ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   All alex all the time (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307712)

threebag 05-14-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12871705)
Good luck... Those shitty spamming Alex slurpees ruin every thread they get in...

Don't throw stones in a glass house, princess

Baby Lee 05-14-2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12872444)
I just don't understand people who sit here and play what if fantasy games. Sorry.

Maybe we could play yet another round of 'maybe Von Miller will rip Alex's head off his body!!' Or the umpteenth round of 'Lamar made a deal with the Illuminati to never seek a franchise QB in the draft.'

SAUTO 05-14-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12871800)
Where mods do the trolling...CP

That wasn't trolling, it was the truth.

That was in no way a good pass, it was effective but not good. The throw made the catch much more difficult, again from the angle I'm seeing here.

RealSNR 05-14-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12872443)
Thing is, your incessant need to phrase this in terms relying on all-star QBs versus relying on 3rd string ILBs is telling. Without improvement on the things people 'excuse' Smith for, there isn't a QB outside maybe Brady that will salve all ills. You're just setting yourself up for different, maybe more exciting, disappointment, instead of previous disappointment. The Pittsburgh game wasn't some crossroads were any old improvement at QB would have rescued us.

Our 3rd string ILBs, backup DEs, and gimpy back problem-riddled NT who sucked all year against the run managed to do a pretty damn good job against probably the most explosive offense in the NFL that season. Big Ben didn't have a good night? Why is it okay to say, "The defense still sucked, and it's through luck that they didn't get the shit beat out of them on the scoreboard," but when we say, "Alex Smith leaving big plays on the field like he does is inexcusable, and we're just lucky we got the 16 points we ****ing did at all" that's being disingenuous?

People like Mahomes because we predict he's going to end up being way better than Alex Smith. It's why so many of us preferred him to Deshaun Watson and why we would have been ****ing pissed with a limited QB like Peterman or Dobbs. A significantly better QB finds the shit that Alex missed on the field and makes those plays happen. He challenges the Pittsburgh secondary and maybe softens up the front 7 so we can find some balance with our ground game. All things that Alex does not ever do except in rare circumstances or when he's facing a terrible defense. We're not expecting immediate Brady or Big Ben production, although we think Mahomes has the top-end potential and COULD possibly be that for us. Who knows? The sky's the limit with him.

For unknown reasons, since you claim to not be an Alex ball-washer, you paint a picture of our team in which Alex is surrounded by a bunch of ****ing reeruns and assholes. EVEN with our injury problems on D, that's pretty far from the truth. I think there are a good 10 QBs who could have taken what Alex was given against Pittsburgh and turned it into a win.

Baby Lee 05-14-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12872465)
Our 3rd string ILBs, backup DEs, and gimpy back problem-riddled NT who sucked all year against the run managed to do a pretty damn good job against probably the most explosive offense in the NFL that season. Big Ben didn't have a good night? Why is it okay to say, "The defense still sucked, and it's through luck that they didn't get the shit beat out of them on the scoreboard," but when we say, "Alex Smith leaving big plays on the field like he does is inexcusable, and we're just lucky we got the 16 points we ****ing did at all" that's being disingenuous?

People like Mahomes because we predict he's going to end up being way better than Alex Smith. It's why so many of us preferred him to Deshaun Watson and why we would have been ****ing pissed with a limited QB like Peterman or Dobbs. A significantly better QB finds the shit that Alex missed on the field and makes those plays happen. He challenges the Pittsburgh secondary and maybe softens up the front 7 so we can find some balance with our ground game. All things that Alex does not ever do except in rare circumstances or when he's facing a terrible defense. We're not expecting immediate Brady or Big Ben production, although we think Mahomes has the top-end potential and COULD possibly be that for us. Who knows? The sky's the limit with him.

For unknown reasons, since you claim to not be an Alex ball-washer, you paint a picture of our team in which Alex is surrounded by a bunch of ****ing reeruns and assholes. EVEN with our injury problems on D, that's pretty far from the truth. I think there are a good 10 QBs who could have taken what Alex was given against Pittsburgh and turned it into a win.

