ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

Third Eye 09-21-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10935197)
Better or worse than farming on the Moon?

Earth would be better if it were possible to ever find a server where there aren't 5 people trying to farm that cave. Then you also have the griefers who go sit in the cave just to **** with people. At least on the moon you never have to deal with that.

Gonzo 09-21-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10936981)
I didn't watch the video, but I have been astounded by the negative reviews. This game is phenomenal.

From the extensive research I've done, all it is, is a next-gen futuristic COD or HALO. All people do is play PVP or multiplayer and farm for better weapons and point up.
I will not be buying this game until proven otherwise.

Valiant 09-21-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10936893)
cossmodrome. Go to the left, past the planes, through the building where you pass the dark hive part, up past the Wizards, Hive, and thralls, out the building, and go by the downed ship. Look straight ahead. There is a consistent spawn that comes out of the cave. There is a planes wing sticking out of the ground, stand by that, if you get too close, it will nuke the spawn.

Random events also happen here, and my favorite, "the enemies are moving against each other"

Best farming on the game. Full of engram drops.

Yeah, this is on kotaku, it is insane, just have to make sure they do not escape. It is funny, I am not sure how Bungie is going to react. They either nerf it, but then have to increase drop chances on bosses for quality gear and engrams.

Valiant 09-21-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10937527)
Earth would be better if it were possible to ever find a server where there aren't 5 people trying to farm that cave. Then you also have the griefers who go sit in the cave just to **** with people. At least on the moon you never have to deal with that.

The more the merrier if there is not griefers. As long as you fire at targets in the area they will get tagged to you for experience and loot.

Also, on weapons you get, equip them for bounty turnins before breaking down for materials. When they get leveled up it increase what you get back.

Valiant 09-21-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10937592)
From the extensive research I've done, all it is, is a next-gen futuristic COD or HALO. All people do is play PVP or multiplayer and farm for better weapons and point up.

No COD in this.

Best explanation. Borderlands worlds and weapons added with RPG elements of leveling skills and reputations. Lots of Star Wars feel for ships. Halo type jumping and movement.

As for pvp, I do not like it. the TTK is insanely quick. Which is not fun imo.

Third Eye 09-21-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10937592)

Not my experience at all. I haven't played a single game of PvP and most of my friends haven't either. I played two matches during the beta and that was enough to know it was hot garbage. The rest of the game is great though.

Third Eye 09-21-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10937652)
The more the merrier if there is not griefers. As long as you fire at targets in the area they will get tagged to you for experience and loot.

Also, on weapons you get, equip them for bounty turnins before breaking down for materials. When they get leveled up it increase what you get back.

Hell no. Any more than two people and it simply isn't worth it. Drop rate is way slower when there are five people all fighting over a handful of enemies.

007 09-21-2014 09:46 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gzopWRXK_r4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe nails it.

Valiant 09-22-2014 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10937918)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gzopWRXK_r4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe nails it.

Agreed.

Here is the sad thing. As I used a gift card to get the game I did not spend a lot. But Bungie royally ****ed the player base, the game is woefully short on substance. And I know extra content is coming for raids. But here is the question.

Are any of them free? (I have not found anything on this)If not, that means you get an incomplete story and not much content in the pve setting. But if you want more story you have to pay more outside of your 60 dollars. Whereas other games the extra content adds extra to the game. Not finishes an incomplete story.

So they are going to nickle and dime the living shit out of you if there are no free updates for raids and new maps. If the game was massive like skyrim and took most people months to complete I could understand. Then it wants to be an mmo like others and themselves have stated, but those give you free updates and content. Then the pvp aspect, those other games are more balanced.

They will have to fix this stuff in the next few months to six months. If not, I have a feeling their sequel will see a significant decline. And if Gearbox is smart, they just steal a bit of this to add to Borderlands 3.

Valiant 09-22-2014 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10937856)
Hell no. Any more than two people and it simply isn't worth it. Drop rate is way slower when there are five people all fighting over a handful of enemies.

You are not fighting though, I got loot from people I did not shoot at. I never went for the ones that made it out of the cave. But I got loot from them. Maybe I knicked them, who knows, this is when I level up guns to get parts from.

Third Eye 09-22-2014 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10938259)
You are not fighting though, I got loot from people I did not shoot at. I never went for the ones that made it out of the cave. But I got loot from them. Maybe I knicked them, who knows, this is when I level up guns to get parts from.

I guess your experience is different than mine. I know it's anecdotal, but when a partner and I go out there it seems like stuff drops left and right, then once other people show up my drops almost cease.

Edit: ok, after reading a bit, it looks like the drops are indeed independent of what you actually shoot. Guess I was just having bad luck.

Valiant 09-22-2014 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10938265)
I guess your experience is different than mine. I know it's anecdotal, but when a partner and I go out there it seems like stuff drops left and right, then once other people show up my drops almost cease.

Edit: ok, after reading a bit, it looks like the drops are indeed independent of what you actually shoot. Guess I was just having bad luck.

Possibly, goes back to the old WoW days of 'rng is rng' motto.

As much as I love borderlands, I killed one boss over 300 times and never got the drop I wanted. ****ing RNG.

Mother****erJones 09-22-2014 06:39 AM

This exotic bounty for this fusion rifle is kicking my ass

jiveturkey 09-22-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10938313)

Which part?

Mav 09-22-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10938313)

I gave up and discarded mine. It was for a hand cannon.