ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA regular season thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284493)

Just Passin' By 06-30-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10724673)
What an asshole, Lebron is, for opting out, to take max salary, while being the best player in the entire league. Complete dick move.

:rolleyes:

Read the thread, numbnuts. I didn't bag on LeBron about anything in my post. Some dumbass was trying to compare the average worker with a player in a salary cap league, as far as taking less money. If LeBron wants to make Max money knowing that will limit his team's options as far as other players go, let him have at it. However, in a league where Duncan came back for about 1/2 his previous contract and that let the Spurs keep the team that won the NBA title, saying something as absolutely ****ing reeruned as

Quote:

Cracks me up when people think these guys should take pay cuts for whatever reason.

Would you take a pay cut at your job for any reason?
merits a scornful response.

RustShack 06-30-2014 08:03 PM

Cleveland offered him more money than what he got in Miami. He left for Championships, not for money. He deserves more money than anyone. He's the best in the league and arguably one of the best ever. Maybe even best ever when it's all said and done, hard telling.

Until Wiggins takes over :)

ChiefsCountry 06-30-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10724662)
NBA salary obviously. He and Bosh make the same, Ben Wallace made more in Cleveland.

Shaq made more than him in Cleveland as well.

KC_Connection 06-30-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10724765)
However, in a league where Duncan came back for about 1/2 his previous contract and that let the Spurs keep the team that won the NBA title, saying something as absolutely ****ing reeruned as

Ah yes, the same Tim Duncan who took a max 7/122M deal in 2003 during his prime (which remains one of the richest contracts signed in NBA history). LMAO

Just Passin' By 06-30-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10724954)
Ah yes, the same Tim Duncan who took a max 7/122M deal in 2003 during his prime (which remains one of the richest contracts signed in NBA history). LMAO

What does that have to do with what I posted? This isn't rocket science here:

Poster talks about never taking pay cut positing the question

Quote:

The CURRENT NBA CHAMPIONS are together largely because Duncan took a pay cut.

KC_Connection 06-30-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10724965)
The CURRENT NBA CHAMPIONS are together largely because Duncan took a pay cut.

And it's important to recognize that he did so when he was nearly 40 years old, well past his prime, and had already gotten his massive contract earlier in his career. Shit, Duncan almost went to Orlando in 2000 exactly because they were offering more (which would certainly have vastly changed the NBA landscape over the next 15 years).

ohiobronco2 06-30-2014 09:07 PM

LeBron is worth every penny. He's the best in the league and should be paid as such. I just don't see how the Heat can win a title if the big 3 re sign at what is being reported. It will not allow them enough flexibility to add the pieces they will need to beat the superior teams out west.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-30-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10724746)
Wade and Bosh should be taking significantly less than Max

Bosh was never worth the Max and Wade is broken

I'm betting they'll be on the books for 3-4 more years at 13-15 million/yr. Not a great situation for LeBron. Essentially extending two declining players is going to hurt the Heat long-term. I would have preferred LeBron leave, but this is the next best thing. **** Wade. **** Miami.

Just Passin' By 06-30-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10724990)
And it's important to recognize that he did so when he was nearly 40 years old, well past his prime, and had already gotten his massive contract earlier in his career. Shit, Duncan almost went to Orlando in 2000 exactly because they were offering more (which would certainly have vastly changed the NBA landscape over the next 15 years).

When he did it is completely irrelevant, because I was addressing a specific comment from a specific person about NEVER doing it. To repeat his post, since you can't seem to be bothered to actually read:

Quote:

Cracks me up when people think these guys should take pay cuts for whatever reason.

Nothing there about any time or age limit.

KC_Connection 06-30-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10724997)
I'm betting they'll be on the books for 3-4 more years at 13-15 million/yr. Not a great situation for LeBron. Essentially extending two declining players is going to hurt the Heat long-term. I would have preferred LeBron leave, but this is the next best thing. **** Wade. **** Miami.

He may yet leave. Wade and Bosh isn't enough to keep him there, Riley has to have something else up his sleeve.

ChiefsCountry 06-30-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10724990)

Duncan and T-Mac could have made Shaq and Kobe their bitches.

BigCatDaddy 06-30-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10725032)
Duncan and T-Mac could have made Shaq and Kobe their bitches.

Crazy that Kobe and McGrady were about the same level of a player at one point.

KevB 06-30-2014 10:30 PM

Rockets GM Morey apparently traveled to Philly to meet with Kyle Lowry tonight. Interesting. They traded him away at one point, and word on the street is that the Raptors are poised to give him somewhere in the $12M - $15M range offer to stay in Toronto.