I'm not saying the rest of the team is crap. I'm saying that when we've lost in the playoffs, they entire team didn't show up. That's whether Alex puts up 44 or 16. Every team has times when the offense doesn't show up, or the defense doesn't show up. Even the GSOT eeked out a 12-10 game AT HOME against Tampa on the way to the SB. But somehow, our problems are always 'need a better QB' even though the consensus is, even if we tied the game against Pitt, the opposing team would have just marched right back down for the lead in the closing moments. It just blows my mind that people can say that the opposition can erase our every lead, so it's on the QB in that particular instance, regardless of what the rest of the team does to make the difference.

Even the gold standard, Brady. How much of his glory has come as a result of defensive stands, or certainly short drives for long FGs with the game still in reach?

jd1020 05-14-2017 07:59 PM

Pretty sure the defense showed up for the Pittsburgh game.

In before someone bitches about the run defense before acknowledging that the Steelers scored the 2nd lowest points that week and didn't score a single TD.

It's painfully ****ing obvious this team needs better play from its QB. The ****ing defense has been at worst rank 7 since Alex has come to town. The running game has been top 10, excluding last year when they were 15th. Yet the ONLY year the passing offense has been above 20 was last season when the team lost in the playoffs to FGs and went more than 2 full quarters without putting any points on the board.

The Franchise 05-14-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12872478)
Pretty sure the defense showed up for the Pittsburgh game.

In before someone bitches about the run defense before acknowledging that the Steelers scored the 2nd lowest points that week and didn't score a single TD.

Be prepared for the TOP argument and how the defense never gave the offense enough chances.

jd1020 05-14-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12872501)
Be prepared for the TOP argument and how the defense never gave the offense enough chances.

I was thinking it would be King strolling in here talking about how Ware didn't show up with his 35 yards on a whopping 8 carries because he couldn't carve through the entire Pittsburgh defense daring the Chiefs NOT to run.

Anyone that wants to come in parading around TOP can go ahead and explain to me what happened between 6:14 to go in the 1st when the Chiefs scored a TD and :15 left in the 3rd when the Chiefs scored their next points. They had 6 possessions in there to get at least 1 FG.

Baby Lee 05-14-2017 08:21 PM

So hyperbole is a coping mechanism?

jd1020 05-14-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12872511)
So hyperbole is a coping mechanism?

Care to point out what statement I made was hyperbole?

Reerun_KC 05-14-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12872455)
Maybe we could play yet another round of 'maybe Von Miller will rip Alex's head off his body!!' Or the umpteenth round of 'Lamar made a deal with the Illuminati to never seek a franchise QB in the draft.'

If were lucky.

Reerun_KC 05-14-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12872451)
Don't throw stones in a glass house, princess

I'll just dump it off to the couch.

jd1020 05-14-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12872501)

I guess we could say special teams didn't show up because we didn't get any returns for TDs. ****ing special teams... bringing down the team.

RealSNR 05-14-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12872471)
I'm not saying the rest of the team is crap. I'm saying that when we've lost in the playoffs, they entire team didn't show up. That's whether Alex puts up 44 or 16. Every team has times when the offense doesn't show up, or the defense doesn't show up. Even the GSOT eeked out a 12-10 game AT HOME against Tampa on the way to the SB. But somehow, our problems are always 'need a better QB' even though the consensus is, even if we tied the game against Pitt, the opposing team would have just marched right back down for the lead in the closing moments. It just blows my mind that people can say that the opposition can erase our every lead, so it's on the QB in that particular instance, regardless of what the rest of the team does to make the difference.

Even the gold standard, Brady. How much of his glory has come as a result of defensive stands, or certainly short drives for long FGs with the game still in reach?

You like the Mahomes pick, right? You said you do in this thread.

