ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Three7s 06-19-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9762992)
Not sure why all the hate on Moose. The dude shows more competitive fire than most on the team. I'm sure he's much more disappointed in himself then any of the fans are. I don't recall him saying any shit that would warrant fans turning on him. You can see in his at bats that he's trying to make adjustments in his swing. Now taking a look at someone like Frenchy last year, when performing poorly, he looked to make NO adjustments and was reportedly in on Seitzer getting let go. I can hate on that. Should Moose have been sent down? Most likely. But that's up to management, not a call that he makes. Dude looks like he's been beatdown from this. I really hope it changes

Oh I don't know, maybe because he sucks shit? Defending Mouse is like defending Cassel. It'll never end well at this point.

SAUTO 06-19-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9763641)
Oh I don't know, maybe because he sucks shit? Defending Mouse is like defending Cassel. It'll never end well at this point.

great analogy
Posted via Mobile Device

lewdog 06-20-2013 07:04 PM

If even we could have a poor man's slugger like Mark Reynolds. Slug .450, .220 average but consistent 30-35 homers. Even that would be a significant upgrade in the middle of our lineup.

Deberg_1990 06-20-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9765663)
If even we could have a poor man's slugger like Mark Reynolds. Slug .450, .220 average but consistent 30-35 homers. Even that would be a significant upgrade in the middle of our lineup.

Yes this.

Where is this years Jermaine Dye, Mike Sweeney (99-01), Jeff King, Dean Palmer, Gary Gaetti or Danny Tartabull??

stonedstooge 06-20-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9763641)

Cassel bragged about his performance. I've never heard Moose do that

Chiefspants 06-20-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9765715)
Yes this.

Where is this years Jermaine Dye, Mike Sweeney (99-01), Jeff King, Dean Palmer, Gary Gaetti or Danny Tartabull??

Or last year's Billy Butler.

Mama Hip Rockets 06-20-2013 08:31 PM

GIVE US BOB HAMELIN, DAMMIT.

WhawhaWhat 06-20-2013 09:04 PM

Danny Duffy had another tough night.

4.2 IP, 4 ER, 5 H, 4 BBs, 5 Ks

Prison Bitch 06-20-2013 10:34 PM

Even the garbage Padres are 36-36. We are worse than them

duncan_idaho 06-21-2013 08:11 AM

Royals sign Manaea this morning, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America. He's reporting a $3.55 million signing bonus.

Basically, the success of this draft hinges on Manaea getting healthy and returning to the form that had him looking like a top 5 lock and possible No. 1 overall pick entering the college season.

Oh, and Dozier debuted last night with Idaho Falls... 2/4 with a RBI. I'd like to see him dominate there and get to Burlington in the next month or so, so they can get him moving through the system more quickly next season. He played 3B ... still hoping they give him a shot at 2B.

siberian khatru 06-21-2013 08:40 AM

This has been posted at other Royals sites, thought it might as well go here, too. (CAUTION: Those with high blood pressure or at risk of hypertension should not read it.)

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...oor-walk-rate/

WhawhaWhat 06-21-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9766838)
This has been posted at other Royals sites, thought it might as well go here, too. (CAUTION: Those with high blood pressure or at risk of hypertension should not read it.)

First thing I thought of while reading that was posted in the first comment in the story. The A's play in a big ballpark and walk all the time. The reason pitchers have no problem attacking the zone is because the hitters are ****ing terrible. That is why they don't fear attacking the zone and worry about giving up HRs.

Deberg_1990 06-21-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9766838)

I pray this was just "media talk" but if not, the Royals will never win anything with this dufus in charge.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 06-21-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9766796)
Royals sign Manaea this morning, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America. He's reporting a $3.55 million signing bonus.

Basically, the success of this draft hinges on Manaea getting healthy and returning to the form that had him looking like a top 5 lock and possible No. 1 overall pick entering the college season.

Oh, and Dozier debuted last night with Idaho Falls... 2/4 with a RBI. I'd like to see him dominate there and get to Burlington in the next month or so, so they can get him moving through the system more quickly next season. He played 3B ... still hoping they give him a shot at 2B.

Whats your current take on Moose? Do you think he will ever play up to potential and become a 30+ 100 RBI guy? Or should the Royals be looking at alternatives?
Posted via Mobile Device

siberian khatru 06-21-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9767012)
I pray this was just "media talk" but if not, the Royals will never win anything with this dufus in charge.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes. If this is spin, it's merely insulting.

But if it represents their philosophy, we're fooked.

Based on results, I fear it's the latter.