliment to mav today btw?

Marcellus 10-17-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10095274)

Sorry you cant keep up with complicated discussion.

Its more than the QB though he has had his role.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-17-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10095280)
And that's all on Alex smith?

Have you paid your daily compliment to mav today btw?

They're not gelling as a unit.

keg in kc 10-17-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10095104)

Do you have any capacity at all to limit a discussion to the topic, without throwing in some snotty line about another poster?

As far as the rest of your comment goes, there's no way that I can characterize an offense that ranks 25th in yards per game, 26th in yards per play and 27th in third down percentage as a unit that "usually moves the ball".

(As far as first down frequency goes, I don't have a specific number for that, but as far as number of first downs per game, they're 21st in the league. Despite being 9th in the league in total offensive plays. I would tend to think that indicates a low frequency.)

Marcellus 10-17-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10095288)
Do you have any capacity at all to limit a discussion to the topic, without throwing in some snotty line about another poster?

As far as the rest of your comment goes, there's no way that I can characterize an offense that ranks 25th in yards per game, 26th in yards per play and 27th in third down percentage as a unit that "usually moves the ball".

(As far as first down frequency goes, I don't have a specific number for that, but as far as number of first downs per game, they're 21st in the league. Despite being 9th in the league in total offensive plays. I would tend to think that indicates a low frequency.)

We are 16th in 3 and outs. We move the ball then stall. Move the ball then stall. For several reasons.

As I have stated many many times, yes we need to play better on offense but its a number of issues.

And honestly I blame Reid because there are too many issues. OL, QB, play calling, and WR, in that order IMO.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10095308)
We are 16th in 3 and outs. We move the ball then stall. Move the ball then stall. For several reasons.
O.

We don't move the ball.

Yards per play is the defining statistic for offenses.

26th = nope.

Marcellus 10-17-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10095329)
We don't move the ball.

Yards per play is the defining statistic for offenses.

26th = nope.

For someone who is constantly wrong you sure are full of yourself.