If you're really serious about what you're saying in this conversation regarding Alex's playoff performance, why aren't you against the Mahomes pick and parroting what OldSchool and a few others were after the draft when they were pissed we didn't take Reuben Foster? I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but it would seem that the gist of what you're getting at is an elite ILB who could significantly cut down Bell's YPC that game would have been more helpful to the team than an upgrade at QB.

New World Order 05-14-2017 08:52 PM

Problems since the Cassel days:

-Checkdown throws that lead to few points

-Conservative playcalling; some say bad playcalling (insert Tyreek Hill gif)

-Lack of efficiency in the red zone

And the list goes on and on

Reerun_KC 05-14-2017 08:53 PM

Set up that punter. Bitch!!!

Baby Lee 05-14-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12872534)
You like the Mahomes pick, right? You said you do in this thread.

If you're really serious about what you're saying in this conversation regarding Alex's playoff performance, why aren't you against the Mahomes pick and parroting what OldSchool and a few others were after the draft when they were pissed we didn't take Reuben Foster? I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but it would seem that the gist of what you're getting at is an elite ILB who could significantly cut down Bell's YPC that game would have been more helpful to the team than an upgrade at QB.

Because I have faith in the process of talent evaluation by Dorsey and his scouts. And because I think when Mahomes is ready, it's a solid foundation for possibly 12-15 years. Doesn't mean I'm gonna grouse and twiddle my thumbs for the next 1-2 seasons if that's the time table Reid settles on.

RealSNR 05-14-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12872562)
Because I have faith in the process of talent evaluation by Dorsey and his scouts. And because I think when Mahomes is ready, it's a solid foundation for possibly 12-15 years. Doesn't mean I'm gonna grouse and twiddle my thumbs for the next 1-2 seasons if that's the time table Reid settles on.

I don't think anybody will be grousing, even if the team is bad and Alex is underperforming. Drafturbators and true fans alike want this QB to work out. Nobody wants to throw him out there too early.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 05-15-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12872509)
I was thinking it would be King strolling in here talking about how Ware didn't show up with his 35 yards on a whopping 8 carries because he couldn't carve through the entire Pittsburgh defense daring the Chiefs NOT to run.

Anyone that wants to come in parading around TOP can go ahead and explain to me what happened between 6:14 to go in the 1st when the Chiefs scored a TD and :15 left in the 3rd when the Chiefs scored their next points. They had 6 possessions in there to get at least 1 FG.

Dropped passes, Jah Reid missed block on someone half his size leads to an INT, and a West fumble that kills a drive to end the half.

You're welcome.

As Dorsey said: " This is Alex Smith's team"

TigeRRUppeRRcut 05-15-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12872562)

BINGO.

Rushing the QBOTF into action would be premature, stupid, and reckless. This chapter of Alex Smith is not over. We invested money in Jamaal Charles...that ended up being a waste the last 2 seasons. We invested in Bowe...that was a huge mistake. We gave Houston the fattest defensive contract in franchise history...so far that's been a waste with a couple years left to decide his worth. And then there's Maclin...who's given us one great season but just played one of his worst. Of all the big contracts during Dorsey's regime, Smith has been the closest to meeting his value. We've only paid him an average of $14mil/year and he's led us to the 4th best record in the league over that time frame.

Smith has a 2 year window and his efficiency, sack rate, and QBR continue to improve. The pieces around him finally have experience (OL, RB, WR, TE). Time to accept that he's the leader and support this team. No more of this fair weather b.s. from the ignorant folk.

Hammock Parties 05-15-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12872709)
Smith has a 2 year window. No more of this fair weather b.s. from the ignorant folk.

You are the ignorant one in this conversation. Name one first round quarterback, other than Aaron Rodgers, who sat the bench for more than one year in the last 15 seasons.

Coogs 05-15-2017 07:28 AM

What if Reid and Dorsey decided Mahomes is ready to go opening day 2017?

We return our entire starting line, WR core, TE, and running backs. The whole frigging offense basically. This wouldn't be like throwing a rookie QB out ther with some expansion quality team like the Browns.

