ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Evolution of the Planet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279686)

ChiefsCountry 12-18-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10290912)
Now I miss Mecca :(

He is still around, just posts in Royals thread mainly.

Coach 12-18-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10290880)
Bingo.

I've disagreed with people who the newer folk would say are "on my side" repeatedly over the years.

Hamas and I butted heads regularly.

Mecca and I butted heads regularly.

I don't always agree with some of my best friends IRL on this board - Phobia, Flopnuts, Pestilence, Monty, TinyEvel.

Christ, DJ'sLeftNut and I have been going at it for a day and a half.

You know why it rarely if ever gets ugly?

Because when we discuss ball, we don't just throw shit out there all willy-nilly hoping it sticks. We back up our opinions with facts, stats and evidence.

I can respect someone's opinion when they can back it up.

I think it's hard for me and many other old-timers to respect opinions that are chock full of excuses and whose foundation is built on "I think" or "do you work in the NFL" or "PIOLI!"

Indeed. You and I have met once, and we had several discussions on here, and I also have somewhat butted heads with Phil, Mecca, Hamas, and some others, and I never met Mecca, Hamas, and Iowanian, but I always come to respect their view points, even if I disagreed with them, I wouldn't resort into personal name calling or attacking the poster in general.

I always try to put out evidence by stats, quotes, whatever I can do to support my argument (or another poster's argument) or attack their POST (not the individual) and if I was wrong by either being called on it, and me double checking my information, or someone provides a new updated/fresh/recent information over mine, I would compare it and see if I feel that I am right or wrong.

If I feel that I'm right, I will continue to respectfully disagree with their viewpoint and explain my thoughts on it as best as I can. If I am wrong, then I man up, admit it, and move on.

Like the discussion you and DJ's Left Nut, that's the type of posts this board is severely lacking these days. Constructed good solid arguments on both sides.

burt 12-18-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10290923)
You can't ignore the fact that it has turned into a less enjoyable place or act like some of what goes on here is OK. There is some crap that goes on here that shouldn't....and we look the other way because we don't want to actually make people act halfway decent in here.

I agree with something Rausch said in the other thread....people seemed more civil when you knew someone. You met them at the game, they became a face with a voice and you acted better when talking to them.

Now most of this place is just internet personas created by people, who contrary to what they declare, wouldn't be half the POS in person that they pretend to be on the board.

GREAT point....you need to post more...or I need to visit more....

ct 12-18-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10290813)
I am sorry for calling TACO a bea ner, back in the day.

LMAO

don't apologize for calling taco anything, what a fuktard

DaFace 12-18-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10290923)
You can't ignore the fact that it has turned into a less enjoyable place or act like some of what goes on here is OK. There is some crap that goes on here that shouldn't....and we look the other way because we don't want to actually make people act halfway decent in here.

I agree with something Rausch said in the other thread....people seemed more civil when you knew someone. You met them at the game, they became a face with a voice and you acted better when talking to them.

Now most of this place is just internet personas created by people, who contrary to what they declare, wouldn't be half the POS in person that they pretend to be on the board.

Eh, there's probably some truth to that, but I lurked for two years between 2003-2005 because I was afraid of being blasted for being a n00b around here. People were assholes back then just as much as they are now.

doomy3 12-18-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10290915)
Okay here is the list from then:

Pioli Zombie troll from Patriots
kcbubb
SensibleChiefsFan LMAO
chiefsfan1963
Hootie started a lot of the shit

My neg rep I gave out from January 2009 to April 2009, was triple what I did from 2004 to January 2009.

Really? You gave out that much neg rep? That's pretty interesting and I'm sure didn't help things much.

And while some of those guys were annoying, I don't think any of them scratched the surface of what DCS did. And you may not have agreed with their posts, but at least they didn't repeat literally the exact same thing in every post.

Coach 12-18-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10290895)
Man...is this sandy vagina week on ChiefsPlanet or something? I apparently didn't get the memo.

As for how things have changed, I don't personally think much about it. There's a natural human tendency to look back at the "good ol' days" fondly and remember all the good stuff, but ignore all the bad stuff. ChiefsPlanet isn't any different.

I think some people get sentimental when someone gets banned. :shrug:

Beef Supreme 12-18-2013 02:07 PM

The Internet used to be so much better back before all the trolls.

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10290903)
LMAO

You were one of the board's worst offenders during the "Gotta have Sanchez!" era.

