ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Dark Knight Rises *Spoilers* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261597)

Silock 07-30-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8778690)
Are you talking about the one in New York or the one in Gotham?

Yes.

Reaper16 07-30-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8778598)
Wtf is google? Given you critiquing this movie I thought perhaps you had some off the top of your head that YOU thought were great and were maybe using as a comparison in your own mind.

I could spend the next few hours listing movies off the top of my head, man. I'm a big film buff. Howabout I just list my favorite films in each of the last five years?

2011: A Separation
2010: Winter's Bone
2009: Still Walking
2008: Chop Shop
2007: There Will Be Blood

mr. tegu 07-30-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8778761)
I could spend the next few hours listing movies off the top of my head, man. I'm a big film buff. Howabout I just list my favorite films in each of the last five years?

Just from reading this thread I figured you were a big movie guy which is why I was looking for some of your opinion :thumb: After briefly looking at those I think There Will Be Blood will be the one I check out. Regarding TDKR, after all the things I have read in here I need to watch it more intently the second time. I think a lot of people are just in awe watching it the first time and miss some important elements. At least I know I was.

Reaper16 07-30-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8778838)
Regarding TDKR, after all the things I have read in here I need to watch it more intently the second time.

I'm gonna' do the same soon.

Mr. Plow 07-30-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8778761)

I may just pick these all up just to see what Reaper views as a great movie. You obviously are into movies and while I think your taste is probably not necessarily my taste, I'm interested in opening up my mind a bit.

Reaper16 07-30-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8778838)
Just from reading this thread I figured you were a big movie guy which is why I was looking for some of your opinion :thumb: After briefly looking at those I think There Will Be Blood will be the one I check out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8778860)
I may just pick these all up just to see what Reaper views as a great movie. You obviously are into movies and while I think your taste is probably not necessarily my taste, I'm interested in opening up my mind a bit.

Maybe a better list for this purpose would be to try and compare apples to apples. Here are some of my favorite action(ish) films from the last five years:

2011: shit, umm, Drive? Last year wasn't great for me in terms of action.
2010: True Grit? I guess crime movies like A Prophet and Animal Kingdom count too. Also, Red Cliff - the director's cut.
2009: The Hurt Locker , Inglorious Basterds, District 9
2008: Iron Man, The Dark Knight (I guess)
2007: No Country for Old Men only comes to mind. American Gangster if we're counting crime films; I have a soft spot for it.

Mr. Plow 07-30-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8778889)
Maybe a better list for this purpose would be to try and compare apples to apples. Here are some of my favorite action(ish) films from the last five years:

2010: True Grit? I guess crime movies like A Prophet and Animal Kingdom count too. Also, Red Cliff - the director's cut.
2007: No Country for Old Men only comes to mind. American Gangster if we're counting crime films; I have a soft spot for it.

I'll add the ones I haven't seen to my list as well. I really used to be a movie guy and I think kids have just killed that....we don't watch many movies let alone live tv. But, I know you are a movie guy, so I'm going to check them out.

lcarus 07-30-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8778889)

That's a good list. From your other list, I really wanna see Winters Bone. There Will Be Blood was awesome. Daniel Day Lewis is great. Did you know I've never seen The Last of the Mohicans? I don't know how. I love Daniel Day Lewis as stated previously, but that's just one movie I've never set time aside to watch. One day soon...

KcMizzou 07-30-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8778902)
That's a good list. From your other list, I really wanna see Winters Bone. There Will Be Blood was awesome. Daniel Day Lewis is great. Did you know I've never seen The Last of the Mohicans? I don't know how. I love Daniel Day Lewis as stated previously, but that's just one movie I've never set time aside to watch. One day soon...

Winter's Bone is excellent.

JD10367 07-30-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 8778644)
Sorry if this has been asked, I haven't seen it on here. But I saw this for the 3rd time last night & can't understand what Bane says right after "I'm Gotham's reckoning..." before he snaps that dude's neck in half. Only time that I couldn't understand him and it's bugging the crap out of me.... Help?

IIRC the guy says something like, "You're evil". Bane responds, "I'm a necessary evil". Then snaps his neck.

Deberg_1990 07-30-2012 07:36 PM

I think we all knew this already but this vid helps confirm it. Banes voice was changed after the IMAX preview to make it more clear. I still think the final Bane sound mix was over the top. He doesnt even sound like hes in the same room at times with other actors in the scene.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="210" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xsghk1_bane-s-voice-comparison-imax-prologue-vs-final-film_shortfilms"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsghk1_bane-s-voice-comparison-imax-prologue-vs-final-film_shortfilms" target="_blank">Bane&#039;s voice comparison (IMAX prologue vs...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/mrstevenrichter" target="_blank">mrstevenrichter</a></i>

Hammock Parties 07-30-2012 07:38 PM

Yeah, it definitely pulled me out of the movie several times. It sounded like some amateur mixed the sound. It was definitely evident in the plane.

Personally, I thought they should have had subtitles for him.

BigRedChief 07-30-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8778690)
Are you talking about the one in New York or the one in Gotham?

Either. Some thugs break in with guns and start making trades and they have no process in place that doesnt allow the trades to go through the whole system? come on, that wasnt a suspend belief comic book/fantasy moment in the film.

58kcfan89 07-30-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8778657)
Was that when he said something like, "because you give me money, you own me?"

Assuming I'm not getting stuff mixed up, it was in that scene, but I don't think that was the line I'm missing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8778913)
IIRC the guy says something like, "You're evil". Bane responds, "I'm a necessary evil". Then snaps his neck.

Eh, maybe I'm getting it mixed up with a different scene. I thought there was another line or 2 after "I'm Gotham's reckoning" that I missed. Guess I'll have to see it again. ;)

Silock 07-30-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8779050)
Either. Some thugs break in with guns and start making trades and they have no process in place that doesnt allow the trades to go through the whole system? come on, that wasnt a suspend belief comic book/fantasy moment in the film.

That's where I'm at and got lambasted for saying it.