What if Mahomes shows he can handle the playbook good enough to run the team come training camp, and can make the plays this offense has sorely been lacking? Should he still sit just because?

Reerun_KC 05-15-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 12872715)
What if Reid and Dorsey decided Mahomes is ready to go opening day 2017?

We return our entire starting line, WR core, TE, and running backs. The whole frigging offense basically. This wouldn't be like throwing a rookie QB out ther with some expansion quality team.

What if Mahomes shows he can handle the playbook good enough to run the team come training camp, and can make the plays this offense has sorely been lacking? Should he still sit just because?

He should play. Won't be hard to exceed Smith's practice squad numbers last year...

Rasputin 05-15-2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

BINGO.

Rushing the QBOTF into action would be premature, stupid, and reckless. This chapter of Alex Smith is not over. We invested money in Jamaal Charles...that ended up being a waste the last 2 seasons. We invested in Bowe...that was a huge mistake. We gave Houston the fattest defensive contract in franchise history...so far that's been a waste with a couple years left to decide his worth. And then there's Maclin...who's given us one great season but just played one of his worst. Of all the big contracts during Dorsey's regime, Smith has been the closest to meeting his value. We've only paid him an average of $14mil/year and he's led us to the 4th best record in the league over that time frame.

Smith has a 2 year window and his efficiency, sack rate, and QBR continue to improve. The pieces around him finally have experience (OL, RB, WR, TE). Time to accept that he's the leader and support this team. No more of this fair weather b.s. from the ignorant folk.

Go eat a bag of dicks you ****ing ****.

You only jumped on the Chiefs bandwagon to follow Alex Smith, if he went anywhere else that would be the team you would be going for not the Chiefs so you are a fraud Chiefs fan.

Alex Smith is as good as gone by next year. Say your goodbyes this is his farewell tour.

There is no rushing a quarterback into playing too soon that is ready to go by the next year if not sooner. You can't rush a guy that is ready and Patrick Mahomes II loves the game of football. His dad is a pro athlete so his pedigree is strong and he has a strong will to succeed so those are all attributes that gives him an edge up to be ready. Mahomes II will be starting 2018 if not any sooner. It's not rushing him when he can handle what is given or earned by the coach.

The Chiefs will not miss Alex Smith 15 touchdown seasons.

Mr. Plow 05-15-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12871143)
QBR 50-> 56-> 61-> 63.4 (ranked 11th in the league)
Completion % : 60 -> 65 -> 65 -> 67
Total Td's: 19 -> 22 -> 20

He's improving and the numbers show it. And he did so the past 2 years playing against a top 5 strength of schedule

LMAO

jd1020 05-15-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Smith has a 2 year window and his efficiency, sack rate, and QBR continue to improve.

Can't argue with that. The offense was pretty ****ing efficient at kicking field goals in the RZ.

raybec 4 05-15-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12870649)
Yup... if Smith intends to start somewhere in 2018, he better impress his potential suitors this year

Honestly though, I see him retiring when KC lets him go... he isnt going to a loser franchise to suffer at the end of his career IMO

So if he wants to be a genuine hero, its now or never

I disagree. Smith has shown he's the steady presence needed to make a young talented team a contender. Look at the talent a team like Jacksonville has put together. If you throw Alex in as the starter in Jax they immediately become dangerous. He's not going to carry a team on his shoulders but he was exactly what this franchise needed to put the rest of the pieces in place while becoming relevant again. There are always teams looking to add someone like Alex and he's definitely going to be able to cash in if he wants to after he leaves KC.

raybec 4 05-15-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12872711)
You are the ignorant one in this conversation. Name one first round quarterback, other than Aaron Rodgers, who sat the bench for more than one year in the last 15 seasons.