Apparently you didn't bother to read the last three lines of my post.

Ask the 30-50 guys that are the hardcore football guys on this board.

I rarely got ugly or get ugly towards someone unless that person got nasty first, or refuses to back up his argument.

You may not like it, but I'm not going to bother showing much respect to people whose main argument is, "Do you work in the NFL?" and "PIOLI!"

Mr. Plow 12-18-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10290876)
ROFL and you're trying to diagnose me on a messageboard where you are completely wrong about me being angry.

My wife is a semester away from her masters in psychology. She would laugh at what you're trying to do.

Not to jump in the middle of this, but you do seem angry.

blaise 12-18-2013 02:11 PM

This is on a tangent, but some guy tweeted at me that I had "lost my burst on CP" but I don't know who the poster was. Whoever it is must use a different name here and on twitter. I thought it was kind of funny.

patteeu 12-18-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10290949)

I rarely got ugly or get ugly towards someone unless that person got nasty first, or refuses to back up his argument.

You may not like it, but I'm not going to bother showing respect to people who's main argument is, "Do you work in the NFL?" and "PIOLI!"

Surely that doesn't contribute to the decency problem people have been mentioning.

patteeu 12-18-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 10290960)
This is on a tangent, but some guy tweeted at me that I had "lost my burst on CP" but I don't know who the poster was. Whoever it is must use a different name here and on twitter. I thought it was kind of funny.

What's his twitter name?

headsnap 12-18-2013 02:12 PM

JFC BD, I'd have thought you would have grown up by now...

this is like deja vu all over again, again!!!

the more things change, the more they stay the same...

blaise 12-18-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10290964)
What's his twitter name?

I'll have to go back and look. It was a few weeks ago.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12-18-2013 02:15 PM

OTWP, this isn't a discussion about how you debate topics with friends. If we were all friends, there would be no problem. I can think of very few posters who have avoided "attack the poster" mentality.

Just Passin' By 12-18-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

You may not like it, but I'm not going to bother showing much respect to people whose main argument is, "Do you work in the NFL?" and "PIOLI!"

You were an asshole. Now you're giving yourself an out with a completely bullshit excuse. How do you not see that irony?

You're exactly what you're complaining about.

htismaqe 12-18-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10290915)
Okay here is the list from then:

Pioli Zombie troll from Patriots
kcbubb
SensibleChiefsFan LMAO
chiefsfan1963
Hootie started a lot of the shit

My neg rep I gave out from January 2009 to April 2009, was triple what I did from 2004 to January 2009.

You know what's funny?

ALL of the negative rep I've given out was between 2004 and 2006 (all 13 or so of them).

I haven't given out a single negative rep since 2006.

ChiefsCountry 12-18-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10290942)
Really? You gave out that much neg rep? That's pretty interesting and I'm sure didn't help things much.

And while some of those guys were annoying, I don't think any of them scratched the surface of what DCS did. And you may not have agreed with their posts, but at least they didn't repeat literally the exact same thing in every post.

I actually went looked at some the posts. A lot of it was racial type slurs towards Sanchez, the Pioli knows more than you, etc. So it was a lot of stuff that was repeated over and over. Ironically most of the neg rep in 2008 was to DCS.

htismaqe 12-18-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10290961)
Surely that doesn't contribute to the decency problem people have been mentioning.

Suggesting that someone doesn't have a right to their opinion because they're not employed by an NFL team isn't insulting to you?

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10290978)
You were an asshole. Now you're giving yourself an out with a completely bullshit excuse. How do you not see that irony?

I don't back up my arguments with facts, stats and evidence?

Interesting.

Bob Dole 12-18-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10290947)
The Internet used to be so much better back before all the trolls.

AOL ruined the internet.

Chief Roundup 12-18-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Lack of accountability right here.
Man you have a lot of good football knowledge and all that but you were one of the most hateful, rude, and nasty people back then. During that time frame I didn't post much during the day. By the time the evening, after work, rolled around and myself and others would post or ask something and you would go straight to the nasty shit.
You don't have to respect someones opinions in order to have a little self control. If you are tired of repeating yourself or defending your position then step away don't take it out on others.

BIG_DADDY 12-18-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10290940)
Eh, there's probably some truth to that, but I lurked for two years between 2003-2005 because I was afraid of being blasted for being a n00b around here. People were assholes back then just as much as they are now.

