ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

mr. tegu 07-27-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8772864)
Seriously. This lineup will be stacked next year if:
1) Hosmer figures it out.
2) Frenchy and Yuni are no longer in the lineup.
3) Myers and Gio/Falu take their places.

I do think we are going to trade Gio or we are waiting to see if we can trade Yuni prior to calling him up. It has to be one or the other, right?

I would prefer Falu and Getz. Gio and Falu both had pretty equal opportunity this season. Falu was such a better hitter. Package Gio any way we need to in order to get rid of Frenchy or throw him in a deal if need be to acquire someone at the deadline.

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-27-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 8772893)
You lost me at Cards fan, most of them I know think Frenchy is one of our better players.

FWIW this one knows the whole team inside and out. He thinks Wil Myers should have replaced Frenchy at the break. Everyone knows that except....

JohnnyV13 07-28-2012 12:58 AM

http://thevirilview.com/royals/2012/...n-and-mijares/

Looking at trade possibilities for Broxton and Mijares

JohnnyV13 07-28-2012 12:59 AM

Myers is in a slump right now, his batting is down to .285 and his OPS is around .937 or so.

mr. tegu 07-28-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyV13 (Post 8773713)
Myers is in a slump right now, his batting is down to .285 and his OPS is around .937 or so.

Did the same thing in lower A ball leagues as well IIRC. He is getting bored with the competition it would seem.

Sure-Oz 07-28-2012 08:52 AM

Pretty sure Myers was let down going back to Omaha after the AS break...

Please let frenchy somehow get traded

TLO 07-28-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8773901)

I hear ya Oz- but anybody who trades for Frenchy right now is out of their freaking minds.

TLO 07-28-2012 08:55 AM

Right now would anyone here consider trading Hosmer? I still love the guy- but this season long slump has me concerned. I'm guessing we'd get a pretty good haul in return for him.

Ceej 07-28-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan369 (Post 8773905)
I hear ya Oz- but anybody who trades for Frenchy right now is out of their freaking minds.

Someone traded for Sanchez.

*shrug*

Jenson71 07-28-2012 09:25 AM

The only idiots who would trade for Frenchy right now are the Royals. I'm expecting us to sign him to a long term contract by the middle of August.

Kidd Lex 07-28-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan369 (Post 8773907)
Right now would anyone here consider trading Hosmer? I still love the guy- but this season long slump has me concerned. I'm guessing we'd get a pretty good haul in return for him.

Who's your first basemen if we traded him?

I could see if we got a haul of a major league ready top of the line arm under control for 5 years and another up and comer and a lottery ticket pulling the trigger. We need starting pitching that BAD.

Three7s 07-28-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8773901)

If he lets stuff like that affect him, he deserves to stay down in Omaha. If he's still slumping, then Moore is justified in keeping him down.

DeezNutz 07-28-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 8773959)
If he lets stuff like that affect him, he deserves to stay down in Omaha. If he's still slumping, then Moore is justified in keeping him down.

He's ready, and he's a much better option than Frenchy. Thus, there's really no defending Moore's insistence on running out, easily, one of the worst everyday players in MLB. My guess is that Frenchy is statistically the worst, but I haven't verified that.

Sure-Oz 07-28-2012 10:17 AM

I am just hoping the Royals back off their ML ready SP shit soon so they can trade their real chips like mijares, broxton and hopefully package some minor leaguers with frenchy somewhere. Myers is ready slump and all there is absolutely nothing Jeff Francouer offers to this team

duncan_idaho 07-28-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8773993)
I am just hoping the Royals back off their ML ready SP shit soon so they can trade their real chips like mijares, broxton and hopefully package some minor leaguers with frenchy somewhere. Myers is ready slump and all there is absolutely nothing Jeff Francouer offers to this team

Dayton's quotes today in the Star soften that stance. ML- or near-ML ready is what they're looking for.

Basically, just no A or lower guys. As that's where the Royals' system is deep.