Phillip Rivers

Grim 05-15-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12872749)
I disagree. Smith has shown he's the steady presence needed to make a young talented team a contender. Look at the talent a team like Jacksonville has put together. If you throw Alex in as the starter in Jax they immediately become dangerous. He's not going to carry a team on his shoulders but he was exactly what this franchise needed to put the rest of the pieces in place while becoming relevant again. There are always teams looking to add someone like Alex and he's definitely going to be able to cash in if he wants to after he leaves KC.

If Matt Cassel can get work after his stint in KC, so can Smith.

Rasputin 05-15-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

No team will be afraid of the Jaguars with Alex Smith at quarterback. They aren't afraid of him now with the Chiefs. They are however afraid of the Chiefs defense as they produce turnovers and they are sure afraid of Tyreek Hill kick returns but as for Alex Smith they look forward to playing against him because they can stack the defense. What defensive coordinator is afraid of Alex Smith?

raybec 4 05-15-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12872757)
No team will be afraid of the Jaguars with Alex Smith at quarterback. They aren't afraid of him now with the Chiefs. They are however afraid of the Chiefs defense as they produce turnovers and they are sure afraid of Tyreek Hill kick returns but as for Alex Smith they look forward to playing against him because they can stack the defense. What defensive coordinator is afraid of Alex Smith?

Yeah, because that's what I said. Alex isn't scaring anyone, we all know that. He also isn't going to lose games by making mistakes either. That's what a young team needs in order to go from awful to good. But he'll never make a team great.

Rasputin 05-15-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12872779)
Yeah, because that's what I said. Alex isn't scaring anyone, we all know that. He also isn't going to lose games by making mistakes either. That's what a young team needs in order to go from awful to good. But he'll never make a team great.

Um no that's not what you said but ok. Anyways after this season how much heart is going be in Alex Smith if he gets beat up with sacks or takes a head shot concussion? He took a big beat down early and often in his career and didn't finish a lot of seasons for it. So I really question his desire to keeping on with another team to start all over again especially a young team.

raybec 4 05-15-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12872794)
Um no that's not what you said but ok. Anyways after this season how much heart is going be in Alex Smith if he gets beat up with sacks or takes a head shot concussion? He took a big beat down early and often in his career and didn't finish a lot of seasons for it. So I really question his desire to keeping on with another team to start all over again especially a young team.

Read the bold again it says the team becomes dangerous, not Alex. And I suppose we'll just have to see what happens after he leaves KC. He'll be able to go somewhere and start if he wants to.

Rasputin 05-15-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12872800)
Read the bold again it says the team becomes dangerous, not Alex. And I suppose we'll just have to see what happens after he leaves KC. He'll be able to go somewhere and start if he wants to.

Like it's been mentioned if Matt Cassel could find work robbing teams of money so can Alex Smith.

Sandy Vagina 05-15-2017 08:50 AM

I'm confused to why people are debating on what happens to Smith after he's gone from KC, lol.

I mean, you want him gone.. and he'll be gone. So, if not a fan in the first place, why GAF where he goes?

The Franchise 05-15-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12872751)
Phillip Rivers

So we're looking at Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers. Two QBs draft in the 1st round that sat for more than 1 year because they were behind a HOF QB and a future HOF QB. Got it.

The Franchise 05-15-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12872817)
I'm confused to why people are debating on what happens to Smith after he's gone from KC, lol.

I mean, you want him gone.. and he'll be gone. So, if not a fan in the first place, why GAF where he goes?

I want to know where to mail your Christmas card.

Sandy Vagina 05-15-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12872841)
I want to know where to mail your Christmas card.

Well duh... 0011 Smiffers Anal BLVD in Alexville. :)

raybec 4 05-15-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12872840)
So we're looking at Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers. Two QBs draft in the 1st round that sat for more than 1 year because they were behind a HOF QB and a future HOF QB. Got it.

I want Mahomes to start ASAP. But if he isn't ready they have to recognize that. I hope like hell he gets some PT this year and starts next year but I won't be mad if that's not how it works.