This is completely untrue. Many people have noticed the change for sometime now and have posted on it. You can just go LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA really loud and call people pussies for noticing it but it doesn't change a thing.

Ace Gunner 12-18-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10290978)

no surprise

DaFace 12-18-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10291000)
This is completely untrue. Many people have noticed the change for sometime now and have posted on it. You can just go LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA really loud and call people pussies for noticing it but it doesn't change a thing.

You know, popular music today sucks.

scho63 12-18-2013 02:20 PM

I'm going to make a great analogy that Big Daddy needs to read and digest:

Roughly 35 years ago I took up golf. I sucked balls when I first played but I practiced and finally started "fitting in" at the closest public golf course with the locals who had been there for years and my closest friends who already played with them and are excellent golfers. I was a Noob

Over the years they accepted me into their group and we all grew close, hung out after the round to drink, went out to dinner together, and also took golf vacations together. There were 24-26 of us each Sat and Sun morning, first 5-6 groups off the tee.

Then time passed.....

Guys gave up golf or played less, some moved, some got married and couldn't play as much, some died, and after a while the dynamics changed and so did the group.

I had a choice-stop playing golf or accept the changes. I choose to keep playing golf and have fun with whoever I played with and avoid playing with someone who was either a pain in the ass or a hot head on the course.

While I would have loved to keep the same 'ol gang, it wasn't meant to be.

The lesson of the story is simple, times change and you can either accept them or move on....

Your choice Big Daddy! ;)

BIG_DADDY 12-18-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10291008)

Pop music has always sucked. LMAO

Just Passin' By 12-18-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10290993)
I don't back up my arguments with facts, stats and evidence?

Interesting.

Yeah, that's the part I was talking about. LMAO

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Mosbonian 12-18-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

I won't even begin to say we didn't have our pricks even in the early days. But we didn't tolerate the crappy behavior that seems to be the norm these days.

If I can elaborate using my "sports bar" comparison in the other thread. I'm not against a bar fight or 2 in here, it's part of what is expected when you come to a place like this. But when the new kid stands up and pisses on the poo table you don't turn the other way and pretend the sprinklers broke and that is why the pool table got wet. YOU KICK HIS A$$ OUT until he learns normally accepted behavior.

burt 12-18-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

I rarely got ugly or get ugly towards someone

I am proud that I received a rare appearance of your ugliness...

HemiEd 12-18-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy is a Troll (Post 10290720)
BIG DADDY was such a great member of the CP "fraternity" when he ridiculed Ultra Peanut for her publicized issues with gender identity. You're a hypocrite, dude.

I agree that 2009 is a remarkable year, no doubt. Despite career day _efense and GoChiefs' Herm Warfare, this board was largely a homer board. CP attached to classic homeresque scapegoats like Eric Hicks, Eric Warfield, Greg Robinson and Gunther Cunningham. The shift to a critical board started in 2009 and was led with much hostility from Dane, Hamas, etc. People alike (sick of losing) and people opposed (hopeful fans) adapted this posting style even if they weren't nearly as skilled to do so. I think guys like OTWP need to take some accountability into their role in this development.

What? Where did you come up with that idea?

I joined here as a total homer the day after the 2004 season ended in a flop.

Unicorns and rainbows is all I knew, and I was led to the education alter fairly quickly.

Its all good, and I am glad it happened that way even though it was a little rough for me to understand at the time.

If anyone would have started a rep whoring thread back then, it would have gotten pretty ugly.

SuperChief 12-18-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 10291011)

Roughly 35 years ago I took up golf. I sucked balls when I first played but I practiced and finally started "fitting in" at the closest public golf course with the locals who had been there for years and my closest friends who already played with them and are excellent golfers. I was a Noob

Over the years they accepted me into their group and we all grew close, hung out after the round to drink, went out to dinner together, and also took golf vacations together. There were 24-26 of us each Sat and Sun morning, first 5-6 groups off the tee.

Then time passed.....

Guys gave up golf or played less, some moved, some got married and couldn't play as much, some died, and after a while the dynamics changed and so did the group.

I had a choice-stop playing golf or accept the changes. I choose to keep playing golf and have fun with whoever I played with and avoid playing with someone who was either a pain in the ass or a hot head on the course.

The lesson of the story is simple, times change and you can either accept them or move on....

