ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 02:29 PM

Cordarelle Patterson is fast as **** and tall.

I'd love him in the 2nd.

RunKC 12-18-2012 02:30 PM

Safety is what I want in the 2nd round.

This safety class is EPIC.

Kenny Vaccaro
Tony Jefferson
Bacarri RAMBO
Robert Lester
TJ McDonald
Shawn Williams

I ****ing hate seeing Kendrick Lewis miss tackles and look like shit out there. Time to replace his ass.

ChiefsCountry 12-18-2012 02:32 PM

I hope this kid declares. Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky. Perfect fit for us at Middle Linebacker. Hopefully we get a 3rd for Carr, because late 3rd/early 4th would be about right for him.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dMK4a-NcbJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9221556)
Stunning argument.

Captain of the debate team in high school?

I think I more than adequately outlined my reasons. And I have the mathematical probabilities behind me.

Coogs 12-18-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221596)
Interesting. They mention him "burning" defenses with his "speed" which I just patently disagree with...

I have not seen Clemson play, so I can not comment one way or the other. I'll take your work for it though.

Saccopoo 12-18-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9221704)
I think I more than adequately outlined my reasons. And I have the mathematical probabilities behind me.

What? That black quarterbacks haven't had a long history of success in the NFL?

That's your reasoning?

After given examples of Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, Doug Williams, Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb?

And you seem to fail in understanding that up until recently, black quarterbacks were about as rare as hen's teeth because of an underlying sense of racism based on stereotypical positioning of players.

Warren Moon easily should have been a first round pick when he came out of Washington State based on his play in college alone. He should have been the first overall pick based on his play and potential at the next level. However, he went undrafted and was forced to play QB in Canada for five ****ing seasons before somebody in the NFL decided he could actually play the QB position.

Right now, as it stands, I don't give a shit if Geno Smith is a fuscia colored tranny. The ****ing guy is as good a prospect at the QB position as I've ever seen. He's got the intangibles, the smarts, the drive, the arm, the release, the size, etc. to potentially be elite. That's why I want him as QB for the Chiefs. I don't give a rats ass if he's white, black, mangenta or chartruesse. He's a ****ing rock star at the position. I see the potential for greatness in Geno.

Arrow 12-18-2012 03:15 PM

The team should trade back. Geno Smith has potential but is risky. The Chiefs don't need another wasted first-round QB (Blackledge was kind of a disaster and that's the last time the team used a first-round pick). Walterfootball disagrees with me. But this reminds me of 1983 in that great QBs got taken and then the Chiefs feel they need to take one.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 03:15 PM

If Geno was gay it'd be a plus, because he'd just ignore all the hot tail that will be throwing itself at him come draft day.

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 03:16 PM

Warren moon is an outlier. That's all.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9221754)
Right now, as it stands, I don't give a shit if Geno Smith is a fuscia colored tranny.

WHAT?!?!?!

Can we take him NOW or do we have to wait for the draft?!?!?!

:eek:

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9221775)
Warren moon is an outlier. That's all.

Do you think Jim Kelly was a good QB? A guy worth drafting #1?

htismaqe 12-18-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrow (Post 9221771)
The team should trade back. Geno Smith has potential but is risky. The Chiefs don't need another wasted first-round QB (Blackledge was kind of a disaster and that's the last time the team used a first-round pick). Walterfootball disagrees with me. But this reminds me of 1983 in that great QBs got taken and then the Chiefs feel they need to take one.

Manti Te'o, amirite?

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9221782)
Do you think Jim Kelly was a good QB? A guy worth drafting #1?

Meh. Kind of a choker.

O.city 12-18-2012 03:21 PM

Here is what will happen.

The Chiefs will pass on Geno and draft some slapdick and Geno will go become a ****ing all pro and win a SB or two, and we will have these same assholes on here saying, "Geez, we should have taken a chance on that guy".

The same shit that happened with Rodgers, Marino, you name it.

Coogs 12-18-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrow (Post 9221771)

So who is this player everyone is going to want to trade up with us for? And FWIW 1983 wasn't the last wasted first-round pick. If we used that as rationale to not pick a player in round 1 we might not be able to pick any position outside of K and P.