Honestly Clay asked for an example and I gave it to him. I understand the hate for Alex. I also understand Alex couldn't touch Brees or Favre in terms of QB play. The best case scenario for the team is if Alex goes out and has a career season and we get to go deep in the playoffs. If he can do that (and we all know he can't) he'll add value to the team by winning meaningful games and creating the perfect scenario for Mahomes development.

TambaBerry 05-15-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

I think it is safe to say nobody here absolutely hates Alex Smith, we just wish we could have moved on from him sooner. The guy got us to a respectable position and was a perfect stop gap for our team. Its just I don't want him as my starting qb if I know he can't win a Super Bowl.

The Franchise 05-15-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12872877)
I want Mahomes to start ASAP. But if he isn't ready they have to recognize that. I hope like hell he gets some PT this year and starts next year but I won't be mad if that's not how it works.

Honestly Clay asked for an example and I gave it to him. I understand the hate for Alex. I also understand Alex couldn't touch Brees or Favre in terms of QB play. The best case scenario for the team is if Alex goes out and has a career season and we get to go deep in the playoffs. If he can do that (and we all know he can't) he'll add value to the team by winning meaningful games and creating the perfect scenario for Mahomes development.

Oh I'm not advocating for starting Mahomes this season. I stated before we drafted him that if we drafted a QB.....that 2017 was Smith's year. It will be his final year.

dls6501 05-15-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12872704)
Dropped passes, Jah Reid missed block on someone half his size leads to an INT, and a West fumble that kills a drive to end the half.

You're welcome.

As Dorsey said: " This is Alex Smith's team"

It is just amazing the stuff you can spew out in order to defend Alex.

West fumble that "kills a drive?" HE FUMBLED WITH 13 SECONDS LEFT ON OUR OWN 35 YARD LINE!!

Damn that West. If only he didnt fumble, maybe Alex would have scored 2 or 3 touchdowns before the half.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 05-15-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dls6501 (Post 12873040)

West fumble that "kills a drive?" HE FUMBLED WITH 13 SECONDS LEFT ON OUR OWN 35 YARD LINE!!

Damn that West. If only he didnt fumble, maybe Alex would have scored 2 or 3 touchdowns before the half.

Had a timeout left to get into FG region. Fact. Remember the final score of the game?
Ignorance is strong with you.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 05-15-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

:clap:

Hammock Parties 05-15-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12872751)
Phillip Rivers

Forgot about him.

So, yeah, two guys in 15 years, and both sat behind HOF QBs.

Totally compares to the situation in KC. We should definitely apply the outlier to this situation.

Sandy Vagina 05-15-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dls6501 (Post 12873040)

So you are saying that essentially, the KC offense only had 8 reasonable opportunities to score, then.

So tell us... which drives of those drives..

.. other than the TD drive early
.. and the final drive that Fisher hold screws us on
.. and the INT caused by quick pressure drilling the QB so the ball could hang up in the air
.. or the Kelce drop over the middle..
.. or the Ware drop?...
.. or the multiple OL penalties that sank them to 3rd and forever on the 2nd/3rd drive...

I count two left.. and can remember off the top of my head that one of the remaining two was in fact on Smith (the 3rd and 7 sack, where you just have to let it go)

anyone quick remember the last drive in question? oh yes.. the FG drive to get KC within 5.

So the QB.. was responsible for one drive failing due to taking that sack.

thoughts? any vague and witty response to avoid discussing these?

which of the remaining

SAUTO 05-15-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12873108)
So you are saying that essentially, the KC offense only had 8 reasonable opportunities to score, then.

So tell us... which drives of those drives..

.. other than the TD drive early
.. and the final drive that Fisher hold screws us on
.. and the INT caused by quick pressure drilling the QB so the ball could hang up in the air
.. or the Kelce drop over the middle..
.. or the Ware drop?...
.. or the multiple OL penalties that sank them to 3rd and forever on the 2nd/3rd drive...

I count two left.. and can remember off the top of my head that one of the remaining two was in fact on Smith (the 3rd and 7 sack, where you just have to let it go)

anyone quick remember the last drive in question? oh yes.. the FG drive to get KC within 5.