I think where your excellent analogy falls off the tracks is when your 24-26 friends leave (for whatever reasons) and the new crowd of 2983459898 dipshits come through and want to tee off before you, at the same time as you, and right after you, hurrying you along the entire round.

KC native 12-18-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10290958)
Not to jump in the middle of this, but you do seem angry.

I could see how you would think that. I'm an abrasive person IRL too. People either love me or they hate me. I'm also fairly aggressive so if someone comes at me then they're going to get both barrels.

Just Passin' By 12-18-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10290917)
LMAO
I'm stealing that one for future use, if you don't mind.

:thumb:

All yours.

Mosbonian 12-18-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 10290994)
AOL ruined the internet.

I beg to differ...I think it was CompuServe or Net Zero that ruined the internet.

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10291016)
Yeah, that's the part I was talking about. LMAO

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I see just fine. Feel free to keep cherry picking.

I'm not going to apologize for calling a spade a spade.

If you can't formulate an argument beyond, "do you work in the NFL?" then yeah, I probably called you a dumbshit.

Because people who refuse to back up their positions with stats, facts and evidence and rely on "I think", "do you work in the NFL?" or "PIOLI" are, wait for it:

Dumbshits.

Just Passin' By 12-18-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291036)

If you can't formulate an argument beyond, "do you work in the NFL?" then yeah, I probably called you a dumbshit.

Because people who refuse to back up their positions with stats, facts and evidence and rely on "I think", "do you work in the NFL?" or "PIOLI" are, wait for it:

Dumbshits.

You keep making my point. Do continue, please, because it's truly hilarious.

KC native 12-18-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10291008)

ROFL

Coach 12-18-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10291034)
I beg to differ...I think it was CompuServe or Net Zero that ruined the internet.

Netscape ruined it for me, at least from my own experience....

burt 12-18-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Just because you see it as a spade, makes it a spade? um....no.

GordonGekko 12-18-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10291000)

I was a lurker all the way back in 2003 and didn't really start to post until a couple years ago. But Chiefsplanet has always had its bullies. Anyone remember a guy named Voyager? He would get DESTROYED every time he posted, and he only posted about football topics, not politics, just football. The dude got his shit handed to him and he only wanted to talk football, and this was back in the earlier days.

Mosbonian 12-18-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Dumbshits.

To me there is nothing wrong with "I think" because someone is expressing an opinion at that point. Honestly stats are great, but no different than looking at a companies balance sheet, they can hide some flaws in thinking.

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10291038)
You keep making my point. Do continue, please, because it's truly hilarious.

You call it a bullshit excuse. I disagree.

Anything else you'd like to argue about?

Chief Roundup 12-18-2013 02:31 PM

There are Lies, there are Damn Lies, and then there are Statistics.
Never did want to believe in the one statistic that proved to be true about USC QBs.

Just Passin' By 12-18-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10291047)
To me there is nothing wrong with "I think" because someone is expressing an opinion at that point. Honestly stats are great, but no different than looking at a companies balance sheet, they can hide some flaws in thinking.

I don't want to get into a full Sanchez rehash, but the stats were against the pro-Sanchez group. Between the bust rate of 1st round QBs, the struggles of USC QBs and the problems with QBs with so few starts, the numbers were stacked against Sanchez, and those arguments were made time after time.

So, when OTW tries blaming his hostilities of the time on people who were hiding behind NFL job or Pioli comments, OTW is just being full of shit.

mr. tegu 12-18-2013 02:32 PM

CP was much better when we all hung out in person instead of on CP!!!

ActiveShooter 12-18-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 10290994)
AOL ruined the internet.

Blame Al Gore, he invented the Damn thing.

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10291047)

That's fine, until you rely on nothing more than "I think."

"I think" with some support is great. "I think" on it's own? Weak.

Who has the more powerful argument:

Lawyer A: Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I think my client is innocent.

Lawyer B: Ladies and Gentelmen of the jury, I think my client is innocent, and here's the evidence to back up that claim.

You were here then - you know damn good and well that there were a metric ****ton of "Lawyer A's" running around in 2009/2010.

And then they all had the nerve to act as if they were right all along when the shit started hitting the fan a few years later. Priceless.

Chief Roundup 12-18-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10291058)
I don't want to get into a full Sanchez rehash, but the stats were against the pro-Sanchez group. Between the bust rate of 1st round QBs, the struggles of USC QBs and the problems with QBs with so few starts, the numbers were stacked against Sanchez, and those arguments were made time after time.

