ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2014 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282559)

BossChief 04-07-2014 10:13 PM

I'm kinda torn between 5 prospects, but I could make my pick pretty quickly, too.

I'm not trying to be pushy at all, but if he pmd you his pick this morning in case it came up during the day (presumably during today's work day) then I'm not sure why we haven't made his pick and keep the ball rolling.

Rams Fan 04-07-2014 11:36 PM

San Diego Chargers select: Keith McGill, CB, Utah

chiefscafan 04-07-2014 11:41 PM

The New Orleans Saints select

Trent Murphy OLB/DE Stanford

Ok so here is the rationale. Saints need a compliment pass rusher OLB to Victor Butler. Murphy has experience in 3-4 which Saints run. Very surprised he is still available but a lot of talent have fallen in this draft

chiefscafan 04-07-2014 11:46 PM

Pmd boss just now

RealSNR 04-08-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10547375)
Eh, not really. I have Brooks rated pretty high too, just not ahead of some of the guys who are still available; he shows a lot of versatility in what he can do. Range to play single high, fluidity and quickness to drop down into the slot, and showed the ability to diagnose, beat the block, and attack the RB on outside runs.

I'm just a bit surprised that someone took him ahead of, just from his own team, Lamarcus Joyner or Telvin Smith who are both more pro-ready prospects. Joyner, like Mayock has said, reminds me a lot of the Honey Badger, his instincts and tenacity more than make up for his lack of elite measurables. I can see why people would rate Brooks over him as a pro prospect though, and that's all because of the size difference, not the actual result on the field.

As for Smith, he doesn't want to move to safety but I think he'd be wonderful in the box safety role which would be fine for the Packers because they already have their FS in Burnett.

IMO, Brooks just isn't a plug and play guy right now. You'd been better of with Deone Buccanon as well. I think Buccanon is a much more pro-ready prospect and he'll go higher than Brooks in the actual draft.

Why? Just because Buccanon played more years of experience than Brooks?Buccanon has a lot of fluidity and coverage issues. He's not ideal at all for what Dom Capers would ask him to do. He also takes shitty angles. If the Packers want a guy like that, they should just stick with transitioning Micah Hyde to FS and draft offensive linemen.

I'd much rather have Brooks as a rookie than any other safety in this draft not named Clinton-Dix, Pryor, or Ward. Brooks has less experience than someone like Buccanon, but has still started two full seasons for Florida State, a very good defense in those two seasons. He's the smarter player, a FAR better coverage safety, and he's way more versatile. The rough edges he has as a tackler can be coached.

Also, Morgan Burnett played SS for the Packers last year there, buddy.

And finally, I'm not sure why you brought up Joyner. You're not suggesting putting a 5'8 dude at FS, are you? The Packers don't need more CBs, and if I were drafting based on pure BPA, Joyner wouldn't be even remotely close to the top of that list.

BossChief 04-08-2014 06:40 AM

The Colts select Davante Adams WR Fresno State

The Franchise 04-08-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10547664)
The Colts select Davante Adams WR Fresno State

:mad:

The Franchise 04-08-2014 07:29 AM

I don't get that pick for the Colts.....and not just because I was going to draft him with my Panthers pick.

The Colts defense ****ing sucks. You've stacked their WRs...but they still can't stop anybody.

DaKCMan AP 04-08-2014 07:34 AM

I'm here....until 10a if you quit whining and get your Panthers pick in. :p

The Franchise 04-08-2014 07:49 AM

The Carolina Panthers select Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson

DaKCMan AP 04-08-2014 07:52 AM

The 49ers shored up their safeties during free agency, but need to bolster their corners.

The 49ers select Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson

Sfeihc 04-08-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10547753)
The Carolina Panthers select Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson

Did you hurt yourself reaching for that pick?

j/k I was hoping he would slide to the Lions next pick.

DaKCMan AP 04-08-2014 07:53 AM

The following errors occurred with your submission:
  1. Sorter has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Sorter from the recipient list and send the message again.

Sfeihc 04-08-2014 07:56 AM

It was that F'in Loki again, wasn't it?

The Franchise 04-08-2014 08:05 AM

I sent Sorter a PM. You have to be friends with him to send him one.