So the QB.. was responsible for one drive failing due to taking that sack.

thoughts? any vague and witty response to avoid discussing these?

which of the remaining

The one where he missed a wide open Tyreek hill? That was a walk in td. Where do you mention that?

It's easy to look at the play list after the fact and make excuses, some of us actually watch the games.

Sandy Vagina 05-15-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12873126)
The one where he missed a wide open Tyreek hill? That was a walk in td. Where do you mention that?

It's easy to look at the play list after the fact and make excuses, some of us actually watch the games.

Quote:

any vague and witty response to avoid discussing these?
and there it is... ROFL

Reerun_KC 05-15-2017 11:42 AM

Someone should post "the gif"....

SAUTO 05-15-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12873133)
and there it is... ROFL

That wasnt vague at all. I think it's VERY specific

The Franchise 05-15-2017 11:52 AM

It will NEVER be Alex Smith's fault. That's what it comes down to.

If the Chiefs lose....it was because of the team.

If the Chiefs win.....all Alex does is win, baby.

Hammock Parties 05-15-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12873148)
Someone should post "the gif"....

How about seven of them?

1. Alex Smith misses Reek deep.

http://i.imgur.com/jZy7Z04.gif

2. Alex Smith misses Reek down the middle and Kelce in the flat.

http://i.imgur.com/w2lBPbn.gif

3. Alex throws an inaccurate ball to a RB with cracked ribs, who barely gets a finger on it.

http://i.imgur.com/9gjhvoe.gif

4. Alex Smith misses Reek deep again.

http://i.imgur.com/oc6JhHd.gif

5. Alex Smith misses Conley open over the middle.

http://i.imgur.com/2svWDlI.gif

6. Alex Smith throws a bad ball on a screen pass to a RB with cracked ribs.

http://i.imgur.com/owTIGnn.gif

7. Alex Smith misses a wide open Spencer Ware on a key third down, opting instead to set up the punter.

http://i.imgur.com/WUoPX5q.gif

Reerun_KC 05-15-2017 12:06 PM

/thread

Red Beans 05-15-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12873183)
How about seven of them?

3. Alex throws an inaccurate ball to a RB with cracked ribs, who barely gets a finger on it.

7. Alex Smith misses a wide open Spencer Ware on a key third down, opting instead to set up the punter.

This is brutal. Watching this all at once is like having an antifreeze enema.

SAUTO 05-15-2017 12:20 PM

too vague/sandy cheeks

Dave Lane 05-15-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12872877)

No best case scenario Alex gets concussed in preseason retires and Mahomes comes in immediately and leads us to 7 SBs over 18 years. THAT is the best case scenario.

Mr. Plow 05-15-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12873133)
and there it is... ROFL

Sandy: "Here are all the reasons it wasn't Alex's fault....."

Everyone: "Here are all the reasons it was his fault....."

Sandy: "Nobody will answer my question!! Ha ha ha, I wonder why that is!!"

Mr. Plow 05-15-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

How about seven of them?

Ouch.

Dayze 05-15-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12873227)
too vague/sandy cheeks

LMAO

exactly.

Reerun_KC 05-15-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

How about seven of them?

And that's why you move up 17 spots to take your QB...

raybec 4 05-15-2017 01:03 PM

Every one of those plays was a hidden touchdown.

Reerun_KC 05-15-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12873295)
Every one of those plays was a hidden touchdown.

Of how efficient those plays were on his QBR.... He's so professional at setting up the punter.

Halfcan 05-15-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12873288)
And that's why you move up 17 spots to take your QB...

Exactly. And people keep defending Alex in that game. :rolleyes:

He would not throw to open receivers, instead, he kept running to the ****ing sideline. He made the Steelers defense look like the 85 Bears. He came out flat, no passion and played scared to death the whole game.

We lost that game Because of ALEX.

