ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Bump 10-25-2011 11:06 PM

don't worry! it's the first day!

don't worry! it's the first week!

don't worry! it's just the first month!

they knew that a lot of people were going to buy this, these excuses are old and tired.

Kraus 10-25-2011 11:20 PM

EA can never have their servers ready for any game on launch. It's ****ing ridiculous.

Doesn't matter for me, my release-day (bullshit!) delivery from Amazon didn't show up today.

Pants 10-25-2011 11:23 PM

I haven't touched MP yet. Playing through the campaign right now on Hard and loving it. I love the realism.

Johnny Vegas 10-25-2011 11:29 PM

yea campaign on hard is, pants on the ground, a good time. The efficiency of cleaning out a room or hallway in seconds gives me a boner.

When you guys get your battlelog set up and get your ID finialized post yours up so we can add ya to the log. My ID tag for the battlelog is SNYP3R406. Add me on the website.

TinyEvel 10-26-2011 12:16 AM

Just picked it up and quit after ten attempts to guard the bridge with the LMG in Campaign :cuss: I'm on medium. This one's harder than CoD. Three bullets or one grenade and you're dead.

Munson 10-26-2011 01:34 AM

Well, I'm liking the multiplayer so far, except for the fact that EA servers suck balls. I suspect that the severs will crash multiple times per day for the next few days. But at least I managed to get in about 2 hours of quality death matches.

Mr. Plow 10-26-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8049776)
I haven't touched MP yet. Playing through the campaign right now on Hard and loving it. I love the realism.

Campaign on hard is a surprisingly tough in spots. It seemed like BF2 was too easy on hard - this one seems about right. Loving it thus far.

Just played a couple of MP games last night....liked what I saw. I'll hopefully be on tonight and with any luck, actually be able to get into some games.

Pants 10-26-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8050065)
Campaign on hard is a surprisingly tough in spots. It seemed like BF2 was too easy on hard - this one seems about right. Loving it thus far.

Just played a couple of MP games last night....liked what I saw. I'll hopefully be on tonight and with any luck, actually be able to get into some games.

Yeah, I got stuck for the first time on the part where you have to take 2 MG nests out at night (by the canal) and then rush some building. Kept dying until I found the right way to approach that goddamn hotel or whatever it is. That was a bit frustrating but nothing like that BLOPS tank mission on Veteran. I love how much crisper this game is than the BC games as far as controls and shooting goes.

Spoiler!

Mr. Plow 10-26-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8050096)
Yeah, I got stuck for the first time on the part where you have to take 2 MG nests out at night (by the canal) and then rush some building. Kept dying until I found the right way to approach that goddamn hotel or whatever it is. That was a bit frustrating but nothing like that BLOPS tank mission on Veteran. I love how much crisper this game is than the BC games as far as controls and shooting goes.

Spoiler!

ROFL

Holy **** that part pissed me off. First 2 MG stations were easy to get through. Just stay out of the line of fire and your team will grenade them. The third one in the hotel......nobody on my team would move up further than I was. If I moved backwards, they followed me like dumb****s. I ended up sneaking up by the wall just below the enemies. Not surprising, as I came up the stairs, my entire team miraculously was there waiting for me like I'd been holding them up. ****ers.

Pants 10-26-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8050129)
ROFL

Holy **** that part pissed me off. First 2 MG stations were easy to get through. Just stay out of the line of fire and your team will grenade them. The third one in the hotel......nobody on my team would move up further than I was. If I moved backwards, they followed me like dumb****s. I ended up sneaking up by the wall just below the enemies. Not surprising, as I came up the stairs, my entire team miraculously was there waiting for me like I'd been holding them up. ****ers.

Yeah, I used the left edge to advance (hugging the left wall). I think either one would probably work. I hope people read this before they get to that part and want to smash their controller. :)

Skyy God 10-26-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 8049770)
EA can never have their servers ready for any game on launch. It's ****ing ridiculous.

Doesn't matter for me, my release-day (bullshit!) delivery from Amazon didn't show up today.

Putting all that extra revenue from jobbing used buyers & renters to work, I see.

Bambi 10-26-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8049776)

I just played through the first little mission on the roof.

It's crazy how "deep" this game feels.

Even the couple of MP rounds my cousin and I got to play are crazy.

You shoot down streets so far it's hard to get your head around. There are cross streets, windows all over the place....enemies a good 400 yards away.

Once the lag gets worked out it is going to be sick.

Enemies are really difficult to spot. Cover fire, coordinated movements, etc are all very important. Running and gunning really isn't going to work in this game. At least until people figure out all the maps and sh_t.

Bambi 10-26-2011 12:09 PM

This reerun already has 13,000 kills

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/therussian59/

Buck 10-26-2011 12:18 PM

Is anyone else having problems with the knife? I had these 2 guys sneaking up on me and I knifed one, nothing happened. I then shot the other guy dead, and then knifed the other dude in the face again and he didn't die and he killed me.

loochy 10-26-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8050579)
Is anyone else having problems with the knife? I had these 2 guys sneaking up on me and I knifed one, nothing happened. I then shot the other guy dead, and then knifed the other dude in the face again and he didn't die and he killed me.

Hit reg issues? I've read other complaints about hits not registering particularly well.