I actually think bringing in Lowry and re-signing Chandler is probably a better play for the Rockets than going all out for Carmelo.

O.city 06-30-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10724765)
Read the thread, numbnuts. I didn't bag on LeBron about anything in my post. Some dumbass was trying to compare the average worker with a player in a salary cap league, as far as taking less money. If LeBron wants to make Max money knowing that will limit his team's options as far as other players go, let him have at it. However, in a league where Duncan came back for about 1/2 his previous contract and that let the Spurs keep the team that won the NBA title, saying something as absolutely ****ing reeruned as

merits a scornful response.

Taking less money is taking less money, whatever job you work. Apparently, players have to be "team players" and take less money to be viewed in one way or another, not by what they actually due performance wise.

O.city 06-30-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10724741)
The only people should give a shit are the ones who are Heat fans and it prevents them from acquiring supportive talent the same way we bitch about the possibility of Alex Smith breaking the bank foe the Chiefs and weakening the teams ability to sign other players.

Alex smith needs those players around him to be successful.

Just Passin' By 06-30-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10725123)
Taking less money is taking less money, whatever job you work. Apparently, players have to be "team players" and take less money to be viewed in one way or another, not by what they actually due performance wise.

What the hell are you talking about?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-30-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10725104)
Rockets GM Morey apparently traveled to Philly to meet with Kyle Lowry tonight. Interesting. They traded him away at one point, and word on the street is that the Raptors are poised to give him somewhere in the $12M - $15M range offer to stay in Toronto.

I actually think bringing in Lowry and re-signing Chandler is probably a better play for the Rockets than going all out for Carmelo.

I'm in. Anything to get Beverley off the court

BigCatDaddy 06-30-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10725126)
Alex smith needs those players around him to be successful.

We've been told by the biggest of the Lebron ball washers he needs elite level help as well.

KC_Connection 07-01-2014 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10725157)
We've been told by the biggest of the Lebron ball washers he needs elite level help as well.

If he wants to win a team championship, yes, he needs more than a bunch of shells and players in steep decline on the roster. The same goes for anybody including MJ.

Alex Smith needs a huge amount of help just to be an above average NFL QB.

LoneWolf 07-01-2014 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10725183)
If he wants to win a team championship, yes, he needs more than a bunch of shells and players in steep decline on the roster. The same goes for anybody including MJ.

Alex Smith needs a huge amount of help just to be an above average NFL QB.

He was above average last season with Charles and a collection of stiffs.

KC_Connection 07-01-2014 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10725184)
He was above average last season with Charles and a collection of stiffs.

Guess it depends on your definition of above average. Smith was 20th in DYAR, 22nd in QBR, and 14th in passer rating in 2014. Calling him an average starting NFL QB would probably be being generous (but this isn't the place for rehashing that discussion once again).

RustShack 07-01-2014 08:07 AM

Kyrie Irving got a five year extension in Cleveland.

ChiefsCountry 07-01-2014 08:33 AM

The Heat two big targets in free agency seem to be Kyle Lowry or Luol Deng.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,7990829.story

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-01-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10725415)
The Heat two big targets in free agency seem to be Kyle Lowry or Luol Deng.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,7990829.story

Not going to be able to afford Lowry, IMO. Deng is meh. If they can convince Wade or Bosh to go elsewhere, Lowry would be an upgrade.

ohiobronco2 07-01-2014 10:52 AM

I'll be blown away if a player like Deng, Hawes, Parsons or Lowry sign with the Heat. Some of these guys are chasing their 1st big contract or last contract. They haven't made a ton of money in endorsements like the big 3 and with so much more money out there, I don't see them signing in SB for several million more dollars less than what they could make elsewhere. I think Riley is going to need to fill out the roster with role/over the hill players.

ohiobronco2 07-01-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10725354)
Kyrie Irving got a five year extension in Cleveland.

And there is no opt out. He is a Cavalier for the next 6 years (pending a trade or something else). :)

ChiefsCountry 07-01-2014 12:22 PM

If Deng wants to go get paid and not be the Toni Kukoc type then whatever to him. Go ride LeBron's coattails and you will be a more famous player with championships to boot.

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-01-2014 07:50 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Free agent Pau Gasol had a phone conversation with Miami president Pat Riley today, league source tells Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/484135899123298304">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King- 07-01-2014 07:58 PM

How the hell would pau and bosh co exist?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-01-2014 08:25 PM

Riley's plan- Let's get older

kcxiv 07-01-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10726977)
How the hell would pau and bosh co exist?

