ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid Presser Today at 1:00PM Central (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268581)

FAX 01-08-2013 04:02 PM

ROFL

Mitch actually drooled on his tie.

FAX

BigMeatballDave 01-08-2013 04:06 PM

"Checks their ego at the door"

I ejaculate every time I hear it.

:)

OnTheWarpath15 01-08-2013 05:54 PM

Finally got a chance to watch the presser.

Couldn't help but laugh when Reid said, "it's a process".

Frankie 01-08-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9295733)
Because as long as he's on the roster, I'm a Hawkeye homer. I left for 8 months and when I came back, it was attack, attack, attack.

I'm not sure what happened but I'm ready for it to stop. I've NEVER been a homer, about the Hawkeyes OR the Chiefs.

I wasn't part of that Stanzi mania. I've been 100% honest and objective about his prospects all along. But because this board dwells only in absolutes, I'm a Stanzi ballwasher and a Hawkeye homer.

Can't wait until they cut him.

LOL, I have to say since drafting Stanzi I, the Cyclone fan, have acted more excited about him here than htismaqe, the Hawkeye fan.

The Bad Guy 01-08-2013 10:19 PM

Reid's passion is great. One of the best, most upbeat initial press conferences here in a long, long, time.

No ****ing stupid cliches. No bravado. Just a guy with admiration that wants to restore the fan base.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-08-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9297444)

ROFL I cracked up.

EagleRob 01-08-2013 10:31 PM

I remember his first days as Eagles coach he made some similar statements, "I know that if I only win two games a year here that they need to be against the New York Giants". Kinda got us going the same way. That's something: He will obsess about your division rivals - have special game plans drawn up in preseason and devote entire weeks of preseason to drilling special formations and plays designed to beat the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers. He will start with those rivals, focus on matching up against them the first season. If you win your division games and take half the rest you are 11-5 in his mind. His record outside the division and especially against the AFC was not great, but that's a function of the division-first focus.

BossChief 01-08-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9295733)

I wasn't part of that Stanzi mania.

You said a few times that he was a legit franchise quarterback prospect.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-08-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9298436)
Reid's passion is great. One of the best, most upbeat initial press conferences here in a long, long, time.

No ****ing stupid cliches. No bravado. Just a guy with admiration that wants to restore the fan base.

Yep. By the way I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not but I loved how prepared Reid was. The man watched all 16 games before the interview. IIRC, in Todd Haley's introductory press conference the same question was asked about the roster and Haley's answer was, "I haven't gotten the chance to watch any tape on the roster yet." I'd make time if I was in line for such a prominent and important career advancement opportunity.

Sorter 01-08-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Hearing about his humor, I can't help but wonder whether that was intentional. ROFL

Ace Gunner 01-08-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9298480)
Yep. By the way I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not but I loved how prepared Reid was. The man watched all 16 games before the interview. IIRC, in Todd Haley's introductory press conference the same question was asked about the roster and Haley's answer was, "I haven't gotten the chance to watch any tape on the roster yet." I'd make time if I was in line for such a prominent and important career advancement opportunity.

ROFL yes and Reid watched the paper lion 32,000 times that day also -- you know, just in case the Lions job was available

crazycoffey 01-09-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

yeah, it was a common reaction. how you been **** nuts? I'm off today and tomorrow. More importantly, I'll buy you lunch! Name the time and location.

JCharles1981 01-09-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9291412)
It'll be like the Marty days allover again. Explains why Marty loved the hire so ****ing much.

And this is a problem how? The Chiefs made the playoffs during all but one of Marty's years as the team's HC. We need to work on getting back into the post season more than just once every 4-5 years.

007 01-09-2013 06:11 AM

Won't be like the Marty days at all. Andy isn't one and done in the playoffs.

Rasputin 01-09-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9298466)
I remember his first days as Eagles coach he made some similar statements, "I know that if I only win two games a year here that they need to be against the New York Giants". Kinda got us going the same way. That's something: He will obsess about your division rivals - have special game plans drawn up in preseason and devote entire weeks of preseason to drilling special formations and plays designed to beat the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers. He will start with those rivals, focus on matching up against them the first season. If you win your division games and take half the rest you are 11-5 in his mind. His record outside the division and especially against the AFC was not great, but that's a function of the division-first focus.

I've said this much about Reid allready. He dominated the NFCE for years. His focus was to win the division and get into the playoffs. That division could beat themselves up much like the AFCW (of the good ol' days).

I like this of Andy Reid he brings on the competition and welcomes it like to the SEA OF RED.

Coach Andy Reid is a determined coach to win a Super Bowl. He wont make all the right decisions I'm sure, but you wont find a harder working coach in the league.