If ALex is still the starting QB in 2018- I won't be watching the Chiefs at all.

Sandy Vagina 05-15-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12873286)
LMAO

exactly.

exactly nothing.

He picked out some select pics of plays throughout the game.. a few of which are poor examples of QB fault.

Let me ask you. If it's 2nd and 10, the QB throws a wild and inaccurate incompletion... but then throws a perfect 3rd down completion to convert... do we really give two shits at this point about the 2nd down pass???

My direct specification was on blame for why a possession... why in this case... 8 lone possessions... failed. I listed the possessions.. why they failed.. and yet still.. all I get is evasion tactics.

I think we all can see why that is. No one wants to go there.. for fear that they can truly, genuinely, only blame the QB for 1 of the 8 drives in the whole game failing.

notorious 05-15-2017 01:47 PM

I can't wait until this is all over.

beach tribe 05-15-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

How about seven of them?

We had our playful spats but I never questioned this man's value to the board.

This is GoChiefs, Bitch.

This thread is done.

And so is Smith.

raybec 4 05-15-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12873383)
We had our playful spats but I never questioned this man's value to the board.

This is GoChiefs, Bitch.

This thread is done.

And so is Smith.

This is not evidence/Sandy

beach tribe 05-15-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12873374)
exactly nothing.

He picked out some select pics of plays throughout the game.. a few of which are poor examples of QB fault.

Let me ask you. If it's 2nd and 10, the QB throws a wild and inaccurate incompletion... but then throws a perfect 3rd down completion to convert... do we really give two shits at this point about the 2nd down pass???

My direct specification was on blame for why a possession... why in this case... 8 lone possessions... failed. I listed the possessions.. why they failed.. and yet still.. all I get is evasion tactics.

I think we all can see why that is. No one wants to go there.. for fear that they can truly, genuinely, only blame the QB for 1 of the 8 drives in the whole game failing.

WOW.

I'm not even going to waste my time.

Sandy Vagina 05-15-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12873390)
This is not evidence/Sandy

it's reeruned... you are all reerunedly jerking off to reerunism. Well done.

Halfcan 05-15-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12873376)

The end of the Alex era is almost over.

We just have to watch his mediocre, skittish, 200 yards a game, play for one more season.

beach tribe 05-15-2017 01:55 PM

Conley and Ware BOTH come open in "5", but, you know, past 10 yards.

notorious 05-15-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12873376)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12873393)
The end of the Alex era is almost over.

We just have to watch his mediocre, skittish, 200 yards a game, play for one more season.

It blows my mind how anyone can argue over this. It really is a waste of time.

beach tribe 05-15-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12873392)

ROFL

Bless your heart...

notorious 05-15-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12873400)
ROFL

Bless your heart...

His resilience is admirable. I hope he transfers it to the next QB.

ptlyon 05-15-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12873404)
His resilience is admirable. I hope he transfers it to the next ****ing message board wherever the POS Smith goes.

FYP

raybec 4 05-15-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12873392)

Here you go Sandy, argue with something you have a chance to outsmart.

https://www.renaissancemusings.com/w...of-Hammers.jpg

Sandy Vagina 05-15-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12873406)
Here you go Sandy, argue with something you have a chance to outsmart.

or instead of the witty tap outs... you could just man up and answer... how many of those 8 drives vs Pit was the QB responsible for failing?

This isn't complicated, and you are all running scared instead of answering.

ptlyon 05-15-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12873409)
or instead of the witty tap outs... you could just man up and answer... how many of those 8 drives vs Pit was the QB responsible for failing?

This isn't complicated, and you are all running scared instead of answering.

Pretty simple. Eight.

Dayze 05-15-2017 02:07 PM

"aside from that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln"?

Sandy Vagina 05-15-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12873413)
Pretty simple. Eight.

so let's start with 1, and see where it goes. The INT. Smith was quickly hit around the right side as he was throwing. The ball hung in the air and was an easy rainbow INT for the LB.

Smith's fault? or the RT's?