OTW is just being full of shit.

He is down playing how nasty he was for sure.

BIG_DADDY 12-18-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 10291011)

Then time passed.....

I get that dude. The reason I have posted so much less is simply because I have very little time. It is far less enjoyable being troll central however. When I get more time again someday maybe I will just buy it and do whatever the **** I want. j/k

Actually that would make a good thread. If CP was yours tomorrow, what would you do?

Katipan 12-18-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291032)
I could see how you would think that. I'm an abrasive person IRL too. People either love me or they hate me. I'm also fairly aggressive so if someone comes at me then they're going to get both barrels.

It would be beneficial to CP if you could display more of your loveable qualities.

HemiEd 12-18-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10290869)

I see that thread a lot, but I have them all on ignore. :D

ChiTown 12-18-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10291080)
It would be beneficial to CP if you could display less of your ass.

fify

htismaqe 12-18-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

The same could have been said for Cassel. Both sides were wrong.

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10291053)
There are Lies, there are Damn Lies, and then there are Statistics.
Never did want to believe in the one statistic that proved to be true about USC QBs.

It didn't prove to be true, and it was ignored then because it's a ****ing ridiculous assertion.

Each pro career for USC QB's are completely independent of each other.

There's a huge difference between a trend and undeniable fact, and the folks that relied on this argument fail to realize that.

If they were correct, high school QB's with dreams of playing pro ball would avoid USC like the plague.

But they don't, because it appears high schoolers are smarter than the people clinging to this pathetic argument.

Discuss Thrower 12-18-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 10290974)
I'll have to go back and look. It was a few weeks ago.

And here I sat, thinking you forgot about me...

Coach 12-18-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

It would be beneficial to CP if you could display more of your loveable qualities.

Well, it would definitely be beneficial to CP if you could display more of your loveable assets.

Just sayin'.

:D

Rausch 12-18-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 10291096)
Well, it would definitely be beneficial to CP if you could display more of your loveable assets.

Just sayin'.

Because there's a shortage of naked women on the internets...

Chief Roundup 12-18-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291073)
That's fine, until you rely on nothing more than "I think."

"I think" with some support is great. "I think" on it's own? Weak.

Who has the more powerful argument:

Lawyer A: Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I think my client is innocent.

Lawyer B: Ladies and Gentelmen of the jury, I think my client is innocent, and here's the evidence to back up that claim.

You were here then - you know damn good and well that there were a metric ****ton of "Lawyer A's" running around in 2009/2010.

And then they all had the nerve to act as if they were right all along when the shit started hitting the fan a few years later. Priceless.

That wasn't ever the problem. Nobody ever said you didn't or couldn't make a case. The problem was that people still didn't believe in Sanchez even though you attempted to sway them. After they proved that they didn't believe, you turned to all the name calling and we are not talking about dumbshit or dumbass. You and others said way worse. You guys went personal.
Then when Sanchez has been proven a bust, the naysayers were proven correct and you get left looking....even worse.

Coach 12-18-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10291101)
Because there's a shortage of naked CP women on the internets...

Fixed your post.

DaFace 12-18-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10291079)
I get that dude. The reason I have posted so much less is simply because I have very little time. It is far less enjoyable being troll central however. When I get more time again someday maybe I will just buy it and do whatever the **** I want. j/k

Actually that would make a good thread. If CP was yours tomorrow, what would you do?

So what you're saying is, you enjoyed ChiefsPlanet more when you were around a lot and got to know people a little better?

Funny how that works.

BIG_DADDY 12-18-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Yea, you are a real terrorist in your own mind. Actually you probably exemplify the new troll CP better than anyone.

Chief Roundup 12-18-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291094)
It didn't prove to be true, and it was ignored then because it's a ****ing ridiculous assertion.

There's a huge difference between a trend and undeniable fact, and the folks that relied on this argument fail to realize that.

Of course you didn't prove the trend to be true. You couldn't do that. It was only ridiculous to you because of your position then.
Trends are an important factor to look at and evaluate into any decision that is made. There is a long standing trend with QBs like Sanchez that fit several areas of concern. He is a bust and has continued to add to the trend of USC QBs and QBs with short term starting.

blaise 12-18-2013 02:49 PM

I've been posting for a few years. Seems the same as it ever was to me.

