ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

REDHOTGTO 03-17-2013 09:27 AM

i've been around this team long enough to watch them play in the new stadium for the first time so i can say i've seen most all of it too. i am gonna give 'em a chance like bigredchief, i kinda like some of thier moves so far even though some i would'nt have done. i was in on the banner deal too, so if they do good i say fly the banner thanking clark for doing what we asked, i think he really listened. GO CHIEFS !

CaliforniaChief 03-17-2013 09:58 AM

I'm not a huge fan of the Alex Smith deal. I think we would have been better off drafting Geno #1, keeping our 2nd round pick, and building from there.

With that said, I'm still fairly positive about the team for the following reasons:

1. Nepotism appears to be dead at Arrowhead.
A. Smith, S. Smith, Schwartz, etc...none of them are connections from old regimes and relationships. Dorsey and Reid seem to be committed to getting the guys that they think are the best for what they're trying to build. You know, it could have been Foles, a trade for Finley, Asomugha, etc...

2. These guys have a plan and are aggressively pursuing it.
Like the plan or not, they believe in it and are going after it. They aren't afraid to spend money to get the guys they want, and are getting to the front of the line to get their guys. If they believe Alex Smith is the guy to lead the team at QB, then they did what they had to do.

3. There doesn't seem to be an image problem with these guys in the NFL
Many think Manning would look here because Manning's agent hated Pioli. In fact, that was a major stumbling block to people wanting to come here. Dorsey and Reid seem to be good at connecting with people and are building a system where people want to come here. Have you heard of a player who we wanted who left the building without a contract since these guys got here?

4. They can now pretty much draft BPA without compromising the roster.
Dorsey obviously meant what he said. They don't have to leave their board to get a guy because they need him. I like this approach. And I'm excited because talent evaluation is his strength. So now we can take guys that maybe aren't immediate needs, but know they'll pan out much better.

BossChief 03-17-2013 10:00 AM

If they don't give Alex an extension until he earns it, I don't really care what they gave up to get him anymore.

I know Andy Reid is far more informed about quarterbacks than I am and probably deserves the benefit of the doubt...he just better hope a quarterback from this draft doesn't blow up in the NFL coughgenocough while Alex flames out as a busted trade.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-17-2013 10:40 AM

Uh, we will not be "Dilfering" our way to a SB, so please stop with rhat shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief 03-17-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9508211)
If they don't give Alex an extension until he earns it, I don't really care what they gave up to get him anymore.

I know Andy Reid is far more informed about quarterbacks than I am and probably deserves the benefit of the doubt...he just better hope a quarterback from this draft doesn't blow up in the NFL coughgenocough while Alex flames out as a busted trade.

This.

Easy 6 03-17-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9508205)
I'm not a huge fan of the Alex Smith deal. I think we would have been better off drafting Geno #1, keeping our 2nd round pick, and building from there.

With that said, I'm still fairly positive about the team for the following reasons:

A. Smith, S. Smith, Schwartz, etc...none of them are connections from old regimes and relationships. Dorsey and Reid seem to be committed to getting the guys that they think are the best for what they're trying to build. You know, it could have been Foles, a trade for Finley, Asomugha, etc...

Like the plan or not, they believe in it and are going after it. They aren't afraid to spend money to get the guys they want, and are getting to the front of the line to get their guys. If they believe Alex Smith is the guy to lead the team at QB, then they did what they had to do.

Many think Manning would look here because Manning's agent hated *****. In fact, that was a major stumbling block to people wanting to come here. Dorsey and Reid seem to be good at connecting with people and are building a system where people want to come here. Have you heard of a player who we wanted who left the building without a contract since these guys got here?

Dorsey obviously meant what he said. They don't have to leave their board to get a guy because they need him. I like this approach. And I'm excited because talent evaluation is his strength. So now we can take guys that maybe aren't immediate needs, but know they'll pan out much better.

Excellent points one and all.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-17-2013 10:54 AM

Barkley has plenty of time to charm his way up the draft boards. The more QBs at the top the better for the CHiefs.

Coogs 03-17-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9508205)

Many think Manning would look here because Manning's agent hated *****. In fact, that was a major stumbling block to people wanting to come here. Dorsey and Reid seem to be good at connecting with people and are building a system where people want to come here. Have you heard of a player who we wanted who left the building without a contract since these guys got here?

This pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

I do however think we can go Geno with that #1 overall pick without compromising the roster either. Even if he is not the BPA.

Spending a 1st and 2nd round pick to "fix" the QB position in not way out of line IMO. And if we wait a couple of years... find out Alex Smith is not the answer... it is most likely going to cost far more than a 1st and a 2nd rounder to resolve that problem.

And yes, I realize there is a conditional pick next year as well on the Alex Smith deal.

NJChiefsFan 03-17-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9508335)
Barkley has plenty of time to charm his way up the draft boards. The more QBs at the top the better for the CHiefs.

Not if you are hoping to trade down and get a great deal. Geno being the only top 15 or so QB would make teams more itchy to move up and get him.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-17-2013 11:04 AM

I'm hoping for a feeding frenzy. Jets and Buffalo.

Mav 03-17-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9508298)
Uh, we will not be "Dilfering" our way to a SB, so please stop with rhat shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

of course you wont. Alex Smith, while average, is safetly much better than dilfer. Even dilfer admits that.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-17-2013 11:14 AM

He'll dink and dunk this team to an AFC West crown if Peydaton shows his age.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-17-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9508376)
of course you wont. Alex Smith, while average, is safetly much better than dilfer. Even dilfer admits that.

I thought he was benched for Dilfer?

Hammock Parties 03-17-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9508071)
I'll say this. With the moves the made this offseason, they could be a playoff team. If Smith is what Reid/Dorsey thinks he is they should win a playoff game. With a vet QB, yeah I'm expecting them to make the postseason and win a game or it's fail. Yeah, yeah they just went 2-14, but everyone and their grandma knows the team had more talent than that record.

This won't be a playoff team as long as Manning is in our division.

We aren't going to beat the north or south teams out for one of the two wild cards.

I think the Dolphins are on the rise too. If Tanehill improves this year that's a 10-6 team.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-17-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9508388)
This won't be a playoff team as long as Manning is in our division.

We aren't going to beat the north or south teams out for one of the two wild cards.

I think the Dolphins are on the rise too. If Tanehill improves this year that's a 10-6 team.

Well, they wanted to bring in the vet QB, so now they have to win. They don't and it's fail.