Pau is better at center and can post up. Well, he used to be able too. lol

ChiefsCountry 07-01-2014 08:35 PM

If he would check out healthy, Emeka Okafor would be the ideal center type for the Heat. Not a scorer, but would do a lot of the dirty work and is a decent defender.

BigCatDaddy 07-01-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10727043)
Riley's plan- Let's get older

He's a 7 footer than went 17 and 9 last year. That's a pretty nice piece to add. How much damn help do we think the guy needs if Pau is being mocked?

-King- 07-01-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10727047)

Yeah but having two guys who are notorious for being soft as your 4 and 5 isn't exactly going to make them able to compete with the Spurs.

-King- 07-01-2014 09:39 PM

Warriors signed Shaun Livingston. Great signing to backup Steph.

mcaj22 07-01-2014 09:57 PM

wow what a good get

even with Livingston having no knees he could start on half the leagues shitty teams. Hes a mismatch even if hes got an old man game

KevB 07-02-2014 08:03 AM

Avery Bradley gets 4 years and $32M from the Celtics? That's a bit rich for a guy with questionable shooting/playmaking and injury prone.

Lance turned down 5 yrs/$44M from the Pacers, so that's getting interesting.

KC native 07-02-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10727047)

LMAO you said Pau and post up in the same sentence. He was able to post up. Now he's like Bosh.

saphojunkie 07-02-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10727378)
Avery Bradley gets 4 years and $32M from the Celtics? That's a bit rich for a guy with questionable shooting/playmaking and injury prone.

Lance turned down 5 yrs/$44M from the Pacers, so that's getting interesting.

I feel like Larry Bird should just show Lance Stephenson a supercut of all the dumb shit he did on the court.

Then cross out $44 million and write 40..

TEX 07-02-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10725104)

I agree. The only way I want to see Chandler gone is if he's part of a trade for Kevin Love. Regardless, Id welcome Lowry back.

RustShack 07-02-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 (Post 10725696)
And there is no opt out. He is a Cavalier for the next 6 years (pending a trade or something else). :)

Good. I love Irving. I'm excited to see what Blatt and Lue do for him since they both specialize in guards.

kcxiv 07-02-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10727413)
LMAO you said Pau and post up in the same sentence. He was able to post up. Now he's like Bosh.

in all honesty when he used to post up, he was probably the best big man i ever seen do it. dude had every single post up move there was and he was great at all of them. I dont know if he cant do it, or D'Antoni's system was taking him away from that or what.

Also, Pau to the Thunder is looking likely according to reporters.

mcaj22 07-02-2014 05:29 PM

the only team dumber than my Wizards giving Gortat 60 million will be Cleveland when they give Gordon Hayward a max offer sheet

BigCatDaddy 07-02-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10728253)
in all honesty when he used to post up, he was probably the best big man i ever seen do it. dude had every single post up move there was and he was great at all of them. I dont know if he cant do it, or D'Antoni's system was taking him away from that or what.

Also, Pau to the Thunder is looking likely according to reporters.

Best post player you ever seen?

kcxiv 07-02-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10728272)
Best post player you ever seen?

for a big man? probably. Well, ok 2nd. Hakeem the Dream is number 1. Still pretty ****ing good. HIs offense in his prime was 2nd to none basically. He just sucks on defense thats his only knock. There was nothing, i mean NOTHING Pau couldnt do on offense down low in the post, and he was good to great on EVERY SINGLE offensive thing in the post. Was nothing he couldnt do.

KC_Connection 07-02-2014 05:50 PM

Gasol was really, really good for the Lakers in his first few years there, it's true. Huge part of those championships.

chiefzilla1501 07-02-2014 05:58 PM

Wow, looks like the Cavs are considering max money for Gordon Hayward. Not a huge fan of that, but he'd be a really interesting fit in Blatt's offense and much better than that piece of shit offense they run in Utah. That would pretty much take them out of the Lebron game and it also makes the team have a lot of depth with a small lineup where they might need some bigs.

tk13 07-02-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10728297)
Gasol was really, really good for the Lakers in his first few years there, it's true. Huge part of those championships.

Zero doubt about that. He was a great post presence. It's sad because there aren't many left. Guys who can dominate down low can mean the difference between winning a title and not all the way through the history of the NBA. Tim Duncan obviously comes to mind. Dwight Howard should be... he's a force but could be even better. Especially since now he plays for McHale, who if nothing else was one of the best post players who's probably ever lived.

mcaj22 07-02-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10728310)
Wow, looks like the Cavs are considering max money for Gordon Hayward. Not a huge fan of that, but he'd be a really interesting fit in Blatt's offense and much better than that piece of shit offense they run in Utah. That would pretty much take them out of the Lebron game and it also makes the team have a lot of depth with a small lineup where they might need some bigs.

still an awful shooter no matter what offense he's in.

