ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

Bowser 07-24-2022 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16379222)
Surprisingly, it was a really good trade for KC. Alex won me over. However, Patrick should have been starting half way through his rookie year. That's the hill I'll die on.

This is where I'm at. It's a legitimate debate on how that playoff game against the Titans would have turned out if Mahomes was in there after having half a season to get acclimated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16379465)
In general, you are correct.

However, he did lead the NFL in deep passing in 2017. Must have been eating his Wheaties.

Having a young Tyreek there for you and a younger and hungry Mahomes did wonders for Alex that year. First and only time he eclipsed 4K passing yards in a season.

threebag 07-24-2022 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16379482)
This is where I'm at. It's a legitimate debate on how that playoff game against the Titans would have turned out if Mahomes was in there after having half a season to get acclimated.

Forward Progress though

duncan_idaho 07-24-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 16379271)
He also took a 1-15 team and lead them to 11 wins his first year here with Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery and Anthony Fasano as his starting pass catching core.

While he was the catalyst that lead to Mahomes, he also helped us all forget about a toxic era of Chiefs football very quickly.

He is a Ring Of Honor inductee in my book. All day.

ABSOLUTELY not.

Ring of Honor inductees should be, you know, actually a PLUS to a football team. Not risk averse chickenshits who get dragged to success by a good roster around them, elite, rare playmakers (Jamaal Charles, Travis Kelce, Hill) and shrink in the playoffs/big moments.

He's a great person and I wish him the best. But Alex Smith didn't do anything special in KC and should not be enshrined for it.

dlphg9 07-24-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16379535)
ABSOLUTELY not.

Ring of Honor inductees should be, you know, actually a PLUS to a football team. Not risk averse chickenshits who get dragged to success by a good roster around them, elite, rare playmakers (Jamaal Charles, Travis Kelce, Hill) and shrink in the playoffs/big moments.

He's a great person and I wish him the best. But Alex Smith didn't do anything special in KC and should not be enshrined for it.

Chad Henne could have done exactly what Alex did with those teams. It's because Andy Reid is so God damn good.

Bowser 07-24-2022 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 16379502)
Forward Progress though

****ing ugh

Bearcat 07-24-2022 09:46 AM

It was like watching a dumpster fire of a kid admit they have a problem, get off drugs, seek counseling... and then a month later hook up with his druggie on-again-off-again ex while thinking it'll be different this time around.

And you know they'll be moderately happy, at least for a while, but a big part of you would rather see them struggle without anyone for a little while than go through the inevitable heartbreak once again, because you know the ex will only work out if they're put in the greatest of situations where they would basically ride the coattails of everyone around them.

And hey, it was objectively a success for a few years, because they quickly turned around their life and weren't a complete dumpster fire.... and that was the crux of the argument, people who enjoyed stepping over the insanely low bar of not being one of the worst human beings possible and striving for average, and others pointing out that maybe they should strive for something better for the first time in 3+ decades by stepping out of their comfort zone a bit.

-King- 07-24-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16379319)
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/u6EiPNT9dLDrU7ZQuF" width="480" height="259" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/the-godfather-coda-u6EiPNT9dLDrU7ZQuF">via GIPHY</a></p>

The dark days are behind us. Let it ****ing die.

LMAO @ Calling the Alex years "the dark days".

BigCatDaddy 07-24-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16379302)
What is that? Not throwing a TD pass to a WR for a full season?

LMAO Perfect response.

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-24-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16379482)

Having a young Tyreek there for you and a younger and hungry Mahomes did wonders for Alex that year. First and only time he eclipsed 4K passing yards in a season.

Correct. It is a telling statement on how much other factors impact players. Something that the plug and play Madden generation forgets.

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-24-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 16379372)
This describes like QBs 6-15 in the NFL every year.

It's incredibly hard to land a top 5 QB. Sometimes you just have to go with the #12 guy and hope for the best.

Well said. Excellent comment.

There are 3-5 QBs that every fan base would be happy with. Outside of them, there is never ending wishing for a QB of that caliber. CowboysZone has Dak Duels all day.

RealSNR 07-24-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16379544)
LMAO @ Calling the Alex years "the dark days".

Arguing about him every ****ing day?

During the season? Have an Alexexual fight!

During the offseason? Alexexual fight!

Training camp? Preseason? Draft? Alexexual fight!

Again, if you long for those days, then I guess this is the thread for you!

-King- 07-24-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16379584)
Arguing about him every ****ing day?

During the season? Have an Alexexual fight!

During the offseason? Alexexual fight!

Training camp? Preseason? Draft? Alexexual fight!

Again, if you long for those days, then I guess this is the thread for you!

I mean you guys chose to go back and forth with alexexuals. Seems like you made yourself more miserable.

Hell, this thread was bumped 4 years after he left and here you are again. Maybe you like talking about him.

Hammock Parties 07-24-2022 10:46 AM

alex was the leto atreides beta that brought us our alpha paul atreides named patrick

Fear is the drive-killer.

Fear is the checkdown that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over the first down line and through me.

And when it has gone past I will review the film to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only touchdowns will remain.

Rainbarrel 07-24-2022 10:56 AM

Post Traumatic Singletary Disorder. That ass freeze framed in his mind at the worst times

RealSNR 07-24-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16379590)
I mean you guys chose to go back and forth with alexexuals. Seems like you made yourself more miserable.

Hell, this thread was bumped 4 years after he left and here you are again. Maybe you like talking about him.

This thread got bumped by a Raiders fan who loves bumping threads.

And don't act like you were above the fray for those 5 years. It was everywhere even if you wanted to avoid it, man. There was always somebody who was going to bring it up and have the fight. Your only option to avoid it was to drastically decrease your participation in the football threads.