BIG_DADDY 12-18-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10291109)
So what you're saying is, you enjoyed ChiefsPlanet more when you were around a lot and got to know people a little better?

Funny how that works.

No what I said is actually what I meant. Many people notice the difference, let's not pretend it doesn't exist. Just my 2 cents

Just Passin' By 12-18-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10291093)
The same could have been said for Cassel. Both sides were wrong.

How is "Cassel played well in N.E., so give him a chance instead of wasting a pick on Sanchez." wrong? That's like saying it takes two to tango because someone defends themself from a person who breaks into their house.

I'm not talking about me, by the way. I gave as good as I got, and I've got no problem with that. I'm talking about so many others who got piled on by that crew.

J Diddy 12-18-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

You obviously don't understand diagnosis or treatment either. My point is you need some pussy so that frown will turn upside down. Tell your wife to quit studying so much or learn to do two things at once.

I suspect if you'd get laid that a lot of your anger would dissipate. Clay's seemed to.

ThaVirus 12-18-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

I did the same.

KC native 12-18-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

It would be beneficial to your posting to just ignore me if you don't like me.

Katipan 12-18-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 10291096)

Just sayin'.

Wouldn't you rather have a face to face conversation with me someday? You think you could look Rain Man in the face if you knew what his dick looked like?

Time's Yours 12-18-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy is a Troll (Post 10290720)
The shift to a critical board started in 2009 and was led with much hostility from Dane, Hamas, etc. People alike (sick of losing) and people opposed (hopeful fans) adapted this posting style even if they weren't nearly as skilled to do so. I think guys like OTWP need to take some accountability into their role in this development.

This is my view as well. It started a "you're with us or you're against us" mentality.

As has been mentioned, the Star and other articles never get posted anymore for healthy football discussion.

Everything seems to be are you in camp A or camp B? Do you love Alex or want him gone? Same for McCluster, Bowe, Clausen, Sanchez, Geno, Hali temporarily, Fisher and all the others.

Every single topic/player is treated as pick a side and fight to the death. So many threads divide CP into two opposing factions with no room for moderate opinions.

For example, my take on Alex Smith right now would probably be "not all 32 teams can have a top 5 qb, and nobody has a crystal ball to say he can't get hot and do well enough to win a superbowl, so let's enjoy the ride, he's working out pretty well so far." This would put me in the "true fan can't endure a rookie qb growing pains" camp and I'd be sent over to the "pro Alex Smith" group because it has to be one or the other, even though I also would have been okay with drafting Geno Smith. It's a tough call and there's no sure right or wrong answer, but that opinion is no longer acceptable.

Katipan 12-18-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291127)

Maybe if I said it in Spanish?

philfree 12-18-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10291102)
That wasn't ever the problem. Nobody ever said you didn't or couldn't make a case. The problem was that people still didn't believe in Sanchez even though you attempted to sway them. After they proved that they didn't believe, you turned to all the name calling and we are not talking about dumbshit or dumbass. You and others said way worse. You guys went personal.
Then when Sanchez has been proven a bust, the naysayers were proven correct and you get left looking....even worse.

LOL There are still people who think drafting Sanchex was still the right thing to do. At least we tried!

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

So, when OTW tries blaming his hostilities of the time on people who were hiding behind NFL job or Pioli comments, OTW is just being full of shit.

And at the time of all this arguing, what was Sanchez doing?

Going to back-to-back AFCCG's as a rookie and 2nd year player - with a 61% completion percentage and a 3:1 ratio.

So at the time, your arguments were dead wrong. If any of them carried any weight, he wouldn't have been successful his first two years in the league.

Rausch 12-18-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10291133)
LOL There are still people who think drafting Sanchex was still the right thing to do. At least we tried!

Most people aren't big fans of 1 year starters at QB...

Just Passin' By 12-18-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291127)

You could take your own advice here, with regards to Frazod.

ChiefsCountry 12-18-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Says the guy who wanted Aaron Curry because his intense eyes in a YouTube clip.

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Exhibit A - Backing up your claim.

Who are these people?

Name them.

J Diddy 12-18-2013 02:56 PM

This thread reminds me of the scene in Beerfest when they get their team together to begin training with their first keg. First it was all serious. Then they got lovey dovey. Then the started to fight. Finally they made up and passed out.