-King- 07-02-2014 07:11 PM

So OKC is trying to target Gasol and Mike Miller. But they said they wouldn't amnesty Kendrick Perkins. If the only thing that keeps them from getting Gasol is not amnestying Perkins, they don't deserve to win.

BigCatDaddy 07-02-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10728294)
for a big man? probably. Well, ok 2nd. Hakeem the Dream is number 1. Still pretty ****ing good. HIs offense in his prime was 2nd to none basically. He just sucks on defense thats his only knock. There was nothing, i mean NOTHING Pau couldnt do on offense down low in the post, and he was good to great on EVERY SINGLE offensive thing in the post. Was nothing he couldnt do.

McHale is the best in my book. The Dream and Duncan aren't too bad either.

Titty Meat 07-02-2014 08:16 PM

Why didn't LA ever trade Gasol?

penbrook 07-02-2014 08:18 PM

So Patty Mills re signed with the Spurs!!

ChiefsCountry 07-02-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 10728601)
So Patty Mills re signed with the Spurs!!

You do realize he has a bad shoulder.

okcchief 07-02-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10728478)
So OKC is trying to target Gasol and Mike Miller. But they said they wouldn't amnesty Kendrick Perkins. If the only thing that keeps them from getting Gasol is not amnestying Perkins, they don't deserve to win.

Durant and Westbrook made the pitch. I'm guessing they know with the offers out there that no way they can afford Reggie next year. My guess is Perkins and Reggie are getting traded to clear room for Gasol. I'm good with rolling with Gasol and Miller for 2 years. Then you can reshuffle when Durant is up in 2 years. Just need to bring in another PG. Also they can still use the amnesty if they need to do so. It's a shame to lose Reggie but if Hayward is getting a max deal, hes at least getting 12. The thing is he wants to be a starting PG and that ain't happening in OKC.

kcxiv 07-02-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10728507)
McHale is the best in my book. The Dream and Duncan aren't too bad either.

they were also beasts on the defensive end. Pau was not. He was a 1 sided player. he got pushed around on the Defensive side more times then not. So they will always look at them 3 as better players and they were, but from a pure offensive down in the post play. Dude was as elite as they come. His elbow jumper is pretty good too.

Pitt Gorilla 07-02-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10728641)
Durant and Westbrook made the pitch. I'm guessing they know with the offers out there that no way they can afford Reggie next year. My guess is Perkins and Reggie are getting traded to clear room for Gasol. I'm good with rolling with Gasol and Miller for 2 years. Then you can reshuffle when Durant is up in 2 years. Just need to bring in another PG. Also they can still use the amnesty if they need to do so. It's a shame to lose Reggie but if Hayward is getting a max deal, hes at least getting 12. The thing is he wants to be a starting PG and that ain't happening in OKC.

Got to keep Reggie (at least for next year); no need to make another Harden-level mistake. Booting Perkins should be a no-brainer.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-02-2014 09:00 PM

@WojYahooNBA: Kyle Lowry has agreed to a 4 year, $48M contract to stay with Toronto, sources tell Yahoo.

Al Bundy 07-02-2014 09:05 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Kyle Lowry reaches agreement on a four-year, $48M deal with Toronto. <a href="http://t.co/oF4O0LJA6L">http://t.co/oF4O0LJA6L</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/484532879188172800">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

KevB 07-02-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10728663)
@WojYahooNBA: Kyle Lowry has agreed to a 4 year, $48M contract to stay with Toronto, sources tell Yahoo.

Hmm, I expected him to come in higher than that. I'm happy for Toronto. They're fans were great this year, they deserved this.

Looks like the Rockets will be out in the cold on the big free agents.

Melo is down to the Knicks and Bulls IMO (I think he stays in NY), Lowry stays in Toronto, the big 3 stay with the Heat IMO and I'm not sure the Rockets are hot after anyone else. They'll keep Parsons for sure now.

-King- 07-02-2014 09:32 PM

Report: The Chicago Bulls have informed Carlos Boozer that he will be amnestied, making him a free agent: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/20...-agency-diary/

Chiefs Pantalones 07-02-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10728678)
Hmm, I expected him to come in higher than that. I'm happy for Toronto. They're fans were great this year, they deserved this.

Looks like the Rockets will be out in the cold on the big free agents.

Melo is down to the Knicks and Bulls IMO (I think he stays in NY), Lowry stays in Toronto, the big 3 stay with the Heat IMO and I'm not sure the Rockets are hot after anyone else. They'll keep Parsons for sure now.

