ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Mizzou_8541 06-18-2013 11:16 AM

I'm wondering if someone can provide a recap of a conversation I heard this morning on the way to work on either 610 or 810 (Sorry, I know that's not much information). It had something to do with Rex Hudler calling Moustakas out for not hustling and/or pouting, and that he should be sent down. Did anyone else hear that? What did Moose do (or fail to do)? What did Hudler say?

Sorry if Q; hadn't seen it discussed and am curious.

mr. tegu 06-18-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9759203)
ESPN's got a brutal 10-question True/False quiz on the rules of baseball. I'm proud to say I got 7/10.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/quiz...know-mlb-rules

3/10. :(

mr. tegu 06-18-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9759226)
I'm wondering if someone can provide a recap of a conversation I heard this morning on the way to work on either 610 or 810 (Sorry, I know that's not much information). It had something to do with Rex Hudler calling Moustakas out for not hustling and/or pouting, and that he should be sent down. Did anyone else hear that? What did Moose do (or fail to do)? What did Hudler say?

Sorry if Q; hadn't seen it discussed and am curious.

During the game last night Moustakas hit a relatively routine grounder to the first baseman. As soon as he left the batters box he put his head down and just sort of trotted to 1B without running hard or running as if he could potentially somehow get on base. Hudler crushed him on TV.

Chiefspants 06-18-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9759234)
During the game last night Moustakas hit a relatively routine grounder to the first baseman. As soon as he left the batters box he put his head down and just sort of trotted to 1B without running hard or running as if he could potentially somehow get on base. Hudler crushed him on TV.

Wow, I'm impressed that Hud did that (I had deemed any negative analysis from Hud an impossibility). Moose's spirits are completely defeated at this point, Dayton is the only one that doesn't see it.

Mizzou_8541 06-18-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9759234)

Wow, if Hudler turns on you, you know you've messed up. Thanks for the explanation.

Three7s 06-18-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9759243)
Wow, I'm impressed that Hud did that (I had deemed any negative analysis from Hud an impossibility). Moose's spirits are completely defeated at this point, Dayton is the only one that doesn't see it.

Yep, even Ned isn't playing him that much anymore. He'll have to go to Omaha eventually.

mr. tegu 06-18-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9759304)
Yep, even Ned isn't playing him that much anymore. He'll have to go to Omaha eventually.

He did get benched in the most favorable situation a hitter could ever be in last night (bases loaded, no outs). That was hopefully a sign to Moustakas that they were not happy with the effort he put forth in his last AB.

ChiTown 06-18-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9759304)

Send Moose down and bring up Irving Falu. Platoon Falu and Tejeda for as long as necessary.

Demonpenz 06-18-2013 12:01 PM

I didn't know you could stand on the base and get hit and you are out.

duncan_idaho 06-18-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9759174)
Read it, saw the other posts, still want him.

Can you elaborate on why you want him?

Kendrick is a nice player but not a star, and he probably costs "Star" prices to purchase. There are other targets who offer more offensive upside (Alex Rios, Chase Utley, Mike Morse) at likely lower costs in prospects/trade chips.

If you bring in a stop-gap like Utley or Morse, you can sign a similar replacement in FA for about the same money you'd give Kendrick.

If you are able to land a guy like Rios that you control for a few more years, don't have to worry as much about a FA bat.

I'll put it this way: Rios and Utley are big-enough bats to make a major difference and impact in the KC lineup. Kendrick is a good bat but does not have the same effect.

Demonpenz 06-18-2013 12:09 PM

escabar didn't run out a ball last week that was close. Got to have some red asses even if it is hudler yelling at em.

duncan_idaho 06-18-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9759329)
Send Moose down and bring up Irving Falu. Platoon Falu and Tejeda for as long as necessary.

They have better options than Falu. Anthony Seratelli, Johnny Giavotella.

Falu is really not as good as a lot of KC fans think he is.

WhawhaWhat 06-18-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9759359)
Falu is really not as good as a lot of KC fans think he is.

but you can say the same thing about Giavotella. Falu actually produced at the major league level (granted with only 1/4 of the ABs), where Giavotella hasn't.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-18-2013 12:19 PM

Ethier has negative trade value. That's the worst contract in baseball under $100 million. That would be worse than signing broke dick Reggie Sanders.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-18-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9759377)
but you can say the same thing about Giavotella. Falu actually produced at the major league level (granted with only 1/4 of the ABs), where Giavotella hasn't.

You really think 91 PAs is a valid sample size?