The only reason Melo stays in NY is for the money because they're nowhere close to competing for a title. But the reports are that he intends to stay with NY.

GloryDayz 07-02-2014 09:41 PM

Yay.... I'm hyped for the coming NBA season..

KC_Connection 07-02-2014 09:45 PM

Figured Lowry would stay in Toronto. Guess it's time to start building with that group further instead of any more contemplation of rebuilding.

With him not going to Miami, I don't see much, if any way, that the Heat will get significantly better this offseason. It's probably in LeBron's best interest to ditch that team right now.

GloryDayz 07-02-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10728722)
Figured Lowry would stay in Toronto. Guess it's time to start building with that group further instead of any more contemplation of rebuilding.

With him not going to Miami, I don't see much, if any way, that the Heat will get significantly better this offseason. It's probably in LeBron's best interest to ditch that team right now.

Me too.

KevB 07-02-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10728711)
The only reason Melo stays in NY is for the money because they're nowhere close to competing for a title. But the reports are that he intends to stay with NY.

Melo's wife and kids also love it in NYC. The family pull is stronger than fans think. Family + Money could certainly trump winning, especially with the Zen Master in his ear telling him about his grand plan to improve.

okcchief 07-02-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10728658)
Got to keep Reggie (at least for next year); no need to make another Harden-level mistake. Booting Perkins should be a no-brainer.

My understanding is if you use the amnesty they can still only offer a mid level. The only way around it is swinging a sign and trade. Perkins contract is expiring so it's possible someone will take it on, but it's going to take something extra. If they can get Gasol to take the mid level great. If they can dangle some other pieces and Perk great. It's encouraging to me that they are trying because they need to add a couple of pieces to finish it off. I believe this is Reggie ' s last year with the Thunder though. Teams are just too stupid with their money.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10728658)

okcchief 07-02-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10728722)

That scenario seems more likely now. Seems like he's trying to not make it work there. I still think Miami is the favorite, but it seems rather odd they haven't moved quickly to improve the team.

mcaj22 07-03-2014 12:09 AM

if jodie meeks can get 20 million reggie is going to get 35-40 easy

KC native 07-03-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10728253)

Not even close.

Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Olajuwon, and Shaq are all modern era players that were better post players than Pau. Pau slides even further if we start including players from before his time.

lcarus 07-03-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10728987)
Not even close.

Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Olajuwon, and Shaq are all modern era players that were better post players than Pau. Pau slides even further if we start including players from before his time.

The fact that your first 2 on this list are Spurs players would be homerific bullshit...if they weren't that damn good.

KC native 07-03-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10728995)
The fact that your first 2 on this list are Spurs players would be homerific bullshit...if they weren't that damn good.

I didn't list them in any specific order. I was just pointing out that King (who is a Laker's fan) was overrating Pau's play.

saphojunkie 07-03-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10729082)
I didn't list them in any specific order. I was just pointing out that King (who is a Laker's fan) was overrating Pau's play.

Then, as a Laker fan, he has no business talking about Pau Gasol when Shaq, Kareem, and Wilt were all Lakers and would ****ing destroy Gasol.

okcchief 07-03-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10728799)
if jodie meeks can get 20 million reggie is going to get 35-40 easy

For sure. I had a delusion we might be able to sign him for 10 a year, but there's just no way. I have a feeling his stock is about to rise some more. Someone might be dumb enough to make him a max player. He's great going to the basket and his out side shot is getting better. However, hes still pretty bad defensively and doesn't look to pass the ball at all. People give Westbrook shit, but he's John Stockton next to Reggie.

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-03-2014 02:34 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN has learmed that Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks have agreed to terms on three-year deal</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/484796289323114496">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

ChiefsCountry 07-03-2014 03:05 PM

Dirk's deal is 3 years, 30 million.

Al Bundy 07-03-2014 03:38 PM

Fake bullshit account.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-03-2014 07:42 PM

@chicagobullsbot: New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony: Executive says he'll choose between the Knicks/Bulls/Rockets - (Source: Sam Amick) - http://t.co/5qa7LtBUuI

Chiefs Pantalones 07-03-2014 08:02 PM

@WojYahooNBA: Unless Pat Riley lines up talent appealing to James within cap structure soon, one LBJ suitor says: "LeBron seems ready to explore market."

Chiefs Pantalones 07-03-2014 08:02 PM

@chicagobullsbot: Miami Heat Lebron James there is clearly a breakdown in communication between him and Dwyane Wade/Chris Bosh. (Source: Adrian Wojnarowski)